Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockBuilder Evo "The Evolution has begun"

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

NewD has not broken any MMi rules that I can see whereas some others here have used inappropriate language a few times. He has a right to post where he likes and is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else on MMi as long as they stay on topic which he was until everyone started coming down on him. If you don't like how he helps people then simply hide his posts. If you wanna argue some more with him take his advise and go to the great debate thread.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by rbern3 View Post
    June; rather then request you to add more weatherwall options ; could you please maybe write a small tutorial on how to add your own weather wallpapers?
    What kind of options do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    NewD has not broken any MMi rules that I can see whereas some others here have used inappropriate language a few times. He has a right to post where he likes and is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else on MMi as long as they stay on topic which he was until everyone started coming down on him. If you don't like how he helps people then simply hide his posts. If you wanna argue some more with him take his advise and go to the great debate thread.
    I can go on anyone's thread and slander them by saying they don't help there customers?

Everyone who pays attention knows you don't like June.
    Last edited by mcooper; 2014-05-18 at 07:24 PM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-05-18)

June; rather then request you to add more weatherwall options ; could you please maybe write a small tutorial on how to add your own weather wallpapers?
    Weather wallpapers are on a server (not located on your phone). Therefore you cannot change them manually. I plan to rotate them out every month or so, just to keep them fresh. Which options would you like to see?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rine5 View Post
    Just wanna ask, is LB Evo compatible with Convergance?
    I have spoken with Matt about the swipe left gesture with this LS since I was the only tester trying out LB Evo. We have discussed some options to deal with this but at this time he is busy fixing bugs and making his LS compatible with other tweaks.

I don't think many people have asked Matt about Convergance and LB Evo. But Matt is a great Dev, I'm sure he will work on it if enough people care.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18), rine5 (2014-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by rine5 View Post
    Just tried running LB evo together with Convergance.

Observations :
    1) As long as LockBuilder legacy is installed (disabled), Convergance will still load Lockbuilder legacy on lockscreen even though LB evo is selected on cydget

2) 1st installation of LB evo on cydget (even after respring) will cause safemode, will have to follow the advice of a bro here to modify -> reinstall cydget & do a fresh installation of LB evo to stop the safe mode crashes

3) LB evo doesn't seem to run on Convergance; perhaps because to activate the LB evo menu, we'll have to swipe left (in Convergance, when we swipe left, it shows the enabled toggles). In other words, I can't get LB evo menu to show up in Convergance.

I'm on ios 7.0.6, iphone5 btw. Really looking forward to the day that these 2 tweaks will play nice with one another
    I talked with the creator a bit back, he did say Convergence needs a fair amount of resources. Evo does too, I wouldn't recommend running both of them at the same time. Just like I don't recommend running Forecast and LBEvo. Although it is possible. On iOS7 we run at a limited amount of ram. What options does convergence have that LBEvo doesn't supply?
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-05-18 at 07:40 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18), rine5 (2014-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    What options does convergence have that LBEvo doesn't supply?
    For me it's mainly aesthetics. Convergance has a smoother unlock transition than Cydget, calendar widget that has my events easily accessible, very cool RSS widget, neat notification visuals, etc. Like I said, mostly aesthetics but the calendar and RSS widgets are unlike anything I have seen.

Apparently he just said I don't help my customers, and he feels the need to help them his self. I could see why my customers are coming down on him. Expected right? He is not needed here, says the same thing in almost everyone of my threads he attends. I don't care really, I have him blocked, don't have to see his nonsense. Seeing his post just makes me comment, which is pointless. Just like me wanting to reply to this comment. Pointless, has nothing to do with LockBuilder Evo. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    For me it's mainly aesthetics. Convergance has a smoother unlock transition than Cydget, calendar widget that has my events easily accessible, very cool RSS widget, neat notification visuals, etc. Like I said, mostly aesthetics but the calendar and RSS widgets are unlike anything I have seen.
    Gotcha, it does look nice. Conflicts with a lot though. (as i've seen in the change logs) I do have calendar and rss widgets for LBEvo, just havent released everything due to flooding cydia.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18)

Thanks

Yeah, it does conflict with some things due to the nature of how it works I suppose. If it wasn't a complete takeover of the LS, which is what I like about it, I'm sure it wouldn't conflict as much. Thankfully Matt works tirelessly to fix these issues.

Will your RSS widget be interactive like with Convergance?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18)

Yeah, it does conflict with some things due to the nature of how it works I suppose. If it wasn't a complete takeover of the LS, which is what I like about it, I'm sure it wouldn't conflict as much. Thankfully Matt works tirelessly to fix these issues.

Will your RSS widget be interactive like with Convergance?
    Yes they are, will open the said article in safari as well. I've never used convergance. Not my thing really mostly due to the complete takeover. Its like cydget or lockhtml with integrated widgets or predefined functions. I started going that direction with this rewrite, but taking care of everything on the lockscreen is a task not meant for single LS. To many things to deal with. One example getting rid of slide to unlock, ncgrabber, ccgrabber, camera icon. Would conflict with springtomize and a few others tweaks that did the same. Would take twice as much code to make it not conflict. Many ways of hiding these items, you use one way and it will conflict with the tweak that does the same. Props to him though, I know its a pain in the ***.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18)

Thanks

That's why I love the jailbreak community. It's all about choices. I use to love LockHTML but only use Convergance now but I can understand why it isn't for everyone.

My question about your RSS widget is mainly about interacting with it on the LS. So, I'm guessing if I click on the feed it will unlock my device and launch Safari? I really like opening the article in the LS but understand if that's beyond the scope of LB Evo.

Running this on ios 7.0.6 on an iPhone 5S and my fonts won't stay the same. My colors stay but my fonts don't. It will work and then the next time I go to my lockscreen it's not there.
    I have tested the cydia version, and with the new create.js. I can't reproduce this issue. Is this happening with a certain theme? If you reset completely, then choose a font does it stay?

That's why I love the jailbreak community. It's all about choices. I use to love LockHTML but only use Convergance now but I can understand why it isn't for everyone.

My question about your RSS widget is mainly about interacting with it on the LS. So, I'm guessing if I click on the feed it will unlock my device and launch Safari? I really like opening the article in the LS but understand if that's beyond the scope of LB Evo.
    Nothing is beyond the scope of LBEvo. It uses the same mechanism every "tweak" uses, direct access to all iphone capabilities. Will I make an iWidget that opens another view on the lockscreen, that shows safari with the rss post? Doubt it, I truly believe that is something to be handled by safari itself. It has the complete essentials to view posts. Back, Forward, bookmark, history, caching etc.

Convergance and LBEvo are on way different scales really. LB is created to let users change their interface with multiple themes. Easily, and without taking a good amount of space with multiple lockscreens. For example I have 30 that can be loaded immediately whenever I like. Think like dreamboard, but for the lockscreen. Convergance is more like cydget with added widgets and an interface.

By saying that I just mean the course of action of CV and LB are two different directions imo.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-05-18 at 08:23 PM.

Surprised I am not lol
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Surprised I am not lol
    I will continue to help.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Grow up man seriously you are practically coffin dodging and your here stirring **** up.
    Responded to in Great Debate thread out of respect to June's thread. Go here

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    NewD, I'll never say you aren't helpful to people. I'll never say you shouldn't try to help people on any thread. But your idea of what kind of dev June is, is completely incorrect. And when you say "he does this" or "he doesn't do that" you are talking out of your a**!!!
    I also wonder why you feel it necessary to go onto a devs thread and slander him? Isn't there rules against that behavior on MMI. Do you have proof that you solicited help from June and he refused it?
    Responded to in Great Debate thread out of respect to June's thread. Go here
    Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    I can go on anyone's thread and slander them by saying they don't help there customers?
    Responded to in Great Debate Thread out of respect for June's thread. Go here
    Apparently he just said I don't help my customers, and he feels the need to help them his self. I could see why my customers are coming down on him. Expected right? He is not needed here, says the same thing in almost everyone of my threads he attends. I don't care really, I have him blocked, don't have to see his nonsense. Seeing his post just makes me comment, which is pointless. Just like me wanting to reply to this comment. Pointless, has nothing to do with LockBuilder Evo. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about.
    Responded to in Great Debate thread out of respect for 'your' thread. Go here
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-18 at 09:33 PM.

Default Walls
    It's not exactly "options" but I would just like some different weather walls. For example "Fair" looks like a road or a trial; and I would prefer it to be more nature like or something that stands out (nice scenary for example like a windmill at a lake or pond not moving because there's no wind.) I enjoy the "mostly cloudy" weather wall.

So for an option maybe you can have two different weather walls; like simple pictures and then more complex HD photos.

Weather wallpapers are on a server (not located on your phone). Therefore you cannot change them manually. I plan to rotate them out every month or so, just to keep them fresh. Which options would you like to see?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbern3 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-05-18), mcooper (2014-05-18)

It's not exactly "options" but I would just like some different weather walls. For example "Fair" looks like a road or a trial; and I would prefer it to be more nature like or something that stands out (nice scenary for example like a windmill at a lake or pond not moving because there's no wind.) I enjoy the "mostly cloudy" weather wall.

So for an option maybe you can have two different weather walls; like simple pictures and then more complex HD photos.
    I'll see what I can add. Since they are on the server can add as many as I like. Do you have any wallpaper sets?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-19)

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (2014-05-19), mcooper (2014-05-19)

Was wondering if it is just me that can't change the LB swiper to 12hr time. I changed the twenty four hour to false in the widget.js

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bAdkid For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bAdkid View Post
    Was wondering if it is just me that can't change the LB swiper to 12hr time. I changed the twenty four hour to false in the widget.js
    It is backwards. The 24hr is handled by LBEvo. No need to change manually. if you change the settings to off it will show 24hr. Ill fix

Try this one.
    LBEvo Swiper
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-05-19 at 01:50 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

bAdkid (2014-05-19), mcooper (2014-05-19)

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bAdkid For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-05-19), mcooper (2014-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

Submitted to Macciti for review. If you purchased previous lockbuilder you will need to send an email with a screenshot of it purchased. Cydia number included. Beta testers will get an email when its live.
    I donated for the beta but i can't find the info for it because i was having problem purchasing it from my phone . Just gonna buy it again from Cydia .

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast