Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockBuilder Evo "The Evolution has begun"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-17), Mr.Coffee (2014-05-18), wardever (2014-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdog View Post
    Some of my setups in Legacy had GL.

Current setup in Evo was the EQuality theme...the only thing customized was the unlock text...three emojis.

If that was to me...I don't have a passcode set, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyleebillington View Post
    I to have been having a lot of safe mode crashes with my recent change to the equality theme Have yet to figure it out. It happens quite a bit while I'm charging and turn my phone on to do something then it safe modes. Just got use to it. Been to busy to pinpoint the problem.
    I've had Evo on my phone for almost a month now and (off subject) it's been amazing to see how June has been adding and fixing things as we run things past him while testing Evo. He is a genius and it has been motivating to see him build and add to Evo.

Anyway, I have an i5 and I have a sh**load of tweaks installed on my phone. I ran into safe mode and freezing problems many times over the past month, but haven't in over a week. Here are a couple of the things that I found that remedied these issues. Some or all may seem like common sense, but they work.

1) After downloading a new Evo update, don't just do a normal respring. Go into Cydget uncheck and then recheck LockBuilderEvo and then respring in Cydget. Just like how you have to respring in Winterboard for theme changes to take affect, it seems Cydget is the same. (I'm not an expert on how they work, but I do know that a basic respring doesn't always clear all of the cache.)

2) If you are still getting safe mode/freezing after trying #1 then go to Cydia, go to LBEvo and uninstall it, then go to Cydget, push modify and then reinstall. After the required respring from the Cydget reinstall go back into Cydia, reinstall LBEvo, go to Cydget in settings and select LBEvo and allow another respring. Lastly run iCleaner pro to clean out any junk you may have on your phone. (to be honest the uninstall/reinstall of LBEvo is just an extra troubleshooter, but I found that just the reinstall of Cydget did the trick for me when I was getting safe mode 4 or 5 times a day a few weeks ago.)

3) Last option. If #1 and #2 didn't work for you, just think of safe mode as a cool LockBuilderEvo feature.

Seriously though, I have pushed my i5 to the limit over the past month to see what issues would arise with using LBEvo. I have over 40 tweaks installed on my phone and I have run it with as many as 12 widgets at the same time (between LBEvo and my springboard) and I am not having any issues with going into safe mode anymore.

I know that I am probably not running all of the same tweaks as you, but if there is a conflict with one that you are using it should be pretty easy to find by just turning them off in iCleaner pro to narrow it down. Also, keep an eye on how much RAM you have available so you can see if that may be causing the resprings.

There are many of us that believe in LockBuilderEvo and know how enjoyable and addictive it is. We want everyone to enjoy it without issues as well. If you are still running into problems after doing the above remedies, let me know and I will try to duplicate what tweaks you are running to see if we can pinpoint the issue.

-we
    Last edited by wardever; 2014-05-17 at 09:56 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wardever For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-05-18), June'sIphone (2014-05-17), mcooper (2014-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Also remember that Animated weather Lockscreens in iOS 7 are susceptible to the WebView bug even when LS in made for Cydgets. What triggers 95% of people's crashing with Lockscreens is having your Apple Passcode Lock on. Turn this off - bye bye crashing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,986 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Also remember that Animated weather Lockscreens in iOS 7 are susceptible to the WebView bug even when LS in made for Cydgets. What triggers 95% of people's crashing with Lockscreens is having your Apple Passcode Lock on. Turn this off - bye bye crashing.
    Too bad that wasn't fixed prior to 7.1, because going without a passcode is not an option for me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    Too bad that wasn't fixed prior to 7.1, because going without a passcode is not an option for me.
    If going without a Passcode isn't an option because of an Exchange policy with your work email, get Exchange Policy Cleaner and that will allow your email to work without the Passcode Lock.

If running without one is for personal security reasons then use AndroidLockXT tweak. Works perfectly and doesn't cause any crashing with animated lock screens.

Plenty of options in the jailbreak world.

The biggest bummer though is we don't get to use our cool Fingerprint scanner on 5S if we want crashless Animated Lockscreens..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-17 at 01:17 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-17), Sital (2014-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    I use pass code when out, and I have absolutely no crashes.

Did have someone with a weird issue last night. Was solved by apt-get update.

Seems cycript wasn't up to date and he had to install cydget deb to even install cydgets. I had a similar issue when I first jailbroke. I left pass code on when JB, and cydia wouldn't show current updates for tweaks. I restored and jailbroke properly. In his case this wasn't an option, but apt-get update fixed his issues.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-05-17 at 03:57 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-05-18), Sital (2014-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I use pass code when out, and I have absolutely no crashes.
    Cydgets is much more stable with the WebView bug and Passcode lock on. Especially when you run animation in Background Layer and weather data on the Homescreen layer. Don't know if you've built EVO with the dual layers June. You're probably also not running full animation.

If EVO runs in home screen layer only (for touch layer reasons) and you run UniAW on the LS and you have your Passcode lock on. You will eventually crash too. The WebView bug affects all phones on iOS 7.0.x. Saurik did his best to have the WebView bug be a non issue when running LS in Cydgets.. Way less crashing than GroovyLock and LockHTML3.. But most devs are only writing for the Homescreen Layer in Cydgets.. And high animation in the Homescreen layer and Apple Passcode lock on is Crash city..

My guess is you're not running high animation and that's why you don't experience crashing. But your customers should know about the WebView bug and how Apple Passcode Lock can be part of their crashing issues.

If you're replying to me don't bother man. You must be bored, don't even know why you're in my thread. ImageUploadedByModMyi1400350773.366175.jpg

Its live in the macciti repo. If you purchased early beta, check your email.

: LockBuilder Evo Released in the @macciti repo
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-05-17 at 09:15 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-05-18), wardever (2014-05-18)

I downloaded a theme form dropbox and installed through ifile. Which folder are themes installed in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noles4423 View Post
    I downloaded a theme form dropbox and installed through ifile. Which folder are themes installed in.

Thanks
    The plist goes to var/mobile/Library/LBEvoThemes

The overlays go to var/mobile/Library/LBEvoOverlays

The widgets go to var/mobile/Library/iwidgets

And the icons go into library/themes where WinterBoard themes are.
    Last edited by mcooper; 2014-05-17 at 10:26 PM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-05-18), June'sIphone (2014-05-17)

Swipe iWidget coming soon. Swipe once to view forecast, swipe again to view quick launch.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-05-18), mcooper (2014-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    If you're replying to me don't bother man. You must be bored, don't even know why you're in my thread.
    Just trying to help your people understand their crashing problems - since all you tell them is "must be a tweak conflict".. as if that absolves you from trying to make a tweak that plays nicely with other tweaks. It's totally fine for YOU to ignore me - since it's not you I'm writing the posts for .. Just keep on ignoring me, bro.. No big..

Or just stay out of this thread it's that simple.

Bored of your massive posts with all your ramblings in.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by noles4423 View Post

Thanks

I wouldn't think someone could find many LBEvo themes in a dropbox. Are you sure it's not an old LB theme?
    Just want to make sure everyone is aware that old LockBuilder themes won't work with Evo.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-05-18)

Just as a note, if you have LSTools installed please remove it. You can use Lock Screen Tool, does the same and is free. LSTools is known to cause conflicts with Cydget.

Another note. As y4wizard mentioned on post 52. If there is a problem opening the websites from LBEvo.

"Do you have prowidgets? I had the same problem and turned off the open in app option under browser and it fixed my problem."
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-05-18 at 01:04 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    Impressive. So, any conflicts? I'm currently using Convergance, so LBEvo replaces that?

I'm excited.

Jerome, sorry to hijack your thread.
    There were some swipe issues with Convergence early on but KOH mentioned they were working on the fix.
    I would recommend running LBEvo on its own. Though I'm sure there may be a few, I don't know of any lockscreen tweak that can do anything that LBEvo can't do.

And LBEvo can do much much more than all the others.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (2014-05-18), June'sIphone (2014-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    There were some swipe issues with Convergence early on but KOH mentioned they were working on the fix.
    I would recommend running LBEvo on its own. Though I'm sure there may be a few, I don't know of any lockscreen tweak that can do anything that LBEvo can't do.

And LBEvo can do much much more than all the others.
    Thanks. I'm intrigued enough that I'm going to give this a try. Could you point me to where that Fuel inspired LS you showed off is? TIA.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-05-18), mcooper (2014-05-18)

Thanks. I'm intrigued enough that I'm going to give this a try. Could you point me to where that Fuel inspired LS you showed off is? TIA.
    Thats one I'm still working on. But I'll send you a pm so you can play with it too.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (2014-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    Thats one I'm still working on. But I'll send you a pm so you can play with it too.
    That would be nice of you. Thanks.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-05-18)

That would be nice of you. Thanks.
    Pm sent

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast