Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech7 - Now On Cydia!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Okay, I'll try and corner the issue.

So, I've been looking at the JellyLock7 files and I can't seem to theme it with WinterBoard. Have any of you tried using WB, or did you just replace the original files?
    The icons are automaticlly skinned. The circle is able to be replaced with whatever you want. I made mine custom with no circle. I just turned the alpha down to 0 and put it back on my phone and it worked after a respring. I didn't have to use Winterboard.

[Updated Response]

I would imagine if you wanted to use Winterboard, create a directory from where the circle would be in and then try that?
    Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 2014-03-08 at 07:15 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-03-08)

So I tested it and seems to work fine by me.^^

This pic is in mail app.
    -test1.png
    This in cydia when downloading.
    -test2.png

Give it a shot: Neurotech7 Loader Test
    But not best of quality because of photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -test2.png  

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArChAnGeL_ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-08), Jahooba (2014-03-08), King_O_Hill (2014-03-08), pioneer88 (2014-03-09)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXShadowX21 View Post
    The icons are automaticlly skinned. The circle is the able to replace with whatever you want. I made mine custom with no circle. I just turned the alpha down to 0 and put it back on my phone and it worked instantly after a respring. I didn't have to use Winterboard.

I would imagine if you wanted to use Winterboard, create a directory from where the circle would be in and them try that?
    There's no info.plist in the folder with the icons. Usually you just remake the file tree starting from where that file is but that didn't seem to work. For example, \Bundles\com.mkatzmann.jellylock7\Contents\Resourc es\icon files

Quote Originally Posted by ArChAnGeL_ View Post
    So I tested it and seems to work fine by me.^^

This pic is in mail app.
    -test1.png
    This in cydia when downloading.
    -test2.png

Give it a shot: Neurotech7 Loader Test
    But not best of quality because of photoshop.
    Thanks for testing it out - I'll update the theme with the old ones, but just be aware it will cause a problem with programs that use the white status bar - you won't be able to see it. I suppose that's a worth trade off

Okay, I rendered them in black and they seem to work fine on white and black status bars - Hopefully there are no problems with it because I'm pretty sure I tried that before and something wasn't right about it.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-03-08 at 07:06 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-08), ArChAnGeL_ (2014-03-08), King_O_Hill (2014-03-08)

There's no info.plist in the folder with the icons. Usually you just remake the file tree starting from where that file is but that didn't seem to work. For example, \Bundles\com.mkatzmann.jellylock7\Contents\Resourc es\icon files

Thanks for testing it out - I'll update the theme with the old ones, but just be aware it will cause a problem with programs that use the white status bar - you won't be able to see it. I suppose that's a worth trade off

Okay, I rendered them in black and they seem to work fine on white and black status bars - Hopefully there are no problems with it because I'm pretty sure I tried that before and something wasn't right about it.
    No problem Mr.J, just happy to help out ^^

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArChAnGeL_ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-08), King_O_Hill (2014-03-08)

That's exactly what I was talking about. I believe just having the icons skinned in it will automatically skin for Jellylock. I have skinned a few of my own icons. Let me trade those out to see my theory is correct.

[Update]

All right, my theory is incorrect and I believe I know the reason why. There are additional icon files through out iOS as I'm sure you are aware. Those additional for ex.( [email protected], [email protected] ) icons would need to be skinned. Once those are skin, they will show up automatically in Jellylock without needing to theme them in Winterboard.

Also, if you see them skinned while in the Jellylock app chooser settings, you're good to use those as they will show up as seen in those cell tables.
    Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 2014-03-08 at 07:22 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-08)

Oh, actually I'm pretty confident I can theme the app icons (since they're auto-skinned), I'm more concerned about the slider, camera, and unlock buttons

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-08), pioneer88 (2014-03-09), samsquanch (2014-03-09)

Oh, actually I'm pretty confident I can theme the app icons (since they're auto-skinned), I'm more concerned about the slider, camera, and unlock buttons
    Ahh, gotchya! My apologies for not quite understanding where you were getting at. As a matter of fact, I may be able to find those icons files for you. My friend cocco26 actually turned the opacity down to 0 in his Era 7 theme so they wouldn't show up. Let me see if I can find out out he did that and I'll be back in touch.
    Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 2014-03-08 at 07:36 PM.

Ah, sorry again - I have the files (the file tree i posted a couple posts back points right to them, actually) - I'm just looking for a way to theme them using WinterBoard.

The reason I use WinterBoard is because it safely stores most themes and is wonderfully compatible with most content - if, for instance, I create a file structure within the Neurotech upload that points to folders that don't exist, conflicts will arise.

For example, one time I uploaded an update to Neurotech (iOS 6) that included a couple Zeppelin themes. Well, it turns out my theme, once downloaded, can create the proper file tree (to the Zeppelin themes folder) within the OS, but it only works when Zeppelin is installed before* my theme. If Zeppelin is installed after you install Neurotech the files will get destroyed.

But with JellyLock it's even worse because if there's no WinterBoard support then I would have to override the JellyLock files directly (with Zeppelin I can create a new listing within the app, so it's non-destructive). Generally speaking themes are not suppose to do this - it's sloppy and just not ethical, in a way. The app maker needs to take WinterBoard compatibility in mind when creating their app.

I send Max (the author) an email asking him about this - I hope he gets back to me soon

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

ArChAnGeL_ (2014-03-09), DarkXShadowX21 (2014-03-08), King_O_Hill (2014-03-08), pioneer88 (2014-03-09), samsquanch (2014-03-09)

Quick question, I designed an iPad wallpaper for the iPad 4. I set it at 2048x2048. When I load it on to my iPad, it doesn't fit. How would resize it to make it fit?

P.s. What do you guys think of it?
    Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 2014-03-08 at 11:37 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-03-08), King_O_Hill (2014-03-09)

The image is square but the iPad screen is rectangular, so it enlarges the image lengthwise. It will fit perfect in the portrait orientation, but for it to fit landscape you'll need to shrink the image within the photoshop canvas

It kinda reminds me of a metal album cover! The symbol kinda matches the spirit of Neurotech, I'd say, and I like how the lettering has sort of a emerald translucency to it - and it looks sharp! Good job, man.

I would probably change the shadows on the central glyph - make it more defined. You should make the glyph as sharp as the lettering, you know?

Actually, I suggest you create three more designs like the one you made, then blend them all together or nest them within each other, perhaps.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-03-08 at 11:57 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-09), ArChAnGeL_ (2014-03-09), King_O_Hill (2014-03-09), pioneer88 (2014-03-09)

The image is square but the iPad screen is rectangular, so it enlarges the image lengthwise. It will fit perfect in the portrait orientation, but for it to fit landscape you'll need to shrink the image within the photoshop canvas

It kinda reminds me of a metal album cover! The symbol kinda matches the spirit of Neurotech, I'd say, and I like how the lettering has sort of a emerald translucency to it - and it looks sharp! Good job, man.

I would probably change the shadows on the central glyph - make it more defined. You should make the glyph as sharp as the lettering, you know?

Actually, I suggest you create three more designs like the one you made, then blend them all together or nest them within each other, perhaps.
    It actually doesn't fit in portrait mode. What should I make the dimensions to make it fit properly in landscape mode? Also, how would I set it so it works in both landscape and portrait so it doesn't get cut off when turning the screen?

I'm glad you like the lettering, I've spent a good time making that lettering to look like that. When I build a theme, I want to use the same emerald effect instead of a solid color

When you mean, make it more defined, do you mean by actually bringing the shadow up to the glyph as in like a 3px distance? I know when creating shadows to look more realistic a subtle 3px shadow drop gives it pop but I was trying to give it more of a "depthy" point of view per say.

I thought about blending the same logo on top of each other a few times. I'll give that a try and see how it looks.

Oh, I misspoke - it's constrained to landscape, so the image looks zoomed in in portrait, right

You simply need to select all your layers and press Ctrl+T and resize it smaller until it fits. Exactly what size is a matter of just seeing what works. With my own art I sometimes try dozens of iterations until I find what I like.

As for the shadow, by all means feel free to completely disregard any of my suggestions - you have your own reasoning and really, you'll make it your own no matter what I say, and that's as it should be. Trust me, it's not easy for two artists to see eye to eye! Creation is something that's wrangled more than discovered, if you know what I mean.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-09), DarkXShadowX21 (2014-03-09), King_O_Hill (2014-03-09), pioneer88 (2014-03-09), samsquanch (2014-03-09)

Hey everybody!

I just wanted to get in touch real quick about a thread I started. I have written a tutorial on how to request icons from a themer. Please check it out and let me know what you think! I would appreciate it Thanks!
    Icon Request Tutorial

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), Jahooba (2014-03-10), King_O_Hill (2014-03-10)

Jahooba, I would like to check with you on the progress of these icons. They look so ugly unthemed :/

Hey Pioneer, I recognize some of those icons, but not all of them. The gaming ones don't usually translate well into Ntech icons in my opinion - game icons are usually delineated by bright colors rather than interesting shapes. These kinds of icons require more time than I am permitted.

For paid themes I'll need three bits of information:

The name of the icon
    The BundleID
    The icon files

They're easy to harvest using iFunBox. Here is an example of what the folders look like that I theme from: Icon Harvest Example

Just send me a zip with that information and I'll theme what I can

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), King_O_Hill (2014-03-10), pioneer88 (2014-03-10)

I actually already sent you a zip some time ago, was just hoping you'll put them higher up on your custom icon theming list They're

Cydia apps
    Firewall iP7
    iCleaner Pro
    ProtectMyPrivacy
    BatteryLife

AppStore apps
    Infinity Blade 3
    Minigore 2
    Tiny Death Star
    Hatch
    DataMan Next

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-03-10)

Thanks man, I do have them in my queue. Some of them will definitely be in the next update.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), King_O_Hill (2014-03-10), pioneer88 (2014-03-10), recklesstryg (2014-03-10)

Thanks man, I do have them in my queue. Some of them will definitely be in the next update.
    Awesome, thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Trimo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    Jahooba, I would like to check with you on the progress of these icons. They look so ugly unthemed :/

Can this wall be found or download? TIA

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), King_O_Hill (2014-03-10), pioneer88 (2014-03-10), Trimo (2014-03-11)

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast