Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockBuilder - You're not going to believe this!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I am crash free too, June. Your explanation of what could cause JAWonder's crashing is exactly correct.

One thing that still frustrates me about this Buggy WebView thing in 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 is that whenever a rain or snow animation is running (any HIGH animation) in LockBuilder in LockHTML3 (set to Homepage and not Background).. The rest of the phone gets jittery in its normal animations. This will happen even with plenty of RAM to spare. I know cause I check my RAM level carefully as I'm testing. You can tell the jitter by watching your chat bubbles and send a text and watch the text render onto the screen.. It will 'jump and jitter' as the bubble of the text in moving. Loading screens will all be jittery too. As soon as you move back to just clouds running or turn off the animation in LockBuilder - then all jitter on rest of phone goes away.

This is a limitation of ANY LockScreen Player that only uses the HomeScreen Layer in 7.0.4 and is the reason for safe mode crashes too when you're using your passcode Lock.

I SO wish a jailbreak was available for 7.1 where the WebView bug is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You will see the jitter, June. Everyone will. No phone escapes the WebView bugs in 7.0.4. Only LockBuilder running in Cydgets or in LockHTML3 in BACKGROUND mode switched on - will prevent the jitter issue. As a programmer I'm sure you understand why this is the case.

And remember - I'm not saying RAIN will jitter.. It makes animation in the REST of the phone unstable. Just like the Spin and Flip problem in iOS6.
    No phone exscapes the WebView bug? Not saying there isn't one. Just I have not seen it documented, and I have no Jitter as you speak of.

I run LockBuilder just like everyone. You said snow or rain here is snow recorded with DisplayRecorder on 7.0.4 Thats pretty heavy animation. I couldn't find rain so I cannot say it doesn't on rain. Any lag you see is because of DisplayRecorder. So you can see my point of view as a programmer. I have no jitteryness. I have no reason to say I don't if I did.

No jitter - YouTube

PS. I don't want to get in a discussion of this webview bug, I would like to stay on topic and discuss LockBuilder only.

/* --------------------------------- */

Ill post this again sure it will be asked what was updated.

Next update is live, this is what i've added/fixed
    Weather Loading Issue
    Top Grabber. fades after a few seconds, it will come back as you navigate through menus, but will disappear when they are closed.
    Languages. You can go to Menu/Settings/ and choose from EN, FR, IT, SP, DE. These will also change the 5 day forecast and HTC clock

ImageUploadedByModMyi1392333968.163449.jpg
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-14 at 12:29 AM.

I was able to download it but I don't know how to access it to do my own customizations. Is there supposed to be an app or under Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by itsTreyG View Post
    I was able to download it but I don't know how to access it to do my own customizations. Is there supposed to be an app or under Settings?
    Requires LockHTML3

Some instructions

LockBuilder will be installed into the winterboard directory. It does NOT get applied in winterboard.

With HTML3 the background seems to show before LockBuilder, to compensate for this just go to settings and add a solid black wallpaper as your lockscreen wallpaper.

Go to LockHTML3 from settings and turn on Enable HTML

Below that Select Widget, LockBuilder will show here.

LockHTML settings

Under advanced, disable edit mode must be turned on (will stop ls from moving around)
    Under Hide LS Elements turn on.
    Hide CC Grabber
    Hide NC Grabber
    Hide Camera Grabber
    Hide Unlock Chevron
    Hide Unlock Text
    Hide Clock View

Under Misc Settings
    Hide Status bar or Use Small Status Bar
    Custom LS Timeout set to max (I recommend getting Lockscreen Extender to delay even longer)

LockBuilder is in its infancy stage, although I have had a handful of testers, you may experience some bugs. Please report them to me at [email protected]

What you see now is subject to change. I do plan on a UI change. You will be updated via cydia.

Modmyi Thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...g-believe.html

Youtube Tutorials: http://t.co/C1BgA30y9a

How to add source

Go to cydia and click the manage tab, then click sources.
    in the top right click edit then add http://lockbuilder.gunny29.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

itsTreyG (2014-02-14)

My menu button doesn't show at all, but it still works if I tap the right place, so I guess it's completely transparent on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rbern3 View Post
    My menu button doesn't show at all, but it still works if I tap the right place, so I guess it's completely transparent on mine.
    Shouldn't be. Anyone else have this?

Nvm, what actually happened is it shows the first time, but if I just let my lockscreen sleep instead of going to my homepage, it won't show the next time I click my lock button. So disregard that, as it does work:P

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rbern3 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-02-14)

Nvm, what actually happened is it shows the first time, but if I just let my lockscreen sleep instead of going to my homepage, it won't show the next time I click my lock button. So disregard that, as it does work:P
    :P This will happen. The lockscreen isn't loaded again, if the phone goes to sleep on its own.

Beautiful thing about this tweak; not only is it just sexy.. but it really isn't a battery drain like some other lockscreen tweaks !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rbern3 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    No phone exscapes the WebView bug? Not saying there isn't one. Just I have not seen it documented.
    In Apple's beta notes themselves. Well-documented.

I run LockBuilder just like everyone. You said snow or rain here is snow recorded with DisplayRecorder on 7.0.4 Thats pretty heavy animation. I couldn't find rain so I cannot say it doesn't on rain.
    If you read my last post again.. I made clear - it's NOT any jitter in the snow or rain animation itself. It's what it does to the REST of the animation on your phone like--> Windows opening, chat message bubbles rendering on a sent text, etc...which all jitter when rain and snow are running in LockHTML3/LockBuilder.

The animations themselves in LockBuilder are BEAUTIFUL!!! But that's also entirely NOT the point I was making. .. LockHTML3, when high animation is running, because of the WebView bug -- messes with the animation of the rest of the phone. Just to be clear again.. NOT the UniAW animations in LockBuilder. They're fine as are ALL animations running in LockHTML3 itself.

But if I'm gonna run LockBuilder long term - I need it working inside a LS tweak that DOESN'T lag the rest of my phone. Currently the phone UI animation does jitter in the rest of "our phones" when running the UniAW function in LockBuilder/LockHTML3 with rain and snow on the screen. VERY much looking forward to LockBuilder running in Cydgets... which I know is your goal too, June.

Thanks!
    Grant
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-14 at 01:54 AM.

Cydgets is extremely laggy. Anything that uses UniaWether animations is laggy. It has to do with the animation tweak I think. I've used Groovylock and Cyget tweak, and they both cause the phone animations up lag / jitter after a while. I don't think there's anything June can do .

Thanks

Cydgets is extremely laggy. Anything that uses UniaWether animations is laggy. It has to do with the animation tweak I think. I've used Groovylock and Cyget tweak, and they both cause the phone animations up lag / jitter after a while. I don't think there's anything June can do .
    Only high animation running in LockHTML3 causes jitter for me in rest of phone. GroovyLock and Cydgets which employ the "Background Layer" leave the rest of the phone completely jitter free. I've tested this thoroughly using the exact same widgets to make sure my comparisons were 'apples to apples'.

I acknowledge there are many variables on our phones these days.. And iOS7 has caused many problems we've never dealt with before. But developers need to keep as much animation as possible in the background layer.

But LockBuilder is still a great achievement! Love what i can do with it! And I'm grateful for all Bushe's done with LockHTML3 to make it even more stable!

June, it's currently Sleeting / Freezing Rain, but my forecast and the regular description tweak are saying " Unknown Precipitation " . With that being said, it's a Yahoo issue, but are you sure you can't add Accuweather or some service? Yahoo is just not that great for me , and I feel like accuweather is the best.

Thanks

June, it's currently Sleeting / Freezing Rain, but my forecast and the regular description tweak are saying " Unknown Precipitation " . With that being said, it's a Yahoo issue, but are you sure you can't add Accuweather or some service? Yahoo is just not that great for me , and I feel like accuweather is the best.
    June's very particular about the weather service he uses. I, like you, hate Yahoo - the simple JSON call. It's not accurate for small suburbs near major cities. If I use a zip code or WOEID for my hometown, about 15 miles from Philadelphia, all I will see all day and night is: Fair, Cloudy, Partly Cloudy and Mostly Cloudy. NEVER will it EVER show rain, drizzle, snow, thunderstorm.. NEVER! As soon as I set my zip code or WOEID to Phildelphia - then I see the true weather. Yahoo is simply not interested in accurate reporting for the small suburbs near major cities. I've tested this for MANY cities in the US and it's the same. Set it to a 'major city' and you'll see accurate weather in your widgets. It's a shame. But you learn to live with it with widgets that use Yahoo's JSON call.

The closest city to me is about 1:30 away, I live in the woods of PA haha. Anyway, what color font is a good colored font to use with the weatherwalls? I feel like there is no good color to fit all the walls.

Just to test your theory- I did my closest big town / city; and Yahoo is still completely wrong. It's reporting Cloudy at 39 degrees when Accuweather and Weather.com is reporting 30, with Moderate Snow. So it's completely inaccurate for me
    Last edited by rbern3; 2014-02-14 at 02:46 AM.

can anyone share some personal preferences for a clock with weather, or just weather widgets .. any help would be appreciated . Also I saw that June had a animated weather in the theme but alas I cant find it, shrugs

If someone is willing to pay me for another full hour week of straight coding about 12hrs a day I will implement weather.com.

If you think I can just flip a switch you're wrong. Accuweather is the worst service you can ever choose, and swore I would never use it in a widget ever again. So that is completely out of the question.

With that being said I made a custom code with weather.com what did people want? Yahoo. So now I use yahoo and people want something else. There is no pleasing everyone sorry.

Grant did you even care to watch the video I posted of it snowing and then I unlock go to messages scroll with no jitteriness?

I guess not. It clearly shows I read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by robertmoore208 View Post
    can anyone share some personal preferences for a clock with weather, or just weather widgets .. any help would be appreciated . Also I saw that June had a animated weather in the theme but alas I cant find it, shrugs
    First post is tutorials to just about everything you can do in LockBuilder
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-14 at 03:24 AM.

I understand that it's not a "flip of a switch" but Yahoo is really one of the worst weather services thus it has nothing to do with " pleasing everyone " it has to do with showing the most accurate information for everyone, instead of a select few.

I understand that it's not a "flip of a switch" but Yahoo is really one of the worst weather services thus it has nothing to do with " pleasing everyone " it has to do with showing the most accurate information for everyone, instead of a select few.
    Yet almost every single weather widget is made with yahoo. Look at them

Even Apply uses Yahoo bro. Pull down your NC and look. Just because it doesn't pull your location in the woods, doesn't mean they are the worst service.

Yeah, and that's why I don't use Apples Stock weather because it's horrible. And every weather I've used has accuweather or weather.com WITH the option of using Yahoo instead. It's currently heavy snow, with Atleast 2 inches of snow in the last hour, and yahoo says " cloudy ". Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    If someone is willing to pay me for another full hour week of straight coding about 12hrs a day I will implement weather.com.
    I hear that, brutha!!
    If you think I can just flip a switch you're wrong. Accuweather is the worst service you can ever choose, and swore I would never use it in a widget ever again. So that is completely out of the question.
    With that being said I made a custom code with weather.com what did people want? Yahoo. So now I use yahoo and people want something else. There is no pleasing everyone sorry.
    You're right there too. There is NO pleasing everyone. But as I've read every single post of your thread here and your others I haven't seen a mass flood asking for Yahoo -- maybe in combo with your Twitter and your emails you've concluded that - all good. But it's interesting the two most liked services and deemed accurate by most I've read here these last couple years (Yahoo in Weather.app that WidgetWeather uses and Accuweather.com), you have reasons you aren't interested in using them when all other developers have found them just fine and reliable for the masses.

But again - you're the dev - your call. I can't speak about Weather.com except to say it seemed to report well for me when I use your ConceptLS. And miWeather I think it's weather.com too? Correct me if I'm wrong. You have to make these calls. I respect that. But 'return' business is important for a guy in your world. I think your sales will go through the ROOF - when you finally use GPS. To me - WOEID-only is very 2011. But you have your reasons for not implementing it.
    Grant did you even care to watch the video I posted of it snowing and then I unlock go to messages scroll with no jitteriness?
    I guess not. It clearly shows I read your post.
    I watched it beginning to end, bro. Thanks. You're always very responsive to us - but you didn't do the only tests I asked you to do in my post - send a text and watch what the text bubble render does -or- show a loading screen into and out of an app. That's where all the jitter is very noticeable when running high animation (rain/snow) in LH3/LockBuilder. When I didn't see those in the video - that's why I thought you hadn't read all my post.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-14 at 03:47 AM.

Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast