Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 670

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: miWeather for GroovyLock

  1. #601
    How can I remove the weather description under the date/time?

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by rbern3 View Post
    How can I remove the weather description under the date/time?
    var/mobile/library/groovylock/weather/css

    #DescToday{
    display:none;

    }

  3. #603
    Default Weather Description
    That removes the weather condition above the temperature , but not the weather condition under the main time / date on the top of the screen=(

  4. #604

  5. #605
    That removed the weather condition on the bottom left as well, but not the weather description on the top

  6. #606

  7. #607
    My iPhone is a Part of Me sju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 201 Times in 153 Posts

    got it to work, looks just like i want it.
    have translateded it to danish, just one thing i cant translate.
    in the boutom of the lockscreen "Wind" in danish it is called "Vind" were do i change the W to V

  8. #608
    Default Clock
    Raininfo worked to remove the description=). Is there a way to remove my location and the clock as well? I intend on buying your LockBuilder tweak, but until I can I would like to use this GroovyLoc, with a different clock.

  9. #609
    June, do u have any iWidget themes similar to miweather? I like your code. It's much more accurate than yahoo

    In fact that's an understatement as I'm here on the east coast with TONS of snowfall and all the other lock weather themes and iWidget themes keep saying 'cloudy'! Even the stock iPhone app. Something is wrong with yahoo.

    Your miweather theme is the only one that's showing the accurate weather outside

    Is anyone else experiencing this with other yahoo widgets?

    Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    got it to work, looks just like i want it.
    have translateded it to danish, just one thing i cant translate.
    in the boutom of the lockscreen "Wind" in danish it is called "Vind" were do i change the W to V
    You have to go to miweather/weather/js/weather.js

    And then search for this exactly: wind:

    It will be in quotesImageUploadedByModMyi1392282666.505935.jpg

    Just change the w to a v

    Quote Originally Posted by rbern3 View Post
    Raininfo worked to remove the description=). Is there a way to remove my location and the clock as well? I intend on buying your LockBuilder tweak, but until I can I would like to use this GroovyLoc, with a different clock.
    If you go into weather.css, you'll see #City just add display:none; and it will delete your city.

    For the clock, you have to go to weather.js and find this line:

    var ShowClock="no"; // set to no if you want to use stock clock

    And change it to no like that
    Last edited by mejemaka; 2014-02-13 at 10:16 AM.

  10. #610

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to winterboard_lover For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2014-02-14)

  12. #611
    My iPhone is a Part of Me sju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 201 Times in 153 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mejemaka View Post
    June, do u have any iWidget themes similar to miweather? I like your code. It's much more accurate than yahoo

    In fact that's an understatement as I'm here on the east coast with TONS of snowfall and all the other lock weather themes and iWidget themes keep saying 'cloudy'! Even the stock iPhone app. Something is wrong with yahoo.

    Your miweather theme is the only one that's showing the accurate weather outside

    Is anyone else experiencing this with other yahoo widgets?



    You have to go to miweather/weather/js/weather.js

    And then search for this exactly: wind:

    It will be in quotesImageUploadedByModMyi1392282666.505935.jpg

    Just change the w to a v



    If you go into weather.css, you'll see #City just add display:none; and it will delete your city.

    For the clock, you have to go to weather.js and find this line:

    var ShowClock="no"; // set to no if you want to use stock clock

    And change it to no like that
    thanks for the tip on the W/V it is all fine now.
    just need one thing on this lockscreen theme, gps changing location

  13. #612
    Hi, when I change the the units from Fahrenheit to Celsius everything changes accordingly except the description which always tells me the temperature in Fahrenheit "with teampratures steady in the mid 30s".

  14. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by dru2dble08 View Post
    Hi, when I change the the units from Fahrenheit to Celsius everything changes accordingly except the description which always tells me the temperature in Fahrenheit "with teampratures steady in the mid 30s".
    The description is configured on Weather.com's server. I cannot change it. This is why it always says fahrenheit

    Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    thanks for the tip on the W/V it is all fine now.
    just need one thing on this lockscreen theme, gps changing location
    I cannot justify adding it with only a handful of people wanting it. Sorry. There are tons of modders here that swear by it, might ask them.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejemaka View Post
    June, do u have any iWidget themes similar to miweather? I like your code. It's much more accurate than yahoo

    Yes there is one. It's an 1nspire iWidget. Pictured below. All other are yahoo sorry.

    Even after people said they preferred Yahoo I made my last lockscreen with Yahoo. Now complaint of it not being accurate No win

    ImageUploadedByModMyi1392348001.776234.jpg
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-14 at 04:38 AM.

  15. #614
    Hello June'siPhone,

    1. It just occurred to me, if there's a way to pull Yahoo weather app wallpapers (which are brilliantly location specific) rather than use the templates that would be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I know every time you wake your phone the tweak 'fetches' weather info might as well get a wallpaper.. is that even possible?

    2. Which brings me.. every time I'm in an elevator or underground and wake my phone up, its black! Obviously because its not able to fetch. Is there a way to make it then just give conditions of the last time it retrieved data? Is that what hold in LS memory is for?

  16. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by ffarouki View Post
    Hello June'siPhone,

    1. It just occurred to me, if there's a way to pull Yahoo weather app wallpapers (which are brilliantly location specific) rather than use the templates that would be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I know every time you wake your phone the tweak 'fetches' weather info might as well get a wallpaper.. is that even possible?

    2. Which brings me.. every time I'm in an elevator or underground and wake my phone up, its black! Obviously because its not able to fetch. Is there a way to make it then just give conditions of the last time it retrieved data? Is that what hold in LS memory is for?
    Need more info before I can say I can or can't pull these images. I've actually copied yahoo's xml and put it on my server. You can view it here. I don't see any wallpapers that can be pulled. This also uses weather.com and not yahoo.

    Yahoo! Weather - Southaven, MS < yahoo xml/rss

    As far as the location deal, I will not be cacheing location or the weather, must have internet sorry.

  17. #616
    I think, but I am not sure, that Yahoo! pulls off images from flicker tagged with the cities name and just adds their weather on top of it. For example, to provide weather images of Jordan, UAE, UK it shows images on flickr tagged #Amman #Dubai #London etc.

    The good thing is that they're basically unlimited and often show gorgeous backgrounds.. the not so good is that they don't necessarily coincide with weather conditions, i.e rain/snow/dust etc But neither do the ones provided as far as I could tell.

  18. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by ffarouki View Post
    I think, but I am not sure, that Yahoo! pulls off images from flicker tagged with the cities name and just adds their weather on top of it. For example, to provide weather images of Jordan, UAE, UK it shows images on flickr tagged #Amman #Dubai #London etc.

    The good thing is that they're basically unlimited and often show gorgeous backgrounds.. the not so good is that they don't necessarily coincide with weather conditions, i.e rain/snow/dust etc But neither do the ones provided as far as I could tell.
    The ones provide do pertain to the weather conditions. If you look at line <yweather:condition text="Mostly Cloudy n" code="10" temp="28" date="Thu, 13 Feb 2014 3:06 am CST"/>

    We use code 10 to classify what weather image is, not the condition itself. I see what your saying, but think it isn't applicable. If you can find a way to do a search from html on a hash tag let me know. You have to think we are working off a local directory and not a server. Also the images that show are cached for faster loading, if you always pulled a new image one would be cached, but never used again. I will look into it, but don't see it possible right now.

    To further explain here is yahoo's current background for Southaven MS
    http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/O7...0835e823_k.jpg

    There is nothing to hook into to pull this image.

    I do weather.com's radar as such
    http://image.weather.com/web/radar/u...day_600_en.jpg

    Which has a constant image that is updated. From http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...name=undefined
    Afraid Yahoo's api isn't available for the public, if it was then we could easily.

    There is definitely some magic happening here. Which is parsed on there server.


    Once again not saying its impossible, but ive thought about doing this many times. Never worked out though. You can create your own rss feeds with Yahoo Pipes. Still run into the issue of consistency and the lack to search from standard html on things such as hash tags.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-14 at 04:01 PM.

  19. #618
    Just wanted to drop by and say I love miweather. No complaints or requests.

    -2014-02-14-15.10.52.png

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to spqrguymontag For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2014-02-15)

  21. #619
    After running UniAW flawlessly for weeks (cydget version) I wanted to give this a try. Unfortunately it crashes into safemode as soon as I get a notification. Worse even, after I switched back to uniAW it STILL crashes on notifications. I tried reinstalling cydgets and uninstalling miWeather but nothing helps. Any idea what has gone wrong?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2014-02-18)

  23. #620
    This is GroovyLock, which is a lot different than cydgets. I dunno how to solve GroovyLock Crashes to be honest. Some have them, some don't. I personally do not, and I have people who run GroovyLock miWeather regularly as well, that do not.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •