Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 0bscure 7 is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Francotone View Post
    Any chance the new icons will be repackaged into 0bscure 7? Or will we have to manually change all the icons from now on?...
    I don't think so, the only way it could be on Cydia is if I or a user submits it as "Icon pack for 0bscure 7".

PS: some of the icons have wrong resolution, it should 120x120 or 114x114 if the app wasn't updated for iOS 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Maupie010 View Post
    I replaced the following icons to get the right results:

BBM
    [email protected]
    -----------------
    clash of clans
    Icon-120.png

Everytime I replaced the icons, I made a backup of the original icons (just in case) and then deleted the directory con.apple.iconscache in var/mobile/library/caches and then rebooted my iPhone 5. I will update this post everytime I replaced the right icon. Maybe there are more people that have profit with this information.

Gr. Maupie
    For the information of all... You do not need to 'replace' any icons in var/mobile/applications. You can just make the matching folder in Library/Themes/0bscure 7.theme
    Then your original icons stay in tact in case anything happens.

Also you don't have to clear cache and reboot. You can just launch winterboard, turn summerboard on and back off and hit respring. Clears cache for you way easier.
    Last edited by orangefreddie; 2014-01-17 at 09:18 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

TheStudent (2014-01-17)

Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    TheStudent has indicated in his opening post that more icons will be added to the theme.
    Exactly!
    You guys should that I received (and still receiving) hundreds* of emails, most of them are requests and I will add the most requested first, and then the others.

*Not at all kidding when I say hundreds

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheStudent For This Useful Post:

hristi (2014-01-18)

Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    For the information of all... You do not need to 'replace' any icons in var/mobile/applications. You can just make the matching folder in Library/Themes/0bscure 7.theme
    Then your original icons stay in tact in case anything happens.

Also you don't have to clear cache and reboot. You can just launch winterboard, turn summerboard on and back off and hit respring. Clears cache for you way easier.
    thank you very much for your answer. This is very useful for me. I am totally new with this, so I had to figure this out. I Will replace the icons with the original files and do it your way.

Is there anything you can tell me how to figure out which icon I need to "replace". For example, I have Runkeeper, but I almost changed every icon file but without any result. Is there a way to figure out witch icon-file I need to replace?

Quote Originally Posted by Maupie010 View Post
    thank you very much for your answer. This is very useful for me. I am totally new with this, so I had to figure this out. I Will replace the icons with the original files and do it your way.

Is there anything you can tell me how to figure out which icon I need to "replace". For example, I have Runkeeper, but I almost changed every icon file but without any result. Is there a way to figure out witch icon-file I need to replace?
    This is the most complex part of customizing your theme. (determining the icon name that the file must be) unfortunately there is no 'easy way' to do this. You can try the icon names in AppInfo First, then check the info.plist file in var/mobile applications/xxxxxxxxxx/name of app.app for primary icons, and if still not working manually scroll through the same .app file to try and determine which .png's are for the icon.

Thanx for the reply. With your information, I could replace a lot of my icons
    In the App Icon Request I placed some locations and filenames of the icons. Maybe for the people that are searching for the right folder and or png file.

Gr.
    Maupie

Also if you're using appinfo you can always go down and click open with ifile it takes you directly to the app folder, makes things easier and faster.

More Icons:

AMEX, Angry Birds, AppShopper, Catan, Mickey Hooks, Mickey Shorts, Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies 2, Where's My Water 2, Where's My Water
    Last edited by orangefreddie; 2014-01-18 at 06:01 PM.

Another Batch:

Action Movie, Discovr Apps, FatBooth, Group Shot, LiquiPad, Night Cap, Ringtone Designer, StacheBooth, Swordigo

I know that the folder sets are a bit different in iPads, but are there any hopes of getting this themed for a Mini Retina?

Updated - and love that my phone is looking more complete! Keep up the great work!

I know you have a life outside of this theme, but is there an ETA on more icons? Thanks in advance...

i must say, simple but very beautiful. 5thumbs up to this theme. will definetly pay for it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iDuffy For This Useful Post:

TheStudent (2014-01-22)

Awesome theme. Cant wait for a full UI in the future
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following User Says Thank You to king.haro For This Useful Post:

TheStudent (2014-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by king.haro View Post
    Awesome theme. Cant wait for a full UI in the future
    I second that request!!!

Thanks for the 170+ new icons... and for fixing a few of the trouble makers like Shazam and Audible. Great work.

Just a heads up for people making custom icons... Your custom icon will change to the one made by TheStudent when you update (if they were included in his update).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

TheStudent (2014-01-23)

Thanks
    Can't wait until you add iOS 6 compatibility

I loved 0bscure. Definitely looking forward to 0bscure7!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MajesticHF For This Useful Post:

TheStudent (2014-01-23)

Answer1o1: Can you please share your BofA icon - and maybe any others that weren't included in the update? Thank you!

Love this theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Love this theme.
    Please share you weather widget it matches perfect.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast