Page 56 of 162 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3240

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphonemandan View Post
    Yep
    Yes, Matt is aware of this bug. It only happens with certain widgets. Dacal even tried to change things on his end, thinking it might be something in the code but no luck.

Matt has been focused on fixing the major bugs for public release, which should be soon. But he is aware of this issue. Glad we r all on the same page now. Noob out!
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-04-21 at 02:47 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22), NewD (2014-04-21), RKO1195 (2014-04-23), Simon (2014-04-21)

May or may not have already been mentioned, buy Ryan Petrich's Smart Close only works on occasion with Convergance installed. I love being able to use a simple activator gesture to close all my apps.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

Why do you need to close all your apps?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Why do you need to close all your apps?
    Ryan's Smart Close tweak doesn't close all your apps, it just instantly puts them in a deep freeze state. Some apps take a few minutes to stop running, this tweak instantly puts them in that state to save battery life. It's pretty cool.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (2014-04-21)

I like to keep things neat. Not sure why the reason I want to is relevant. That the conflict exists, is. Is it a big deal? Of course not, but it is a conflict.

Smart Close definitely saves battery.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

Yep
    I have had this "spontaneous crash" once yesterday and once today so using Crash Reporter from Cydia I sent Matt both logs. So I know what you're talking about, good clarification though. All is good Matt has been fantastic from the onset of Convergence at attacking and eliminating these small nuisances.

I myself have never used Smart Close, I am in the habit of closing many of my apps but I'm also under the premise that closing apps that just going to restart actually wastes more battery that it saves. But everyone has their preferences

Lightning quick Matt has already gotten back to me regarding my two spontaneous crashes and it seems it's Bitesms causing mine.
    Last edited by Mav1971; 2014-04-21 at 05:38 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    ... I am in the habit of closing many of my apps but I'm also under the premise that closing apps that just going to restart actually wastes more battery that it saves. But everyone has their preferences
    Wanting all apps closed is a 'no-longer-founded' fear leftover from iOS 4 days - a fear of using too much RAM. I too have had this "preference" in the past - but after painstaking testing this last year have broken my fear and seen Apple's RAM dynamic allocation action to do its job really well. So RAM I'm not worried about unless a tweak causes a bad ram leak like iconOmatic ( I don't care how much their dev claims it's not there - it is)..

BUT I AM very concerned about battery life. And when Krima mentioned SmartClose the other day for the first time - I was skeptical (even though pretty much every cool new tweak I've ever added to my phone I've first heard about from Krima {or King} ;-) ) I can say that SmartClose has been a hugely helpful battery saver. It really does what it says it will do. 'Nother nice find, Krima!
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-21 at 05:47 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-04-21)

Prior to Smart Close I'd put my phone on the charger at bed time at around 10%. It's up to 25% with Smart Close. That means those days that I came home from work and had to charge the phone no longer exist with that tweak. I'll trust what guys like NewD say about RAM usage and closing apps, but closing apps is just a preference of mine. On both of my MacBooks, my iPad and my phone. It's been that way for as long as I can remember and won't change. So even if the savings aren't there, I'm still going to be closing apps.

Anyway, it's not a huge conflict, but I'd thought I'd mention it. Anyway else using that tweak notice what I mentioned?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    Prior to Smart Close I'd put my phone on the charger at bed time at around 10%. It's up to 25% with Smart Close. That means those days that I came home from work and had to charge the phone no longer exist with that tweak. I'll trust what guys like NewD say about RAM usage and closing apps, but closing apps is just a preference of mine. On both of my MacBooks, my iPad and my phone. It's been that way for as long as I can remember and won't change. So even if the savings aren't there, I'm still going to be closing apps.
    Yeah.. habits are habits. We start them for good reasons and then, even when those reasons no longer exist, like an old pair of shoes, they've become so comfy that we couldn't ever consider giving them up.. I SO get that. It took a long time for me to break the 'close apps' habit. It was only when I heard that it could use MORE battery to close them all that I considered a 'new habit'. They say a 'new habit' can be formed within 2-3 weeks of constant use. That's what I did.. .. But as you say -each to his own..

Matt, I've been having some random crashes recently. I'm not sure what file you need to figure out the problem. Get back to me. Is it the syslog file?

Yes, the syslog and any crash reports from Crash Reporter that you may have if you have it installed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (2014-04-23)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, the syslog and any crash reports from Crash Reporter that you may have if you have it installed.
    Unfortunately I did not have crash reporter installed, however, after I installed it just now it came up with a whole list of crash reports. Not sure which one I need though. Springboard?

Knock on wood and all of that, but I've had zero crashes in about a week. Fantastic job.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-23)

Thanks

Matt, did the update in Cydia yesterday incorporate the special deb you made for those of us who were randomly crashing a week or so ago?

Unfortunately I did not have crash reporter installed, however, after I installed it just now it came up with a whole list of crash reports. Not sure which one I need though. Springboard?
    Just send them all to him. It doesn't take much to poke through them!

Yep that's it. Is there a solution for this yet? Since it doesn't happen often it's not that big of deal.it's still a bug though.
    It's resolved now

Just need to go in the CSS file of your widget and replace the absolute position for body element with a fixed position.

body {
    position : fixed;
    }

BTW, i have updated the 2.4 link of my Widget Weather LS to include this fix (it's the only change).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxiz4a31jd...v2.4.theme.zip
    Last edited by Dacal; 2014-04-24 at 11:44 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-24), jawonder (2014-04-25), King_O_Hill (2014-04-24), Matchstic (2014-04-24), NewD (2014-04-24)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-25), Dacal (2014-04-24)

Has anyone else else had the issue where when listening to pandora the album art is always one song behind unless to unlock the phone then relock it. It will then display correctly for a song then go back to being one behind. Idk if that is something that can be fixed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    Has anyone else else had the issue where when listening to pandora the album art is always one song behind unless to unlock the phone then relock it. It will then display correctly for a song then go back to being one behind. Idk if that is something that can be fixed or not.
    That's now resolved as of about a few hours ago - the fix will be included within the 1.0 release on the MMi repo tomorrow.

==============================

Sorry I've been a little unresponsive - I have been keeping on eye on the fourm though so if I haven't dropped a comment about your bug, I have taken note of it.

Right now, I'm finalising a new build to send to testers, which includes bug fixes for various issues reported in the past few days. I'll be uploading it as a direct link here for last minute testing if you're wanting to help, and then will be sending it on to MMi

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-25), EricB78 (2014-04-25), King_O_Hill (2014-04-25), originalgoast (2014-04-25), RKO1195 (2014-04-25)

Page 56 of 162 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast