Page 55 of 162 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3240

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Quote Originally Posted by iphonemandan View Post
    Actually, convergence does work with groovylock. You're obviously new to this thread or you would know that groovylock, cydget, and some others are compatable with convergence, as Matt has already cleared and worked out most of the bugs. But thanks for the input anyway. For the most part it works flawlessly anyway, just have this random issue.
    I'm not questioning your expertise here, seeing that you've been a member for a week now. But why would you run GroovyLock with Convergance? This makes no sense to me. You are just using extra resources and yielding absolutely no benefits from it. This tweak will run any widget that has been made for GL, LHTML3 & Cydgets. So please explain to me why you run these together.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (2014-04-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

Krima...a noob...omg I thought I'd pee myself..

Suppose someone should tell this poor guy calling Krima a noob that Matt brought Krima (a significant person in most forums on MMI) during Convergences inception? And has played an integral part in it's development? I know you like to fish them along King but this was just too funny

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22), King_O_Hill (2014-04-21), Krima (2014-04-21), RKO1195 (2014-04-21)

Matt, got a new random problem. I'm running groovylock background and sometimes, not all the time, when I try to swipe up to unlock, the background shifts underneath instead of going to passcode. It doesn't crash, and I can put the groovylock background back in place and try to unlock again with no problem. Really weird. I wish I could show you what's happening but I know it's not normal. Just started doing it too. Random.
    just disable groovylock, go to convergance -> background -> scroll to groovy lock and choose the widget

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryu111 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22), Krima (2014-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm not questioning your expertise here, seeing that you've been a member for a week now. But why would you run GroovyLock with Convergance? This makes no sense to me. You are just using extra resources and yielding absolutely no benefits from it. This tweak will run any widget that has been made for GL, LHTML3 & Cydgets. So please explain to me why you run these together.
    Another question to is why not, since, for the most part it works flawlessly. Like I said the problem is random, I can't even recreate it, it just happens Maybe 2 times in a whole day. The reason I like groovylock is because I like some of its animated background and weather. I like convergence as well. So, since the 2 are supposed to work together, and do so flawlessly most of the time, and it doesn't crash my phone or cause freezes, then there really isn't any reason why I can't.

And people I don't want to start a fight here, so let's not let this get heated ok. Trying to figure out the possible bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ryu111 View Post
    just disable groovylock, go to convergance -> background -> scroll to groovy lock and choose the widget
    Ok I think I understand the problem here, just to clarify, I HAVE GROOVYLOCK DISABLED. I am running the groovylock background through convergence. Hope that clears things up. With this configuration I'm having the problem.
    Last edited by iphonemandan; 2014-04-21 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Though it is indeed laughable that someone would imply Krima is a noob to this thread..... I will just say one thing about what our "real noob", iphoneguy, is trying to say..

There are potentially many more wonderful combinations you can run by using GL and Convergence in combo. GL runs all in the background layer so you can run Ian or MJ's timed walls as a background to MaxPa1n's MPiCandee which then gives you your weather info in the Homescreen Layer - simply by setting Max's LS to have a transparent background layer - which is a setting in his config.sys.. So many more options than running Convergence alone.

So the Convergence "purists" () shouldn't get too hyped that all other systems be left behind since we all like as many options as possible and not all of us are slick enough modders to simply add the timed walls code to a single LS mod that has a static background..

I like this ability with GL and LH3 in combo.. I'm hoping it works same with GL and Conv..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-21 at 01:32 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I'm not trying to fight, I'm just trying to figure out why u r using Groovylock in conjunction with Convergance. U can select any groovlock widget and run it with Convergance.

So, what r u trying to achieve here, what do u think are the benefits? Also, no one is saying u can't, King and I r just trying to figure out why would u want to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22)

Thanks

Edit
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-21 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I'm not trying to fight, I'm just trying to figure out why u r using Groovylock in conjunction with Convergance. U can select any groovlock widget and run it with Convergance.

So, what r u trying to achieve here, what do u think are the benefits? Also, no one is saying u can't, King and I r just trying to figure out why would u want to.
    I think you're still a little confused. I have groovylock disabled and I've selected the groovylock screen in convergence. With this configuration I have the problem. But like I said it's completely random, I can't recreate it. It happens maybe 2 time a day, or 3. For instance I think yesterday it happened 2 times maybe 3 I can't remember. Now compared how many times it happens to how many times I unlock my phone which can be, just to throw out a number, 50-75 times a day. I would say that's pretty random.

Thanks

Bummer.. just tested what I'm currently able to do with GL and LH3 running simultaneously - and it won't work with GL and Convergence. That's a loss for me.. Maybe Matt will consider allowing GL as a chooseable background layer so we can run timed walls behind other info only LS - of which there are many...

The Beauty of GroovyLock is that it ONLY runs a LS.. NO other gadgets to potentially conflict - as Krima was warning.

Just to clarify people, I'm not running the groovylock tweak along side convergence. I'm running it THROUGH convergence.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonemandan For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I think you're still a little confused. I have groovylock disabled and I've selected the groovylock screen in convergence. With this configuration I have the problem. But like I said it's completely random, I can't recreate it. It happens maybe 2 time a day, or 3. For instance I think yesterday it happened 2 times maybe 3 I can't remember. Now compared how many times it happens to how many times I unlock my phone which can be, just to throw out a number, 50-75 times a day. I would say that's pretty random.
    I think the confusion is over you still calling it a groovylock LS. The LS you are running is basically just a HTML widget. Groovylock allows these to be displayed on your lock screen. Convergence does the same thing (and much more) as does lockhtml3. So no need to call it a groovylock background/tweak, it's just a HTML LS that happens to be in the groovylock folder.

So best way to get help would be just say what HTML lockscreen you are trying to run in convergence and what the bug is (you have said the bug part I believe).

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22), NewD (2014-04-21), The.Drifter (2014-04-21)

Thanks

Good point, Simon!!

But I sure hope Matt will consider allowing Groovylock to run in a WebView position "above" iOS Wallpaper but "below" Convergence.. I have several info-only LS' that I like placed over panoramic timed walls ( separate HTML widgets)...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I think the confusion is over you still calling it a groovylock LS. The LS you are running is basically just a HTML widget. Groovylock allows these to be displayed on your lock screen. Convergence does the same thing (and much more) as does lockhtml3. So no need to call it a groovylock background/tweak, it's just a HTML LS that happens to be in the groovylock folder.

So best way to get help would be just say what HTML lockscreen you are trying to run in convergence and what the bug is (you have said the bug part I believe).
    Ok, so basically I've been trying say this just the wrong way. Well sorry for the confusion. So I should say that
    "I am trying to run the groovylock HTML (soaring slideshow) in convergence and get this RANDOM bug that causes the HTML screen to move when I try to swipe up to unlock." ?
    Last edited by iphonemandan; 2014-04-21 at 02:01 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonemandan For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-04-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ok, so basically I've been trying say this just the wrong way. Well sorry for the confusion.
    Yup, just the way you were saying it was a bit confusing. Should be all good now. Sounds like your issue may be a convergence bug and how it handles unlocking and moving the background. I know mine occasionally gets stuck in a "in between" kind of state if I try to go to the camera for example. Normally I just have to swipe it right a bit to put it back in place. Sounds like you may be experiencing a similar issue with the swipe up.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22), NewD (2014-04-21)

Thanks

Ok, so basically I've been trying say this just the wrong way. Well sorry for the confusion.
    If u experience a bug while on the LS, hold down the power button and hit cancel. This will restart Convergance.

Also, the next time this happens, try and take a screenshot. Matt is great about finding and fixing bugs.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-04-21), Simon (2014-04-21)

If u experience a bug while on the LS, hold down the power button and hit cancel. This will restart Convergance.

Also, the next time this happens, try and take a screenshot. Matt is great about finding and fixing bugs.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yup, just the way you were saying it was a bit confusing. Should be all good now. Sounds like your issue may be a convergence bug and how it handles unlocking and moving the background. I know mine occasionally gets stuck in a "in between" kind of state if I try to go to the camera for example. Normally I just have to swipe it right a bit to put it back in place. Sounds like you may be experiencing a similar issue with the swipe up.
    Sounds kind of like the same thing. The biggest problem is that it's so random that it's hard to pinpoint. If you know what I mean. I'll see if can get a screenshot.
    Last edited by iphonemandan; 2014-04-21 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks

I think I know now what u r talking about. Do u mean this? See how the background is shifted up and u can see my background.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-22), Simon (2014-04-21)

I think I know now what u r talking about. Do u mean this? See how the background is shifted up and u can see my background.
    Yep that's it. Is there a solution for this yet? Since it doesn't happen often it's not that big of deal.it's still a bug though.
    Last edited by iphonemandan; 2014-04-21 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks

I get that bug with Convergence too.. Randomly..

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I get that bug with Convergence too.. Randomly..
    Yep

Page 55 of 162 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast