Page 47 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    All that you are saying i know, i just thought people found a way or a lock method they can use for security and use animated locks without any crashes
    I haven't heard any success stories.
    For example, before 0.3.8 update i was using AndroidLock XT and i could turn off Apple's passcode lock and everything worked fine Touch ID and all no matter even if i used a high animation Lock
    Well that sounds like there's hope for a workaround. Have you communicated to Matt that AndroidLockXT worked prior to Convergence 0.3.8? Sounds like a great option, JA - to use AndroidLock for protection IF it doesn't conflict with the TouchLayer in Convergence.

I hope Matt can work that out - as it's an option people would love to have back again - protecting your phone AND have High Animation LS running.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jawonder (2014-04-16)

Just because you haven't heard it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I'm fairly sure that this has been fixed in his last update. It was in his change log and I know Dacal was testing it.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jawonder (2014-04-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I have Dacals heavy animation lockscreen with passcode and I haven't crashed with latest version. I know Matt has worked hard in getting that resolved. Score one more point for Convergance over the rest. Such a great tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by iPox View Post
    Is this transparent lockscreen or you just took a screenshot of your springboard then photoshoped the Simpson in front of it?
    BTW, it's awesome
    Just a screenshot and Photoshop Homer in... then changed my convergance unlock icon [email protected] to the donut icon. Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-15)

Hey all, sorry I've been a little quiet the past few days, been madly busy with bug fixes.

This is the current changelog for 0.3.9:

6.x-7.x: Fixed wallpaper distortion issues
    6.x-7.x: Fixed unlock animations without passcode
    6.x-7.x: Fixed "Custom icons" option in Advanced
    6.x-7.x: Various small bug fixes
    6.x-7.x: Added support for Flipswitch settings
    6.x-7.x: Separated out InfoStats widget from the main download
    6.x-7.x: Vastly improved Objective-C API for widgets, and in general. Documentation to be written
    6.x: Fixed alphanumeric passcodes
    6.x: Fixed closing camera via Home button
    7.x: Fixed issue that would allow the device to be unlocked without a passcode from notifications
    7.x: Fixed alphanumeric passcode issues
    7.x: Fixed display turning off in camera

I've still got issues to fix with iTunes Radio, and also need to finish off AndroidLockXT support. With that, it'll require an update from Zmaster to function correctly.

I'll be taking a look into blurring the wallpaper under notifications after 0.3.9 hits my repo, which I'm hoping will be tonight dependant on how fast I work.

My current schedule for Convergance is this:

Tonight
    Finish fixing all known bugs
    Send off translations

Tomorrow
    Finish work on last widget
    Collate translations

Of course, this is assuming I'm not hit with a very difficult issue to resolve!

EDIT: Now is the time to report any issues at all if they're not present on this list! Feel free to post them here, or email me them at [email protected]
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-04-15 at 11:31 PM.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-15), DannyZ83 (2014-04-16), J3T (2014-04-16), Jato_BZ (2014-04-17), jawonder (2014-04-16), King_O_Hill (2014-04-16), NewD (2014-04-16), prymeh (2014-04-16), ryu111 (2014-04-16), The.Drifter (2014-04-16)

Love what I'm seeing here. Purchased this after Alexse spoke highly about it. Still waiting for info to download and get started. Thanks for all the work.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-16), prymeh (2014-04-16)

This is a great tweak with expansive margins. Matt is one of the most engaged, personable, and talented Dev out there judging by the way he interacts and welcome innovative ideas. Enjoy the tweak bro!
    Mors Ab Alto

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prymeh For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-16), dmick89 (2014-04-16), Jato_BZ (2014-04-17), Matchstic (2014-04-16)

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    Love what I'm seeing here. Purchased this after Alexse spoke highly about it. Still waiting for info to download and get started. Thanks for all the work.
    Let me know if it takes a while to come through - it might have failed to be processed this end.

================================================== =======

We just almost had a disaster on our hands - one of the main files of Convergance was lost during saving. Thankfully, I've been able to retreive a backup of it form 0.3.8, but this has set me back a couple of hours.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-16), dmick89 (2014-04-16), King_O_Hill (2014-04-16), orangefreddie (2014-04-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Let me know if it takes a while to come through - it might have failed to be processed this end.

We just almost had a disaster on our hands - one of the main files of Convergance was lost during saving. Thankfully, I've been able to retreive a backup of it form 0.3.8, but this has set me back a couple of hours.
    I still haven't gotten it and it sounds like you have your hands full. I'm in no hurry. Wouldn't have much time to play around tonight anyway. Thanks for getting back with me. Much appreciated.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-16)

We're back on track! 0.3.9 is currently with testers, and dependant on their feedback will get it pushed to the repo. My plan of action for today is as so:

- Send out translations
    - Exam revision

(6.00pm onwards)

- Finish up on the three minor bugs reported by testers
    - Complete all images for toggles
    - Complete RSS widget rewrite
    - Collate translations, and slightly redesign fullscreen alerts

Unfortunately, in yesterday's near disaster I lost all progress for AndroidLockXT. Therefore, I'll have to add it in after submitting to Cydia.
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-04-16 at 12:37 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-16), DannyZ83 (2014-04-16), jawonder (2014-04-16), King_O_Hill (2014-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just because you haven't heard it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
    Of course. Never implied otherwise. That's why I was careful to say "haven't heard".
    I'm fairly sure that this has been fixed in his last update. It was in his change log and I know Dacal was testing it.
    Fixed what? The misalignment with AndroidXT lock? If so - cool! Would be nice to have a code lock solution that works with high animation..

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I have Dacals heavy animation lockscreen with passcode and I haven't crashed with latest version. I know Matt has worked hard in getting that resolved. Score one more point for Convergance over the rest. Such a great tweak.
    Agreed!!! But the WebView bug can't be fixed - even by our finest devs. It can only be mitigated by the user choosing to run less animation (animations that are gifs as opposed to WebKit-based - as I think some of Dacal's are in his new stuff borrowed from Apple animations) or by separating animations into background layer... like Cydgets does.

Convergence does indeed get after as much as possible and I'm impressed with it!!.. But place UniAW6.4LS into demo mode and set it to thunderstorm - choose it in Convergence and turn on Apple Passcode Lock. You'll still crash 'cause WebKit-based animations are running in HomeScreen Layer.

The newer Apple animations that Dacal is using for some elements aren't based in WebKit and run less resource intensive. So a lot of factors here.

My only point being - only a LS player that allows for separating Homescreen Layer and Background Layer (as Cydgets currently does) and a LS that's written the animations into Background layer will be reasonably immune from the crashing caused by the frickin' WebView bug when Passcode lock is on. Or using a LS with non-WebKit-based animations - as I'm pretty sure Dacal's newest is.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-16 at 02:14 PM.

I still haven't gotten an email with a repo link or anything.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

This have been discussed before, but it was fixed? I'm still having problems that sometimes my Touch ID unlock doesn't works.
    And the other bug is that i can't pull control center sometimes, and when that happen, i have to respring to work again.

If someone knows what tweak is causing that, i'ld be appreciated.

Thanks!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iPox For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-04-16)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Of course. Never implied otherwise. That's why I was careful to say "haven't heard".
    Fixed what? The misalignment with AndroidXT lock? If so - cool! Would be nice to have a code lock solution that works with high animation..

Agreed!!! But the WebView bug can't be fixed - even by our finest devs. It can only be mitigated by the user choosing to run less animation (animations that are gifs as opposed to WebKit-based - as I think some of Dacal's are in his new stuff borrowed from Apple animations) or by separating animations into background layer... like Cydgets does.

Convergence does indeed get after as much as possible and I'm impressed with it!!.. But place UniAW6.4LS into demo mode and set it to thunderstorm - choose it in Convergence and turn on Apple Passcode Lock. You'll still crash 'cause WebKit-based animations are running in HomeScreen Layer.

The newer Apple animations that Dacal is using for some elements aren't based in WebKit and run less resource intensive. So a lot of factors here.

My only point being - only a LS player that allows for separating Homescreen Layer and Background Layer (as Cydgets currently does) and a LS that's written the animations into Background layer will be reasonably immune from the crashing caused by the frickin' WebView bug when Passcode lock is on. Or using a LS with non-WebKit-based animations - as I'm pretty sure Dacal's newest is.
    I'm not wanting to be the one to pull you up on your research, but I'm not sure that's quite true with what you say about the layers. Of course, I may be wrong, but my understanding is that by having multiple layers wouldn't make much of a difference, and in fact could make things worse.

To display HTML on the lockscreen, I use Apple's UIWebView, which when loaded up with HTML will lead to moderate RAM usage. By having two of these to display two layers, one with heavy animations, and the other with none, you're going to increasing RAM usage further by having that second UIWebView. Looking at the source code of Cydgets, from what I can see Saurik doesn't set to use accelerated rendering in WebPreferences, whereas I do. I beleive that by setting this allows the use of Safari's Nitro engine, and I've seen much better responsiveness on my iPhone 4 with that enabled. Therefore, I'm assuming by enabling this, it leads to the WebView crash, as with it enabled, more RAM is consumed, so SpringBoard will use too much memory and will be killed.

Within Convergance, when I render the background layer of a Cydget, I always ensure that this setting is disabled. Therefore, if you were to load a Cydget with all animations in the background to Convergance, it would be as stable as it is in Cydgets. As a result, when 0.3.9 or 0.4 goes live on my repo, I'll send a test build without this enabled to those whom would like to test to see if this is the case. If it is the cause, I'll add an option into the Advanced HTML settings to disable the use of Nitro.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-16), DannyZ83 (2014-04-16), King_O_Hill (2014-04-16), NewD (2014-04-16), prymeh (2014-04-16)

Thanks

I'm not wanting to be the one to pull you up on your research, but I'm not sure that's quite true with what you say about the layers. Of course, I may be wrong, but my understanding is that by having multiple layers wouldn't make much of a difference, and in fact could make things worse.

To display HTML on the lockscreen, I use Apple's UIWebView, which when loaded up with HTML will lead to moderate RAM usage. By having two of these to display two layers, one with heavy animations, and the other with none, you're going to increasing RAM usage further by having that second UIWebView. Looking at the source code of Cydgets, from what I can see Saurik doesn't set to use accelerated rendering in WebPreferences, whereas I do. I beleive that by setting this allows the use of Safari's Nitro engine, and I've seen much better responsiveness on my iPhone 4 with that enabled. Therefore, I'm assuming by enabling this, it leads to the WebView crash, as with it enabled, more RAM is consumed, so SpringBoard will use too much memory and will be killed.

Within Convergance, when I render the background layer of a Cydget, I always ensure that this setting is disabled. Therefore, if you were to load a Cydget with all animations in the background to Convergance, it would be as stable as it is in Cydgets. As a result, when 0.3.9 or 0.4 goes live on my repo, I'll send a test build without this enabled to those whom would like to test to see if this is the case. If it is the cause, I'll add an option into the Advanced HTML settings to disable the use of Nitro.
    Excellent schooling of me, Matt. Thanks!! Not sure if you understood that all of what I said was in context of the passcode lock being on. With Passcode lock off - I have zero crashing of any kind in GroovyLock, LockHTML3, Cydgets or Convergence REGARDLESS of level of animation or what layer it's playing in. The WebView bug in 7.0.x only rears its ugly head with ApplePasscode lock on. Even Convergence running a high animation LS with Passcode Lock on will crash my phone. Done many tests - very reproducible problem. But one, I don't think, you can fix. Unless you're using techniques the other devs have not employed. The current version of Convergence I have crashes all the time with PasscodeLock On and High Animation (WebKit based). Just run UniAW6.4 from PAge 1 of the UniAW 6.4 thread - in demo mode with Thunderstorm set as the weather condition, while your ApplePasscode Lock is enabled - and you'll be able to reproduce the crashing yourself, bro.

Excellent schooling of me, Matt. Thanks!! Not sure if you understood that all of what I said was in context of the passcode lock being on. With Passcode lock off - I have zero crashing of any kind in GroovyLock, LockHTML3, Cydgets or Convergence REGARDLESS of level of animation or what layer it's playing in. The WebView bug in 7.0.x only rears its ugly head with ApplePasscode lock on. Even Convergence running a high animation LS with Passcode Lock on will crash my phone. Done many tests - very reproducible problem. But one, I don't think, you can fix. Unless you're using techniques the other devs have not employed. The current version of Convergence I have crashes all the time with PasscodeLock On and High Animation (WebKit based). Just run UniAW6.4 from PAge 1 of the UniAW 6.4 thread - in demo mode with Thunderstorm set as the weather condition, while your ApplePasscode Lock is enabled - and you'll be able to reproduce the crashing yourself, bro.
    Ah, no I didn't interpret it all in the context of the passcode being on! I've done some testing this end (also, thanks krima for the crash reports) and it appears a SIGBUS message is being sent to SpringBoard when this crash occurs, and as you say, it's very reproducible. It's going to bug me (pun fully intentional!) that this is an issue, so I will be taking a deeper look at some point anyway. Perhaps WebKit can be hooked in a way that prevents this from happening.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-17), DannyZ83 (2014-04-16), jawonder (2014-04-17), King_O_Hill (2014-04-16)

Thanks

....and as you say, it's very reproducible. It's going to bug me (pun fully intentional!) that this is an issue, so I will be taking a deeper look at some point anyway. Perhaps WebKit can be hooked in a way that prevents this from happening.
    Glad it "bugs" you, bro! .. It's "bugged" all of us that love animated locks and need our Passcode Lock for our work Exchange Mail.. Such a frustration since 7.0.x's JB came out.. ..

Thanks for digging deeper, bro!! I will say, being on their beta teams, that both Ryan (LockHTML3) and Jake (GroovyLock) have tried different hooking techniques to no avail.. .. But hey.. Maybe you'll "crack the case"!

Thanks for trying, Matt!! And for all Convergence is right now!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-17), Matchstic (2014-04-16)

Matt,

Know you're working hard but had a quick question. Is there any way to modify the date and time fonts and so forth. If so,how? Ive looked all over the theme folder in ifile and can't figure it out. Thanks.

Dan
    Last edited by iphonemandan; 2014-04-16 at 10:43 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Glad it "bugs" you, bro! .. It's "bugged" all of us that love animated locks and need our Passcode Lock for our work Exchange Mail.. Such a frustration since 7.0.x's JB came out.. ..

Thanks for digging deeper, bro!! I will say, being on their beta teams, that both Ryan (LockHTML3) and Jake (GroovyLock) have tried different hooking techniques to no avail.. .. But hey.. Maybe you'll "crack the case"!

Thanks for trying, Matt!! And for all Convergence is right now!
    No worries! I'll be trying my hardest to at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonemandan View Post
    Matt,

Know you're working hard but had a quick question. Is there any way to modify the date and time fonts and so forth. If so,how? Ive looked all over the theme folder in ifile and can't figure it out. Thanks.

Dan
    The date and time fonts are both your system font, so if you use BytaFont to change your system font, that'll also change the font of them both!

=========================

I'm now working on the last widget for Convergance, which is the RSS widget. After that's done, I'll be pushing another new build to internal testers, and after that I'm aiming to have a new build live on my repo at midnight GMT. I'll then be writing the depicition for Cydia, and getting it sent off to the ModMyi repo!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-17), DannyZ83 (2014-04-16), King_O_Hill (2014-04-17)

Maybe i'm the only one but these two minor things "bug" me.
    First the leading "0" in the time. Maybe Just keep that if in 24hr but drop it if in 12hr time? Maybe an option for am or pm being shown?
    Second is the format of date. In the U.S. its commonly Weekday, Month Date instead of Weekday Date Month. Maybe add an option for either one?
    Neither of these are a big deal but would be nice if added at some point

Page 47 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast