Page 39 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Getting crashes on phone calls again. Haven't had that in a very long time. I just uninstalled flipswitch. I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. See if convergence stays stable without flipswitch loaded. I had my phone exactly the way I wanted it and crash-free prior to loading on Convergence and Flipswitch. Can't go back to any crashing. Hopefully it's just flipswitch that's causing the problem. I have a couple other toggling tweaks loaded so I won't need that from convergence itself.
    Do you have LockHtml3? That would send me into safemode anytime I received calls and then got a notification. Bushe said he would look into it but nothing yet

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    Do you have LockHtml3? That would send me into safemode anytime I received calls and then got a notification. Bushe said he would look into it but nothing yet
    I've had LockHTML3 for a very long time. Never gave me a phone call safemode crash ever. It's not LockHTML3.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

I haven't had a safe mode phone crash since I turned Cydget LockHTML3 and Groovylock off in Mobile substrate and only ran Convergence

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    I haven't had a safe mode phone crash since I turned Cydget LockHTML3 and Groovylock off in Mobile substrate and only ran Convergence
    Same here Mav. For a tweak that takes over the LS completely, it is relatively stable. I don't get any crashes from Convergance and I'm running flipswitch.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01)

Thanks

I've had Cydget, LH3 and GroovyLock all working perfectly and even on top of each other for 45 days with zero crashing. Only new variable Convergence + Flipswitch.

Thanks

I'm not doubting your įrash, just saying I don't have them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I'm not doubting your įrash, just saying I don't have them.
    Yeah, I hear you, bro. And we each have such diverse tweak combos. Some are bound not to play well with each other.. Just like Cydgets has always been crashey for you but not for the vast majority of users - Flipswitch has been crashey in my combination of tweaks (that are my must-haves). And yet I hear very few reports about Flipswitch problems for others.

Most of the disparate reports I hear about crash issues are between 32 and 64bit phones.. That being the main difference. Most of our devs are still developing on 32 bit devices. I hope their beta group contains 5S testers..

Convergence is really nice.. But it can't currently do what I can with GroovyLock running walls in the Background Layer while I run a 2nd weather info-only LS in LH3's Homepage Layer. Love that ability.

I have Flipswitch off now - but haven't gotten a call yet to confirm if it is Flipswitch introduced into the equation that accounts for my new crashing. If it still crashes on received phone call then I'll try turning off LH3, GL and Cydgets. If that stops the crashing then I'll need to decide between Convergence or the other 3 as it would be clear they don't play nicely together..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-01 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks

Good luck Grant, I guess in my mind it's clear cut. The way Matt is developing Convergence can only improve, so the other 3 will stay off for me. I'll be interested in following your findings you are a very thorough researcher and many of us who don't have the time we wish we had appreciate your efforts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-04-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Good luck Grant, I guess in my mind it's clear cut. The way Matt is developing Convergence can only improve, so the other 3 will stay off for me. I'll be interested in following your findings you are a very thorough researcher and many of us who don't have the time we wish we had appreciate your efforts.
    Thanks, Mav. Yeah I just can't have anything on my phone that introduces crashing. For me Convergence has introduced crashing that I didn't have before it was there. I've been crash free on two phone calls now with its mobile substrate off - so that proves that the presence of Convergence "creates the environment along with my other tweaks in which" the crashing happens on phone calls. Please notice I didn't say "causing the crashing". Because it's a unique combination of all of our tweaks that keeps us safe from crashing or causes crashing. It's what this whole jailbreak on iOS 7 has been like. Most disparate crashing results between users of any iOS I've ever jailbroken since 3. It must be enormously frustrating for the devs.

If Matt can get Convergence/Flipswitch to run smoothly with the other three players loaded then I will lean on it more. I really love the upward swipe motion to unlock in Convergence. But I don't like its slow load time seeing your other wallpaper in the background before your Lockscreen appears. For me it's slower then Cydgets. There aren't enough Cydgets I like to make me want to use a different tweak that runs them too.

For me LH3 still mimics winterboard's lockscreen appearance time and feel the best of all the LS players. And it's completely crash free on my phone. So that's where I'm going to stay for the time being. But I can very much recommend Convergence as it's a beautifully written tweak.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-01 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks

@NewD. Cydget may initially load the cydgets quicker but it has to reload everytime your phone comes on. So what I love about Convergance over Cydget is that when my phone is off and I get a text message or any notification, my cydget is there and doesn't reload. That is what I mean by performing better. I know it's not a performance benefit, it's a design benefit. Why anyone would want to see their widget load every damn time is beyond me. Plus, I don't always leave my LS when I get a notification. It's just a smoothe and more aesthetically pleasing experience.

Matt is always looking into performance too. What we have with WB and Cydget is most likely all we r gonna get because it works.

Also, have u sent Matt your crash and sys logs? If not then why haven't u? It doesn't help Matt to hear about a crash without any data. Last night Matt pushed out 3 builds of his tweak due to sending him my reports. U should do the same.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-04-01)

Thanks

@NewD. Cydget may initially load the cydgets quicker but it has to reload every time your phone comes on. So what I love about Convergance over Cydget is that when my phone is off and I get a text message or any notification, my cydget is there and doesn't reload. That is what I mean by performing better. I know it's not a performance benefit, it's a design benefit. Why anyone would want to see their widget load every damn time is beyond me. Plus, I don't always leave my LS when I get a notification. It's just a smooth and more aesthetically pleasing experience.
    Oh, I ENTIRELY agree with you, Krima, with regard to Cydgets versus Convergence running the same Cydgets. You and I have always been of one mind with the limitations of Cydgets, 'performance' and 'design'-wise. My only design issue with Convergence is what Matt has termed 'a feature' with the slower fade in that moves through your stock wallpaper. That's not my favorite - and neither GL or LH3 have that particular 'extra time added' before you see your LS. In LH3 and GL your LS is always right there and not disturbed by notifications either.. If there's some switch I can set to make the appearance of my LS immediate in Convergence - let me know..

Matt is always looking into performance too. What we have with WB and Cydget is most likely all we r gonna get because it works.
    Most people look to WB as the 'bar setter' for performance of a LS. But Cydgets is just 'lacking' in look and feel and Saurik will never change his thinking on that.

Also, have u sent Matt your crash and sys logs? If not then why haven't u? It doesn't help Matt to hear about a crash without any data. Last night Matt pushed out 3 builds of his tweak due to sending him my reports. U should do the same.
    As I've shared on several threads... syslogs and crash reports don't tell the whole story. They only told you 'what' crashed - but not why - and not 'in combination with what'. And as soon as I take Convergence and Flipswitch off my phone - no crashing. So if the syslog shows 'GroovyLock' crashing.. That only means GroovyLock, in the presence of Convergence, crashes. Having said that - I WILL send mine on to Matt. I'm quite sure I'm going to find that it's the presence of Flipswitch that's the problem with my combination of tweaks. But I need the tweaks I have. And I already have a Lockscreen player in LH3 that does all I need and does it the fastest and most elegant 'for me'.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

I don't have a problem with crashes, calls comes in and goes out ok . The only thing i turned off in iCleaner is Cydgetloader and even if i don't turn it off i'm still crash free .
    Last edited by jawonder; 2014-04-01 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    I don't have a problem with crashes, calls comes in and goes out ok . The only thing i turned off in iCleaner is Cydget and even if i don't turn it off i'm still crash free .
    So you have all 4 loaded?
    LockHTML3, GroovyLock, Cydgets and Convergence?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    As I've shared on several threads... syslogs and crash reports don't tell the whole story. They only told you 'what' crashed - but not why - and not 'in combination with what'.
    They don't tell the whole story to you but they help Matt out. I know u may not understand it, neither do I, but it points Matt in the right direction. He has resolved so many crashes due to these reports and if u think they aren't helpful and that's why u don't send them, then u are badly mistaken.

It is better to send these reports than not and that's my point. To have an all or nothing approach I think is not the right way to approach this.

Like I said earlier, he pushed out 3 betas of his new tweak within an hour due to these reports. I would say they tell a good story.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-04-01 at 05:26 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (2014-04-02)

Matt puts additional info in his code that makes the reports a lot more useful to him. Those other devs are just lazy.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), Krima (2014-04-01), RKO1195 (2014-04-02)

Thanks

They don't tell the whole story to you but they help Matt out. I know u may not understand it, neither do I, but it points Matt in the right direction. He has resolved so many crashes due to these reports and if u think they aren't helpful and that's why u don't send them, then u are badly mistaken.

It is better to send these reports than not and that's my point. To have an all or nothing approach I think is not the right way to approach this.

Like I said earlier, he pushed out 3 betas of his new tweak within an hour due to these reports. I would say they tell a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Matt puts additional info in his code that makes the reports a lot more useful to him. Those other devs are just lazy.
    Excellent points, gentlemen. I will make sure to send all my reports from here on.. But sadly - Matt has no control over the design of Flipswitch and I believe that's the issue here.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01)

But he's got more pull as its dev to dev.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), NewD (2014-04-01)

Just started using Convergence again and wanted to say thanks to everyone who has had a hand in it. It has come a long way since the beta release. And the fact that it works with cydgets is the best of both worlds IMO. Can't wait to see where this road leads.

Any recommendations on a tweak for extending the lockscreen time?
    Last edited by mcooper; 2014-04-01 at 06:06 PM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), King_O_Hill (2014-04-01), Krima (2014-04-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    Any recommendations on a tweak for extending the lockscreen time?
    20SecondLockscreen in Cydia. Lets you set for as long as 2 minutes.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

mcooper (2014-04-01)

Thanks

And I have little delay in my LS coming up, the only time is when I initially turn on my phone. Other than that my Convergence runs flawlessly and just as fast as any of the other three especially Cydgets

Page 39 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast