Page 37 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

@June. Haha, u added GPS for me and Grant. Man, I couldn't imagine what u do for people u actually like. Any improvements are welcomed.

Thought it seemed u went through a lot of trouble to add something that has already been created. But u want to do your own thing and I can respect that.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-03-27 at 04:31 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-27), June'sIphone (2014-03-27)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks for the clarification of the cache in LB, June. Makes sense some aspects wouldn't be cached.

June, you need to show us which LB theme you're using. Not all LB themes load in the same amount of time. The more weather elements - the longer the load time on my 5S. I'm not alone. Show us which theme you use so we can compare apples to apples.
    I use them all. I don't use uniAW, 5 day all the time (Which many themes dont use), but sometimes the analog I do. It doesn't matter what you use. Behind the scenes everything is loading. All weather elements on all themes. Its basically like loading any weather lockscreen. Only step I add is it has to place these items where they are positioned. So if you have just a weather icon set, or all the weather elements set it will not act any different. Now with that being said if you have 5 day forecast, uniAW, Clock, all weather elements and a GL. then your time will vary. If you have a heavy GL then time will vary. For example if I run GroovyLock miWeather it loads just as fast as if I have just GroovyLock on. Although behind the scenes all other weather is loading too. I cannot noticeably tell a difference, but I know for a fact there is because at any time I can pick any element to add to anything I have loaded. As far as seeing all weather elements load individually, that must just be an illusion, because they all load at the same time.

LB process
    Load initial weather
    Load External Locks
    Load Widgets

Sorry Matt, not meaning to turn this into a LB thread. Just seems everyone likes talking about my work, outside of its thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @June. Haha, u added GPS for me and Grant. Man, I couldn't imagine what u do for people u actually like. Any improvements are welcomed.

Thought it seemed u went through a lot of trouble to add something that has already been created. But u want to do your own thing and I can respect that.
    You forget all my points of why I wouldn't use that system. It's ok, you stick with your buds. I understand, and no issues here. All in all it was very simple. maybe 30 lines of code if that. Figuring out was as easy as looking through headers and typing in some codes in terminal. Asked Saurik(Easy way out), but he didn't have a clue lol. Hardest part was fitting it into something already designed to use a standard zip/weather code. Which I would have had the same issue with the other system.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-03-27 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks

No one was talking about your work like u make it sound. Just sharing experiences since Matts new tweak added Cydget support. Your LB was the one that I told Matt didn't work when he first started Cydget support.

When I say I thought u went trough a lot of trouble, I meant that u added GPS, caused āll kinds of issues so u removed it, worked on it for several môre days it seemed, releāsed it again, and are still trying to add featurčs that are already available. For me, that seems like a lot of work for something that is out already. I'm not knocking your efforts but don't make it sound like any view I have is solely based on defending my buds.

In the future, I would appreciate u taking my perspectives and preferences as ones that I came to form on my own and not just following my buds.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-03-27 at 04:58 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-27), King_O_Hill (2014-03-27), NewD (2014-03-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    All in all well pleased, and even added GPS for you and Grant.
    Well I'm grateful. Though I still assure you your sales will go up.. And though you'll have now way of ever really tracking it - I'll bet over 50% of your clients won't ever use the non-GPS version again. But appreciate your doing the work - even though I hate yahoo beta API - goes down too much. Yahoo's Apple feed that's used in WW is way more accurate and it's up time rate is way better. Also JQuery from an xml already on the phone is way less resource intensive than a JSON call to yahoo. But each developer has their own style/approach. As I've always said, your call, June.

I use them all. I don't use uniAW, 5 day all the time (Which many themes dont use), but sometimes the analog I do. It doesn't matter what you use. Behind the scenes everything is loading. All weather elements on all themes.
    You forget I'm a coder too, June. More elements to load more time. I agree it all happens pretty quick. But load the theme called Stripes and make me a video. I'm sure you'll see it's not 0.6 seconds.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-03-27 at 04:56 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-27)

I could write it to txt if you want me too? or xml, but I enjoy the fact that my users can use Forecast. To each their own. I bet the lack of a mobile substrate makes up for 1 json call which is one that already happens, since I call for the weather. Not here to argue over which is better. Especially with 2 from that side 3, 4 if you count Matt and King. Waste of time if you get me. Like talking about US with the Russians or vice versa. Russia cares about Russia. US cares about US. Never good to argue about the two from opposite sides. People pick sides easy as that. Not knowing or caring which one is better or worse. About the sales thats not true at all. TBH haven't had good sales in quite awhile, maybe a short spike when I uploaded but just because it was in changes. I work for free a lot, wish you understood the reality behind it.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-03-27 at 05:01 AM.

Thanks

I could write it to txt if you want me too? or xml, but I enjoy the fact that my users can use Forecast.
    Yes that's a cool tweak. I understand your not wanting WW to prevent its use.
    To each their own. I bet the lack of a mobile substrate makes up for 1 json call which is one that already happens, since I call for the weather. Not here to argue over which is better. --- Not knowing or caring which one is better or worse.
    Yes I can see your point here too.. Though there are ways to measure efficiency of a certain coding method. But no matter. You've made your choice. I can easily change the code to JQuery for WW xml data pull if I wanted for personal use.
    About the sales thats not true at all. TBH haven't had good sales in quite awhile, maybe a short spike when I uploaded but just because it was in changes. I work for free a lot, wish you understood the reality behind it.
    Fair enough - you're closer to it. But "better" is always "better". Non GPS compared to GPS is no contest. GPS wins every time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-27)

Thanks

I know u aren't trying to argue June and that's exactly my point. This is a discussion to exchange opinions, preferences, choices, view points, and experiences. I see it as this, which I'm glad we r having, u see it as arguing. I never understood that.

U know that is how we all are here, if u truly didn't want any responses that challenged your view point, then u should have never came here. But I'm glad u did June because I want to understand why u make the decisions u make.

It's all good because I'm about to get exactly what I want from LB soon. So I'm a happy person.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-03-27 at 05:09 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-27), King_O_Hill (2014-03-27), NewD (2014-03-27)

Fair enough - you're closer to it. But "better" is always "better". Non GPS compared to GPS is no contest. GPS wins every time.
    Yes totally agree, although I never use it. hahahaha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-27), NewD (2014-03-27)

Thanks

It's all good because I'm about to get exactly what I want from LB soon. So I'm a happy person.
    Yes devs, like Matt, Ryan, Stephen, and to a certain extent June too, get a better more useful product in the end for all involved.

Yes totally agree, although I never use it. hahahaha
    You don't travel much. That's why you don't feel the need.

Yes devs, like Matt, Ryan, Stephen, and to a certain extent June too, get a better more useful product in the end for all involved.

You don't travel much. That's why you don't feel the need.
    Honestly the truth of it all. I don't trust Location Services to no extent. I really don't care to be tracked by anyone. I know how un secure the Jailbreak makes the phone too. Not saying i'm a wanted fugitive, or I have something to hide, but I just don't trust a lot of higher ups. I dunno its tough to explain, but I have used it for this development, and also used touch id because of this project. I know our (US) government is nothing to trust. Thats all. Sure we all have something like this wether to do with religion or whatever. Nothing to do with religion, just something that doesn't sit right with me. So i've avoided it.

Thanks

Honestly the truth of it all. I don't trust Location Services to no extent. I really don't care to be tracked by anyone.
    It's a good thing u don't use your cell phone to make calls because u don't want them location services pinging them cell towers to know where u are.

U must be a true O.G. using beepers and what not.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-03-27 at 05:53 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-27), King_O_Hill (2014-03-27)

It's a good thing u don't use your cell phone to make calls because u don't want them location services pinging them cell towers to know where u are.
    Right.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-03-27)

Just for the record, Forecast idea was stolen from us, that's why we don't look into supporting it. We have built a clone widget that can be added to any LS. As for a WW version of LB, you never know what can happen. I find it interesting that you are just about mimicking WW settings with a neighborhood switch and all. But that's cool, in my work I am typically the innovator and get used to others utilizing the trails that I blaze.

I like your work June, it's a shame that you don't embrace more collaborative method of your creations. I think if things were different, you could really soar and create even more amazing stuff.

Nice job on your GPS version, but update that old UniAW for the rest of your users!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (2014-03-28), Krima (2014-03-27), NewD (2014-03-27)

And there we have it ladies and gentlemen lmao. Keep blazing saddles dude. More power to ya😝 peace.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-03-27 at 05:24 PM.

I guess I've managed to hit a nerve again.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I guess I've managed to hit a nerve again.
    Easy to do with our good brother.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Not much talk about Convergance on the last couple pages, so I will add to the mix. I like Matt's stuff, he's even coded some custom stuff in Paragon just for me. You gotta love that support! I like how June's LB plays nicely with Forecast. I have enjoyed WW in the IOS6 version of the Paragon theme I was using with End's lock screen. Cydgets and LB does not always give me the carefree experience I hope for, The Convergance/LB combo may just be the ticket, plus Matt is planning on the Forecast integration too. There are days that I am not sure just which forum I am reading. There is SO much bashing of other people's work. Perhaps there could be a Bash forum where all that &(*#%^$ could go. It would be nice to be able to go to a forum and get some pertinent info without having to sift through pages of crap to get it. Matt, I apologize for adding to the hijack of this thread, but I needed to vent. My $.02
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 2014-03-28 at 08:05 AM.
    Respect existence, or expect resistance...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-28)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

Goodness the drama has filtered into this forum even, I've been almost avoiding the other threads cause of this. I didn't think the contamination would get this far.

The amount of trolling in the Eli7e thread is sickening

On a positive note the changes you've made have been fantastic Matt, some small details I've mentioned, the odd Bite notification not disappearing and the actual launch of the Pebble App I think have been my only two bugs. Using Dacal's V2 LS is flawless. Similar to other I've disabled Cydget, LockHTML3 and Groovylock while running Convergence and the stability is fantastic. Curious though why the Weather Widget runs with the native app? I thought originally it ran with Widget Weather
    Last edited by Mav1971; 2014-03-28 at 12:34 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-28)

To get away from these unnecessary arguments,

This latest Convergence update added a weird bug that shows the wallpaper for like a second immediately after unlocking the device. I'm on ios6, maybe that has something to do with it, because I notice that other people don't have this issue...

Thanks

I have it too and I'm on iOS 7. Matt is aware of it and I believe is working on it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-28)

Page 37 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast