Page 28 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Cheers guys! Personally I'm torn between the two, but as Xx_Illusions_xX suggested, my current thinking is to include both within Convergance as there's preference for both, and provide an option to change which one to use - might even keep in the current setup with that, as it wouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnieB View Post
    Another vote for the first one. Although, what will it look like if there are 10 or more notifications? Is there room for two digits? Will the bubble expand?
    Good point, I hadn't considered this one. My current thinking is to allow the text to expand outside the icon, but then render the text outside as the same colour as other text. That way, I wouldn't have to change the size of text to fit each icon, but even doing the text like that might be difficult! Will have to see

Yes! Although I couldn't tell you the sequence of events that precipitated the occurrence.

But when it's happened (2-3 times now), the screen has been frozen and I've needed to do a hard reboot.
    I *think* that's now resolved in the beta that went live last night, if you see it happening again just let me know please

Quote Originally Posted by gee_whiz83 View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster. I think they both look great but the first would be my preference. Also, any idea on when your licensing server will be back online? I'm dying to get the beta on my 5S.
    Welcome! With the pre-orders, I still don't know - PayPal seem to be taking a long time to get back to me. I'll throw up a post here though when it's live again

This has been happening to me more frequently. No rhyme or reason to it. I'll swipe up to unlock and get the old lockscreen in a frozen state (hard reboot needed). Just now, something else odd happened. I clicked the power button (not sure what it's called -- the one at the top of the phone) to turn on the screen and got the old lockscreen. I was able to unlock normally. When I clicked the button off and on again, the Convergance screen appeared as usual and it was back to "normal" (I could unlock without any trouble).

By the way, I have CrashReporter installed, but I'm not seeing anything logged after the freeze-ups.
    Thanks for letting me know, I think I've found the cause of it now, hadn't had it happen for at least a few hours!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-09), Artfuldodger51 (2014-02-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Cheers guys! Personally I'm torn between the two, but as Xx_Illusions_xX suggested, my current thinking is to include both within Convergance as there's preference for both, and provide an option to change which one to use - might even keep in the current setup with that, as it wouldn't be too hard to achieve.
    Can you please provide an option to change lockscreen text/images from light to dark, rather than (or in addition to) having Convergance "guess" which would be more visible with a particular wallpaper? As I mentioned upthread, I was using a wallpaper for which the "guess" was terribly wrong.

Thanks for letting me know, I think I've found the cause of it now, hadn't had it happen for at least a few hours!
    It was still happening to me earlier today and I was using 0.2.7.
    Last edited by JonnieB; 2014-02-09 at 03:26 AM.

Can you please provide an option to change lockscreen text/images from light to dark, rather than (or in addition to) having Convergance "guess" which would be more visible with a particular wallpaper? As I mentioned upthread, I was using a wallpaper for which the "guess" was terribly wrong.
    I've added that into an Advanced section in the next beta, so will be able to override it pretty easily

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-09)

I've added that into an Advanced section in the next beta, so will be able to override it pretty easily
    Excellent! Now just make it so it doesn't crash on me, and I'll be a happy camper!

Thought I'd let you all know I've found the cause of the problem with passcodes not always showing. I'll be fixing it tonight

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-13), King_O_Hill (2014-02-10), RKO1195 (2014-02-17)

I've also had some problems with the old lock-screen showing up. It happens all the time now. When i slide to unlock from Convergance the old lock screen shows up (with the "slide to unlock"-text), but it's frozen. To fix this i hold the top button of the phone to restart, but when the "slide to restart" shows up i tap abort and the lock screen is no longer locked. It's still the old lock screen but it's no longer frozen. When i slide to unlock it brings me back to Convergance lock screen and everything works fine!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jonasste For This Useful Post:

JonnieB (2014-02-10)

Could you release it on Cydia now? I really want to purchase this tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasste View Post
    I've also had some problems with the old lock-screen showing up. It happens all the time now. When i slide to unlock from Convergance the old lock screen shows up (with the "slide to unlock"-text), but it's frozen. To fix this i hold the top button of the phone to restart, but when the "slide to restart" shows up i tap abort and the lock screen is no longer locked. It's still the old lock screen but it's no longer frozen. When i slide to unlock it brings me back to Convergance lock screen and everything works fine!
    Thanks for that tip! I had planned to kep Convergance disabled until Matt posted a newer beta, but I reactivated when I saw your post. I just had the freeze-up happen, tried your remedy, and it worked!

I'm happy to report that notifications are now fixed

Hopefully going to upload a new beta tonight, waiting on some feedback from testers as to whether the passcode issue is now resolved
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-02-11 at 09:18 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-13), JonnieB (2014-02-11), Krima (2014-02-11), RKO1195 (2014-02-17), The.Drifter (2014-02-11)

Matchstic, your PM box is full. How do I get in on the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Matchstic, your PM box is full. How do I get in on the beta?
    At the moment, I've still got issues with PayPal, and no further since last week with that - really have no idea how long it'll take. I'm hoping to have it up on Cydia in a couple of weeks at the most, so really am trying to push ahead with these bug fixes!
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-02-11 at 10:51 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Hondamaker (2014-02-12)

I'm happy to report that notifications are now fixed

Hopefully going to upload a new beta tonight, waiting on some feedback from testers as to whether the passcode issue is now resolved
    awesome! does this fix the whatsapp issue where it only shows 1 notification at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by xinzhitan14 View Post
    awesome! does this fix the whatsapp issue where it only shows 1 notification at a time?
    It will yeah, fix applies to notifications from all apps

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-13)

It will yeah, fix applies to notifications from all apps
    awesome! can't wait .

Thought I'd let y'all know version 0.2.8 is now live!

Changelog:

6.x: Temporarily reverted back to old passcode handling
    6.x-7.x: Added Advanced section in settings
    6.x-7.x: Fixed issue with notifications not showing for many apps
    6.x-7.x: Added GuestMode support
    7.x: Fixed passcode issues - I've had feedback that this is now 100%, so let me know if there's any problems. (Yo dawg, I heard you liked fixes so I fixed a fix that fixes a fix)

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-13), Artfuldodger51 (2014-02-13), DannyZ83 (2014-02-12), EmmaJhonsson (2014-02-19), Jato_BZ (2014-02-12), jcksnftsn (2014-02-12), King_O_Hill (2014-02-12), RKO1195 (2014-02-17), The.Drifter (2014-02-12)

Default LockHTML Setup
    At one point in time I was able to succesfully setup an HTML Wallpaper background in the Testing folder.
    However, as of two updates ago it's no longer displaying and I'm having a heck of a time getting it setup again using either the LockHTML folder or the Testing folder.
    Would someone be so kind as to step through the process so that I can get this figured out again?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Nice work bro! U ever thought of becoming an MC? You got mad skillz dawg...u had me fixated with your flurry of fixes u laid down.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-02-12), Matchstic (2014-02-12)

Quote Originally Posted by jcksnftsn View Post
    At one point in time I was able to succesfully setup an HTML Wallpaper background in the Testing folder.
    However, as of two updates ago it's no longer displaying and I'm having a heck of a time getting it setup again using either the LockHTML folder or the Testing folder.
    Would someone be so kind as to step through the process so that I can get this figured out again?

Thanks
    I'm going to have a look at the code for it right now, been meaning to see what was going on there, as I've had one other report about that

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Nice work bro! U ever thought of becoming an MC? You got mad skillz dawg...u had me fixated with your flurry of fixes u laid down.
    Aha mate :')

Turns out that the passcode still isn't fixed... I've uploaded another beta which contains an option in Advanced that forces the passcode to always display if it's set, which breaks Apple's time out feature on the passcode

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-13), King_O_Hill (2014-02-12)

Just innstalled the new version. At first I enabled it and tried it without a respring. First attempt at unlocking it worked fine but bypassed my passcode! Second attempt the old lock-screen shows up and just slides in and out of the screen (when "sliding to unlock"), I never got to the home screen. Then I pushed the power button to power the screen off and on again. When attempting to unlock again the screen goes white (with about 80% opacity). I had to restart my phone. After restart I unlocked without problems (without passcode). Then I unabled and re-enabled the passcode and tried another unlock. It now requests a passcode and works fine except that it flashes the old lock screen for a second before the home screen appears.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasste View Post
    Just innstalled the new version. At first I enabled it and tried it without a respring. First attempt at unlocking it worked fine but bypassed my passcode! Second attempt the old lock-screen shows up and just slides in and out of the screen (when "sliding to unlock"), I never got to the home screen. Then I pushed the power button to power the screen off and on again. When attempting to unlock again the screen goes white (with about 80% opacity). I had to restart my phone. After restart I unlocked without problems (without passcode). Then I unabled and re-enabled the passcode and tried another unlock. It now requests a passcode and works fine except that it flashes the old lock screen for a second before the home screen appears.
    Thanks for letting me know!

For now, I've decided to go back to how the passcode used to work, where it'll always be displayed if it was set, regardless of any delay set in Settings. This'll allow me to concentrate on major issues such as Touch ID and lag, and finally resolve both!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-13), King_O_Hill (2014-02-13)

Page 28 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast