Page 25 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Throw an email my way and I'll check it all went through this end!
    email sent

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BossJono For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-01-30)

Thats very exciting Sounds like the upcoming update is going to be the Holy Grail I can't wait.

Btw theres some things that are not translated! But i couldnt change them because there was no option to do it haha waiting patiently for the update!

Just paid and ordered But I don't intend to install it until you can please kindly advise/announce the new beta has been launched with changes that you have mentioned above.

I have a feeling that this is going to be great!

Requests:

TouchID
    Text color to contrast with background used
    System lag or battery drain issues if any
    BiteSMS fully functional.

A personal one if I may, would to find a way to accommodate for Swipey, i.e tweak that lets you swipe left to quick launch an app. I am assuming that with Convergance, swiping left has only the option of giving you camera. Swipey was so well done and I paid for it, would be a shame to lose; otherwise, will need another quick app launch tweak unless Convergance plans to incorporate something similar in the future

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ffarouki For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-31)

Quote Originally Posted by ffarouki View Post
    Just paid and ordered But I don't intend to install it until you can please kindly advise/announce the new beta has been launched with changes that you have mentioned above.

I have a feeling that this is going to be great!

Requests:

TouchID
    Text color to contrast with background used
    System lag or battery drain issues if any
    BiteSMS fully functional.

A personal one if I may, would to find a way to accommodate for Swipey, i.e tweak that lets you swipe left to quick launch an app. I am assuming that with Convergance, swiping left has only the option of giving you camera. Swipey was so well done and I paid for it, would be a shame to lose; otherwise, will need another quick app launch tweak unless Convergance plans to incorporate something similar in the future
    Nice request you have there i like that, and I'm guessing Macthstic is planning on something similar to swipe after all this is the best lock screen theme/tweak out there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacTobalina For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-31)

awesome lock screen, very impressed. something I have notice, I know it is beta, so only an observation. since adding some new custom tiles to my Paragon theme, I notice that this lockscreen start causing some safe mode crashes. everytime i lock my phone, within 30 seconds, boom, safe mode. disabled this lockscreen and no more safe modes. maybe there is some incompatibility between convergence and dreamboard themes?

I have noticed the same thing with winterboard themes that have a lockscreen. As soon as I disable convergence no more random respring. I haven't used paragon in a while so maybe the ls is the issue.
    Here is a link to my public folder where you will find iWidgets/Lockscreen Widgets/and misc. things I have created
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mwr4pbu5i...4gxv1RjBa?dl=0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pois0nDF For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-31)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

There's a nice NextGen theme for Convergance in Cydia .

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

There is a WebView bug in Apple's firmware 7.0.4 that makes animation of any kind on Lockscreens crash the phone into safe mode. No known fix possible by any tweak developers. So we just have to live with it. Be very wary of purchasing Lockscreens promising lots of animation. They will be unstable. Fortunately most developers are scaling back their animation and you can confidently buy their products.

Convergence, itself, is stable! Matchstik's one of the best there is.

But just remember - in the 7.0.4 jailbreak reality - animation = instability. Only 7.1 fixes the problem and we have no jailbreak for that.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-01 at 07:50 PM. Reason: gave a shout out to Jake instead of Matchstik

Not quite sure what jake has to do with convergence?

You also keep claiming that there is no JB for 7.1, but it has not even been released yet. How could there possibly be a JB for an unreleased iOS? You just make it sound like it can't ever be done. The only info we have is that it breaks the current JB, but that does not imply that it can't be done.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-02-01 at 07:24 PM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Not quite sure what jake has to do with convergence?
    Oops.. I meant, Match.. (*embarrassed*) -- post updated..
    You also keep claiming that there is no JB for 7.1, but it has not even been released yet. How could there possibly be a JB for an unreleased iOS? You just make it sound like it can't ever be done. The only info we have is that it breaks the current JB, but that does not imply that it can't be done.
    Of course - you speak the truth, my wise friend... But I speak in 'likelihoods'.. not certainties.. .. History is always out best teacher, my dear King! And in this case - history hints to us - there will most likely be no jailbreak for 7.1; at least not before people would be interested in the iPhone 6 and iOS8. But as I've said many times before - after my pessimistic musings... "I SURE hope" I'm wrong... Just pretty sure I'm not...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

@ NewD. Is this the same history that told you definitively that we would not have a jailbreak until February of 2014?

I thought you learned from that experience to not speak with certainty on matters that you simply do not know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @ NewD. Is this the same history that told you definitively that we would not have a jailbreak until February of 2014?

I thought you learned from that experience to not speak with certainty on matters that you simply do not know.
    What we learned, K, from that experience, was that 'occasionally' history doesn't repeat itself. It's rare - but it DOES happen. But in NO WAY would I ever abandon giving people a head's up to what to likely expect based on our good teacher, Mr. History.

And where you been, Krima? Don't see you out here in the trenches helping people sort through this 'MESS' of a jailbreak. You move to Android, bro?

Thanks

I've been around. I don't want to comment on questions that have already been answered. I've been more behind the scenes lately. King likes to remind me how I'm not wanted publicly. He is such a ******.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I've been around. I don't want to comment on questions that have already been answered. I've been more behind the scenes lately. King likes to remind me how I'm not wanted publicly. He is such a ******.
    Well "I" miss you. Your insights on memory management and stability achievement might offer insights in the unstable world that is iOS7's JB. Hang in there bro. King's not so bad once you get to know 'em..

Krima is a ******!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-02-01)

Thanks

See what I'm saying. Geeze. A man has feelings King.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-02-01)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Oops.. I meant, Match.. (*embarrassed*) -- post updated..
    Of course - you speak the truth, my wise friend... But I speak in 'likelihoods'.. not certainties.. .. History is always out best teacher, my dear King! And in this case - history hints to us - there will most likely be no jailbreak for 7.1; at least not before people would be interested in the iPhone 6 and iOS8. But as I've said many times before - after my pessimistic musings... "I SURE hope" I'm wrong... Just pretty sure I'm not...
    If history is our teacher, then there most likely will be a JB for 7.1, as there have been a JB for the x.1 version or iOS for the last few releases.

I'm just not sure why you have to be so pessimistic about it. Can't you just enjoy what you have for now. Personally, I'm waiting for the 7.1 JB as I'm staying on 6.1.2 for now.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-02-01 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If history is our teacher, then there most likely will be a JB for 7.1, as there have been a JB for the x.1 version or iOS for the last few releases..
    As I indicated last post - all x.1 JBs in last two iOS were JB's that didn't release until the x.1 was out. AND the JB covered x.0 THRU x.1.x.. You know that, bro. This is a completely different scenario where x.0 is JB'ed AND patched in x.1. Now - maybe evad3rs have a couple more exploits waiting for .1.. But doubtful. How long did it take to get a JB for 6.1.3-6.1.5... Loooong time. New phone & iOS were already out.
    I'm just not sure why you have to be so pessimistic about it. Can't you just enjoy what you have for now. Personally, I'm waiting for the 7.1 JB as I'm staying on 6.1.2 for now.
    It's different when you have "skin in the game" and are already on 7 on a new phone. Your outlook is a bit different sitting tight at 6.1.2..

The reason I adopt this posture is less about pessimism and more about letting the evad3rs watching (I know they're here) know that many of us would likely have preferred to wait to be JB at the x.1 level at least..

Evad3rs are not here bro, not watching these threads.

Bootrom exploit found for A5 devices!

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=38017

It's only a matter of time before they find it for A6+

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-02-02), The.Drifter (2014-02-02)

Page 25 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast