Page 24 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is the best LS tweak I've ever had the pleasure of using. It's grown tremendously. Thank you, Matt.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robxwatson For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-29), Matchstic (2014-01-29)

Are there any extra widgets at this time that can be downloaded other then the one that come with Convergance? Maybe one that lets me open apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Hey all

Been a bit of a busy weekend - had a lot of other work to catch up - so sorry about running over the ETA for next beta and not getting back to emails. Got a fair amount done for this next one though: new theme available in settings, fixes to notifications disappearing, fully working HTML backgrounds with touch, few other fixes, and localisation support. Should see it go live either tomorrow or Tuesday, as I'll be sending a deb to translators to double check all's good

Oh, and I've moved all my website etc over to a new server at Incendo | Matchstic - the old address will be redirected here, so shouldn't need to change the repo address in Cydia or whatever, as it should redirect with no problems!

Erm, I'd say 3 weeks give or take a few days

Does anybody know if the Repo on cydia changed ? I jut noticed a new repo with your name and states "Repository has moved, please install this deb to automatically add it."

Please advise as I purchased convergence when it was released and don't want to install anything that's pirated .

Not sure if this is a bug, but whenever I get multiple messages from whatsapp, it only ever shows 1 notification instead of them all. Multiple notifications work for sms's but not whatsapp. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Does this work with Dreamboard themes? I know they use info.plist but is that just a winter board issue?

I want to purchase the license but my main theme is Paragon.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kaatisu84 View Post
    Does this work with Dreamboard themes? I know they use info.plist but is that just a winter board issue?

I want to purchase the license but my main theme is Paragon.

Thanks in advance!
    Yes, it is controlled in the settings app and will work with DB themes.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-29), Matchstic (2014-01-29)

Can't wait to use this tweak! Looks really cool! How is it since it's on beta?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx_Illusions_xX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-29)

Hi Matt, time out on the old repo to install the new one .

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

There should be a package in the old repo that lets you install the new repo.

I can't refresh the old one and don't see a package to get the new one. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by xinzhitan14 View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug, but whenever I get multiple messages from whatsapp, it only ever shows 1 notification instead of them all. Multiple notifications work for sms's but not whatsapp. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Yeah, it's a known bug

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi Matt, time out on the old repo to install the new one .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomans View Post
    There should be a package in the old repo that lets you install the new repo.

I can't refresh the old one and don't see a package to get the new one. Now what?
    Thanks for letting me know, seems like the old repo is down! I'll have to check on it when I get back home, hopefully a simple reboot should resolve it

EDIT: Repo is now alive again, should have an essential upgrade pop up to install the new repo
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-01-29 at 05:30 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-29), Dacal (2014-01-29), King_O_Hill (2014-01-31)

I'd like to lower the placement of the notifications so that they don't overlap with my html background clock. I know how to lower the clock by editing the LockBackground.html but think it would look better if the clock was in the higher position. Is there a way to edit where the notifications are displayed? Where's the file that would need to be edited?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Oi Mate, G'Day

First, thank you to everyone involved with the idea, development, implementation and distribution of Convergance. I'm sure you have heard this many times already but Convergance is truly a brilliant design. I find myself questioning Apple's "innovative" way of utilizing iOS, taking into consideration all of their resources you make their work seem childish and dull. I am just a couple of weeks into being an iPhone/iOS user and apologize in advance if the answer to my question is obvious and something I simply just missed. I am trying to change the lockscreen time and date to black, I use predominately white wallpapers and the time/date is very hard to see. If somebody could please help me I would appreciate it very much.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by A.U.S.S.I.E View Post
    Oi Mate, G'Day

I am just a couple of weeks into being an iPhone/iOS user and apologize in advance if the answer to my question is obvious and something I simply just missed. I am trying to change the lockscreen time and date to black, I use predominately white wallpapers and the time/date is very hard to see.
    Not obvious at all. As best as I can tell, the only way to do this would be to add html wallpaper that includes the time & date how you like, and then disable the time & date in the Convergance theme you are using. There's some basic info on how to add html wallpaper here.

Relatedly, in a later post Matchstic says, "to remove your clock, set showsClock to false in Info.plist". However, in the latest distribution, the theme Info.plist files seem to be binary (i.e. include non-ASCII characters). Didn't they used to be ASCII, or am I misremembering? I haven't played with custom theming myself, so there's probably someone else who can answer better than I.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JonnieB For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-30)

Quote Originally Posted by A.U.S.S.I.E View Post
    I am just a couple of weeks into being an iPhone/iOS user and apologize in advance if the answer to my question is obvious and something I simply just missed. I am trying to change the lockscreen time and date to black, I use predominately white wallpapers and the time/date is very hard to see.

Ahh, just figured it out. You create a folder under /var/mobile/Library/Convergance/LockHTML with a LockBackground.html and an Info.plist. In *that* Info.plist you can set showsClock to false. Then just find (or create) a LockBackground.html that includes a clock with the color/formatting you like.
    Last edited by JonnieB; 2014-01-29 at 09:48 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonnieB For This Useful Post:

A.U.S.S.I.E (2014-01-30), Alfroggy (2014-01-30)

Still a noticeable lag on the entire UI of my phone when the LS is enabled.
    Last edited by Bomans; 2014-01-30 at 10:10 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bomans For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-01-30)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnieB View Post
    Ahh, just figured it out. You create a folder under /var/mobile/Library/Convergance/LockHTML with a LockBackground.html and an Info.plist. In *that* Info.plist you can set showsClock to false. Then just find (or create) a LockBackground.html that includes a clock with the color/formatting you like.
    Oi Mate

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this, I honestly appreciate it. I've taken your advice and have begun an attempt at creating my own with the color I need. I hope to find a way to just simply change the time/date color though, really like how the LS just bleeds into each movement with the next screen. I wish I understood how to create stuff as this, I'm completely fascinated with all the possibilities, just lake the knowledge to do it. I surf for a living and travel so much that I hardly feel as if I even have a home anymore, let alone time to devote to learning more about iOS. Thank you again for your help mate.

G'Day

24. The Following User Says Thank You to A.U.S.S.I.E For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-30)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't find where do I report bug on this awesome theme?

I'm going to post it here and if someone can point me to where I can report in the right place please let me know.

1. You can't seem to use BiteSMS, Couria on the lockscreen or anything that uses Activator to activate on the lockscreen it will not be display, but once you do it and unlock the screen you will see it in the background.

2. Weather widget does not display at all.
    2.1 This one I'm not sure if it is the same author who created this, but I can't find anyway to display it and I looked at the setting/config file nothing can set my location there.

3. The brightness slider kept going to 0% though it is full and everytime I slide it back to 100% and unlock->lock my screen to check again it seems to reset itself to 0% again.

I really love this theme/tweak and it's super awesome and smooth for me on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, but I have to uninstall it for now because of these problems, but hopefully it will get fix soon.

Please accept my apology if this has been reported.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to alihuta2002 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-30)

Default Getting ready
    Getting my PayPal account set up just for this tweak to pay the $2 really excited. Just have a few questions/concerns if any of the kind members (or the brilliant developer) can help me before installing it 😄:

- Confirmation that it works on arm64 / 5S devices and how does it behave with TouchID?

- The weather widget is either working or can be replaced with an alternative easily

- The text changes automatically from light to dark depending on wallpaper?

- I'm assuming it won't be compatible with Swipey? In theory it could right?

I sense that a new update is coming soon. If anyone tried it can you please tell us of the specific changes or improvements?

Thank you

How long would I have to wait for my pre-order to come through? It's been two days now

Quote Originally Posted by alihuta2002 View Post
    I can't find where do I report bug on this awesome theme?

I'm going to post it here and if someone can point me to where I can report in the right place please let me know.

1. You can't seem to use BiteSMS, Couria on the lockscreen or anything that uses Activator to activate on the lockscreen it will not be display, but once you do it and unlock the screen you will see it in the background.

2. Weather widget does not display at all.
    2.1 This one I'm not sure if it is the same author who created this, but I can't find anyway to display it and I looked at the setting/config file nothing can set my location there.

3. The brightness slider kept going to 0% though it is full and everytime I slide it back to 100% and unlock->lock my screen to check again it seems to reset itself to 0% again.

I really love this theme/tweak and it's super awesome and smooth for me on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, but I have to uninstall it for now because of these problems, but hopefully it will get fix soon.

Please accept my apology if this has been reported.
    No worries, posting here is fine, although email is preferred

1. biteSMS and Couria will be fully working when I put out the next beta, fixed those issues today. Activator, that might be a more difficult task!
    2. Try installing Widget Weather (tweak) from Cydia
    3. That one is a known bug, really should fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by ffarouki View Post
    Getting my PayPal account set up just for this tweak to pay the $2 really excited. Just have a few questions/concerns if any of the kind members (or the brilliant developer) can help me before installing it :

- Confirmation that it works on arm64 / 5S devices and how does it behave with TouchID?

- The weather widget is either working or can be replaced with an alternative easily

- The text changes automatically from light to dark depending on wallpaper?

- I'm assuming it won't be compatible with Swipey? In theory it could right?

I sense that a new update is coming soon. If anyone tried it can you please tell us of the specific changes or improvements?

Thank you
    It does work on arm64, although there is an issue with Touch ID where it isn't always usable - got a very detailed bug report on this one so should be able to fix it when I get round to it!
    I will be working on a new weather widget soon along with more widgets such as Reminders etc.
    The next beta will see that automatic text colouring

Quote Originally Posted by BossJono View Post
    How long would I have to wait for my pre-order to come through? It's been two days now
    Throw an email my way and I'll check it all went through this end!

Small update from me; had some time away yesterday evening, but have gotten through some bugs today. biteSMS now works completely, along with Couria and probably other alert-based tweaks too! I'll be focusing on getting notifications working now, so hopefully should have something soon.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-30), Dacal (2014-01-31), ffarouki (2014-01-31), King_O_Hill (2014-01-31)

Page 24 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast