Page 14 of 162 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Important. Since I'm activating everything manually, my inbox has gone mental, and I can't keep up. I'm setting up an activation system tomorrow that's automated, so please wait until then to send me anything!

That's also been added to the first post, and also the other one on the 4th page. Please bear with me!
    I would read this literally right after donating and emailing. Fack. Oh well, I'll just be patient I guess!

Default Just paid and anxious to receieve convergance :)
    i just paid about 10 minutes ago and i cant wait to have my phone running this beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by jcksnftsn View Post
    My apologies, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining or just lob some bombs over the fence without throwing out something more helpful. It's not that I don't like Convergance, in fact I love it so far.
    Having said that the crashes I was experiencing early have completely stopped since I disabled Convergance, since no one else is reporting issue I'm guessing I have some sort of conflict between other apps / tweaks. Any suggestions on an app for error logging to get more insight into what is happening?
    It does seem that the battery was draining pretty quickly as well with Convergance enabled but I'm thinking this was due at least in part to the fact that it wasn't sleeping correctly. This isn't a deal breaker for me but it would be nice to see it optimized and I can do some additional testing to see what sort of difference we are actually looking at.

Thanks for your work, it looks fantastic.
    No worries mate, it doesn't sound like you were complaining at all - I'll be explaining that previous post in more detail shortly.

With the crashing, the best thing to use right now is Crash Reporter. In the next update, I'll be adding a dependancy on it to make sure everyone has it installed, which will make bug reporting easier. With the reports, I do read everything single one that comes in, whether on here, Twitter, reddit or email - I may not always reply, but be sure that I've read it If it's possible to do any energy testing your end, that would be fantastic please, as I'm not seeing any issues this end since both my devices are often plugged in for development.

Now, my previous post.

To be truthful, I wasn't expecting this level of interest in Convergance. As a result, I've not adequately planned for this! Doing all the activations manually seemed to work fine, as I was able to keep on top of it. However, in the past few days, it's gone a little crazy. Every day when I get back home I spend about 2-3 hours simply activating everyone, but recently it's been more like 3-4 over the course of the evening. So, I've not been able to keep up with it!

To be able to keep up, I've started on an automatic system with (hopefully) the help of the amazing GroovyCarrot (no homo mate). It's going to essentially be a form where you enter all your details and everything is sent to the appropriate server (mine for the Cydia ID #, and Groovy's for the UDID). However, to have time to achieve this, I'm not going to doing any activations until it's up. The ones that have come through before now will be done ASAP - I've enlisted the help of a family member.

TL;DR I'm working on automating activations, try not to send me activations before it's done.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-01-14), jawonder (2014-01-14), Simon (2014-01-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry Mark, for me it's the same like salander85 posted a few minuten ago...
    I'am sorry that i haven't read your post about the changes for the activation process..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that. The bug was fixed in this morning's (UK time) beta, I wasn't able to get it out before heading to sleep.

if you take off the jailbreak Apple should replace it for you at no cost, as you've only had it a week.

To repeat what King asked, what's happened to the screen?
    I plan on restoring it this afternoon after work and bringing it back to the TMO store that I bought it from. Hopefully they can get me a replacement.

I don't have another camera, but there's now a large white area that doesn't show anything in the upper right corner near the power button. Touch still works on it, so I can poke around and eventually hit a button.

Like I said, using beta software can be dangerous, and I knew that going into jailbreaking my device.

Quote Originally Posted by grobc View Post
    Sorry Mark, for me it's the same like salander85 posted a few minuten ago...
    I'am sorry that i haven't read your post about the changes for the activation process..
    No worries, it will get activated, just please bear with me. I've put up this post to try and limit the amount that come through whilst I'm getting this done!

Also, no offense intended at all, but it's Matt I've noticed there's a couple of blogs also calling me Mark, not entirely sure why! Either way though, don't worry about it, just thought I should mention it

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    I plan on restoring it this afternoon after work and bringing it back to the TMO store that I bought it from. Hopefully they can get me a replacement.

I don't have another camera, but there's now a large white area that doesn't show anything in the upper right corner near the power button. Touch still works on it, so I can poke around and eventually hit a button.

Like I said, using beta software can be dangerous, and I knew that going into jailbreaking my device.
    Woah. Coming from a repair background that sounds like nothing I've ever seen! Fingers crossed for you that it gets replaced.

I payed today so I believe I have to wait a bit right!

Quote Originally Posted by titi777 View Post
    I payed today so I believe I have to wait a bit right!
    Not too long, I'm going to be trying my absolute best to get this system done tomorrow, so with any luck it should be maximum 36 hours

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-16)

Thanks

What are you doing know ? Any trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by DoGi114 View Post
    What are you doing know ? Any trailer?
    Right now, I'm just about to head to bed, had a stressful day!

Convergance, I'm fixing two major crashes with biteSMS and phone calls, uploading them tomorrow as soon as I'm home, then working more on automated activations

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-16)

Thanks

So the next beta after this it'll be working on more than one notification per app ?

EDIT: also what's the reason for iOS getting slow with this tweak being on ?
    Last edited by DoGi114; 2014-01-14 at 02:01 AM.

Really love the look of this tweak. I'll probably wait until the finished version is released before I buy it, my phone is important to me and don't really like to mess around with stuff in beta!

Nice work

Please be patient guys, Matt is working very hard to sort all the issues. Keep in mind that this is a beta and part of the beta is to report the issues. If you can replicate a problem, please inform him. If you are having issues, please install Crash Reporter in Cydia and send crash logs and/or syslogs to him. Best way is through Cydia as he will get you device info too and please include a brief explanation of the issues.

Thanks to all the support here and hang tight!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-01-14), jawonder (2014-01-14), Matchstic (2014-01-14)

I paid money for it before reading the automatic activation system, I'll still get activated tho right?

Hopefully the activation system gets up ASAP, I think im ready to buy Convergance

Just a couple of questions:
    1. Can we totally disable the toggles page? (so swiping right can still unlock the device)

2. Can we make swipe left or even right (once toggle page is removed) to open Notes or any other app? (Dont think this is possible, but could be an idea for a new feature!)
    Last edited by Adz2010; 2014-01-14 at 12:21 PM.

Default Battery Drain
    Hello ! Hope this helps

I think i found what is causing a battery drain. To check, i installed Battery Life from Cydia.

1 - I installed only convergance : average discharge is -100-110 mA
    2 - Then i installed BatteryStats : average discharge is -300 mA !, phone heating
    3 - I uninstalled BatteryStats and installed RAMStats : average discharge is back to -120 mA

So i think BatteryStats is causing some damage to the battery, and perhaps making the phone slow ?

If anyone can confirm (or not) that ?

alx
    Last edited by alxtribal; 2014-01-14 at 11:22 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alxtribal For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-01-14), The.Drifter (2014-01-14)

Very nice ! Just donate.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (2014-01-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just donated

Quote Originally Posted by alxtribal View Post
    Hello ! Hope this helps

I think i found what is causing a battery drain. To check, i installed Battery Life from Cydia.

1 - I installed only convergance : average discharge is -100-110 mA
    2 - Then i installed BatteryStats : average discharge is -300 mA !, phone heating
    3 - I uninstalled BatteryStats and installed RAMStats : average discharge is back to -120 mA

So i think BatteryStats is causing some damage to the battery, and perhaps making the phone slow ?

If anyone can confirm (or not) that ?

alx
    Those are the old versions. Try InfoStats, it combines both tweaks into one. Same dev too

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Just because I don't want to miss out, will I need to fill out the activation form or will my email be enough?

Not rushing! Just want to be informed! Thanks!

Page 14 of 162 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast