Page 76 of 417 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Quote Originally Posted by dudeski View Post
    fyi

pinning winterboard causes safe mode
    not here yo

Just realised this is my first post, Hi everyone!

Hello, I think I may be a bit silly, I have looked through all of the pages and not found a solution, I have followed all of the guides, done plenty of restores, tried disabling mobile substrate plugins with no luck. I had this greta theme running on 4.3.3 on my iPhone 4. I decided to do a tethered update for my phone on iOS 5 anytime I try to use the theme it goes into safe mode. The only thong i have noticed is when i restored my phone and installed it from scratch it worked but then I installed some things my: original apps, sb settings app sync etc.... it was all working fine then i started pinning icons and respringing the phone. it was fine.... then all of a sudden I pinned Skype and it went into safe mode and would not go back to the theme. had to delete it with disk aid.

Props to all the makers of this theme it is amazing. If any one could help it would be great, if not its fine, maybe an update will come that will fix these issues but until then I'm confused dot com

Thanks Again!

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmobbin View Post
    Just realised this is my first post, Hi everyone!

Hello, I think I may be a bit silly, I have looked through all of the pages and not found a solution, I have followed all of the guides, done plenty of restores, tried disabling mobile substrate plugins with no luck. I had this greta theme running on 4.3.3 on my iPhone 4. I decided to do a tethered update for my phone on iOS 5 anytime I try to use the theme it goes into safe mode. The only thong i have noticed is when i restored my phone and installed it from scratch it worked but then I installed some things my: original apps, sb settings app sync etc.... it was all working fine then i started pinning icons and respringing the phone. it was fine.... then all of a sudden I pinned Skype and it went into safe mode and would not go back to the theme. had to delete it with disk aid.

Props to all the makers of this theme it is amazing. If any one could help it would be great, if not its fine, maybe an update will come that will fix these issues but until then I'm confused dot com

Thanks Again!
    Try following the guide I posted on how to install the .deb correctly. It's on page 64, post #1271. It works if you follow it.

What about Safari. Anyone having problems pinning that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by verdisQUO View Post
    What about Safari. Anyone having problems pinning that?
    Strange, what problem are you having? Safari was pinned by default when you first installed OS7. Are you using a different tile set that you copied over?

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Strange, what problem are you having? Safari was pinned by default when you first installed OS7. Are you using a different tile set that you copied over?
    Cancel that. Don't know wtf I was talking about. Obviously you can't pin something that's already been pinned. *doh!*

And I can't search. Seriously. I'm going to contact the site admin. Tried on multiple machines across other browsers.
    Last edited by verdisQUO; 2011-10-25 at 04:12 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by verdisQUO View Post
    Cancel that. Don't know wtf I was talking about. Obviously you can't pin something that's already been pinned. *doh!*

And I can't search. Seriously. I'm going to contact the site admin. Tried on multiple machines across other browsers.
    I was having the same problem... search thread isn't working properly.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buelercuber View Post
    I know someone has solved this, but i can't find it... it's a problem with the time tile, it is black, when before it was white. how do i fix this?
    Go back a page or two sir

iPhone? More like MyPhone dudeski's Avatar
    Thanks

who wants to be awesome and tell me how to fix the calendar tile not updating

Try following the guide I posted on how to install the .deb correctly. It's on page 64, post #1271. It works if you follow it.
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that already and had no luck. maybe I will try again.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that already and had no luck. maybe I will try again.

Thanks
    Im gonna guess that since you had this running on IOS4.3.3 that you are using your old tile set from before?
    Try not using your old tile set first, then try pinning the apps and see if that fixes it. If it does fix it then some of your old tiles are giving you problems. If you did backup your old tiles and reapplied them to the new OS7, try checking the permissions and ownerships of the tiles you copied. If you can narrow down which tile in particular causes your problem we can then take it a little further and either fix that tile or replace it with a working one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Blackmobbin (2011-10-25)

Im gonna guess that since you had this running on IOS4.3.3 that you are using your old tile set from before?
    Try not using your old tile set first, then try pinning the apps and see if that fixes it. If it does fix it then some of your old tiles are giving you problems. If you did backup your old tiles and reapplied them to the new OS7, try checking the permissions and ownerships of the tiles you copied. If you can narrow down which tile in particular causes your problem we can then take it a little further and either fix that tile or replace it with a working one.
    Thank you very much!! I took your guidance and re installed OS7, did not restore my old tiles, instead I downloaded them again and re applied them, haven't had one safe mode since! I bet it was an old tile conflicting like you said.

Just wanted to ask, not sure if its anything to do with you? The Large Facebook live tile fscan seems to not scan profile pics anymore since iOS5 just shows many Facebook logos?

Thanks again!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackmobbin For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2011-10-25)

Thanks

Thank you very much!! I took your guidance and re installed OS7, did not restore my old tiles, instead I downloaded them again and re applied them, haven't had one safe mode since! I bet it was an old tile conflicting like you said.

Just wanted to ask, not sure if its anything to do with you? The Large Facebook live tile fscan seems to not scan profile pics anymore since iOS5 just shows many Facebook logos?

Thanks again!

Glad you got it running and Im glad that I could help you
    As for the facebook tile, Im not sure if anybody had a chance to fix it yet or not.
    Im sure somebody else can give you a hand with that

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Blackmobbin (2011-10-25)

hey
    what am i doing wrong?
    i downloaded the deb and installed it with ifile and went to dreamboard and pressed OS7 - i get "Runtime Error theme plist not found"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by james341 View Post
    hey
    what am i doing wrong?
    i downloaded the deb and installed it with ifile and went to dreamboard and pressed OS7 - i get "Runtime Error theme plist not found"
    It sounds like you forgot to REBOOT after you installed it.
    Try following the guide I posted on how to install the .deb correctly. It's on page 64, post #1271. It works if you follow it
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-10-25 at 10:42 PM.

It sounds like you didnt remove your old version of OS7, OR that you forgot to REBOOT after you installed it.
    Try following the guide I posted on how to install the .deb correctly. It's on page 64, post #1271. It works if you follow it
    It does. REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to verdisQUO For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2011-10-25)

Does anyone also know why the os7 winterboard theme is not working? Is this because ios5 has different names for ui files?
    Last edited by Blackmobbin; 2011-10-25 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks

Does anyone also know why the os7 theme is not working? Is this because ios5 has different names for ui files?
    Not quite sure what you mean by not working. Can you be a little more specific as to whats not working? I know winterboard themes are being upgraded to work with IOS5 because of certain file names and locations.

Not quite sure what you mean by not working. Can you be a little more specific as to whats not working? I know winterboard themes are being upgraded to work with IOS5 because of certain file names and locations.
    Sorry. I mean for example the status bar icons are not changing. Ui sounds are fine. But most ui images have not changed. Thanks

Thanks

Sorry. I mean for example the status bar icons are not changing. Ui sounds are fine. But most ui images have not changed. Thanks
    Yes, that theme will need to be updated to IOS5. Apple has a way of changing things around each time they release a new IOS. A little patience and soon enough the jailbreak community devs will update their themes and tweaks to IOS5. Remember that it's only been a few weeks since IOS5 was officially released. We don't even have a untethered jailbreak yet
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-10-25 at 10:05 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Blackmobbin (2011-10-26)

Page 76 of 417 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast