Page 396 of 417 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Quote Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
    Haha thats the same thing I thought when they showed those photos of the new start screen.

I mean for God's sake look at this: Attachment 592981

Could they have made uglier mockups? Even though I don't like the small tiles, it looks like they went out of their way to make those screens look ridiculous. They used orange tiles for a phone with a blue casing...wtf?
    I think it can look nice depending on how you organize and use those small tiles but your right those are not the best choice of colors or arrangement if they want to really "wow" people. How are you liking that Nokia btw?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosTheJackl View Post
    @end
    don't know if you'll respond, but I am curious, are you actually going to continue development on OS7? It would also make sense to skip 8's homescreen considering its OS7 revive.. not 8. What other features do you hope to bring to this theme?
    I don't think he will, on the metroon thread he said he was retiring from jail breaking and theming. Him and bcscustoms

Quote Originally Posted by rhodysurf View Post
    Yes, why?
    Because I'm pretty sure a .dylib file comes from Xcode on a Mac. I just wanted to know if you could edit it with Xcode. And if anyone were to pick up this theme they would have to be pretty familiar with Objective C

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace36 View Post
    Because I'm pretty sure a .dylib file comes from Xcode on a Mac. I just wanted to know if you could edit it with Xcode. And if anyone were to pick up this theme they would have to be pretty familiar with Objective C
    it does, and i would love to pick it up. I would need the source code from end tho to do this. hey end wanna pass it off?

it does, and i would love to pick it up. I would need the source code from end tho to do this. hey end wanna pass it off?
    I wish I knew Objective-C(I don't have a mac), is it a lot different from C++(I am somewhat familiar with C)? Also can't you just use the dylib that comes from the theme itself?
    Last edited by ace36; 2012-06-22 at 01:38 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The concepts are kinda the same but you cant just use that dylib as its already compiled

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rhodysurf For This Useful Post:

ace36 (2012-06-22)

The concepts are kinda the same but you cant just use that dylib as its already compiled
    Thx for the quick response. If u need any help with images or anything like that I can help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem with system hanging
    Hi,

Since jailbreaking 5.1.1 with Absinthe I've been having problems with my phone hanging after accessing after autolock.

This only happens if the phone autolocks while an application is running. When I then re-access the phone the app is still there but no longer reacts, neither does anything else. The only thing that helps is a respring – thanks to sbsettings for that.

With a bit of trial and error it seems to be related to OS7. When I turn off the OS7 dylib via SBsettings the problem is solved.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Renshai; 2012-06-22 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renshai View Post
    Hi,

Since jailbreaking 5.1.1 with Absinthe I've been having problems with my phone hanging after accessing after autolock.

This only happens if the phone autolocks while an application is running. When I then re-access the phone the app is still there but no longer reacts, neither does anything else. The only thing that helps is a respring thanks to sbsettings for that.

With a bit of trial and error it seems to be related to OS7. When I turn off the OS7 dylib via SBsettings the problem is solved.

Any ideas?
    Are you running a lot of live tiles? I used to have a similar issue. My problem was tied to the amount of tile I had on the home screen and how many animated live told I had

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futureryo View Post
    Are you running a lot of live tiles? I used to have a similar issue. My problem was tied to the amount of tile I had on the home screen and how many animated live told I had

No, I've only got two live tiles. The problem is still there if I switch to say metroon or endroid via dreamboard.
    As soon as I disable the OS7 dylib via sbsettings the problem goes away.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renshai View Post
    No, I've only got two live tiles. The problem is still there if I switch to say metroon or endroid via dreamboard.
    As soon as I disable the OS7 dylib via sbsettings the problem goes away.
    Try disabling other dylibs you have installed to see if the problem improves. Sometimes dylibs dont play nice with each other.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try disabling other dylibs you have installed to see if the problem improves. Sometimes dylibs dont play nice with each other.
    That's pretty much what I did with my trial and error approach to finding the "cause" of the problem. As soon as I activated the OS7 mobile substrate addon using sbsettings the problem was back.
    As I said above the problem goes away when I deactivate OS7. If I deactivate the other addons like metroon, lockinfo, movetounlock, winterboard dreamboard etc. but leave OS7 on the problem is back!

However, I'll re-do my test to see.....

After re-doing the test it seems to be the combination of OS7 and Movetounlock that is causing the problem. If I deactivate Movetounlock and leave OS7 on everything seems to be ok.

Thanks for the tip , looks as if I'll have to use the OS7 dylib with lockscreen in future.

Default is it possible to change the font color of the tile display name and badge?
    is it possible to change the font color of the tile display name and badge? Thanks in advance.

Tell me your opinion, please. With this situation where Microsoft won't give to nokia lumias owners WP8, I'm thinkin on buying a nokia lumia 800 or 710 of second hand on ebay, because the prices have fallen a lot. Do you guys think I'm doing a good action, or am I crazy?

Has anyone this weather tile?-2627.swordwhtcombolocscttmbl_lores_40f60255.jpg
    Last edited by txiki77; 2012-06-22 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by txiki77 View Post
    Tell me your opinion, please. With this situation where Microsoft won't give to nokia lumias owners WP8, I'm thinkin on buying a nokia lumia 800 or 710 of second hand on ebay, because the prices have fallen a lot. Do you guys think I'm doing a good action, or am I crazy?
    It all comes down to what YOU want. I would wait and see what the iPhone 5 is like and then make ur move. However, if u are set on a windows phone, i would get one of the new HTC's that's coming out. But hey thats just me :P

Quote Originally Posted by an0nymu55 View Post
    It all comes down to what YOU want. I would wait and see what the iPhone 5 is like and then make ur move. However, if u are set on a windows phone, i would get one of the new HTC's that's coming out. But hey thats just me :P
    Thanks for your opinion, but I don't like very much the iPhones, with my iPod I've enough. And since I saw windows phone 7 I realised that my next phone must had WP7 , I don't know if a nokia or a HTC, but I don't think I'll wait till WP8 is out, for me WP7.8 is enoguh

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    So, seeing how 3.0 will take some time and you've already gone a long time without anything new, I thought you might like this

OS7Revive 3.0 Public Preview 1

Y --> Yes
    N --> No
    ~ --> Yes, but buggy/not fully functional

Old:

Messaging live tile: N
    Lockscreen: Y
    Lockscreen calendar: Y/~
    Lockscreen notifications: N
    Lockscreen album art: N
    Settings: N
    Music live tile: N
    Slideshow live tile: ~
    Calendar live tile: Y/~
    Contact live tile: ~

New:

Third party app support for the lockscreen media controls: Y
    Facebook live tile: ~
    Tilting tiles: Y/~
    App list search: Y/~
    App list alphabetical sections: Y
    App list jump list: Y
    App deletion menu: Y/~ (the function itself works, but if you delete an app it breaks the app list and you'll need to respring)
    New pin menu: Y/~ (especially if you pin a live tile, os7 will hang for a bit when you hit pin)
    New move tiles menu: N
    Full launch animations (app flips in): N

Info:

Facebook Tile:

The Facebook tile uses only pictures of a certain size, so you should neither get blurry images (unless it's a large image that's completely pixelated) nor interface elements. Obviously it uses flip animations and once in a while it will show a larger picture that takes up 4 of the small squares. Like the old one, it uses the Facebook app's image cache, although you won't have to scan it. The tile will update it's image database every 10-15 minutes in a future update. It might give you performance hiccups as of now. The tile is included and set fro Facebook, alternatively you can set it by changing the Info.plist of your tile to this:

Code:
    <dict>
    	<key>isFacebookTile</key>
    	<string>YES</string>
    </dict>
    Slideshow Tile:

The code for the integrated slideshow tile is now

Code:
    <dict>
    	<key>isSlideshowTile</key>
    	<string>YES</string>
    	<key>isLargeTile</key>
    	<string>YES</string>
    </dict>
    App List:

Added alphabetical sections to the app list and added a menu to delete apps from within OS7Revive. If you have a custom name set in your tile's .plist file, the same name will now be used in the app list. I've also added jump lists to to the app list so you can quickly jump between letters.

Lockscreen:

The lockscreen is pretty much the same as before, apart from two new animations. The first animation fades out the lockscreen text when you slide up, the second one breathes some life into the labels that display the artist and the song name when you change to another song. The lockscreen calendar should be working alright, but neither iOS notifications nor WP7-style notifications will be displayed. And the media controls now supports 3rd party apps. Do not set a passcode, as of now the passcode lock interface won't show up and you won't be able to access your phone

General:

If you now quit out of an app, regardless if you launched it from the app list or the tile menu, when you close it you will be brought back to the top of the first page, like it is in WP7.

This version is neither RAM nor performance optimized. It's really only for having a look and playing around a little bit.

I made it independent from the original OS7, so you can have both of them on your phone simultaneously. There might be conflicts between those two, should SB crash or should you get the 'Theme .plist not found' error, disable the one you are not using through SBSettings. If you want to give feedback regarding RAM, make sure you disable the old OS7 first and respring. Also, please don't use any integrated live tiles.

Download:

Put the contents of the folders you downloaded in the directories the folders are named after and reboot.
    OS7Revive Public Preview 1.zip
    Any one was able to launch any application in this theme? Because I've installed it again, and I still not able to launch any app except of calendar and photos :S. If you could help me...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by txiki77 View Post
    Any one was able to launch any application in this theme? Because I've installed it again, and I still not able to launch any app except of calendar and photos :S. If you could help me...
    For this to work, i learned that u had to go to sbsettings and disable the winterboard thing in mobile substrates add-ons.

I'm pretty sure that the only apps that dont work are the default apple apps.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    I think it can look nice depending on how you organize and use those small tiles but your right those are not the best choice of colors or arrangement if they want to really "wow" people. How are you liking that Nokia btw?
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean it looks like it could be arranged nicely, but those screens they showed weren't.

Funny story actually. I ended up trading my Lumia in for the HTC One X. Now that I've heard about WP8 I'm glad I did otherwise I would've gotten a bit screwed. Honestly though, I love the One X more then the Lumia and far more then my iPhone (you have not seen customization/themeing until you've used Android). Apple's going to have to do something really drastic with the next iPhone if I'm going to switch back. Thanks for asking btw.
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikWithNoC For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (2012-06-23)

Quote Originally Posted by an0nymu55 View Post
    For this to work, i learned that u had to go to sbsettings and disable the winterboard thing in mobile substrates add-ons.

I'm pretty sure that the only apps that dont work are the default apple apps.
    You can get tiles to work if you use the plist code for the integrated contact tiles. Of course not practical since they are animated and will slow down device if you use a lot of tiles and also doesn't look that good

Page 396 of 417 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast