Page 365 of 417 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    I have to admit the Lumia 900 look nice but I doubt I will switch from Verizon. Any CDMA devices coming out? I might consider an android device for my next upgrade if the iphone 5 isn't a major upgrade. I got an og motorola droid given to me that i rooted and there were a few real nice os7 themed roms and apps. Once i fixed my iphone though i switched back since it runs a lot smoother. I got a long wait till October for my contract to be up
    yeah the old droids are really slow and laggy, but all the new ones with android 4.0 have very strong CPUs and there's rarely any stuttering.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    OMG, I'm so jealous >: I'm actually so torn between the lumia 900, htc one, and the galaxy nexus... (yes, I'm an android fan on an apple forum. Let the flame begin!) They're all... so... delicious...
    idk I had a galaxy nexus and compared to an iPhone or lumia the build quality is ****

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

OMG, I'm so jealous >: I'm actually so torn between the lumia 900, htc one, and the galaxy nexus... (yes, I'm an android fan on an apple forum. Let the flame begin!) They're all... so... delicious...
    If you get a chance head over to an at&t and try out the lumia it's one thing to see it on youtube or an article and it is a completely different thing to try it first hand, it's so nice

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    idk I had a galaxy nexus and compared to an iPhone or lumia the build quality is ****
    is it? Hmm... The htc one though is built as a one-piece, just like the Lumia. And really, android 4.0 is just so sexy to me... :] and when it isn't... I can just switch out the theme. With the strong CPU that galaxy nexus and htc one has, its doubtful that there will ever be any lag (especially if it's rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by Mkokolis View Post
    If you get a chance head over to an at&t and try out the lumia it's one thing to see it on youtube or an article and it is a completely different thing to try it first hand, it's so nice
    About to go over to a store today and play with one! Trying to decide which color to get, but I'm leaning towards the white one. Only problem is I have to wait longer for that color

is it? Hmm... The htc one though is built as a one-piece, just like the Lumia. And really, android 4.0 is just so sexy to me... :] and when it isn't... I can just switch out the theme. With the strong CPU that galaxy nexus and htc one has, its doubtful that there will ever be any lag (especially if it's rooted)
    Are you talking about the HTC One X? To me it seems like HTC just ripped off Nokia's design for that phone as it looks incredibly similar to the white Nokia Lumia 900 (or 800). I was interested in the One X for a little while, but I'm not completely sold on Android. The app situation is a mess in my opinion. I've read some developers opinions about creating applications for Android devices and they say its a huge pain because of the different resolutions and the different skins (some things need extra coding to work with Samsungs Touchwiz UI for example). That's the biggest problem for me. Sense 4.0 looks good on the One X, but the rest of the apps in the Marketplace aren't going to adopt that as a standard UI. Heck, most of the apps in Google Play (Android Market) haven't even adopted the Holo UI of ICS (partly because very, very, very few phones have gotten the upgrade to ICS yet). These problems coupled with Malware and concern over updates has me very reluctant to switch to Android. I must concede, I do like the open nature of Android though and the many hacks available for it.

WP7 is a good "middle-ground". Beautiful UI, somewhat reliable updates (not to the same level as Apple, but better then Android's), deep social network integration, and its an underdog which I also like. Homebrew support is growing for it, but its still not anywhere near the iPhone's or Androids (I'm hoping the huge push for the Lumia 900 will change this as they are giving them away for free to new customers now).
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

Just got back from the AT&T store and here are my impressions of the Lumia 900:

1. Didn't like the blue/cyan colored model. I feel like that makes changing your tile color outside of blue impossible (and the blue wasn't a very great blue IMO)
    2. Phone felt great in the hand. It was heavier then the iPhone 4 I have, but it feels very solid. This is the best phone I have held since the iPhone 4 has come out, very great design. I am very interested in using a white model as the black was too drab for my tastes
    3. The screen is brilliant. Despite it having a lower resolution then the iPhone 4, I could not tell the difference in most situations. The tiles looked very sharp, websites displayed more content, games looked great, etc. The clear black technology isn't some techno bulls*** either, blacks are literally black. It was almost like looking at an OLED display. This screen is easily as good or better then the iPhone 4's.
    4. The size of the screen is considerably bigger then the iPhone 4's (I'm sure you guys are aware of that) coming in at 4.3 inches. I personally love it. I could still use it with one hand and hit everything with my thumb and typing was sooo much easier on the bigger keyboard.
    5. The phone was incredibly fast and snappy. Do not underestimate the single core processor. Applications loaded up faster on the Lumia 900 then on my iPhone 4 (granted, my iPhone 4 is jailbroken). Switching between apps was fast (the app switching interface needs some refinement though) and general operation showed zero lag
    6. Front facing camera is much better then the iPhone 4's. There wasn't nearly as much graininess.
    7. Rear camera seemed good. I couldn't take the phone outside so I was limited to taking pictures in the AT&T store with limited lighting, but they seemed better then my iPhone 4's
    8. I like the fact that WP7 allows for much more customization with the camera settings. There are a lot of options for controlling the way the pictures are taken right out of the box without the need of an app
    9. Xbox live hub was great (much better then when I used it on my Focus, it has changed since then)
    10. Very loud speakers (good thing)
    11. I like that there is a built in FM Radio
    12. I couldn't test any music playback because none of the reps phone's I used had music on their phones yet (WTF)
    13. LTE is fast as ****
    14. The search button (which brings up Bing) has some very cool features. It can listen to a song that is playing and identify it, bring up all nearby restaurants (with reviews!) and stores and give you directions to them immediately, scan bar codes, CD's, book covers, QR codes, and translate pictures (like you can take a picture of a sign and it can translate the text on the sign to whatever language you want)
    15. It seemed like I had to double press stuff sometimes. Not sure if this was user error or software error. Happened infrequently and was more prone on the first phone I used then on the second which I used at a later time (I'm chalking this up to user error as of now)

So that's all I got to test in my limited time. I was very pleased with the phone, but need to see the white version before I jump ship. The reps I talked to liked the phone a lot; 2 of the 3 liked it better then their current phones (one used a Skyrocket and the other used an iPhone 4).

They also asked me how old I was because they wanted to offer me a job interview Since I'm only 17 they couldn't though I taught them stuff they didn't know WP7 could do (they told me a lot of the reps at their store didn't really know much about the device which is unfortunate).

I hope this is okay to post, I feel it is slightly related to the topic of this thread
    Last edited by ErikWithNoC; 2012-04-01 at 02:29 AM.
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErikWithNoC For This Useful Post:

FringeMän (2012-04-01), kakadua (2012-04-01)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
    About to go over to a store today and play with one! Trying to decide which color to get, but I'm leaning towards the white one. Only problem is I have to wait longer for that color

Are you talking about the HTC One X? To me it seems like HTC just ripped off Nokia's design for that phone as it looks incredibly similar to the white Nokia Lumia 900 (or 800). I was interested in the One X for a little while, but I'm not completely sold on Android. The app situation is a mess in my opinion. I've read some developers opinions about creating applications for Android devices and they say its a huge pain because of the different resolutions and the different skins (some things need extra coding to work with Samsungs Touchwiz UI for example). That's the biggest problem for me. Sense 4.0 looks good on the One X, but the rest of the apps in the Marketplace aren't going to adopt that as a standard UI. Heck, most of the apps in Google Play (Android Market) haven't even adopted the Holo UI of ICS (partly because very, very, very few phones have gotten the upgrade to ICS yet). These problems coupled with Malware and concern over updates has me very reluctant to switch to Android. I must concede, I do like the open nature of Android though and the many hacks available for it.

WP7 is a good "middle-ground". Beautiful UI, somewhat reliable updates (not to the same level as Apple, but better then Android's), deep social network integration, and its an underdog which I also like. Homebrew support is growing for it, but its still not anywhere near the iPhone's or Androids (I'm hoping the huge push for the Lumia 900 will change this as they are giving them away for free to new customers now).
    I dunno, I haven't really had a problem with the different styles of different apps while I was using android, and the customizable themes are a definite plus.
    Again, the lumia 900 is also very very tempting...

1. Didn't like the blue/cyan colored model. I feel like that makes changing your tile color outside of blue impossible (and the blue wasn't a very great blue IMO)
    2. Phone felt great in the hand. It was heavier then the iPhone 4 I have, but it feels very solid. This is the best phone I have held since the iPhone 4 has come out, very great design. I am very interested in using a white model as the black was too drab for my tastes
    3. The screen is brilliant. Despite it having a lower resolution then the iPhone 4, I could not tell the difference in most situations. The tiles looked very sharp, websites displayed more content, games looked great, etc. The clear black technology isn't some techno bulls*** either, blacks are literally black. It was almost like looking at an OLED display. This screen is easily as good or better then the iPhone 4's.
    4. The size of the screen is considerably bigger then the iPhone 4's (I'm sure you guys are aware of that) coming in at 4.3 inches. I personally love it. I could still use it with one hand and hit everything with my thumb and typing was sooo much easier on the bigger keyboard.
    5. The phone was incredibly fast and snappy. Do not underestimate the single core processor. Applications loaded up faster on the Lumia 900 then on my iPhone 4 (granted, my iPhone 4 is jailbroken). Switching between apps was fast (the app switching interface needs some refinement though) and general operation showed zero lag
    6. Front facing camera is much better then the iPhone 4's. There wasn't nearly as much graininess.
    7. Rear camera seemed good. I couldn't take the phone outside so I was limited to taking pictures in the AT&T store with limited lighting, but they seemed better then my iPhone 4's
    8. I like the fact that WP7 allows for much more customization with the camera settings. There are a lot of options for controlling the way the pictures are taken right out of the box without the need of an app
    9. Xbox live hub was great (much better then when I used it on my Focus, it has changed since then)
    12. I couldn't test any music playback because none of the reps phone's I used had music on their phones yet (WTF)
    13. LTE is fast as ****
    14. The search button (which brings up Bing) has some very cool features. It can listen to a song that is playing and identify it, bring up all nearby restaurants (with reviews!) and stores and give you directions to them immediately, scan bar codes, CD's, book covers, QR codes, and translate pictures (like you can take a picture of a sign and it can translate the text on the sign to whatever language you want)
    15. It seemed like I had to double press stuff sometimes. Not sure if this was user error or software error. Happened infrequently and was more prone on the first phone I used then on the second which I used at a later time (I'm chalking this up to user error as of now)

So that's all I got to test in my limited time. I was very pleased with the phone, but need to see the white version before I jump ship. The reps I talked to liked the phone a lot; 2 of the 3 liked it better then their current phones (one used a Skyrocket and the other used an iPhone 4).

They also asked me how old I was because they wanted to offer me a job interview Since I'm only 17 they couldn't though I taught them stuff they didn't know WP7 could do (they told me a lot of the reps at their store didn't really know much about the device which is unfortunate).

I hope this is okay to post, I feel it is slightly related to the topic of this thread
    Very nice, thanks for the review xD I don't quite like the blue/cyan one either... It really messes with the whole tile color thing =P
    The search function was news to me, I haven't heard about that... Seems to be very very useful... Now I want it even more... xD
    Last edited by sinsinkun; 2012-04-01 at 02:34 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sinsinkun For This Useful Post:

ErikWithNoC (2012-04-01)

Hey guys,

I use to follow Os7 Revive from the very earlier days. I was just wondering is the final release out yet? as I've finally got my iPhone back from an epic adventure where I've been without it for nearly a year. And as I've just finished jailbreaking, all i need now is os7revive back in my life.
    Can anyone direct me to the most recent release thats most stable for the iPhone 4?
    Kind Regards in Advance,
    Aihehe

Thanks

13. LTE is fast as ****

Very nice write up and I agree I wanted to white but I got the. Lack because I couldn't stand the fact that I wouldnt have this phon on launch especially since I have been waiting for it since ces 2012 but I did like the black as well I just hope with Nokia pushing all these phones and all of htc's new windows phone that the market for it will grow because in my opinion it has the potential of going above and beyond ios and android

Quote Originally Posted by aihehe View Post
    Hey guys,

I use to follow Os7 Revive from the very earlier days. I was just wondering is the final release out yet? as I've finally got my iPhone back from an epic adventure where I've been without it for nearly a year. And as I've just finished jailbreaking, all i need now is os7revive back in my life.
    Can anyone direct me to the most recent release thats most stable for the iPhone 4?
    Kind Regards in Advance,
    Aihehe
    Download it from cydia I believe that's the newest version

Sorry, if someone else could take over the UI winter board theming it would be great. I got the message about the music buttons and video icons. I'm realty busy on another project and cant spend my time here. I check in daily just to see if there's a full OS7 3.0 out and I hope that happens pre WP8 as I don't think that will actually be for a while. Anyway, I hope my project will please some OS7 enthusiasts. I'll PM @End with a preview to try and get his blessing once finalized. BTW it is not a theme but an app and I will post all my 50 free codes mostly here.

Quote Originally Posted by distearth View Post
    Sorry, if someone else could take over the UI winter board theming it would be great. I got the message about the music buttons and video icons. I'm realty busy on another project and cant spend my time here. I check in daily just to see if there's a full OS7 3.0 out and I hope that happens pre WP8 as I don't think that will actually be for a while. Anyway, I hope my project will please some OS7 enthusiasts. I'll PM @End with a preview to try and get his blessing once finalized. BTW it is not a theme but an app and I will post all my 50 free codes mostly here.
    In addintion to what he said please post a new preview please @End alot want to see your bothe projects just a quick video of bothe of how ther working out to look like
    Last edited by chewy1283x; 2012-04-01 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aihehe View Post
    Hey guys,

Kind Regards in Advance,
    Aihehe
    This theme seems dead without any attention from Endfinity in a long time. Too bad he shifted his efforts to something else. I guess he got bored with it.

Thanks

this is one really good review for the Lumia 900, think you should repost it somewhere else, so more people good read it as an real review and not that kinda on side of the thread

but honestly, i'm really thinking now about jumping ship to Lumia 900 if the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 (or iOS 5.2, we'll see what they will make...) isn't what i'm waiting for, since there is one reason why i'm using this theme and for this haven't updated to iOS 5.1 and going back to default...

so, thanks for this review! thumbs up!

PS: sorry for cutting your post, thought it would be easier for the side to scroll down and so, think ya'll know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FringeMän View Post
    this is one really good review for the Lumia 900, think you should repost it somewhere else, so more people good read it as an real review and not that kinda on side of the thread

but honestly, i'm really thinking now about jumping ship to Lumia 900 if the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 (or iOS 5.2, we'll see what they will make...) isn't what i'm waiting for, since there is one reason why i'm using this theme and for this haven't updated to iOS 5.1 and going back to default...

so, thanks for this review! thumbs up!

PS: sorry for cutting your post, thought it would be easier for the side to scroll down and so, think ya'll know what i mean
    I myself feel weird jumping ship although I'll still have my ipod touch 4 I don't think it will be the same as using the theme on my iphone 4s also why would I when I have a wp7 now but we'll see, I have also had an iphone since the 3G so it's a pretty big change for me

Quote Originally Posted by might01 View Post
    This theme seems dead without any attention from Endfinity in a long time. Too bad he shifted his efforts to something else. I guess he got bored with it.
    look though the pages before 2.1.2 mate, end rarely ever comes in unless he's got a release. That's just what he does. He's busier now that he's got two themes in the works, true, but I don't think he's gonna leave this theme until he at least pushes out 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 506 Posts

I'll create another thread for this theme once it's near completion and I'll post the link here when that's the case

Last edited by EndFinity; 2012-04-01 at 05:40 PM.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

2k1 (2012-04-02), anja31 (2012-04-02), bcscustom (2012-04-01), ByteArt (2012-04-01), coconutxyz (2012-04-02), fallenzx (2012-04-02), Jdot1224 (2012-04-01), kakadua (2012-04-02), txiki77 (2012-04-01)

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    I'll create another thread for this theme once it's near completion and I'll post the link here when that's the case
    Looking good End, I have a ton of icons and wallpapers ready to go for it!!

Also on a side note, I changed up my tiles for iOS7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUZHwKlIuQ&feature=youtube_gdata

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runt For This Useful Post:

2020shyboy (2012-04-02), EndFinity (2012-04-01)

omy god end, that looks amazing x.x I especially love your tile customization abilities... Really nice :] can't wait (y)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sinsinkun For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (2012-04-01)

[
    Last edited by Runt; 2012-04-02 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (2012-04-02)

Page 365 of 417 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast