Page 36 of 417 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Thanks

windows 8 feels more like a tablet OS. feels a little strange with a mouse
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Hate to say it, but he's right
    and why is it that u hate to say it so much?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    windows 8 feels more like a tablet OS. feels a little strange with a mouse
    it is a tablet OS, thats the point...
    honestly they should have just called it like miniWindows or something

Yep. But is there any way to change the background of the metro UI section? The green one is just fugly
    the metro UI isnt even available. (on the homescreen)

@EndFinity: any other changes which will be included in coming update?

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    and why is it that u hate to say it so much?
    the metro UI isnt even available. (on the homescreen)
    I don't really hate it, it's just not an OS that I'd put on anything without a touchscreen. Scrolling the home page with a scroll wheel feels just weird (could be cool with the magic trackpad, though). Secondly I say MS should have strict design guidelines in terms of icons, because having a pile of icons that just don't match (like it is right now) ruins the clean look of the metro UI.

And yeah, I was talking about the new home screen with the tiles, if they don't change the aero style desktop to metro, they seriously screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by iWoocash View Post
    @EndFinity: any other changes which will be included in coming update?

Cheers
    Here's pretty much what I'm working on:

Wallpaper picker (done)
    Custom tile background image picker (in the works)
    transparent options for existing tile colors (in the works)
    small integrated music live tile (done)
    large integrated music live tile with buttons (in the works)
    panoramic wallpaper (just maybe)

@EndFinity: Any way to made something like spotlight? You surely know what I'm talking about.

By the way, any chance to make working HUBs like pages?

In ZUNE HD dreamboard theme, author made something like metro hubs - if you dont saw it, you can download it and check by yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iWoocash View Post
    @EndFinity: Any way to made something like spotlight? You surely know what I'm talking about.

By the way, any chance to make working HUBs like pages?

In ZUNE HD dreamboard theme, author made something like metro hubs - if you dont saw it, you can download it and check by yourself.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But having a clean and fully integrated spotlight search is much more complicated then it seems at first. Same with hubs, and from what I've seen the ZUNE HD hubs are pre created and my goal would it be to have the user to be able to create as many as desired and that isn't what I'd call easy, either. I'll work on both of those things eventually, but again, I won't make any promises

Thanks for reply Personally I think you made a big piece of good job, but for sure you heard it many times.

I'm looking forward on this project and used it from beginning, try to mod by myself (but I made just a small modification, so it's nothing).

Take care ; )

I don't really hate it, it's just not an OS that I'd put on anything without a touchscreen. Scrolling the home page with a scroll wheel feels just weird (could be cool with the magic trackpad, though). Secondly I say MS should have strict design guidelines in terms of icons, because having a pile of icons that just don't match (like it is right now) ruins the clean look of the metro UI.

And yeah, I was talking about the new home screen with the tiles, if they don't change the aero style desktop to metro, they seriously screwed up.

Here's pretty much what I'm working on:

Wallpaper picker (done)
    Custom tile background image picker (in the works)
    transparent options for existing tile colors (in the works)
    small integrated music live tile (done)
    large integrated music live tile with buttons (in the works)
    panoramic wallpaper (just maybe)
    Wallpaper picker and panoramic wallpaper and small and/or large integrated music live tile is what I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by J7AYU View Post
    No go there KY still got the border around the edge it just made the image bigger. Thanks for trying tho .
    Here's what the tile looks like now KuanYu. Dunno why the border won't disappear? :S Couldn't upload the pic yesterday had a **** signal in work.

Fixed it now . Copied some code from the iPod tile, that seemed to do the trick .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1316156020.097671.jpg  
    Last edited by J7AYU; 2011-09-16 at 09:59 AM.

Huh? Windows 8 beta is out?
    Watched a Preview Video of Windows 8, and I don't like it too
    I'll stick with Windows 7 =\
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-09-16 at 10:52 AM.

Made a few animated notified icons

Could you please stop giving false informations about Win 8 and get back to Os7 ?

Lol...They're not false informations.
    Check this out

Windows 8 is definitely true

Anyways, so Microsoft is going to make the Windows 8 like OS7, with live tiles.
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-09-16 at 03:15 PM.

I don't need to watch any video because I'm using right now the developer preview and, as it says, it's just a DEVELOPER PREVIEW.
    It's a "demo" to show Metro interface to developers and let them write new applications using the "Metro style".

Windows 8 will have two different interfaces, the standard one and "Immersive" (the Metro-like).

Immersive will be enabled by deafult on mobile systems like a tablet, but on your pc you'll have the standard Windows interface.

Of course, if you want, you can just enable Immersive on your PC and use the standard one on your tablet, you can do anything you want.
    No one is forcing you to use a touch interface with keyboard and mouse.

This is something that haters say to make W8 appear like a mobile OS ported to PC, while it's totally the opposite!
    Microsoft is bringing a DESKTOP OS to tablets, while adding a new interface that will fit better a touchscreen.

Is it clear enough now?

I don't want to argue with you...
    If you disagree with people not liking it, just post your thought here. There is no need for an argument...

No body think its a mobile OS ported.
    Most people say that it's windows 7 with a start screen slapped on top.
    And no one said they didn't like windows, we were saying that the current build sucks. Why? Because it has nothing special.the "immersive " home screen can't even be used
    That's the whole deal. The only cool thing in the current build is the pattern lock.

Hey, think you could share those animated notified icons, tried making few myself but don't look quite as good. Thanks if you can

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post
    Made a few animated notified icons

Quote Originally Posted by elskin View Post
    Hey, think you could share those animated notified icons, tried making few myself but don't look quite as good. Thanks if you can
    Gladly can..trying to figure out why the mobilephone won't animate with notification
    :-/ Is it a bug?
    Also made a cleaner and animated app store icon and working on more moving boxes for cydia

are there any good 2 wide animated weather widgets??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    No body think its a mobile OS ported.
    Most people say that it's windows 7 with a start screen slapped on top.
    And no one said they didn't like windows, we were saying that the current build sucks. Why? Because it has nothing special.the "immersive " home screen can't even be used
    That's the whole deal. The only cool thing in the current build is the pattern lock.
    to be fair IOS 5 is the same as IOS 4 just added things on top.
    but its all the same to me.
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Page 36 of 417 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast