Page 332 of 417 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Alright, I'm in the process of redoing the lock screen and I'd like your opinion on something. In the version that you have, I made it so that I kept the iOS parts of the interface from loading (the unlock bar, top bar and whatnot) but the LS itself did load, so that you could access your default iOS notifications. The problem with this is that it is a very messy solution and sometimes you'll get bugs like the LS not appearing at all. Plus it doesn't look very pretty. So my question is, are the LS notifications really important to you or are you okay with 4 (up from 3) WP7-style notifications at the bottom of the screen? And keep in mind that I'll offer a no-LS version, too.

I'm pro notification. Never had problems with the lockscreen. And I don't want to unlock my phone everytime I get an email to check if it's important or not

2. The Following User Says Thank You to underachiever For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (2012-02-29)

Im definitely all for the WP7 Type notification lockscreen. (:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ImaBoss For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (2012-02-29)

Alright, I'm in the process of redoing the lock screen and I'd like your opinion on something. In the version that you have, I made it so that I kept the iOS parts of the interface from loading (the unlock bar, top bar and whatnot) but the LS itself did load, so that you could access your default iOS notifications. The problem with this is that it is a very messy solution and sometimes you'll get bugs like the LS not appearing at all. Plus it doesn't look very pretty. So my question is, are the LS notifications really important to you or are you okay with 4 (up from 3) WP7-style notifications at the bottom of the screen? And keep in mind that I'll offer a no-LS version, too.
    I do like the idea of 4 WP7-Style but as it is now is good, too. I think this is a WP7 Theme. If peeps want iOS notifications then they should use iOS theme.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to distearth For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (2012-02-29)

A bit of my 2 cents worth.

4 WP-7 style sounds good. But what 4 would they be? i'm guess the standard phone mail sms. For me personally i'll like the 4th to be whatsapp. Of course everyone varies. Just hope there will be a whatsapp icon for the WP-7 style notifications.

And since there won't be notifications on the lock screen, i'm hoping the new lock screen is compatible with 'bulletin' ? That way, i can still see my notifications without unlocking the screen Just a suggestion, in case the new lock screen doesn't work with 'bulletin'

Thanks

i really like the way it is now!

if you get an notification, e g a SMS or an eMail, you just look at your phone and see what they wrote or if its important to reply or not and if the write more than one message, you can see them all, and i btw i didn't got any bugs with the LS... (except for sometimes not showing, directly after a reboot, so i need a respring to "reactivate" it, but thanks god i made a hardware-solution for respringing through activator... ) or what if you're in the shower or so and 3 messages came in? you just glimpse on your LS and see what they wrote and if you need to reply them in an instant or just get your clothes and so on...

so i like them that way (maybe a little theming to make them... black or so, to match the rest UI)

but i see your point, they really don't match the LS as they are now, especially not the popup...

so End, just do what you think would be best for it, i know you'll make it great!

Quote Originally Posted by totalreign View Post

4 WP-7 style sounds good. But what 4 would they be? i'm guess the standard phone mail sms. For me personally i'll like the 4th to be whatsapp. Of course everyone varies. Just hope there will be a whatsapp icon for the WP-7 style notifications.

And since there won't be notifications on the lock screen, i'm hoping the new lock screen is compatible with 'bulletin' ? That way, i can still see my notifications without unlocking the screen Just a suggestion, in case the new lock screen doesn't work with 'bulletin'
    i made a LockscreenIcon for whatsapp (just can't upload them here in this thread neither upload it through megaupload or so, but i could mail it to you if you want to get it)
    Last edited by FringeMän; 2012-02-29 at 03:55 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FringeMän For This Useful Post:

totalreign (2012-02-29)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 506 Posts

The 4 slots are for whatever apps you'd like them to be, they'll be customizable like they are now. And I haven't used bulletin, but the chances that it'll work with the new LS are very low

Could someone link me to the original WP7-UI Winterboard Theme & not ilovemyiphone4's modded one, please? Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by distearth View Post
    Could someone link me to the original WP7-UI Winterboard Theme & not ilovemyiphone4's modded one, please? Thank you.
    Os7 mods thread

I would like 4 slots(maybe 5 but that might be too cluttered) but I don't have a problem the way they are now. If you think they look ugly then you can always just disable them in the notification settings. There is a tweak that take out the transparent black bar behind them and makes it look a little better. I do have a request. Is it possible for the LS to show alarm notification? I recently had to switch to Droid for a few weeks due to some unfortunate events but luckily there are os7 style themes so I didn't loose my metro ui lol. One of the lockscreens i came across had the alarm feature and i liked it. Would that be possible?
    -droid.jpg
    Also after checking out a few very buggy os7 style themes on android, I have a greater appreciation of your theme and am very excited for your next update

@end just a quick video showing a suggestion on game hub whenever you get to that stage. Could it be possible to edit your calendar tile to show multiple events like in the video?

@ End:

I use the no LS version because it conflicts with my passcode... but if the upcoming release doesn't have that problem I'd be all for your idea of the LS

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    I would like 4 slots(maybe 5 but that might be too cluttered) but I don't have a problem the way they are now. If you think they look ugly then you can always just disable them in the notification settings. There is a tweak that take out the transparent black bar behind them and makes it look a little better. I do have a request. Is it possible for the LS to show alarm notification? I recently had to switch to Droid for a few weeks due to some unfortunate events but luckily there are os7 style themes so I didn't loose my metro ui lol. One of the lockscreens i came across had the alarm feature and i liked it. Would that be possible?
    -droid.jpg
    Also after checking out a few very buggy os7 style themes on android, I have a greater appreciation of your theme and am very excited for your next update
    Oh that's true, an alarm clock function is something that I would need... could you maybe work that in, end? Is that possible?

And what android version were you using (and was it rooted? xD), because the ICS seems to be a lot smoother then older versions of android, even without being rooted, and it should be able to run themes much smoother than the old droids :]

The 4 slots are for whatever apps you'd like them to be, they'll be customizable like they are now. And I haven't used bulletin, but the chances that it'll work with the new LS are very low
    Hey end, have you considered starting (on the side when extra time) a windows 8 theme like this?like the metro8 db theme but with live tiles etc.?!

What's the problem with the alarm and a need for a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by distearth View Post
    What's the problem with the alarm and a need for a fix?
    You can't turn off the alarm with the current lockscreen dylib.

Bulletin is NO good
    Try NotifLock, it's been working like a charm on my end, iPhone 4s
    Hope that helps....

End will there be volume control be added to the next update? If not its all good not really important but...it was a thought..

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    Oh that's true, an alarm clock function is something that I would need... could you maybe work that in, end? Is that possible?

And what android version were you using (and was it rooted? xD), because the ICS seems to be a lot smoother then older versions of android, even without being rooted, and it should be able to run themes much smoother than the old droids :]
    A friend of mine gave me his old unrooted motorola droid running android 2.2.3 for $20. Was using the Launcher7 launcher. Served it's purpose while i attempted to fix my iphone(failed screen replacement). Rooting seemed more complicated than jailbreaking too me so didnt bother.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 506 Posts

@end just a quick video showing a suggestion on game hub whenever you get to that stage. Could it be possible to edit your calendar tile to show multiple events like in the video?
    I already have some concepts of the hub and I think mine looks a little prettier And as far as I can see there's only one event on the calendar, or am wrong?

-droid.jpg
    Well the biggest problem for me is not that it's ugly, it's just that it's more buggy. I thought about the alarm display on the LS (I think WP7 just displays a small alarm clock next to the time), but I know that apple doesn't allow it through an API so I'll have to dig through the system headers and try to find all the actions for the alarm clock

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Hey end, have you considered starting (on the side when extra time) a windows 8 theme like this?like the metro8 db theme but with live tiles etc.?!
    Ah, I haven't used 'extra' and 'time' in the same sentence in a long time. No, seriously, I did think about it and I also did some concept interface stuff, but as of now this would be too much. Maybe when I finish this theme, if I ever get that far and if I haven't grown sick of theming by then

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    You can't turn off the alarm with the current lockscreen dylib.
    If my mind didn't play tricks on me this morning I fixed that

Quote Originally Posted by DARKFR0ST View Post
    End will there be volume control be added to the next update? If not its all good not really important but...it was a thought..
    Well I want to keep it as close to WP7 as possible, so not likely, sorry

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

fallenzx (2012-02-29), totalreign (2012-02-29)

@End if you look at it again if fades from event 2 to event 1. Yeah the hub is not the prettiest but just showed it as an example. If you can figure out how to put the alarm notification it would awesome.

Just barely getting around to checking out BcsCustom's overlays. Simple little mod
    -preview.jpg

Page 332 of 417 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast