Page 251 of 417 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
    Mainly demonstrating the new notifications, my modified Notification Center, and my controller layout for gpSPhone. Watch in 720p if you can.

Let me know what you guys think
    Dude Send me your whole setup pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. pretty please. and tell me what to download from Cydia!

Default Extra Info
    Hi Guys/Gals,

First off, I really like this theme since it's creation. Love that so much work was put into it and thanks to all of you for devoting time and making it better. I recently tried the 2.10 and 2.11 on my 4S and absolutely loved it. Can't go without the rotating cube though!

In any case, I had massive battery drain (~5% every 5-10 minutes). This was of great concern and I figure it would be one of the below addons were conflicting with each other. So i restored it from scratch and just installed only Dreamboard, winterboard, and the OS7 modified theme.

Using battery detective these are my findings (I did an average of 5 minutes for 15 minutes):
    With the three Addons, my battery was draining 1-1.20% each minute at a rate of 15 mAH on average.
    With OS7 theme installed, but using the default theme, it was relatively small of a change.
    With OS7 theme uninstalled, the drain went down to ~0.63% per 5 min and about 10 mAH every 5 minutes.
    With everything uninstalled, the drain was about the same. .63% p/5min @ average of 9-10 mAH every 5 mins.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with the battery draining so fast (even with disabling all 95% of services like notification, location, push email, etc..)?

When I had the 5% every 5mins I had all these addons installed:
    1. Lockinfo
    2. Winterboard
    3. iBlacklist
    4. biteSMS
    5. Dreamboard
    6. firewall ip
    7. f.lux
    8. sbsettings
    9. barrel 2
    10. sbrotator 5
    11. springtomize 2

I would like some inputs and suggestions on what I can do to be able to run this theme w/o any issues.

Thanks!
    Last edited by koshia; 2012-01-25 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks

When playing music with the transparent lockscreen, is it normal to have a transparent album cover over your transparent wallpaper and over your WP7 revive icons under that? And after pausing a song, music controls stay on the lockscreen and aren't dismissed by double-clicking home like in previous OS7 versions. Is something wrong or is this just a new thing?

Default Tiles
    Is there anyway to remove the stock iOS 5 animations so I just have the WP7 ones?

Quote Originally Posted by koshia View Post
    Hi Guys/Gals,

First off, I really like this theme since it's creation. Love that so much work was put into it and thanks to all of you for devoting time and making it better. I recently tried the 2.10 and 2.11 on my 4S and absolutely loved it. Can't go without the rotating cube though!

In any case, I had massive battery drain (~5% every 5-10 minutes). This was of great concern and I figure it would be one of the below addons were conflicting with each other. So i restored it from scratch and just installed only Dreamboard, winterboard, and the OS7 modified theme.

Using battery detective these are my findings (I did an average of 5 minutes for 15 minutes):
    With the three Addons, my battery was draining 1-1.20% each minute at a rate of 15 mAH on average.
    With OS7 theme installed, but using the default theme, it was relatively small of a change.
    With OS7 theme uninstalled, the drain went down to ~0.63% per 5 min and about 10 mAH every 5 minutes.
    With everything uninstalled, the drain was about the same. .63% p/5min @ average of 9-10 mAH every 5 mins.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with the battery draining so fast (even with disabling all 95% of services like notification, location, push email, etc..)?

When I had the 5% every 5mins I had all these addons installed:
    1. Lockinfo
    2. Winterboard
    3. iBlacklist
    4. biteSMS
    5. Dreamboard
    6. firewall ip
    7. f.lux
    8. sbsettings
    9. barrel 2
    10. sbrotator 5
    11. springtomize 2

I would like some inputs and suggestions on what I can do to be able to run this theme w/o any issues.

Thanks!
    I to had massive battery drain, it seems like the battery drains 3 times faster than regular, but I guess thats what you sacrafice for such a cool way to display your iphone =)

Quote Originally Posted by allen3nba View Post
    I to had massive battery drain, it seems like the battery drains 3 times faster than regular, but I guess thats what you sacrafice for such a cool way to display your iphone =)
    This is so true.... adds another finesse to the iPhone.

Umm my music player is broke now.. Even w/o OS7 on.. Was fine prior to the Cydia update. Hmm anyone else getting a broke music player? I tried respringing and restarting.. Hmm maybe the new .dyil did this.. Grrr

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Default BcsCustom's Latest Fully Animated Overloaded Setup :)
    Well if a picture is worth a thousand dollars, then a video must be worth a million

What I did here was overload my poor little iPod Touch 4g with everything I could throw at it and it still is running strong

The tiles include:

1 My Custom Animated Weather Widget featuring Fully Animated Weather with a clock and calendar display on one Tile
    14 Tiles that swap backgrounds with 2 images from my Fading Animated Tiles Set
    3 of Endfinity's Integrated Tiles (Contacts, pictures, and music player with controls)
    2 Notification CUBE tiles (Mail and Messages) Messages CUBE active through out the video
    1 Facebook People tile with switching images
    1 ModMyi RSS Feed Tile

So that's 22 fully Animated Tiles bogging my device into the 55-65 Free MB range.

Even being fully loaded with the Notification CUBE active, there is no "Lag" whats so ever as you can see. (even bogged down to this extreme)
    I even opened a app and closed it to show that there is no "Lag" afterwards. ( (for iLovemyiPhone4 )

So even this poor little iPod Touch 4G with 256mb free, fully bogged down with 22 fully Live Tiles can handle this

So I can't imaging how this would perform on a Brand New iPhone 4S I'm jealous of you guys

To see other videos of my Work for this theme just visit my YouTube Channel found here:

bcscustom2's Channel - YouTube

Download links are embedded in the Descriptions

Enjoy

Great theme! Got an issue I couldn't find an answer for. I tried installing 2.1 yesterday and now I get a theme plist not found error when selecting the theme. I have uninstalled dreamboard and the theme several times. I also installed the regular OS7 and OS7 Ultimate themes. They work but Revive still doesn't work after uninstalling the others. Thanks in advance for your help.

How do you get the transparent lock screen with the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Well if a picture is worth a thousand dollars, then a video must be worth a million

What I did here was overload my poor little iPod Touch 4g with everything I could throw at it and it still is running strong

The tiles include:

1 My Custom Animated Weather Widget featuring Fully Animated Weather with a clock and calendar display on one Tile
    3 of Endfinity's Integrated Tiles (Contacts, pictures, and music player with controls)
    2 Notification CUBE tiles (Mail and Messages) Messages CUBE active through out the video
    1 ModMyi RSS Feed Tile

So that's 22 fully Animated Tiles bogging my device into the 55-65 Free MB range.

Even being fully loaded with the Notification CUBE active, there is no "Lag" whats so ever as you can see. (even bogged down to this extreme)
    I even opened a app and closed it to show that there is no "Lag" afterwards. ( (for iLovemyiPhone4 )

So even this poor little iPod Touch 4G with 256mb free, fully bogged down with 22 fully Live Tiles can handle this

So I can't imaging how this would perform on a Brand New iPhone 4S I'm jealous of you guys

To see other videos of my Work for this theme just visit my YouTube Channel found here:

Enjoy
    What have you done to your ipt4 to have that much free mem xD I feel like you just up and removed the entire stock theme and os7 is all that's left :] seriously though, what have you done to it? Removed launchdaemons? Deleted language packs? What is your secret!!

I've got just os7 and sbsettings on, calendar tile, music tile, photo tile, and another 10 tiles other than that I can get a max of 100mb but I can't seem to run music with cut the rope without crashing >.<
    Last edited by sinsinkun; 2012-01-25 at 04:13 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ilovemyiPhone4's Avatar
    Thanks

The tiles include:

1 ModMyi RSS Feed Tile

Enjoy
    i just watched your video bro and mine does exactly that with my animated gif tiles my issue is as in your video the cubes image looses its clarity after exiting an app and the little lag i was seeing i seem to of lost after uninstalling a few tweaks but im still gonna get the 4s hopefully ill see a difference.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovemyiPhone4 For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2012-01-25)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    I'm using the Segoe UI Light font that comes with iNZTW3, it seems to cover the whole system
    any way you could send that to me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    You can go to Cydia, deinstall OS7:Revive and install it again. If it crashes, delete the mobileslideshow folder

2.1.2 didn't fix that issue? Man. Does anyone have that problem and has Syslog installed? If yes, crash log would be great
    Yup still happening

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    What have you done to your ipt4 to have that much free mem xD I feel like you just up and removed the entire stock theme and os7 is all that's left :] seriously though, what have you done to it? Removed launchdaemons? Deleted language packs? What is your secret!!
    First of all, I do NOT recommend running all 22 animated tiles on one setup.

I just made this video to showcase some of my work and what can be achieve with a properly tweaked iPod 4G.
    This is just an overloaded to the extreme example and not recommended to run as shown.

Personally, Im on 2.1.2, and I run 12 tiles on my setup, 2 CUBES, ModMyi feed, Calendar widget 4 static and 4 animated ones.
    Upon bootup with this setup Im getting 75mb free, after it settles for a min it hovers in the 85 mb free range.
    Using SBsetting the first time I free memory I will get around the 110 mb range,
    the second time it jumps to the 125-130 range.
    During use with open apps (it varies from app to app) my device hovers in the 45-110 mb range, games of course will use more. ( I also dont multitask)
    After I close my app it will release the memory and hover back around the 80 mb range until I free up memory again and repeat the cycle.

Now when I reduce the number of tiles down to just 6, I have Hit the 137 MB max. and thats my personal best with this theme, considering Default IOS with dreamboard off and no tweaks get me a max of 165MB free on a ipod touch 4g.

Heres a pic to show you what I mean

-img_0152.png

Now granted nobody wants to run just 6 tiles but as you can see by my free memory, it is possible to run that high.

To achieve this I have to do some tweaking of course.

First of all I don't use any springboard tweaks at all. (other than dreamboard, OS7 and Sbsettings)
    Alot of tweaks to the springboard are irrelevant when OS7 is running so disable them if they don't affect OS7. (example gridlock, barrel etc)
    I don't use color keyboard or winterboard ( I've gotta sacrifice something)
    Next I turn things off in IOS settings that I do not use at the time (bluetooth, location services etc),
    I adjust the spotlight search by unchecking everything (since we can run it with OS7 no need having it active)
    I Enable restrictions to disable Itunes and ping. (got my own sources for music )

so thats the basic stuff....

The advanced stuff involves removing language packs, disabling certain Launch Daemons, tweaking the N81AP.plist and a few other system plists.

All of which I don't recommend messing around with unless you know what your removing and how it affects the device afterwards.

Sorry but I cant tell you exactly what I removed because if you mess up dealing with these files you might have to do a full restore of IOS 5.0.1 to recover, and I'm not going to be responsible for that.

So basically that's what I do, the basic stuff will free up a nice little chunk, the advanced stuff a little more

Hope this helps

Edit: The mobileslideshow does work with OS7 V2.1.2 as seen in the video
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2012-01-25 at 05:35 AM.

First of all, I do NOT recommend running all 22 animated tiles on one setup.

I just made this video to showcase some of my work and what can be achieve with a properly tweaked iPod 4G.
    This is just an overloaded to the extreme example and not recommended to run as shown.

Personally, Im on 2.1.2, and I run 12 tiles on my setup, 2 CUBES, ModMyi feed, Calendar widget 4 static and 4 animated ones.
    Upon bootup with this setup Im getting 75mb free, after it settles for a min it hovers in the 85 mb free range.
    Using SBsetting the first time I free memory I will get around the 110 mb range,
    the second time it jumps to the 125-130 range.
    During use with open apps (it varies from app to app) my device hovers in the 45-110 mb range, games of course will use more. ( I also dont multitask)
    After I close my app it will release the memory and hover back around the 80 mb range until I free up memory again and repeat the cycle.

Now when I reduce the number of tiles down to just 6, I have Hit the 137 MB max. and thats my personal best with this theme, considering Default IOS with dreamboard off and no tweaks get me a max of 165MB free on a ipod touch 4g.

Heres a pic to show you what I mean

-img_0152.png

Now granted nobody wants to run just 6 tiles but as you can see by my free memory, it is possible to run that high.

To achieve this I have to do some tweaking of course.

First of all I don't use any springboard tweaks at all. (other than dreamboard, OS7 and Sbsettings)
    Alot of tweaks to the springboard are irrelevant when OS7 is running so disable them if they don't affect OS7. (example gridlock, barrel etc)
    I don't use color keyboard or winterboard ( I've gotta sacrifice something)
    Next I turn things off in IOS settings that I do not use at the time (bluetooth, location services etc),
    I adjust the spotlight search by unchecking everything (since we can run it with OS7 no need having it active)
    I Enable restrictions to disable Itunes and ping. (got my own sources for music )

so thats the basic stuff....

The advanced stuff involves removing language packs, disabling certain Launch Daemons, tweaking the N81AP.plist and a few other system plists.

All of which I don't recommend messing around with unless you know what your removing and how it affects the device afterwards.

Sorry but I cant tell you exactly what I removed because if you mess up dealing with these files you might have to do a full restore of IOS 5.0.1 to recover, and I'm not going to be responsible for that.

So basically that's what I do, the basic stuff will free up a nice little chunk, the advanced stuff a little more

Hope this helps

Edit: The mobileslideshow does work with OS7 V2.1.2 as seen in the video
    Ahh so there are plists that can be edited to free up memory as well... I'll have to look into that x) I can only get a max of 145mb on the default theme :P I've removed quite a few daemons but haven't really had the guts (nor patience) to remove large amounts of language packs yet... But thanks for the info :] maybe I should disable color keyboard... xD

K I convinced my friend to update to ios 5 for this theme, but when he tried to dl it from cydia, it crashed whenever he opened on DB. Other themes work fine, including stock
    OS7. Is this a known issue or is there a fix? TIA

Thanks

Enjoy
    Wow! Looks great as always Bcs.

Download links - in the descriptions on your YouTube channel? Just not finding them...must.... make.... my phone look like this.

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
    Wow! Looks great as always Bcs.

Download links - in the descriptions on your YouTube channel? Just not finding them...must.... make.... my phone look like this.

Thanks!
    You will have to check each individual video for links if they have them.

The 2 image fade set, both cubes and the weather widget videos have the links in the descriptions.

The animated tile pack and a few others also have links.

Some of the videos are teasers and works in progress so of course they won't have links

Sorry for having you look through 22 videos, but they are there

Enjoy
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2012-01-25 at 06:19 AM.

Just wondering, for bcscustom's messages notification cube, is it possible to do a transparent color tile with no black border? (the black appears when the cube spins). I'm using the darker blue of the custom tile background colors, and transparent tile option is set to on. Thanks!

Page 251 of 417 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast