Page 233 of 417 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: OS7:Revive

  1. #4641
    @jooosieeee Thanks for reply. I soft reset because literally nothing else works. I can still bring up multitasking but nothing I press comes up. SBSettings wont activate either.

  2. #4642
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by T7Seven View Post

    First off I got to say I'm amazed at how far this theme has come since I've been away, really great work from all involved.

    Your cube runs perfectly on my 4s with no lag at all and small impact on ram. I have multiple live tiles, too many in fact, and it still works fine. (trying to find the limits of my phone)
    .
    Perfect feedback I'm glad is works great on the 4S

    I figured it was due the the processor and gpu.

    I guess future Widget Cubes will be for the 4S only.

    Now I'm jealous, gonna have to buy a 4S or maybe the next iPhone 5 to truly run my setup complete with all my animations and multiple Cubes.

    I kinda feel like Microsoft now, releasing software that forces you to upgrade hardware

  3. #4643
    Quote Originally Posted by T7Seven View Post
    @jooosieeee Thanks for reply. I soft reset because literally nothing else works. I can still bring up multitasking but nothing I press comes up. SBSettings wont activate either.
    Really? I don't know what to say, never happened to me :S I can usually just pull down my NC and repsring via SBSettings and then it's back to normal... sorry for not being much help.

  4. #4644
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ilovemyiPhone4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    729
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 272 Times in 164 Posts

    heres what im talking about bcs! this is from a real wp7 i have.


  5. #4645
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by T7Seven View Post
    When switching from OS7 to default I just get a black screen, nothing works, I have to do a soft reset to get out.
    Sometimes a respring hangs, again soft reset is the only way out.
    After successful respring wallpaper and tile background is reset.

    Idk if these are problems caused by the new jailbreak, ios version or the theme itself. I've installed and re-installed both OS7 Revive and DreamBoard.
    Yea, that's a bug in the beta versions, EndFinity has fixed this and many other issues in his next release.

    A respring will get you back to your default IOS.

    So it's not just you, we all have that issue.

  6. #4646
    @bcscustom: thanks for your Notification Wiggle tiles, totally awesome!
    i'm using the phone and SMS one, although I modded the SMS one with the biteSMS 'logo' instead of the WP7 smiley ones.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to jooosieeee For This Useful Post:

    bcscustom (2012-01-22)

  8. #4647
    Livin the iPhone Life Jdot1224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FL/NYC
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 374 Times in 266 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by T7Seven View Post
    When switching from OS7 to default I just get a black screen, nothing works, I have to do a soft reset to get out.
    Sometimes a respring hangs, again soft reset is the only way out.
    After successful respring wallpaper and tile background is reset.

    Idk if these are problems caused by the new jailbreak, ios version or the theme itself. I've installed and re-installed both OS7 Revive and DreamBoard.
    The black screen when switching Dreamboard themes we all get. Since this is still a beta, however you should add the SB settings to the notification center and respring through there..

  9. #4648
    Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post
    Really? I don't know what to say, never happened to me :S I can usually just pull down my NC and repsring via SBSettings and then it's back to normal... sorry for not being much help.
    No problem, just teething trouble I suspect. I only Jailbroke yesterday and haven't put it down since!

  10. #4649
    Livin the iPhone Life Jdot1224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FL/NYC
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 374 Times in 266 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by txiki77 View Post
    I mean if you could upload to any web page (fileshare,z-share...) your OS7 theme folder that you have on Library/Dreamboard, and then I download it and put on my itouch, because I don't know which files should I download.

    If you search this thread BCS has uploaded is mango tiles a bunch of times..Others have uploaded different tiles as well..

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

    bcscustom (2012-01-22)

  12. #4650
    Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it. I think my problem may be related to sbsettings then. I'll look into it, cheers.

  13. #4651
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1001 View Post
    Would it at all be possible to create a .dylib that does NOT require dreamboard? I have an iPod Touch 4G and Apple has blessed me with 256MB of ram. Quite possibly the slowest device I have ever had. On iOS 5, at any time I have a maximum of 100 MB of RAM free. My older iPod Touch 3G has about 150 MB of RAM free. I have removed almost all my MobileSubstrate addons, even SBSettings!

    I find dreamboard slows the entire device a lot. When I have OS7 installed I have about 15-25MB of RAM on the OS7 homescreen. All the apps seem to crash too. I have no idea if this is because of the lack of RAM or a conflicting MobileSubstrate addon. The main reason why I think DreamBoard is the culprit is primarily because I had no RAM issues on the old version of OS7 (released by wynd, I believe). I don't think my RAM shortage is due to OS7:Revive. If a DreamBoard-free version is possible, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Nonetheless, this is fantastic work. OS7:Revive is looking as good as ever, keep up the fantastic work!
    I feel your pain brother xD I'm being as ram efficient as possible. I used to hang around 30mb on this theme too, but now I can get a max of 100mb with sbsettings, this theme (no live tiles mind you), and ilovemyiphone4's massive UI overhaul xD

    You can free up a ton of memory by removing launchdaemons and adding the freemem toggle to sbsettings (available from Cydia). For launchdaemons removal, refer to one of the many many forums dedicated to telling you how to remove them, and which are safe to remove :]

    Cheers!

  14. #4652
    Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Perfect feedback I'm glad is works great on the 4S

    I figured it was due the the processor and gpu.

    I guess future Widget Cubes will be for the 4S only.

    Now I'm jealous, gonna have to buy a 4S or maybe the next iPhone 5 to truly run my setup complete with all my animations and multiple Cubes.

    I kinda feel like Microsoft now, releasing software that forces you to upgrade hardware
    I think the problem lays more with the iOS operating system and Dreamboard itself. WP7 specs aren't even as good as the iPhone 4 and they can run tons of moving tiles. It's not anything we can change since iOS just wasn't meant to run live tiles and WP7 probably has them coded natively. Looks like we just need more processing power to make up for it. I should point out that the 4S still only has 512 mb of ram

  15. #4653
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post
    @bcscustom: thanks for your Notification Wiggle tiles, totally awesome!
    i'm using the phone and SMS one, although I modded the SMS one with the biteSMS 'logo' instead of the WP7 smiley ones.
    Thanks Im glad you like them. However I can't take the credit for those making those particular wiggle tiles, I didn't create them originally, I just included them in the Animations Tile Pack because I had them on my device and thought they were cool enough to pass on. It's almost impossible to search 2 threads to find the original creator to give proper credit. So if the original creator lets me know who they are, I will give the proper credit they deserve

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
    I think the problem lays more with the iOS operating system and Dreamboard itself. WP7 specs aren't even as good as the iPhone 4 and they can run tons of moving tiles. It's not anything we can change since iOS just wasn't meant to run live tiles and WP7 probably has them coded natively. Looks like we just need more processing power to make up for it. I should point out that the 4S still only has 512 mb of ram

    I agree 100%. The ability to code animated tiles natively helps tremendously.

    What the 4S also has that make it more robust is a better processor and GPU than the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4G. So until we can code OS7 natively, our only option to compensate is faster hardware.

    RAM isn't the only just variable involved here, it's the whole combination.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2012-01-22 at 05:59 PM.

  16. #4654
    here are my tiles - no more editing (unless something really good comes out):

    I used Meego's colour spectrum for the BGs and the Notification wiggle tiles for Phone and biteSMS.

    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1327249904.968523.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1327249928.221099.jpg

    I'm not sure if I should remove the apps names or leave them as they are


    this may be a stupid question: but why is RAM so important to most of you? not much of a techwiz FYI :P
    Last edited by jooosieeee; 2012-01-22 at 05:32 PM.

  17. #4655
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ilovemyiPhone4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    729
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 272 Times in 164 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by txiki77 View Post
    I mean if you could upload to any web page (fileshare,z-share...) your OS7 theme folder that you have on Library/Dreamboard, and then I download it and put on my itouch, because I don't know which files should I download.
    im uploading ,mine and posting a zip file like you asked just hold on a bit.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemyiPhone4 For This Useful Post:

    j0k3r (2012-01-22), txiki77 (2012-01-22)

  19. #4656
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyiPhone4 View Post
    heres what im talking about bcs! this is from a real wp7 i have.

    You mentioned flipping 4 pics? I only see in the video a 2 pic flip ? Does it cycle through different pics per flip ?

    Its gonna be difficult making just 2 images back to back during the flip, I haven't figured out how to code that yet

  20. #4657
    Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post
    here are my tiles - no more editing (unless something really good comes out):

    I used Meego's colour spectrum for the BGs and the Notification wiggle tiles for Phone and biteSMS.

    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1327249904.968523.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1327249928.221099.jpg

    I'm not sure if I should remove the apps names or leave them as they are


    this may be a stupid question: but why is RAM so important to most of you? not much of a techwiz FYI :P
    looks good, but I feel like a centralized color would make it look more WP7-y... Just my opinion, it looks nice the way it is x)

    RAM:
    "Random Access Memory (RAM) provides space for your computer to read and write data to be accessed by the CPU (central processing unit). When people refer to a computer's memory, they usually mean its RAM.

    If you add more RAM to your computer, you reduce the number of times your CPU must read data from your hard disk. This usually allows your computer to work considerably faster, as RAM is many times faster than a hard disk.

    RAM is volatile, so data stored in RAM stays there only as long as your computer is running. As soon as you turn the computer off, the data stored in RAM disappears.

    When you turn your computer on again, your computer's boot firmware (called BIOS on a PC) uses instructions stored semi-permanently in ROM chips to read your operating system and related files from the disk and load them back into RAM."
    Last edited by sinsinkun; 2012-01-22 at 05:42 PM.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinsinkun For This Useful Post:

    bcscustom (2012-01-22), jooosieeee (2012-01-22)

  22. #4658
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ilovemyiPhone4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    729
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 272 Times in 164 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post
    here are my tiles - no more editing (unless something really good comes out):

    I used Meego's colour spectrum for the BGs and the Notification wiggle tiles for Phone and biteSMS.

    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1327249904.968523.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1327249928.221099.jpg

    I'm not sure if I should remove the apps names or leave them as they are


    this may be a stupid question: but why is RAM so important to most of you? not much of a techwiz FYI :P
    ram is what makes your device run smoother and not lag. If too much ram is being used it could cause you to be kicked out an app or not open an app. So the more ram the better that is ewhy im waiting for the iphone5 then my username will change. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    You mentioned flipping 4 pics? I only see in the video a 2 pic flip ? Does it cycle through different pics per flip ?

    Its gonna be difficult making just 2 images back to back during the flip, I haven't figured out how to code that yet
    so can you do 2 to flip like in the video i posted?

  23. #4659
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    looks good, but I feel like a centralized color would make it look more WP7-y... Just my opinion, it looks nice the way it is x)
    yeah, I agree, but I quite like that it's not just one colour as well xD
    plus i like that it doesn't go back to the default blue after a respring lol
    Last edited by jooosieeee; 2012-01-22 at 05:51 PM.

  24. #4660
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyiPhone4 View Post

    so can you do 2 to flip like in the video i posted?
    Like I said, I haven't figured out how to to that yet

    I'm sure if I did a little research I could get it to flip that way...

Page 233 of 417 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •