Page 174 of 417 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Quote Originally Posted by might01 View Post
    I'd be satisfied with just the white on black look . Like when you switch your phone to white on black but do it for one specific app or a few apps. Don't really need it to function the same as the actual thing if that's not possible at the moment.
    Unfortunately, like bcscustom said, that's not possible by changing the UI graphics, at least not that I know of. It is possible however, for someone to make a separate messaging application that mimics the WP7 interface (similiar to apps like Muzik), but that would take a lot of work.
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikWithNoC For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2011-12-31)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ilovemyiPhone4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    What your talking about cannot be done with winterboard. Each "app" would have to be rewritten to incorporate the OS7 style on a per app basis. There is no way you can use winterboard to change how apps run, only graphic images. That's quite a undertaking your proposing....
    he i pmd you that wallpaper and you sure it cant be done?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovemyiPhone4 For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2011-12-31)

Thanks

If you read his comment correctly he said "he sees a lot of his work in there", I wasn't hating, just curious as to what he was referring to.

I understand giving credit where it's due, but how far back do I have to go?

So what you are saying is that every time I post a screenshot or video, I got to list everybody who made a piece of it and give them credit since the beginning of time?

That would be one heck of a list.

I'd like to thank:

God for making the color blue
    Graham Bell for making the telephone
    IBM for inventing computers
    Apple for making the device
    ModMyi for having forums
    Wind for making OS7
    Endfinity for making OS7:Revive
    GanMan for making the mods thread, a few tiles and a UI that don't work with IOS 5
    Ilovemyiphone4 for a few tiles and the color keyboard
    LtNachos for editing my images

And anyone else who Contributed that I can't remember.....

And so on and so one.....

Where does it stop? This could get ridiculous. People mod the heck out each others stuff here at ModMyi. That's what spurs innovation and development.

Ilovemyiphone4 was just posting a darn video to show off his setup, it's not like he is selling it, he's giving it away to share so all can enjoy. This way people don't have to search through a outdated mods thread with no support and search through the 3000+ posts on this one to find what they want.

Personally, I get satisfaction by seeing my stuff posted on other peoples setups, that don't mean that every time I see it I want credit. I don't do it for the thanks or credit.

If you post something publicly, expect people to use it and mod it, that's why you posted it in the first place. Dont expect credit, you probably wont get it. What's more rude than not giving credit? How about posting something you created, get 500+ downloads and not getting one "Thanks".

That's the way it is and always will be.

As jdot1224 reminds us every time he posts "begging for thanks is tacky", so is begging for credit!
    Lol!!! You make a great point, but you left out mom and dad for giving you life sheeh!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2011-12-31), GaN-MaN (2011-12-31), LtNachos (2011-12-31)

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyiPhone4 View Post
    he i pmd you that wallpaper and you sure it cant be done?
    It can be done, but on a per app basis. Winterboard cannot change the way a app was originally written. Muzik, Pics and the twitter client were written from scratch to look like that. They were not modded from the original apple apps.
    So yes, I'm sure you can't make an all in one UI in winterboard that changes how apps work, only some graphical elements with the app itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    Lol!!! You make a great point, but you left out mom and dad for giving you life sheeh!!
    Now that's just too funny

Thanks for making my day
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-12-31 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks

where do i go to edit tiles and what not?

Thanks

It can be done, but on a per app basis. Winterboard cannot change the way a app was originally written. Muzik, Pics and the twitter client were written from scratch to look like that. They were not modded from the original apple apps.
    So yes, I'm sure you can't make an all in one UI in winterboard that changes how apps work, only some graphical elements with the app itself.

Now that's just too funny

Thanks for making my day
    Not really looking for function similar to those apps. Just the look of white on black at this point would be nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elitejelly View Post
    where do i go to edit tiles and what not?
    User/Library/OS7/Tiles/

Make a folder for your app using its bundle ID, include a info.plist (you can copy one from another app already within the Tiles Folder) and a Tile.png (or a [email protected]) image you want to display on the tile.

For tile backgrounds and wallpaper go to User/Library/OS7/Images/ and you will see a backgrounds and wallpaper folder. Just replace the ones already there with ones you would like to use for your setup.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-12-31 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by might01 View Post
    Not really looking for function similar to those apps. Just the look of white on black at this point would be nice.
    thats basically what ive been talking about lol. thats why i say i know its gotta be possible bc ive seen it done in certain themes before.

Thanks

thats basically what ive been talking about lol. thats why i say i know its gotta be possible bc ive seen it done in certain themes before.
    Well there you go, you have a reference point to start from if you have seen it before on other themes. Do what everybody else does and download that theme and see how that themer coded it , then mod it to use in your particular situation

Just give props if you do release it so peoples feelings wont be hurt

Sorry I can't be more help with this

I really don't have the time to help out with that project, my wife is mad enough as it is with my "iAddiction"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-12-31), LtNachos (2011-12-31)

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Haha, sure, about what?
    Stuff. lol. we'll chat soon.

GanMan, I seen your comment on ilovemyiphone4's video.

Care to elaborate on all the work YOU put into this particular setup?
    Tiles? UI? Color Keyboard? Animations? IOS5 Compatibility?

I havent seen any contributions by you on the OS7:Revive thread at all, other than a comment you posted that were so over the OS7 style theme awhile back, and had moved on to something different.

It's kinda easy to forget who you were since you haven't contributed anything to OS7 in over a year, and nothing at all on the Revive thread.

As far as I can tell, everythings has been heavily modded since the Original OS7 theme by Wind.

I just don't see what you contributed to this particular setup that hasn't been modded since you abandoned the OS7 scene a long time ago?

Not hating, just wondering
    Firstly, i apologize for what i've said if it offended anyone at all.

Secondly, i will remove my comment on the video so people viewing it won't see it.

Thirdly, i won't go into my comment but let me just say this, just because i'm not commenting on it doesn't mean i think you or I were correct or wrong. We both have points that we both agree and disagree on. We'll call it quits here.

Lastly, I will be reentering the theming scene soon. If i have enough time after finishing a handful of my unfinished themes, then i will go through my OS7 Mod's thread and update it. Along with updating each of the mods already on there for iOS 5 usage. This OS7 thing is a maybe at this point, as you are all aware of, both this and that thread is massive.

Bro if I knew how I'd already have done it! I want that too and I think that's what this theme lacks from the UI I sent the originator of this UI A REQUEST!!!! on if he could help make that happen with all the stock apps that's would make this truly a windows phone 7 theme but no answer but I'm going to research more bc it is possible it's just I'd have to mess around with the [email protected] files that pack all the UIs themed images and I've said this before but I've only recently started to truly make my own winterboard UI since this theme so I'm still learning! But if I can't get any help I will do it myself or maybe bcscustom can help! Hint hint!!! Lol.
    Hey bro, i will get back to u about that soon. We can work on it. im up for it. Don't mind returning to the OS7 scene a bit too. looks like fun again. hahaha.

Also, sorry for the comment and if i offended u in any way. can ya please remove it. No hard feelings k.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (2011-12-31), xeon_xn (2011-12-31)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    Thirdly, i won't go into my comment but let me just say this, just because i'm not commenting on it doesn't mean i think you or I were correct or wrong. We both have points that we both agree and disagree on. We'll call it quits here.
    You are right, we both have very valid points and I will let it drop. Thanks for being able to see both sides of the coin, I also try and see from everybody's perspective. I apologize if my comments seemed harsh or offended you!

Enough said on this
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-12-31 at 05:51 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-12-31)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

gan gonna reenter the theming again? time to start saving some money

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-12-31)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-12-31)

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Been there, done that. And happy new year to you too
    Thanks... Looking forward to it..

This Theme is amazing! Is their anyway you could update the cydia rep to have a fully integrated theme?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1dakotaman View Post
    I wish i had my old setup
    For this just downloaded it off of Cydia and yuck lol I need to change alot of it up
    Funny you should say that, I think I downloaded your old setup back on the Mods thread and still have a copy of it around my computer. Didn't you run a grey setup? Im not sure if that was yours or Silverado's setup...Let me know and I will dig it up for you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    Stuff. lol. we'll chat soon.

Firstly, i apologize for what i've said if it offended anyone at all.

Secondly, i will remove my comment on the video so people viewing it won't see it.

Lastly, I will be reentering the theming scene soon. If i have enough time after finishing a handful of my unfinished themes, then i will go through my OS7 Mod's thread and update it. Along with updating each of the mods already on there for iOS 5 usage. This OS7 thing is a maybe at this point, as you are all aware of, both this and that thread is massive.

Hey bro, i will get back to u about that soon. We can work on it. im up for it. Don't mind returning to the OS7 scene a bit too. looks like fun again. hahaha.

Also, sorry for the comment and if i offended u in any way. can ya please remove it. No hard feelings k.
    its cool man. i just dont like it when im accused of stuff im kind of hard like that being that i grew up in brooklyn NY so i have a tuff skin. any way im looking forward to you helping out with this idea for the new UI i think together we can make a sick winterboard UI to go with this but honestly wish it couldve been integrated into the dylib some how so there would be no need for winterboard but im sure that might not be possible. and yes ill remove those comments off the video ive been getting pms out the *** from people from other countries lmao which is cool and i try to hit everybody back at decent times but im in the east coast it is 1232 now and i cant always be on bc my girl gets jealous but i do whenever i can.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovemyiPhone4 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-12-31)

its cool man. i just dont like it when im accused of stuff im kind of hard like that being that i grew up in brooklyn NY so i have a tuff skin. any way im looking forward to you helping out with this idea for the new UI i think together we can make a sick winterboard UI to go with this but honestly wish it couldve been integrated into the dylib some how so there would be no need for winterboard but im sure that might not be possible. and yes ill remove those comments off the video ive been getting pms out the *** from people from other countries lmao which is cool and i try to hit everybody back at decent times but im in the east coast it is 1232 now and i cant always be on bc my girl gets jealous but i do whenever i can.
    I don't think its possible for .dylibs to change the system graphics like Winterboard can. I'd imagine someone would have done something with it already if possible since Winterboard likes to slow our phones down/lag (to much for me to stomach).
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

I downloaded it off of Cydia but it said it's missing the plist. Any help?

where is that gif in your sig from??

and is that windows lock screen in 2.1.0 (not sure) possible. without the entire theme??

Page 174 of 417 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast