Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {RELEASED] Metart 1.1

Plus I helped. I reported the darn thing
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-30 at 08:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

Simon (2011-08-30)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^MMi's spam troller

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Plus I helped. I reported the darn thing
    Yes you did and I for one thank you for being a responsible member for doing so

I fully understand that a big forum such as MMi is not easy to control. I certainly would not be able to do a better job (damm, there is the promotion gone!).
    There are other ways (and faster) to check out a theme other then to install it, especially when it is a html page based one like this.
    btw this was not a bogus thread to time test your response, the theme really exists! Usually not my subject, but every few years I get the urge to do something like this, last time was a Metart skin for the Motorola V3x (long time ago).
    At least it is reasuring that there are still members that report posts/threads that don not fit the rules.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    It took you 25 days to finally discover this.
    This just underlines what I said at http://modmyi.com/forums/site-sugges...-feedback.html.
    Your Mods and Theme Creators don't bother at all looking at other themes except their own, otherwise they would have removed this thread ages ago.
    MMi got 20 mods for this section, what are they doing?
    May I kindly ask what was the purpose of starting this type of thread? If you need a question answered you can politely pm one of us mods when you need help. To say this kindly this type of thread is useless and that is probably why no one gave it the attention that the person that started it wanted it to have. I am sure you could have stated what was on your mind in a positive way.

The main purpose of this thread was to announce the release of another theme, but it also served as a test to backup my opinion about MMi (especially the theme side of the forum) which I stated in the "My personal feedback" thread.
    It was, and still is, not my intention to stir trouble, but a 25 day delay (and that's because I kept bumping this thread and added another screenshot) clearly shows me the "elite" themer behaviour is real, themes from outsiders are blissfully ignored or was it a Theme -Creator that reported this thread, I don't think so!
    Attention? Sorry mate, but I do not seek attention, I don't care if nobody use the theme or if thousands of people use it. If only one person takes this theme and replaces the 60 picture with photos from their friends and family, Walt Disney characters or what ever, it was worth to release this theme. And as I said I am happy to help to do that.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The main purpose of this thread was to announce the release of another theme, but it also served as a test to backup my opinion about MMi ...
    Well sir, what is your solution ???

Are you asking to be a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Well sir, what is your solution ???

Are you asking to be a moderator?
    A bit less narrow minded Theme Creators to start with. I agree, that this user group got that rang for a reason, they are talented themes. However if they could find a bit more time to look at other themes that get posted here at MMi they could also provide advice in a polite way on how to improve certain aspects in a theme, they after all are the most talented ones.
    What annoys me is that there is page after page of shoulder padding if one of them starts a thread, but you hardly find a outsider theme thread with some Theme-Creator post/comment.
    My solution is to give those Theme-Creator's community service, after all it only can improve the reputation of MMi, in the line of "You got a problem with a theme, go to MMi, there are lots of high class themers that will help you" and not as it is no " Don't bother with MMi, they give a s**t!"
    And, no, I am not asking to be a moderator, I just would not have the time to fill this job responsibly, I hardly can satisfy my Co-Admin duties at MMUS.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

A bit less narrow minded Theme Creators to start with. I agree, that this user group got that rang for a reason, they are talented themes. However if they could find a bit more time to look at other themes that get posted here at MMi they could also provide advice in a polite way on how to improve certain aspects in a theme, they after all are the most talented ones.
    What annoys me is that there is page after page of shoulder padding if one of them starts a thread, but you hardly find a outsider theme thread with some Theme-Creator post/comment.
    My solution is to give those Theme-Creator's community service, after all it only can improve the reputation of MMi, in the line of "You got a problem with a theme, go to MMi, there are lots of high class themers that will help you" and not as it is no " Don't bother with MMi, they give a s**t!"
    And, no, I am not asking to be a moderator, I just would not have the time to fill this job responsibly, I hardly can satisfy my Co-Admin duties at MMUS.
    I think this is true only to a certain extent. Did you see the Leg1on thread when it started a few weeks ago? It was started by a user 'Leg1on' who was a brand new member - he posted two preview pics and the buzz on that thread was more than I had ever seen on any thread before it. I know I was extremely excited by what this new themer was showing and couldn't wait to see more.

Anyway, that turned out to be some existing members who were doing a theme for charity and to get some great community spirit and co-operation together without the known names attached. To me this proved that if someone produces quality people will be involved no matter who it is. I know there are people who will only follow the existing names but there are also many, many MMi members who will support anyone as long they are contributing.
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

If you dont mind me agreeing with everyone first rasputin007 it is true i dont really ever see some themers anywhere but there own threads but then again have not been named a themer and i have created two themes and 3 and 4 are in the works i still take some time to stop by the themes discussions threads and answer any questions i can but dont comment on every theme that is posted here even if i stop and checkout the theme i would never have enough time to comment on all threads while keeping up on my own and trying to finish up my next theme (its for one member here how asked for a dreamboard theme so im making the images and frightdealer is writing the plist and we are just doing it to help someone who ive never talked to before)

so i cant help but agree with both sides because i saw this when it was originally posted but didnt comment because im quite busy with work and my other themes im trying to finish up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12