Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: THE THEME OUTLET theme store app

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    ^yes please
    Quote Originally Posted by guimenez View Post

hi TheFinga

can you tell me how its going the auto purchase?

thanks
    We are almost finished with the automated purchase system we have in place and are testing.

Basically, once in place the store will host all themes on our server.
    When the customer clicks BUY NOW in the store, an mobile express version of paypal will open in the app.
    The customer will sign in and click PAY.
    Then a confirmation page comes up with an encrypted download link (confirmation with a link is also emailed to the customer)
    When the link is pressed, safari will launch and instantly start to download the theme.
    When finished downloading, a message will appear automatically asking to open in iFile.
    When iFile is opened, the menu will popup automatically and the customer will need to click "Installer".
    DONE.

This will cover about 90% of needs by developers and customers. Also Path Killer has been helping to get other processes implemented and has been helpful.

When we are ready to launch the update to the app and implement the automated services, we will email all developers involved with the store to discuss the process and terms going forward.

We are hoping testing will be finished by the end of the weekend or early next week.

Also, anyone on iOS5 that would like the store, I have a working .IPA file (thanks to the help of PathKiller) that should work fine once installed through iTunes. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll email it to you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

bombmom (2011-08-05), Cristianol3 (2011-08-05), SirTimothy1 (2011-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    Sweetness!!!
    I second that!! Great job bro!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    I second that!! Great job bro!!
    Sweetness!!!
    Thanks guys. Now we just need to spread the word to other developers and get all dreamboard iphone and ipad themes into the store!!

@frank
    Will the update support developers to edit their theme info?

Thanks

@frank
    Will the update support developers to edit their theme info?
    Not yet, But we're working on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    Not yet, But we're working on that too.
    Awesome! Just did a shout out for ya on twitter

We are almost finished with the automated purchase system we have in place and are testing.

When the customer clicks BUY NOW in the store, an mobile express version of paypal will open in the app.
    Then a confirmation page comes up with an encrypted download link (confirmation with a link is also emailed to the customer)
    When the link is pressed, safari will launch and instantly start to download the theme.
    When finished downloading, a message will appear automatically asking to open in iFile.
    When iFile is opened, the menu will popup automatically and the customer will need to click "Installer".
    DONE.

This will cover about 90% of needs by developers and customers. Also Path Killer has been helping to get other processes implemented and has been helpful.

When we are ready to launch the update to the app and implement the automated services, we will email all developers involved with the store to discuss the process and terms going forward.

We are hoping testing will be finished by the end of the weekend or early next week.

Also, anyone on iOS5 that would like the store, I have a working .IPA file (thanks to the help of PathKiller) that should work fine once installed through iTunes. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll email it to you.
    So users need download manager and iFile in order to use this service?

^^this, you should be able to do all that in-app its more secure and doesnt require ppl to have two more separate apps installed which are paid even?

DONE.

WOW, i don't have words for this great update.
    finally don't need to go to email to send packages

many thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cristianol3's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    ^^this, you should be able to do all that in-app its more secure and doesnt require ppl to have two more separate apps installed which are paid even?
    You don't need safari download manager. Safari will download it and show a progress bar, and will ask you what to open it with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decke View Post
    So users need download manager and iFile in order to use this service?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristianol3 View Post
    You don't need safari download manager. Safari will download it and show a progress bar, and will ask you what to open it with.
    You do not need Safari Download manager, you are right. iFile is something most people already have, and provides the ability of installing DEB files with the push of a button. We are experimenting with other options, but getting the system to execute and install a DEB behind the scenes is not as easy as you think. So unless we can accomplish this, ifile will be a necessity if the customer would like a smooth and easy purchase/download/install process.
    PathKiller has been nice enough to help us out a bit trying to get a download manger type solution implemented.
    Last edited by thefinga; 2011-08-07 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks

bumper

cant u download inside the app itself? I know a bunch of apps that download inside the app.. why do u need safari? and also a suggestion in order to bypass iFile, just have ppl package their themes in a zip and then unzip it, but also add the possibilty to run a script (like dreamboard did) in case ppl want to change permissions or do other special things

cant u download inside the app itself? I know a bunch of apps that download inside the app.. why do u need safari? and also a suggestion in order to bypass iFile, just have ppl package their themes in a zip and then unzip it, but also add the possibilty to run a script (like dreamboard did) in case ppl want to change permissions or do other special things
    i don't like this idea, because most themes take forever to unzip on your phone. Deb's are so much easier. And anyon who doesn't have iFile is missing out anyway. I don't know where I'd be without that app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    i don't like this idea, because most themes take forever to unzip on your phone. Deb's are so much easier. And anyon who doesn't have iFile is missing out anyway. I don't know where I'd be without that app.
    I agree. This process has to be designed to be the easiest process for everyone across the board. Every theme I have sold for DreamBoard so far I have required customers to have iFile to install my theme DEBs. Not one customer out of the thousands have ever complained they needed iFile. I'm sure this will be the case with The Theme Outlet. The process we are almost ready to go live with will work very nicely and will be simple for everyone.

The only automated process on Dreamstore was if you were to install a FREE theme. All the paid themes on there were a mess. All the developers did whatever they wanted in order to get the themes to their customers. This is something I want to discontinue with The Theme Outlet ASAP. This situation is not ideal for developers OR customers.

We will obviously continue to improve every aspect of the store constantly to try and have the best experience while shopping, selling or installing themes.

i agree about iFile beign completely necessary and everything i just dont think its a good idea to be dependant on another app, that is all

and the streamlined process that used to be for dreamboard I though was going to be implemented in this?

also i only said zip because u said deb was rly hard to get in a app or something, id much much rather prefer a deb installation, but automatically done by the theme outlet, not requiring iFile where the deb could just as easily be copied and uploaded on pirate sites, but i suppose it doesnt even matter

Thanks

i agree about iFile beign completely necessary and everything i just dont think its a good idea to be dependant on another app, that is all

and the streamlined process that used to be for dreamboard I though was going to be implemented in this?

also i only said zip because u said deb was rly hard to get in a app or something, id much much rather prefer a deb installation, but automatically done by the theme outlet, not requiring iFile where the deb could just as easily be copied and uploaded on pirate sites, but i suppose it doesnt even matter
    Ya.. with themes, there's no stopping piracy unless its created as a dylib. The theme folder can always be shared after its on your device no matter how it was delivered or installed.

I've been trying to figure out how Wynd got the FREE themes installed behind the scenes and I basically have all his scripts except the M file from his xcode project. I believe he has a function written into the DreamStore that invokes the process, and I'm not sure how to create that. But I'll eventually figure something out.

Like I said before, the store cannot be built perfect overnight, but we're doing what we can to improve it all the time. We've been working our @sses off night and day to configure and implement improvements.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (2011-08-08)

Ya.. with themes, there's no stopping piracy unless its created as a dylib. The theme folder can always be shared after its on your device no matter how it was delivered or installed.

I've been trying to figure out how Wynd got the FREE themes installed behind the scenes and I basically have all his scripts except the M file from his xcode project. I believe he has a function written into the DreamStore that invokes the process, and I'm not sure how to create that. But I'll eventually figure something out.

Like I said before, the store cannot be built perfect overnight, but we're doing what we can to improve it all the time. We've been working our @sses off night and day to configure and implement improvements.
    And you have all been doing a great job!! So keep it up!!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast