Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: +You

So many beta testers these days...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kooris For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (2011-07-18)

Quote Originally Posted by kooris View Post
    So many beta testers these days...
    They have a DB addiction

It kills me to see people go crazy over beta testing. My post somewhere above was a joke but people seem to want to beta test like their life depends on it. I remember the days when people didn't even understand the term. The theme was either ready or WIP. Beta testers were a select few that the theme creator knew and trusted to not leak or destroy. Nowadays that term is useless. We pay for a beta test? Actually let me rephrase that. We "donate" for a beta test? I understand that you can get feedback on how to improve the theme but most people, even me sometimes, won't give any feedback. Is this the point of beta testing?
    Anyway I just want to tell people that do not cry for beta testing. It makes you look like a [email protected] a#€hole. If the developer wants help he'll ask for it in due time. God I think this post should be popped-up in bIg letters in the dreamboard part of the forum. Anyone interested in beta testing that for me?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ss4adib For This Useful Post:

Hosko817 (2011-07-18), kooris (2011-07-17)

Quote Originally Posted by ss4adib View Post
    It kills me to see people go crazy over beta testing. My post somewhere above was a joke but people seem to want to beta test like their life depends on it. I remember the days when people didn't even understand the term. The theme was either ready or WIP. Beta testers were a select few that the theme creator knew and trusted to not leak or destroy. Nowadays that term is useless. We pay for a beta test? Actually let me rephrase that. We "donate" for a beta test? I understand that you can get feedback on how to improve the theme but most people, even me sometimes, won't give any feedback. Is this the point of beta testing?
    Anyway I just want to tell people that do not cry for beta testing. It makes you look like a [email protected] a#€hole. If the developer wants help he'll ask for it in due time. God I think this post should be popped-up in bIg letters in the dreamboard part of the forum. Anyone interested in beta testing that for me?
    MAHN! That should be stickied, +1 GG.

The only reason I ever beta test is when I can donate less for the beta and still get the final release (donated $3 for omnimo 8, final release is $5, wooooooo).

Other than that... beta testing is secretly just a way to get the theme early because you don't have the patience to wait for the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by redlambert View Post
    The only reason I ever beta test is when I can donate less for the beta and still get the final release (donated $3 for omnimo 8, final release is $5, wooooooo).

Other than that... beta testing is secretly just a way to get the theme early because you don't have the patience to wait for the finished product.
    For me, beta testing is just to make the theme better for yourself, guaranteeing that it is fit to buy personally, and to test if it is worth buying.

From a developer point of view, beta testing is to make sure you cater for all sorts of people, and to give the theme some hype. It really is win-win when used properly, but mass beta testing like this is blatantly pointless.

Nice to see people sort of agree. I think I've made more than enough enemies today.

Anyways, I like the overall look of this theme. It's simplistic and displays a nice wallpaper. Now we just need to know what you've thought about in terms of that sign in button lol. Anyway take your time on this. I don't mind if you come back 39 years later and say I've finished it. It's your choice.

I hate beta freakouts. It's people seeing something they want and they want it ASAP.

Anyways back onto the topic lol how's the theme progressing??

CAN I HAZ BETA I'LL DO ANYTHING WAHHHHHDKFKAX

Lol c:

Hmmm...people want me to finish Complex first...

Anyone know how I can rip UI's off websites? I want this to be as accurate as possible...

Hm? Rip UI off websites?

Not sure if this still works but on internet explorer you can go to file > save as.

This use to pull everything from the site and give you a local copy of the page including the code and images. Haven't used this in years so can't vouch for it now but it's only 5 minutes to test.

Good luck.
    Pii

True. Or on an iDevice If u want the mobile site use the free app store app downloads lite. Then hit "new download" and enter the link you'd like. I believe it will save everything but I'm not entirely sure. Worth a shot

looks nice and simple, just like i like themes. if you need help let me know.

Ummm people, no more betas, okay?

The next one will be out soon and I will choose the testers personally, if you beg then you will not have a chance

I didn't mean to seem like I was begging for a beta. I was just offering to help.

Quote Originally Posted by P-rob View Post
    I didn't mean to seem like I was begging for a beta. I was just offering to help.
    Sorry, didnt mean to direct it anyone specifically, just wanted to tell everyone that there is NO beta yet. I started this thread to see what the community wanted, not to ask for help, that's all. Sorry if I offended anyone, it's just that people want me to finish the other theme first.

People will beg. The funny thing is everyone will have access to the final if they're patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Hate beta test beggers...

CAN I BETA CAN I BETA?!?!?! PICK ME PICK ME

No, but for real. I like how this looks, at first I thought it was a wallpaper release for DB -_- LOL What are your plans though. Im curious to see that you are planning on doing with it.
    out of all the dreamboard theme i think i ask to be a beta tester on 3 themes and only tested 1 but i have bought every paid theme that has been release weather beta or final

Let's not continue with the beta topic guys and focus on this theme.

+You does look pretty smart Kooris. Did the suggestions help you obtain the UI?

By the way I think you get to decide which theme you want to work on first.

Pii

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast