Page 133 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2840

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dream

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    I don't get what you mean
    well in thaat example, i have my xbox gamers card and by bf stats.

so on your games tab like you could add things such as that.

i have alot of widgets like that

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    well in thaat example, i have my xbox gamers card and by bf stats.

so on your games tab like you could add things such as that.

i have alot of widgets like that
    Could you make a weather widget to match this theme?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm wanting to change the LAW to be more like the one in DeZire but with an on/off switch

Quote Originally Posted by punch10001 View Post
    Nice dude. So how'd u do it?
    Ps. I've been searching like a mutha f**ka and couldnd find how to make it snap.
    Changed the wallpaper then had to change the folder buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikBB View Post
    Yes i want it

Did you change the wallpaper?
    I'm going to sleep now. I have to finish the folder buttons (I only made the ones I was using ). Then I'll upload everything you need to make it work
    Last edited by MrAndrew420; 2011-08-16 at 03:04 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrAndrew420 For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (2011-08-16)

not sure how you mean. i have few weather widgets made. but i dont understand how to make it match

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 485 Posts

I got this theme awhile ago. I see there's a v2. I didn't receive the update. Unoimkil please look into this. Thanks.
    Last edited by The 8th Immortal; 2011-08-16 at 05:21 AM.

not sure how you mean. i have few weather widgets made. but i dont understand how to make it match
    Just give it a border that looks like the icon border

is there a way to come back to the home screen quick?
    because when i press the home button (hard one) it's not doing nothing
    someone ?

Please help me figure this out....

Just give it a border that looks like the icon border
    doesnt the weather run behind icons?

doesnt the weather run behind icons?
    Hey voltage, I have a couple questions for you.

One, i saw in a rendering you had made a while back, there was an iphone with dream running on it that had a clock/weather widget on it. Do you know what i'm talking about?

two, do you know how to change the AW to look like DeZires?

Thanks

Hello,

First let me say that I really love this theme - it's truly outstanding work. However, I have a problem: it eats way too much RAM, so much in fact that I can't play most of my games! Dead Space, Infinity Blade and Real Racing 2 all crash on launch. Other games like Dungeon Hunter 2 will run, but with lots of lags. I'm on a 4th gen iPod Touch, so I have 256Mb of RAM. But with this theme running I have literally just a couple of Mb of free RAM (!!!!) and that's just after booting, just looking at the springboard. I've disabled both FaceTime (mobilephone.app) and Email (mail.app) both of which normally run in the background, and I've also disabled multitasking by editing N81AP.plist, but obviously that just frees up a few more Mb. The theme eats over 100Mb, which is obscene.

There's a lot of themes I've paid for and then not used because they didn't meet my desired quality standard. This theme meets the standard, so it'd be a killer if I had to throw it on the same pile as all the rest because of RAM issues. If there is anything that can be done to speed it up, please do it. If there's anything I can do myself using SSH and/or iFile to reduce memory usage, please, anyone, let me know!

Thanks and regards,
    onelifecrisis
    Last edited by onelifecrisis; 2011-08-16 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
    Hello,

First let me say that I really love this theme - it's truly outstanding work. However, I have a problem: it eats way too much RAM, so much in fact that I can't play most of my games! Dead Space, Infinity Blade and Real Racing 2 all crash on launch. Other games like Dungeon Hunter 2 will run, but with lots of lags. I'm on a 4th gen iPod Touch, so I have 256Mb of RAM. But with this theme running I have literally just a couple of Mb of free RAM (!!!!) and that's just after booting, just looking at the springboard. I've disabled both FaceTime (mobilephone.app) and Email (mail.app) both of which normally run in the background, and I've also disabled multitasking by editing N81AP.plist, but obviously that just frees up a few more Mb. The theme eats over 100Mb, which is obscene.

There's a lot of themes I've paid for and then not used because they didn't meet my desired quality standard. This theme meets the standard, so it'd be a killer if I had to throw it on the same pile as all the rest because of RAM issues. If there is anything that can be done to speed it up, please do it. If there's anything I can do myself using SSH and/or iFile to reduce memory usage, please, anyone, let me know!

Thanks and regards,
    onelifecrisis
    Don't want to sound like a biased perspective but I have no problem with ram. Of course it will eat some ram as it is an extensive DreamBoard theme (though not to the extent you describe).

Is it possible it is something else on your device? Maybe a memory leak caused by another app/tweak?

In regards to your question there isn't anything you can do straight up to reduce the ram usage. V2 did a lot to remove unnecessary ram usage.

Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    Don't want to sound like a biased perspective but I have no problem with ram. Of course it will eat some ram as it is an extensive DreamBoard theme (though not to the extent you describe).

Is it possible it is something else on your device? Maybe a memory leak caused by another app/tweak?

In regards to your question there isn't anything you can do straight up to reduce the ram usage. V2 did a lot to remove unnecessary ram usage.
    Thanks for the reply.

I restored my iPod just this morning then installed Cydia, iFile, Dreamboard, Themeit, and Dream V2. Plus a few App Store apps. There's nothing else that can slow it down. It's definitely this theme. If I click the Dreamboard icon and switch to Endroid (the free theme that comes with Dreamboard) then my free RAM jumps by 80Mb. Switch back to Dream and the 80Mb is gone. I've done this several times, both straight after reboot and after using apps, just to make sure I'm not insane. It's definitely Dream that's causing the problem, and the problem is an 80Mb problem. That's a ******* huge problem if you'll pardon my language.

I uninstalled all of the addon packs for Dream (there are 8 of them in Themeit and I'd installed them all) and that helped a bit, but only a bit.

Dream seems to be just one very big plist and a bunch of images. I'm going to backup the plist and then have a look inside it to see if I can switch off some of the features of the theme, maybe save some RAM that way. I'll post here afterwards.

BTW I've made a few icons that were not in the Extra Icons Pack; would this thread be the right place to share them?

Quote Originally Posted by james341 View Post
    is there a way to come back to the home screen quick?
    because when i press the home button (hard one) it's not doing nothing
    someone ?

Please help me figure this out....
    Easy answer, no. Dreamboard themes don't let you hit the hard home button to get to your first page. That's just how it is.

Not a rookie themer but I can't get the Dream icons to change. They show the icons from my old theme applied in Winterboard. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by radiationburn View Post
    Not a rookie themer but I can't get the Dream icons to change. They show the icons from my old theme applied in Winterboard. Help.
    Clear the icon cache in dreamboard/_library/cache/icons delete the entire theme folder

Sometimes I setup theme sand it shows Dream icons. Other times it shows icons from my othe installed theme. Sand everytume I launch Dreamboard and select the Dreasm theme I have to set it up from scratch every time. Hoe do I save it so it launches already setup from previous time? I also see the icon names sometimes when adding icons sand othe times only the bundle identifier negate goug on? Help !!!

As so how do I add extra icons to the individuals folders? I have six on the springboard but want to add extras to that fielder.
    Last edited by radiationburn; 2011-08-16 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by punch10001 View Post
    Easy answer, no. Dreamboard themes don't let you hit the hard home button to get to your first page. That's just how it is.
    Yes I know
    But maybe there's some cydia app that can help

Sorry thats not physically possible
    It'd have to be coded into dreamboard directly...

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    Sorry thats not physically possible
    It'd have to be coded into dreamboard directly...
    ^This

Well I took some stuff out of Current.plist (such as the AllApps folder and button, the lock screen, and the wallpaper selection stuff) and it made very little difference. I've had more of an effect saving RAM by disabling more iOS features. By further editing N81AP.plist I've managed to get up to 80Mb free with Dream running; Dead Space runs on that, but RR2 and IB still crash. And my iPod does hardly anything (no email, no facetime, no notifications, no location services, etc etc).

I guess this theme is exclusively for people with 512Mb devices. Google tells me that most Dreamboard themes are the same or worse, so it's back to Winterboard for me.

Here are the icons I made in case anyone wants them:
    Anomaly Warzone Earth, Chopper 2, Living Earth HD, Zombie Gunship, Phoenix HD, Dungeon Hunter 2, FaceTime, First Touch Soccer, Galaxy on Fire 2, Real Racing 2

Oh, one thing I noticed about dreamboard is that the normal Springboard continues to run in the background. Or so it seems. Try this:

On the "Default" theme, put Dreamboard on your dock, then go to your first (left-most) page. Now launch Dreamboard and pick a different theme. Once it's loaded, press the home button exactly once. Launch Dreamboard again and go back to the "Default" theme. You are now at the spotlight search! The iOS Springboard app picked up the home button press and responded to it, so it must keep running in the background I'm guessing? So with Dreamboard you're basically running two springboards at the same time? No wonder the RAM usage is so high...
    Last edited by onelifecrisis; 2011-08-16 at 07:35 PM.

Page 133 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast