Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Beta/Preview] OS X Lion Ultimatum

when i press dashboard i get nothing but the background. and with both the twitter and facebook widgets i get a blank screen :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    Nah, the interest can cover it

The problem is I used the widget from OS X, like I copy-pasted it. It is in an advanced web view to allow keyboard input. So I don't think there are any variables it can retrieve.
    I also just tried changing the permissions of the widget folder and it didn't work.
    Even when applying hierarchy as you set permissions for the root folder?

Hmmm...well with dashboard you need to swipe over if you only see the background. I made it hide and show the widgets based on swipe position and forgot to take into account the Dashboard button. I'll fix that for the next update. As for the twitter and facebook widgets, I don't know what would cause a blank screen. Make sure you have the latest version of DreamBoard and an internet connection. I just installed the current build fresh on my phone and they are working. See if a respring works.

Edit: I updated the theme to fix the Dashboard issue stated.

edit. Fixed lol. apparently my old folder named "OSX Lion" didnt work anymore. I changed it to "OS X Lion" so all is good now. btw a superb job tim. it amazes me the detail you took in making everything flow together
    Last edited by AWin; 2011-07-11 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AWin View Post
    respring didnt work and i have a steady wifi connection. For the facebook/twitter widget is it possible that its my fw? im running 4.3.2 at the moment. and still a no go on the dashboard, i swipe over and i get metallic background with no dashboard widgets
    I don't think firmware should cause an issue. I'm on 4.3.3 which is basically the same as you. Try the new download and see if it fixes your dashboard problem. Are you sure you are on 1.1.4 for DreamBoard? Because both widgets use advanced web views which might be new to the version.

yea. I determined the problem already. it was an error on my part lol. re-edited my previous post

That's good to hear haha. And thanks, I'm working as hard as I can to capture everything and make the theme flow perfectly.

one more question. i know we are suppose to press the "i" button to make the weather widget work, but where is it?

Hi Timothy, not sure if this is a bug, but I just downloaded your most recently updated build (widgets are AWESOME) and it seems like edit mode for the favorites folder doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AWin View Post
    one more question. i know we are suppose to press the "i" button to make the weather widget work, but where is it?

Tap the widget and it should appear. It's a bit tricky to get to the input, you have to tap the "i" just right and if you miss it disappears so you have to tap the widget again to make it appear again.

@Jephre: I'm going to bed but I'll try to find the problem in the morning.

Still can't seem to get the "I" to show lol. I haven't seen it once yet. Hopefully I'll have better luck when I wake up hahah

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadowtaz's Avatar
    Thanks

hello, the super update my I can not install a widget
    and how to time on the status bar? thank you

I don't think firmware should cause an issue. I'm on 4.3.3 which is basically the same as you. Try the new download and see if it fixes your dashboard problem. Are you sure you are on 1.1.4 for DreamBoard? Because both widgets use advanced web views which might be new to the version.
    I'm having the same issues, actually, and I just downloaded your new version literally 5 minutes ago.

When I click dashboard, it shows nothing but the background. When I click the twitter or facebook icons, it shows the safari browsing screen (i can see it says facebooks' URL and all of that, but it's just white and never does anything. Same for twitter.

I am on 1.1.4 and 4.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by the_peripheral View Post
    I'm having the same issues, actually, and I just downloaded your new version literally 5 minutes ago.

When I click dashboard, it shows nothing but the background. When I click the twitter or facebook icons, it shows the safari browsing screen (i can see it says facebooks' URL and all of that, but it's just white and never does anything. Same for twitter.

I am on 1.1.4 and 4.3.3
    Make sure you name the main folder "OS X Lion" (without the quotes). That fixed the issue for me

I just downloaded the latest update. I also can't seem to find the "i" to update the weather widget. In fact, when I try to click on the top right of the weather widget, it actually launches my clock application. Also, is there any way of getting rid of the twittter and facebook widgets in the dashboard or replacing them with something else (e.g., system preferences, etc.). I know that most people use facebook and twitter, but in my humble opinion, these widgets ruin an absolutely PERFECT theme (which I know is even going go get better). I used to love Boxor HD, and one of the things I loved about it was that the designer provided a non-twitter and non-facebook plist option.

Thanks.

Okay I updated the theme to fix the Stack not showing and made the widgets dynamic so you will have more free ram. Facebook and twitter will now update automatically every time you open the widgets.

Getting the weather to work is very tricky. To get the "i" to appear you need to tap on the widget. Then you need to tap exactly on the "i" and it will highlight. Then you need to tap exactly on the highlighted "i" for the location input to pop up. Getting it to work can take 1 to many tries, I know I've spent a good 30 sec. trying to get to it haha.

If when you go to input your location, the keyboard doesn't pop up, respring your phone. I don't know why it doesn't always pop up, but a respring fixes the issue every time.

Anyone experiencing an issue, please update and tell me if it still occurs.

@cmattis: I'll look into an option without facebook and twitter. What apps would you guys want in their place?
    The new update also fixed the issue with the clock opening in Dashboard.

Okay I updated the theme to fix the Stack not showing and made the widgets dynamic so you will have more free ram. Facebook and twitter will now update automatically every time you open the widgets.

Getting the weather to work is very tricky. To get the "i" to appear you need to tap on the widget. Then you need to tap exactly on the "i" and it will highlight. Then you need to tap exactly on the highlighted "i" for the location input to pop up. Getting it to work can take 1 to many tries, I know I've spent a good 30 sec. trying to get to it haha.

If when you go to input your location, the keyboard doesn't pop up, respring your phone. I don't know why it doesn't always pop up, but a respring fixes the issue every time.

Updating now, will let you know in a min

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    Updating now, will let you know in a min
    Cool. Could you also say if you have more free ram? I'm hovering around 262 but don't know if that's accurate of other devices.

Cool. Could you also say if you have more free ram? I'm hovering around 262 but don't know if that's accurate of other devices.
    Will do bro, loading theme in DB now

@cmattis: I'll look into an option without facebook and twitter. What apps would you guys want in their place?
    The new update also fixed the issue with the clock opening in Dashboard.
    Thanks, brother. I'd love to have an option without the facebook and twitter; thanks for looking into that. In my humble opinion, the best option would be for you to click on the icon, and then have the dashboard immediately show up (without the page with "desktop" "facebook" and "twitter"). A calculator widget would be pretty cool (like in Mac OSX).

I'll update in a few and see if I can find that little "i" in the weather widget (I actually don't even see an "i").

Thanks again.

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast