Page 28 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Beta/Preview] OS X Lion Ultimatum

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    There will be no landscape theme for this one. It has taken over a month for the portrait version to be completed so just think how long a rotation switch would take! Anyway, it may come much later if this theme is ported to the iPad since it would need to be able to change orientation. But that will be a little while, if ever because I plan on taking a small break after the final release...it's been way to many late nights coding and Photoshopping.

Just as a little update, I finished the minor additions to the DreamBoard portion and all the WinterBoard elements I want to do. You can now switch the Safari dock icon to Firefox or Chrome. I also made a Safari WinterBoard theme to go with it. I should have the keyboard pop ups late tomorrow, right when I get them I will send the theme to PathKiller29 to be packaged. So hopefully there will be a final release on Friday to all beta testers.
    Can't wait!!!

Just thought about something SirTimothy, what happened to the media controls for the lockscreen to switch songs if your playing music? I see that it doesn't allow you, with the way the lockscreen is, it takes the media controls away. Sorry for reposting didn't know if you read it already
    Last edited by lilcrazyfella_05; 2011-08-04 at 04:04 PM.

Sorry if I am being super picky, but I have OS X Lion installed on my MacBook Pro, and I was looking at my finder window, and just noticed something. On your theme the top has the two back and forward buttons, the four squares, the four lines, the 3 columns, the grid, and finally the drop down menu grid. However in my finder window, it has all the same except between the last drop down menu and the grid their is supposed to be a setting drop down menu. If you can't put it in, I am totally fine however that is the OS X Lion finder.

Also when your press the Finder menu, and on the left side their is a house that says User, can you somehow to make it say the name that we put in for the lock screen, because thats what it does on OS X.

Sorry if I am being a picky guy, just you made the theme so perfect, and worked so hard, I want it to be mistake free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Sorry if I am being super picky, but I have OS X Lion installed on my MacBook Pro, and I was looking at my finder window, and just noticed something. On your theme the top has the two back and forward buttons, the four squares, the four lines, the 3 columns, the grid, and finally the drop down menu grid. However in my finder window, it has all the same except between the last drop down menu and the grid their is supposed to be a setting drop down menu. If you can't put it in, I am totally fine however that is the OS X Lion finder.

Also when your press the Finder menu, and on the left side their is a house that says User, can you somehow to make it say the name that we put in for the lock screen, because thats what it does on OS X.

Sorry if I am being a picky guy, just you made the theme so perfect, and worked so hard, I want it to be mistake free.
    They werent necessarily mistakes, you have to remember he began building this theme long before OS X Lion was released, those are small things that aren't a big deal, not to mention that I don't believe making the user name switch in finder would be an easy task seeing as he had to code that in HTML 5, I'm not sure if you can use HTML 5 to control the them as your explaining

Quote Originally Posted by lilcrazyfella_05 View Post
    Just thought about something SirTimothy, what happened to the media controls for the lockscreen to switch songs if your playing music? I see that it doesn't allow you, with the way the lockscreen is, it takes the media controls away. Sorry for reposting didn't know if you read it already
    I could be wrong but I believe that's an issue with dreamboard, any lock view theme does that I believe, you could disable the lock view though, that should fix it

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    They werent necessarily mistakes, you have to remember he began building this theme long before OS X Lion was released, those are small things that aren't a big deal, not to mention that I don't believe making the user name switch in finder would be an easy task seeing as he had to code that in HTML 5, I'm not sure if you can use HTML 5 to control the them as your explaining

I could be wrong but I believe that's an issue with dreamboard, any lock view theme does that I believe, you could disable the lock view though, that should fix it
    Ohhh I didn't know that, ok thanks for telling me.

Yeah, the lockscreen controls are a bug with DreamBoard. I hope there's an update coming soon that fixes all the lock view bugs.

@Raybeast: I don't know how I missed that with the Finder window, nice catch. I will edit the image before the final release. As for the name instead of User, I believe that is possible with how local storage works. Thanks for the suggestion! I will change User to the name on the Finder window and insert the name on the Log out button. This is going to be crazy!

"and insert the name on the Log out button". Great idea Timothy, I just realized that when your press Log Out, it says the user name after Log Out. Nice one!

Weather widget keyboard doesn't pop up with consistency, is that a Dreamboard glitch?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool Some ideas
    Hi,

Due to the wonderful theme I just had to register and to contribute.

I have three points to be helped with:

First: Where does the weather widget store the Loc.-Data? I do not get the location saved at all ... Checked the path and properties more than twice. Being a bit frustrated with this part Same matter: where are the days' shortcuts stored? I'd like to translate the weather's Thu, Fri, Sat to my native language.

Second: On sprinboard I used the app 'Categories' to get things sorted. Now, Categories opens with a transparent background, showing the apps inside - and the underlying apps of the Launchpad/Favourites-folder - this is a visual mess
    Tim, is it possible to close/hide the Launchpad, etc. When an app/Category is opened? Or to add a semi-transparent layer over the Launchpad?

Third: On OS X there is a closing behaviour for the Launchpad and favourites-folder when clicking into an empty area. For some reason I try tis first, then I automatically press the Homebutton, of course to no avail. Both would be very convenient, though.
    Getting back from Dashboard with the Homebutton would be great, too ,-)

Keep on the great work and have fun!
    V°ddie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by V°ddie View Post
    Hi,

First: Where does the weather widget store the Loc.-Data? I do not get the location saved at all ... Checked the path and properties more than twice. Being a bit frustrated with this part Same matter: where are the days' shortcuts stored? I'd like to translate the weather's Thu, Fri, Sat to my native language.

Second: On sprinboard I used the app 'Categories' to get things sorted. Now, Categories opens with a transparent background, showing the apps inside - and the underlying apps of the Launchpad/Favourites-folder - this is a visual mess
    Tim, is it possible to close/hide the Launchpad, etc. When an app/Category is opened? Or to add a semi-transparent layer over the Launchpad?

Third: On OS X there is a closing behaviour for the Launchpad and favourites-folder when clicking into an empty area. For some reason I try tis first, then I automatically press the Homebutton, of course to no avail. Both would be very convenient, though.

V°ddie
    look in /DreamBoard/OS X Lion/Widgets/English.Iproj and open the localizedStrings.js to change the names of the days to your language
    as for the other stuff im still looking

those are good ideas, i was considering suggesting the empty area thing to close the launch pad and also the drop down menus

@Tim, one thing ive notice, idk if its been brought up yet or not, but if you scroll to the dashboard, it seems like there is 3 pages, the desktop one that has the background, a middle page that has the dashboard background, the dock and weather widget, and also the buttons that show the drop down menus, the invisible images, and then the third page has the rest of the widgets and hides the dock and menu buttons, is this just an issue with the code that cant really be solved or something you didnt catch? cause if you dont scroll either way past the middle page then it either doesnt show all the widgets or doesnt show the dock and background and stuff, another thing is when you hide the statusbar from the spotlight icon, it also hides the clock on the menubar

also, if you have mission control open and slide to the dashboard the all window view overlays the dashboard, maybe disabling the scrolling while mission control is open or changing it to close mission control when sliding to the dashboard would fix it
    Last edited by iGamers; 2011-08-05 at 01:19 AM.

@SirTimothy1, In the pop-up finder window, Is it possible to make the search bar with the magnifying glass on the right side to be able to search for certain apps that you have installed, just like spotlight in OSX Lion? I think that would be awesome if you could!!

Hi,

V°ddie
    I was able to implement everything but having Launchpad close by touching the background. Thank you for the suggestions, everything works much more fluidly now.

@iGamers: It's something with the code. I fixed it so you can't get stuck on the "middle page" anymore, but the desktop still animates on a separate layer than the Macintosh HD and Phone. I also fixed the Dashboard/Mission Control issue, thanks for reporting it.

@lilcrazyfella_05: I wish I could but that's impossible.

I now have the keyboard pop ups and they look amazing!
    And with that I believe I am finally done. Time to send it to PathKiller29 and get it packaged. You guys are going to love the update.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SirTimothy1 For This Useful Post:

toawkanavngthded (2011-08-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    look in /DreamBoard/OS X Lion/Widgets/English.Iproj and open the localizedStrings.js to change the names of the days to your language
    as for the other stuff im still looking
    Hi iGamers, thanks for the hint, and actually this file looks promising. Changing those values, saving, reopening for doublecheck ... respring.
    No changes to the weather-widget

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1
    I was able to implement everything but having Launchpad close by touching the background. Thank you for the suggestions, everything works much more fluidly now.
    This sounds great

Regards,
    Voddie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi iGamers, thanks for the hint, and actually this file looks promising. Changing those values, saving, reopening for doublecheck ... respring.
    No changes to the weather-widget
    I had to copy that localization file into the root of the weather widget. Now it works.

Edit: Another thing:
    1. Open Favourites
    2. Open Mission control
    3. Close Mission control (or select desktop)
    --> the frame of the Favourites is still visible but empty.

The same with Launchpad.

Regards, Voddie
    Last edited by V°ddie; 2011-08-05 at 11:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb Path issue
    Hi Tim,

isn't it possible to use $ROOT/ instead of DreamBoard/OS X Lion/ in your files? This would solve the Theme's path naming issue, wouldn't it?

Regards,
    Voddie

Thanks

Hi Tim,

isn't it possible to use $ROOT/ instead of DreamBoard/OS X Lion/ in your files? This would solve the Theme's path naming issue, wouldn't it?

Regards,
    Voddie
    Well I know notepad++ makes it very easy to change that, you could just search for "/DreamBoard/OS X Lion" and replace all with "$ROOT" but I've never had any path issues with his theme

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well I know notepad++ makes it very easy to change that, you could just search for "/DreamBoard/OS X Lion" and replace all with "$ROOT" but I've never had any path issues with his theme
    Neither do I
    But it could have spared 10% of the posts in this thread,-)

cant wait for the final build! awesome work sirtim!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to toawkanavngthded For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (2011-08-05)

When the Final Build comes out, this theme will be the best out there, and always will be! Can't wait for the final release!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Raybeast For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (2011-08-05)

The theme is in the process of being packaged by Path. Once I get it I will send out a mass email to everyone with the link (it will be the same link as before, but I want people who aren't keeping up with this thread to know where they can download the update from).

Page 28 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast