Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Barred HD

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

So okay, i just looked at your video. Your theme is not a vertical slider like Evolution. But mainly i was upset because of this:

This huge icons style itself is developed and only used by me. Sadly there have been several rips in the past. I usually said nothing because these guys made it in their own style. But in this case it is obviously that you tried to make a copy of my icons, then gave credits to everyone but not to me ?

So after all i donīt want to start flaming, everyone that looks one second at this theme knows immediately who "inspired" you and you also know it.
    Anyway, you have my permission to release it although i would appreciate if you find your own style the next time...

Good luck
    Last edited by Blue; 2011-06-29 at 06:35 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-06-29), FrightDealer (2011-06-29), lao3hero (2011-07-26)

I'm sorry If I did made you upset
    But just letting you know: Like you said, Yes, I was using your ideas for the icons, but I did made them myself.
    Anyways, Thanks for giving me permission to use your icon's idea
    I will mention you in the front of the thread, and as always, I'll donate to you.
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-06-29 at 07:08 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kuanyu For This Useful Post:

Blue (2011-06-29), FrightDealer (2011-06-29), Moose0704 (2011-06-29), Them3this (2011-06-29)

I see how it is Kuanyu....

Looks good.. Interested to look at the coding

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (2011-06-29), Moose0704 (2011-06-29)

Thanks man
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-06-29 at 07:15 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is it only me or the design is awfully a lot like EvolutionHD ?

edit: oh its not only me !

Hey hey hey!
    The problem between me and bluemetal is now SOLVED, we don't want to start the problem again 2nd: I designed everthing, im just using bluemetals icon idea. 3rd: you dont like my design, don't comment!
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-06-29 at 08:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    Hey hey hey!
    The problem between me and bluemetal is now SOLVED, we don't want to start the problem again 2nd: I designed everthing, im just using bluemetals icon idea. 3rd: you dont like my design, don't comment!
    Sorry, that was my immediate reply once I saw the screenshots, didn't read all other replies. Well I just hate when someone ripping other themer hard work, but it seems that you had settled the problem with BlueMetal. I'm just still wondering why would BlueMetal still gave you permission which for me *and others as well*, the overall of these two theme looks almost identical. Oh, and not to mention I notice some elements, animations and graphics you took and altered from BoxorHD ?

Don't get me wrong, I bought a lot of DreamBoard theme. I just want to give fair comments on what I have seen so far, from user point of view. All and all Best of luck for EvolutionHD and BarredHD

Please! Don't misunderstand! I took nothing from Boxor hd! I written the whole plist myself! The images are not from Boxor hd, I made them myself. I did not Rip Bluemetals work, I remade the icon myself. Other then that, everything was made by my own hands!
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-06-30 at 06:48 AM.

Interesting! I actually made a home button (and page shortcuts) myself on the boxorhd theme and im glad to see a theme developer finally implement something like it (im guessing set contentoffsetx? thats what i used). If it's ok I would love to test your theme! i'm half obsessed with modding themes so I would love to make some suggestions if I can get my hands on your theme!

Ok your the fifth tester. Whats your mail?
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-07-12 at 09:23 AM.

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok your the fifth tester! Whats your mail?
    Alright, there is one issue that kinda messes it up. It doesn't save any changes when you respring or change themes. That all, i had to keep editing until i gav up... Just a little result...other than that, i love it!!

You need to set the whole theme's folder Permission to 777 , Current.plist and Barred HD.plist to 777, then it'll work

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kuanyu For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-30)

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to set the whole theme's folder Permission to 777 , Current.plist and Barred HD.plist to 777, then it'll work
    Totally forgot tht, thanks man! Also, kinda dont wanna spam, but could u figure out the issue with my theme? Email me! This theme rocks, more wallpaper options would be nice tho!

Looks like evolutionhd -_-

I have explained everything already! Read all the posts in the forum...Don't just post a comment without thinking...
    Yes...this theme is inspired from evolution hd, but it's only the icons, other then that, it's all mine. Also, Now I do have permission from BlueMetal to release this theme.
    Since so much people are complaining and whining that this is not my design, Fine then, I'll NOT release it, I'll take the link down, and close this thread, everyone...Happy?
    From now on, this will be a personal theme that I'll use myself.
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-07-12 at 09:24 AM.

I have explained everything already! Read at the posts in the forum...Don't just post a comment without thinking!
    Yes...this theme is inspired from evolution hd, but it's only the icons, other then that, it's all mine! Also, Now I do have permission from BlueMetal to release this theme!
    Since so much people are complaining and whining that this is not my design, Fine then, I'll NOT release it, I'll take the link down, and close this thread, everyone...Happy?
    From now, this will be a personal theme that I'll use myself.
    Hey man, don't be like that, you have to expect that response from people not to mention most comment from page one before reading the thread, give it time, it will work itself out

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (2011-06-30)

Sorry man, I'm just really upset that I have put so much time into this when all I get is "Complains".

Sorry man, I'm just really upset that I have put so much time into this when all I get is "Complains".
    Like I said just give it time, all people are seeing is the thumbnail that looks like the other theme, you got to understand that. Let people see it first...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (2011-06-30)

Looks interesting! impressed with the functionality of this, I do hate to say it tho, but i think a clock like evo would look better than the theme name at the top, lol, maybe a clock in the middle, completely redesigned so you dont get anymore grief for the way it looks,

I think people should stop all the negative comments, cos obviously a lot of work has been put in to make this pull together, and other than the icons, it is completely different!

on the other hand! a bit of a diferent layout to the icons might even make it look a whole lot better?

I do think the evo theme works better visually (not trying to knock yours in any respect)

on the flip side, yours has a hell of a lot more functionality, which is where much credit is due

how long till the link goes up?? or have i missed it somewhere?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmski For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (2011-06-30)

Thanks for the fact man, if people stop complaining, I might put the link up again. But you can get the theme now...it's just that I'll need your mail
    This is a free theme
    Last edited by kuanyu; 2011-06-30 at 04:00 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuanyu For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-30), Moose0704 (2011-06-30)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast