View Poll Results: Do You want to see this mod finished?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 79.31%
  • No

3 10.34%
  • Maybe

3 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modded Darkstar Theme

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    Well i have been thinking, aside from making my own themes (still got alot to learn with graphics) I was thinking of making a thing of porting themes to DB. Lik getting hired... IDK, might do it out of the kindess of my heart. But you can make sure any theme i make, it will be Donation-Based. Free is a benefit for all!
    That sounds cool. Where did you learn what you know now? Cuz i REALLY want to get into dreamboard porting, and potentially making my own.

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    That sounds cool. Where did you learn what you know now? Cuz i REALLY want to get into dreamboard porting, and potentially making my own.
    Well honestly the learning just came to me. Since in school i am taking programming, i actually understood the code. I kne what it did and what it meant. Looking at the Dreamboard Wiki helped with unanswered questions. So i really learned alone. If you talk with some ppl that now DB coding, they can help out...but Wiki is best shot

Well honestly the learning just came to me. Since in school i am taking programming, i actually understood the code. I kne what it did and what it meant. Looking at the Dreamboard Wiki helped with unanswered questions. So i really learned alone. If you talk with some ppl that now DB coding, they can help out...but Wiki is best shot
    Ah. I don't have any coding background. :/ I've been looking at the wiki, but it's a lot to take in. My main problem is that i don't know where to start. lol. I guess i'll just leave it to the people who know what they're doing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Ah. I don't have any coding background. :/ I've been looking at the wiki, but it's a lot to take in. My main problem is that i don't know where to start. lol. I guess i'll just leave it to the people who know what they're doing.
    thats what my problem was. Well, first thing to start with is Dynamic Views. Those are Sub-menus, menu, etc. Those go at the very top of the .plist, before the MainView. The comes the MainView. This contains all the buttons, wallpaper, widgets, etc.

Well, this is what i understand at least, more advanced coders will tell me other wise cause they are experts...i think this is the way it goes tho...from what i read from the Wiki

thats what my problem was. Well, first thing to start with is Dynamic Views. Those are Sub-menus, menu, etc. Those go at the very top of the .plist, before the MainView. The comes the MainView. This contains all the buttons, wallpaper, widgets, etc.

Well, this is what i understand at least, more advanced coders will tell me other wise cause they are experts...i think this is the way it goes tho...from what i read from the Wiki
    ahh..Hmm. I guess i'll just have to wing it. But I don't want to jack your thread, so if I have anything else I wanna say, I'll PM you. lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-28)

Actually Fright you are quite good at graphics already. I know a little bit of Photoshopping but i still couldn't know how to make color mods.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whosiao For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whosiao View Post
    Actually Fright you are quite good at graphics already. I know a little bit of Photoshopping but i still couldn't know how to make color mods.
    Thanks. Sorry if the .plist is taking too long. Trying to fix any missing mistakes. Code errors, etc. IDK what i would do without Kuanyu. Saved me with this theme! Really owe him.

Hopefully, if i can work this right, i will have the package sent to the beta testers soon. Today, MAYBE! if no issues happen while i am doing it, code wise and life wise. Been getting some scary phone calls and i am getting worried, but things will work out. Peace Guys, i will write again when .plist is ready for Main Menu screen. Widgets, Settings page...and mayb a little something speacial will be added once the first page screen works!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2011-07-04)

Thanks

U guys r not gonna believe this. I was pissed off cause i coulnt mak anything show up. Somehow in my rage, my hands and brain started working on the code. And i got it to show on DB. Right now the buttons dont do anything but the safari and mail buttons work. Getting closer! Thanks Kuanyu for backin me up!

Beta testers will test it as soon as the buttons open sub menus! They will hav icons in them to mak sure they work. Sub menu picture should not move. If it does, email me. Thank u

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2011-07-04), whosiao (2011-06-29)

All the way fright, we will wait patiently. Goodluck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to whosiao For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-29)

Thanks

All the way fright, we will wait patiently. Goodluck
    Thanks! The beta public release will be delayed till July, rlly sorry, beta testers will get before july. Just main menu, idk if i can add icon editing, etc...i will see what i can do, still need to figure out how to do color changes and edit mode button, basically the whole settings page i got! Bare with me!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2011-07-04)

Dude I replied in the other thread.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-29)

It is July, still waiting patiently =D

Thanks

It is July, still waiting patiently =D
    Rlly sorry man, i hav been trying to fix an issue tht is pissing me off! The sub menus don't show up after pressing the button. Only the icon shows up floating there! Trying to fix this, rlly sorry guys! I am new to this and i want to see how to fix this. I appreciate your patience,

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-07-01)

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Haha, Alien helps another new guy with their first
    Alien helped me to make my first theme It was how I learned.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-07-01)

Thanks

ALRIGHT, Today, Beta Testers are going to test out the Theme. Sub-Menu's Should show up. Icons can be edited, All App grid are shown, etc. Toggling should work also. I will Email the package to you guys, any issues, please email me back!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGiola View Post
    Haha, Alien helps another new guy with their first
    Alien helped me to make my first theme It was how I learned.
    Yea man, ALIEN1974 is awesome. Really has helped me alot. And many others! DarkXShadowX21 has helped me out alot, showing me the ways of the modding, etc. KingJust helping me with Dreamboard code as well as Kuanyu! Of course the Beta Testers got my back with this theme too!
    Last edited by FrightDealer; 2011-07-01 at 08:09 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-07-01), It's Mi (2011-07-04)

ALRIGHT, Today, Beta Testers are going to test out the Theme. Sub-Menu's Should show up. Icons can be edited, All App grid are shown, etc. Toggling should work also. I will Email the package to you guys, any issues, please email me back!
    Looking forward to testing it, will report asap!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to aauspitz For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-07-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aauspitz View Post
    Looking forward to testing it, will report asap!
    Edit mode is active, i am sure of it, just hold down the preview and it should start edit mode...Tell me what you think of it now, new things will be added when main page is fixed

29. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-07-01)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Z_rock's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to uninstall it now to edit the Theme and place Dreamboard in a folder to be able to exit the Theme. Are the other folders editable? OK, just found that I can edit the folders too. A stock placement of Dreamboard should be mandatory. Glad to see you got it in a stable version.

iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 Redsnow
    Last edited by Z_rock; 2011-07-01 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z_rock View Post
    I have to uninstall it now to edit the Theme and place Dreamboard in a folder to be able to exit the Theme. Are the other folders editable? OK, just found that I can edit the folders too. A stock placement of Dreamboard should be mandatory. Glad to see you got it in a stable version.
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 Redsnow
    Alright, so everything is working as it should? Sub menu shows up, editable folders, closing folders, etc?

Thanks for feedback, at least it is stable! and on an iphone! I am getting closer and closer

iPhone? More like MyPhone Z_rock's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright, so everything is working as it should? Sub menu shows up, editable folders, closing folders, etc?

Thanks for feedback, at least it is stable! and on an iphone! I am getting closer and closer
    Folders don't close. Strange thing is that I had it all set up with stuff in different sub menus and changed themes then later returned and my layout changed back to stock. It didn't save my layout like with the other Dreamboard themes.
    Last edited by Z_rock; 2011-07-01 at 11:17 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast