Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1770

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Omnimo EIGHT

For those of us who already donated for the beta, can we also get a stand-alone portrait version upon final release?

if you tested this out with an ipod touch 4g please tell me how it went. did it lag. how much memory did you have before and after.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    iPod touch 4G only has 256mb ram. iPhone 4 has 512mb ram.

Yep using yahoo messanger. Will PM my username

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    Move it along now. =P
    jealous

k i guess u dont want to hear my idea SnowL
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 2011-07-15 at 07:13 AM.

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

speaking of free ram, are UI's heavy on ram usage. Reason I ask is both this theme and the grid reference heavily on the +300 ram. After clearing out my background and shutting down most nonessential tweaks etc in substrates, I still rarely creep above like 288.

Quote Originally Posted by zumspass View Post
    For those of us who already donated for the beta, can we also get a stand-alone portrait version upon final release?
    I get an average of 100 MB Ram with about 14 Mobile Substrate extensions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1wildcat1 View Post
    I get an average of 100 MB Ram with about 14 Mobile Substrate extensions.
    yea on ave with stuff turned on I ave around 180. just trying to find a way to stop having to constantly free up mem all the time

Its impossible to get 180 MB ram on an iPod Touch 4G. I've never went above 135, even on a fresh jailbroken device

Thanks

Its impossible to get 180 MB ram on an iPod Touch 4G. I've never went above 135, even on a fresh jailbroken device
    im not on a touch. iphone4 i was just asking in general

I'm confused I'm using it on my iPod Touch 3G (32 GB), and it doesn't use that much ram., but Tyler says it uses 300+ Ram on the first post. I'm works and looks great on my iPod Touch 3G by the way

No not use 300 MB ram. Has remaining 300MB ram left = good

You guys must have a TON of stuff running, I can get 360 if I want to.

I've decided to be a super cool guy, anyone who has bought ultimate, will receive a package sometime today in their mailbox for portrait only. I refuse to say no 1000 times, so its easier to just give in

There will be a semi-major update to Omnimo8 this weekend. Lockscreen, AppIconShadow options, Ill make them for you guys so its easy. And a few other things. Keep stopping back in the thread for more info..

And this isnt your personal message board Path
    Last edited by Them3this; 2011-07-15 at 09:53 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

Pii (2011-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    You guys must have a TON of stuff running, I can get 360 if I want to.

I've decided to be a super cool guy, anyone who has bought ultimate, will receive a package sometime today in their mailbox for portrait only. I refuse to say no 1000 times, so its easier to just give in

There will be a semi-major update to Omnimo8 this weekend. Lockscreen, AppIconShadow options, Ill make them for you guys so its easy. And a few other things. Keep stopping back in the thread for more info..

And this isnt your personal message board Path
    i saw that coming
    BUT IT WASNT MY FUALT!

and is the Portrait only in deb form?

If anything u should be saying thank you,
    I just put ur theme to a test and it passed
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 2011-07-15 at 10:36 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a ipod touch 4g running ios4.3.3 and run about 145-150mb free. I tried snowbreeze, redsnow, and jailbreakme.com all on fresh restores. Redsnow and snowbreeze ran my device in the 125-140mb free but jailbreakme.com definetly gave my device a 15-20mb increase. I would recommend everyone on touch4g to fresh restore in itunes and re-jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. With only sbsettings and a fresh jailbreak my device frees up in the 160-168mb free.

I'm On 4.2.1... Never knew that! So jailbreakme increased the speed of your iPod? Cool!

Thanks

I'm On 4.2.1... Never knew that! So jailbreakme increased the speed of your iPod? Cool!
    Just added about 15-20 mb more free ram. It does seem faster. I think jailbreakme.com is only for ios4.3.3 now tho...
    I also do a N81AP.plist hack to disable multitasking, international settings, unify my ipod/video and a few other settings, i also disable ping in settings as well as turn off all spotlight search items. As you can see Im obsessed with tweaking every drop of free mem I can. Theres also launch daemons you can remove to free up more but you gotta be careful there. The most free ram i ever got on my touch 4g was 172mb free.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-07-16 at 03:45 AM.

Wow! Does disabling multitasking mean that your apps can't run in the background anymore or you just can't access the multitasking bar?

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Just added about 15-20 mb more free ram. It does seem faster. I think jailbreakme.com is only for ios4.3.3 now tho...
    I also do a N81AP.plist hack to disable multitasking, international settings, unify my ipod/video and a few other settings, i also disable ping in settings as well as turn off all spotlight search items. As you can see Im obsessed with tweaking every drop of free mem I can. Theres also launch daemons you can remove to free up more but you gotta be careful there. The most free ram i ever got on my touch 4g was 172mb free.

Lmfao "hack"

Thanks

Wow! Does disabling multitasking mean that your apps can't run in the background anymore or you just can't access the multitasking bar?
    I really only ever run 1 app at a time anyways, but yes its just like before ios4.0, no multitask bar and 1 app at a time. When you close a app its saves where its at and quits then frees up mem. I can still get push notifications running with no multitasking but replying closes the current app. I guess I got tired of going to the multitask to close out apps all the time so this way when Im done the app quits, up ram, then off to the next app. Ive tried other tweaks like direct closer pro and some other mobile substrate tweaks available in cydia, but the .plist hack is "clean" because your not running yet another mobile substrate tweak taking little pieces of ram all the time.

Yeah this completely disables it.
    And it shouldn't be tampered with.
    This,*lmfao*,"hack"is how they enabled multitasking on the 3G

Lol with this plist I can single handedly ( literally one hand)
    brick ur phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    Lmfao "hack"
    Ok, ok, i meant "mod". Glad you got a good laugh

The .plist mod has never bricked any of my touchs, worst that can happen is that u have to DFU your device and do a itunes restore. To mod this .plist, Its actually quite easy with ifile, view in property list view and switch on and off, respring and your done.

I just want to iterate that you should back up your .plist before making any changes to this plist. If you screw something up you can always restore the oirginal back, thus avoiding any "bricking" that was referred to earlier.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2011-07-16 at 04:26 AM.

Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast