Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Omnimo EIGHT

Well I hope Windows 8 falls into that, because if not, we're both f*cked. Glad that you did give all credits due on your deviantart page. I just noticed that. I suppose you could say we don't do things as traditional as most. I'm sure he didn't mean any infringing in making this theme. But as GaN said. Things will be fixed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

I know I would be upset if I was not given credit for something I put time and effort into creating. Though I do feel these matter should always been done privately. Publicly trashing the themers here did not bring you or your works favor with anyone here. Perhaps all you wanted was to feed your personal satisfaction, in that case take it and kindly leave. In the aftermath, people will not think of you in high regard or be willing to support any of your further works. This could of been dealt with a bit differently though.... contact the theming group in question, level with them in a respectful manner, then they post up the proper credentials with a some praise for the original designer. Would of been cool if it went down like that and there was no animosity. Oh well, it is what it is.....

Keep your heads up theme team, you learned something new today and that's always a good thing. The teacher was more worried about himself and his credit, but it was a lesson nonetheless.
    Last edited by The_13th_Plague; 2011-06-30 at 12:15 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_13th_Plague For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (2011-06-30), amibo21 (2011-06-30), GaN-MaN (2011-06-30), kuanyu (2011-06-30), zinjen (2011-06-30)

Thanks

@ Them3this just donated, can you send the link to me please?? you got my info in your mail inbox

I cant wait to play around with this theme, Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amibo21 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fediaFedia View Post
    Why do you think he called it "Omnimo 8"?

Omnimo 4.0 for Rainmeter by =fediaFedia on deviantART
    Heaven forbid he used your idea. Guess all those windows based themes are "stealing" also? I honestly don't even see why you'd deserve credit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjrankin83 For This Useful Post:

ChrisOSX (2011-06-30), GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by rjrankin83 View Post
    Heaven forbid he used your idea. Guess all those windows based themes are "stealing" also? I honestly don't even see why you'd deserve credit
    lol I vote for themethis to change the name to "8 ominmO"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ecksel02 For This Useful Post:

amibo21 (2011-06-30)

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ecksel02 View Post
    lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (2011-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by ecksel02 View Post
    lmao!!
    Last edited by Moose0704; 2011-06-30 at 05:42 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Credit should be given where credit is due, the fact that he did not state that it's his own concept does not allow him to get away with not crediting anyone like that. I don't know how these sort of things work on this site, but where I'm at, the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License explicitly states that anyone is allowed to use resources from a theme as long as proper attribution to the original author is given, and the theme is passed on with the same license. This is not the case here it appears...

Thank you! Glad this is sorted out. Maybe it should have been done in the first place if it's so easy then?..
    In the same regards wouldn't it have been just as easy to say "hey I'm the original creator of this theme and would appreciate credit being given"? I know I wouldn't think you were a d*ck had you done that. Or email Tyler his email is plastered all over the first post. Or twitter. He's pretty easy to get ahold of. As far as kids go, your right creating an account just to b*tch about being given credit is the mature way to go

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rjrankin83 For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (2011-06-30), ChrisOSX (2011-06-30), GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by rjrankin83 View Post
    In the same regards wouldn't it have been just as easy to say "hey I'm the original creator of this theme and would appreciate credit being given"? I know I wouldn't think you were a d*ck had you done that. Or email Tyler his email is plastered all over the first post. Or twitter. He's pretty easy to get ahold of. As far as kids go, your right creating an account just to b*tch about being given credit is the mature way to go
    right on brotha lol That was so childish, he just wanted attention on this, kinda like my 5 year old when he doesn't get his way, he throws a temper tantrum lol
    Last edited by Moose0704; 2011-06-30 at 05:47 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

deleted
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 2011-07-07 at 03:56 AM.

Why do you think he called it "Omnimo 8"?

Omnimo 4.0 for Rainmeter by =fediaFedia on deviantART
    Dude i think Microsoft stole your idea for Windows 8 better go troll their forums too for credit

sooo whats going on with this theme
    havent been able to keep up

where is tyler at?!? havent heard from him in a few days
    GaN get whatsapp!
    Last edited by jokerg7; 2011-06-30 at 07:00 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jokerg7 For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-30), GaN-MaN (2011-06-30), Moose0704 (2011-06-30)

2 days off and I miss ALL the action on MMI!!! Typical!!

I think it's best to let it be now and assume Tyler will take care of it upon return. Let's not add more fuel to fire and getting back to talking about the theme itself

I'm itching for a portrait version now (as well as some updates ). Using IP4 in landscape is not as practical as I thought it would be!

Pii

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pii For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (2011-06-30)

I'm eagerly waiting for this to show up in my inbox. Im sure Tyler is busy since he hasn't commented yet.

Livin the iPhone Life jelleheindryckx's Avatar
    Thanks

Oke who in here has got an ipad and some theming skills. i'm putting an iPad project together for tyler on this theme ( he knows about it ) but I need some help since the new kind of plist is well somtimes confussing and the 90 rotation makes things hard. any help would be great!

Default patiently waiting :)
    Donated yesterday or day before cant even remember myself now, any chance i can get a beta??

I've been a supporter of Tyler's work since Root3d and for each of his themes.

With the drama that went on in this thread today and the fact that Tyler has not been around at all today, I'm a bit worried about the future of this theme.

Of all of Tyler's work, this has been the slowest to be updated

But I've got faith in the guy, I just wish he would show up on the thread a little more often to keep his donators up to date on the progress.

Wow, thanks a lot for stealing our images, and even piggybacking on our popular FREE product name. You even have the audacity to beg for donations wheres you didn't even credit the original authors.
    Umm. No. I stole your idea and piggybacked your popular FREE product? Hardly even close to anything that I did. You say I stole your images? Let me send you the entire theme, and show me one image that is the same as yours. Just because I have a solid square of color with an EXTREMELY popular product's logo in white on it, hardly defines stealing anyone's precious work. Your Omnimo 4 idea is a great Rainmeter skin, and EVERYONE in this theme knows that my theme is a port of it, which I stated in the OP. Begging for donations? By simply asking for 3$ like all other themers, for a theme that will be have 5x the features of most, and EVERYONE knows if you can't afford it I will send it to you for free? Bro, I'm sorry but if you say I stole your idea, have you also hit up Mr.Gates about his popular new Windows 8 tablet design? Because if you haven't I highly suggest you do. Nothing in my theme came from yours, I hand made the power button in PS, the arrow came from the OS7 theme, and the add-ons tile came from google -_-. Anyone could make any of the tiles in my theme/yours that's the beauty of it, they are so simple a child could make them. As for the actual theme itself, the amount of coding required to make my theme do, what a computer can already do, is ridiculous, and takes alot of time and effort to do so. Also considering my theme will have a completely separate mode to run in portrait, a full system UI, and Animated Lockscreens, I'm almost laughing at your immaturity. A simple PM asking me about my plans for this theme, how I made the images, what all goes into a dreamboard theme, and anything else you wanted to ask would have been the proper way to do it. But instead you come into my thread, and call me out in bold red. Did you think everyone would suddenly realize my theme looked like Omnimo and decide to stop supporting it??

If anything, you should be HAPPY I'm calling it omnimo and introducing iDevice users to the world of rainmeter, more specifically the Omnimo skin for rainmeter.

I'll edit the OP and give more original credits to the authors of Omnimo for their design layout, but I'll do it with a grain of salt in my mouth.

Next time, handle it maturely. I think were all grown up here.

@ Everyone else - thanks for watching my back while I was gone, I thought I made it clear this was a port, but who knows o_0. The theme is coming along NICELY. I just added in a very tiny little touch, but its so awesome and is something completely new for us. The app-icons GaN-MaN designed are ******* amazing. Ill show them off later for sure in a video. They auto label, and auto-size. You can chose to have multicolored icons or all solid blue. Color mods in the future . The all apps grid I think you guys are going to love. I've decided to finish one view at a time, so once I get the landscape finished I'll move onto the portrait. Started on the UI and LS's. We've been working really hard over here trying to get this thing on its feet fast! Oh yea, and I might just skip strait to beta v3

Make sure to let everyone know about this theme! I want everyone to have it, so they know what is coming in the future from me and GaN.

Sorry about the Social-Blackout, but its how I gotta get stuff done, I'll be back later.

Tyler

*** This theme is moving slightly slower than the other because its ALOT harder, and the new actions and conditionals make things more complicated, not as easy as just making all set functions for animations. I want this theme to be more than that, you'll all understand as you start to receive the next betas. I only beta v1 a day ago, Ill have you guys with the next update by the weekend.

Last edited by Them3this; 2011-06-30 at 11:34 PM.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-07-01), Aenima133 (2011-06-30), amibo21 (2011-06-30), ChrisOSX (2011-07-01), GaN-MaN (2011-07-01), Panthers44 (2011-06-30), The_13th_Plague (2011-06-30)

deleted

LOL, I had to let him know I wasnt playing games, I love this theme. Path I might need your help with something later if your up to it.

deleted

Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast