Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Omnimo EIGHT

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

@Them3this

What is the email that i should send the donation for this theme? I wanna try to see if i can send, but i wanna know which email to send it too. Don't wanna make a mistake! PM the email, and i will see if i can send a donation, cause this theme looks TIGHT!

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    No I know about that already and changed all that. I need the code so I could put it to my city.

And I've been using this theme all day. The only thing that's annoying is the status bar, but it's cool.
    change it where it's stated in the locationhere.js and widget.js with the weather code for your city.

To find your weather code go to weather.com search your city and in the address bar it will be at the end once you've opened up your city's weather

for instance when i searched my town i got this

http://www.weather.com/weather/today...dina+Beach+FL+USFL0144

That's my weather code. Hope this answered your question

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rjrankin83 For This Useful Post:

HeavyComponent (2011-06-30)

Thanks

i hate landscape mode so much -_- lol but cant wait for potrait mode i guess. Iono if its been asked yet but is this theme gunna be both landscape and potrait when finished or you can get either?

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by birdy89 View Post
    i hate landscape mode so much -_- lol but cant wait for potrait mode i guess. Iono if its been asked yet but is this theme gunna be both landscape and potrait when finished or you can get either?
    It'll have both

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyComponent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangel View Post
    Put your zipcode in "locationHere.js" AND "wydget.js" (which is in Widgets/Weather/Library/...)
    That did the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by rjrankin83 View Post
    change it where it's stated in the locationhere.js and widget.js with the weather code for your city.

To find your weather code go to weather.com search your city and in the address bar it will be at the end once you've opened up your city's weather

for instance when i searched my town i got this

http://www.weather.com/weather/today...dina+Beach+FL+USFL0144

That's my weather code. Hope this answered your question
    Thanks for the reply, I thought I needed that weather code. But the regular zip code worked with no problem. Thanks anyway!
    Verizon iPhone v4.2.8: Jailbroken

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    That did the trick!

Thanks for the reply, I thought I needed that weather code. But the regular zip code worked with no problem. Thanks anyway!
    Glad you got it working. For what it's worth it's a good idea to know that code. Every theme will work with that code not every one will work with your zip code. Just my $.02

Will answer questions here shortly, I need some advice from you guys though. And ideas for how you want those appicons at the bottom to work, and how would you like the AllApps grid to work?

Just donated. Looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Will answer questions here shortly, I need some advice from you guys though. And ideas for how you want those appicons at the bottom to work, and how would you like the AllApps grid to work?
    As you have planned lol

Wow, thanks a lot for stealing our images, and even piggybacking on our popular FREE product name. You even have the audacity to beg for donations wheres you didn't even credit the original authors.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyComponent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fediaFedia View Post
    Wow, thanks a lot for stealing our images, and even piggybacking on our popular FREE product name. You even have the audacity to beg for donations wheres you didn't even credit the original authors.
    Let's see yours! Link?
    Verizon iPhone v4.2.8: Jailbroken

Why do you think he called it "Omnimo 8"?

...and the Landscape will be based off of Omnimo entirely.

Omnimo 4.0 for Rainmeter by =fediaFedia on deviantART
    Last edited by fediaFedia; 2011-06-30 at 10:03 AM.

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

We have a joker in the midst... interesting... So that pic was used as a reference, now we've put our own image up of what it actually turned out to look like, and we're using Metro UI Icons... Hardly stealing anyones work when it can be done all so easily if you've been up with the OS7 thread...

i could say ur stealing Metro UI's icons... -.- quit hating. i only see 3 images that he did use which is the Add-ons (easily done), Internet Explorer (another easily done icon), and the Power button (yet another icon easily done)... grow up.

oops, i forgot to mention the arrow...

If your that fussy about it then we'll get Tyler to give u credits on the first post...

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-06-30), Aenima133 (2011-06-30), ChrisOSX (2011-06-30), rjrankin83 (2011-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by gan-man View Post
    we have a joker in the midst... Interesting... So that pic was used as a reference, now we've put our own image up of what it actually turned out to look like, and we're using metro ui icons... Hardly stealing anyones work when it can be done all so easily if you've been up with the os7 thread...

I could say ur stealing metro ui's icons... -.- quit hating. I only see 3 images that he did use which is the add-ons (easily done), internet explorer (another easily done icon), and the power button (yet another icon easily done)... Grow up.

Oops, i forgot to mention the arrow...

If your that fussy about it then we'll get tyler to give u credits on the first post...
    buuuurrrrrrnn!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

^

Learn some grammar before replying. I thought this was a serious forum.

I would rather the author changes the name for his theme to something that isn't our product name (Win8?), and creates his own images, instead of just blatantly taking mine without permission. It's just plain disrespectful. If you're making a theme like that, at least make your own stuff from scratch or credit people you took them from. Kids these days...

^

Learn some grammar before replying. I thought this was a serious forum.

I would rather the author changes the name for his theme to something that isn't our product name (Win8?), and creates his own images, instead of just blatantly taking mine without permission. It's just plain disrespectful. If you're making a theme like that, at least make your own stuff from scratch or credit people you took them from. Kids these days...
    One, the reason for the same name is do to it being referred to as a "Port", as in bringing the same experience to a different medium. So it could reasonably so be called said name. Haven't you heard copying is the biggest form of flattery? He chose this piece of work in all respect and admiration. And just because the icons seems exactly the same does not denote the fact that said icons could have been made from scratch. Your pure assumption of being "ripped off" is not justifiable. Please discuss this with the theme creator before you jump to conclusions and throwing out accusations. That's just rude.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    One, the reason for the same name is do to it being referred to as a "Port", as in bringing the same experience to a different medium. So it could reasonably so be called said name. Haven't you heard copying is the biggest form of flattery? He chose this piece of work in all respect and admiration. And just because the icons seems exactly the same does not denote the fact that said icons could have been made from scratch. Your pure assumption of being "ripped off" is not justifiable. Please discuss this with the theme creator before you jump to conclusions and throwing out accusations. That's just rude.
    Indeed, I would be flattered if it were a port. However the author chose to not even mention anyone who made Omnimo, which is quite insulting to us in this case. I'm not really worried about the icons (though I had to redo all of them in high quality vectors) as much as the idea that our product name is used without attribution to the original. I don't see the point of even calling it "Omnimo" in the first place, I wouldn't even had complained then.

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

We'll have a name change. We'll make our own Add-ons tile, and our own IE tile... (a very very difficult task... -.-). the rest were taken from the OS7 thread. end of story. goodbye.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (2011-06-30)

Indeed, I would be flattered if it were a port. However the author chose to not even mention anyone who made Omnimo, which is quite insulting to us in this case. I'm not really worried about the icons (though I had to redo all of them in high quality vectors) as much as the idea that our product name is used without attribution to the original. I don't see the point of even calling it "Omnimo" in the first place, I wouldn't even had complained then.
    This is true. He did not state by name on the first thread. But he did mention it as a Rainmeter theme he planned to port. There for obviously stating that this is not of his own conception. I also agree that he probably should have asked for permission to use the name, though I believe it is rightfully named for what it is. Why do you not see the point in calling it "Omnimo"? When finished, it should be pretty spot on as far as this medium can take it. Personally I think you are just stepping on toes. Credit by name may have not been giving, but he did not try to say this concept was his own. So I don't see this as being ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    We'll have a name change. We'll make our own Add-ons tile, and our own IE tile... (a very very difficult task... -.-). the rest were taken from the OS7 thread. end of story. goodbye.
    Word.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    This is true. He did not state by name on the first thread. But he did mention it as a Rainmeter theme he planned to port. There for obviously stating that this is not of his own conception. I also agree that he probably should have asked for permission to use the name, though I believe it is rightfully named for what it is. Why do you not see the point in calling it "Omnimo"? When finished, it should be pretty spot on as far as this medium can take it. Personally I think you are just stepping on toes. Credit by name may have not been giving, but he did not try to say this concept was his own. So I don't see this as being ripped off.
    Credit should be given where credit is due, the fact that he did not state that it's his own concept does not allow him to get away with not crediting anyone like that. I don't know how these sort of things work on this site, but where I'm at, the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License explicitly states that anyone is allowed to use resources from a theme as long as proper attribution to the original author is given, and the theme is passed on with the same license. This is not the case here it appears...
    Thank you! Glad this is sorted out. Maybe it should have been done in the first place if it's so easy then?..

Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast