Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: EvolutionHD Teaser

  1. #1
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    Default EvolutionHD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -preview.png  
    Last edited by korbyn8495; 2012-01-15 at 10:06 AM.

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  2. #2
    it looks very cool!!

    I have the original, but i love dramboard!!

  3. #3
    Are there any features that come with this theme or anything? Or what? I'm trying to figure out how this would work or what the benefit would be. Thanks.

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    The benefit: No WinterBoard needed, you don't have to set it up yourself, and you don't need GridLock or any other tweaks, just DreamBoard (and WinterBoard if you want the UI)
    And you have a handy little games folder, with large icons, instead of having apple's folders with the tiny icons

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  5. #5
    OH! I just watched the vid. I didn't realize it came with folders and such because i was on my phone. This is definitely cool. I just have a couple questions.

    By Edit Home Screen icons and such, does that mean that the home screen icons are image based and you just edit the plist?
    Have you tried talking to other themers to see if they could help you make at least the folders Edit Mode compatible?
    If I've already bought the theme, do I have to buy this one?
    and lastly, Is it possible to add more than just the games folder? I usually have atleast All Apps, Games, Media, and Jailbreak/Cydia folders.

    Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to figure this out. Thanks for making it a dreamboard theme. I've been having to use BackBoard for it. It's the only Winterboard FULL theme I've ever bought, the other 15+ being Dreamboard. This would be nice to add to the collection. Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    OH! I just watched the vid. I didn't realize it came with folders and such because i was on my phone. This is definitely cool. I just have a couple questions.

    By Edit Home Screen icons and such, does that mean that the home screen icons are image based and you just edit the plist?
    Have you tried talking to other themers to see if they could help you make at least the folders Edit Mode compatible?
    If I've already bought the theme, do I have to buy this one?
    and lastly, Is it possible to add more than just the games folder? I usually have atleast All Apps, Games, Media, and Jailbreak/Cydia folders.

    Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to figure this out. Thanks for making it a dreamboard theme. I've been having to use BackBoard for it. It's the only Winterboard FULL theme I've ever bought, the other 15+ being Dreamboard. This would be nice to add to the collection. Thanks again.
    Again, one more thing. Is it possible to have a "Close Games" button permanently on the bottom like in the "All Apps" folder?

    Again sorry for all the questions. After I watched the video, I got really excited about this port. Lol.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 2011-06-12 at 12:29 PM.

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    OH! I just watched the vid. I didn't realize it came with folders and such because i was on my phone. This is definitely cool. I just have a couple questions.

    By Edit Home Screen icons and such, does that mean that the home screen icons are image based and you just edit the plist?
    Have you tried talking to other themers to see if they could help you make at least the folders Edit Mode compatible?
    If I've already bought the theme, do I have to buy this one?
    and lastly, Is it possible to add more than just the games folder? I usually have atleast All Apps, Games, Media, and Jailbreak/Cydia folders.

    Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to figure this out. Thanks for making it a dreamboard theme. I've been having to use BackBoard for it. It's the only Winterboard FULL theme I've ever bought, the other 15+ being Dreamboard. This would be nice to add to the collection. Thanks again.



    Again, one more thing. Is it possible to have a "Close Games" button permanently on the bottom like in the "All Apps" folder?

    Again sorry for all the questions. After I watched the video, I got really excited about this port. Lol.
    No, I don't think it's possible, because they are identified as buttons in the DreamBoard PList and you have to tell it what the button should do, and what picture it should be linked to, so you'll have to edit all of that manually.

    If you've already bought it, you getting this one would be up to BlueMetal.

    And yes of course, I could add more folders, and make alternate PLists including them, I just put this one together for myself, and all I really use is the games folder.

    Yes, I would just have to tell DreamBoard that the button shouldn't scroll with the rest of the games icons and it would stay stationary at the bottom of the screen.

    Does that answer all of your questions?

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    No, I don't think it's possible, because they are identified as buttons in the DreamBoard PList and you have to tell it what the button should do, and what picture it should be linked to, so you'll have to edit all of that manually.

    If you've already bought it, you getting this one would be up to BlueMetal.

    And yes of course, I could add more folders, and make alternate PLists including them, I just put this one together for myself, and all I really use is the games folder.

    Yes, I would just have to tell DreamBoard that the button shouldn't scroll with the rest of the games icons and it would stay stationary at the bottom of the screen.

    Does that answer all of your questions?
    Yes. Thank you. Sorry for all the questions all at once like that. This sounds pretty awesome. And I misunderstood the video cuz i was watching it in a hurry and realized that there are long icons for the games. So that makes since and is worth editing the plist for. Though tbh, I do think it is possible, because bushe and edel hert were able to make wide icons like that able to edit in Edit Mode with there themes, but I'm fine with editing a plist. I could be mistaken, as I am not a themer. I'm just throwing my 2 cents in. I hope I did not offend you in anyway, and I hope this gets approved. Thanks again.

  8. #8
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,146
    Thanks
    3,488
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

    Thanks for the link. I'll test it and then we'll discuss everything else

  9. #9
    Would be awesome if you could make it OS7 style (dylib theme) with the ability to pin apps to the home screen w/o edit mode. Would also be awesome to have more than just a games folder like media, utilities, productivity, system, ect. Would be very cool if you were able to edit where the widgets went within the theme kinda like in apple web hd.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-06-12 at 04:33 PM.

  10. #10
    Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    var/Library/Dreamboard
    Posts
    1,306
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked 784 Times in 452 Posts

    Man, Finally someone made EvolutionHD for DB. Really wanted it for winterboard, but couldn't afford it. Since i don't have my paypal verified. T_T

    Hopefully this theme is free. If not, then o well. Still cool to see it.

  11. #11
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,146
    Thanks
    3,488
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

    Okay, so i tested it now. Basicly: Iīm a total noob with Dreamboard so forgive me any stupid questions
    My problem is that i canīt add or replace any icon/app. I have icons on my homescreen from apps i donīt own. How can i add another page ? The Edit mode has no function. So, like SnowLeo said, without the ability to replace or add icons (and pages if possible) by using the dynamic library like on this OS7 theme i tested some weeks ago this theme wouldnīt be very satisfying for the users at the moment.
    Last edited by Blue; 2011-06-13 at 01:48 AM.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (2011-06-13), SnowLeo (2011-06-12)

  13. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    Okay, so i tested it now. Basicly: Iīm a total noob with Dreamboard so forgive me any stupid questions
    My problem is that i canīt add or replace any icon/app. I have icons on my homescreen from app i donīt own. How can i add another page ? The Edit mode has no function. So, like SnowLeo said, without the ability to replace or add icons (and pages is possible) by using the dynamic library like on this OS7 theme i tested some weeks ago this theme woulndnīt be very satisfying for the users at the moment.
    Yes, at the moment the icons must be manually edited, as they aren't really "icons" but what DreamBoard calls buttons. You have to tell a button what to do and what picture it should show for itself, so you have to manually do this. BUT I will include an extensive guide on how to do it yourself, it's actually quite easy .

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Yes. Thank you. Sorry for all the questions all at once like that. This sounds pretty awesome. And I misunderstood the video cuz i was watching it in a hurry and realized that there are long icons for the games. So that makes since and is worth editing the plist for. Though tbh, I do think it is possible, because bushe and edel hert were able to make wide icons like that able to edit in Edit Mode with there themes, but I'm fine with editing a plist. I could be mistaken, as I am not a themer. I'm just throwing my 2 cents in. I hope I did not offend you in anyway, and I hope this gets approved. Thanks again.
    Hmmmm, well I'll aks bushe, and see what he says. Thanks for the info

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  14. #13
    Why not just make it a dylib theme? Pretty sure OS7 is open source and wynd provided the open source and guides for it. Would make it a LOT easier and better for this type of theme (:

  15. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Why not just make it a dylib theme? Pretty sure OS7 is open source and wynd provided the open source and guides for it. Would make it a LOT easier and better for this type of theme (:
    I have no clue about that, I don't even know where I'd begin

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  16. #15
    Nice! Will be waiting!

  17. #16
    Well if your interested you can check out wynwarriors free open source os7 files and stuff here:
    https://github.com/wyndwarrior/os7

  18. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Well if your interested you can check out wynwarriors free open source os7 files and stuff here:
    https://github.com/wyndwarrior/os7
    I have all that stuff, I just don't know how to use it

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  19. #18
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 245 Times in 144 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    I have all that stuff, I just don't know how to use it
    Now, I just don't see it happening, I'd have to learn some form of C and that's something I don't have the time for at the moment, but if this new DreamBoard update has something that would let me do this, that could fix it.

    Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

  20. #19
    It would be amazing if you could make the 'start' part of the button slide.

  21. #20
    Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    var/Library/Dreamboard
    Posts
    1,306
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked 784 Times in 452 Posts

    Will this be released soon? ME WANTS IT!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •