Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Ultimate Theme Contest!!!

Thanks

Default The Dream Theme Team Contest!
    One Unit Proudly presents:

The First Annual “Ultimate Theme Team” Contest

What is an “Ultimate Theme Team” contest? Simple: A competition between all the greatest themers of the iPhone Jailbreak scene to discover which themers are truly the penultimate of the day. The rules are equally simple:

1. Competitors will work in teams that they will choose, of course. No more than two people may be on any one team.
    2. The tournament will be held in classic bracket tradition. Each week, one team will face off against another team to create the best theme based on, well a theme. Not necessarily an iPhone theme, but a theme in general. For example, one week teams might have to create a theme based off of the artwork of Da Vinci, or simply feature the color orange. From the time the theme for the week is announced, the teams each have precisely one week, 7 days, to make the best theme they can.
    3. Themes should be in Dreamboard format, but Winterboard elements included will be a huge plus to the themers..
    4. Obviously, all themes must be entirely the work of the themers, or just like when posting a new theme, give direct credit to the person who created the icons, wallpapers, etc.
    5. Previous themes may be entered if wished, but know that if it is a well known theme that it probably won’t fit very well with the theme of the week (which will be done on purpose). For example, I’m not going to choose the theme of the week to be “Multiple areas for app organization” because there are themes like that. I’m going to choose something outrageous to force you to create something new. Naturally, you can cannibalize your previous work to build off of, but please try to keep things fresh!
    6. Scoring: The way the winners of each week will be chosen is something akin to Dancing with the Stars. A panel of judges (hopefully three, including me) will decide which theme is best. Then, the theme will be released to the public to test and use. The public will have three days to decide which theme deserves their vote. After the votes have been tallied, they will be averaged with the choices of the judges. 50/50. Then, the winner will be announced. So, not only do we care about the public’s opinion, it is incredibly important to the contest!
    7. Judging: The themes will be judged based on their thoroughness, inclusion of multiple elements, overall feel, application to the assigned theme, and various other things.
    8. Time frames: When the theme for the week is announced, theme teams will have one week to create their product. The next three days will cover the voting and judging. Judges will announce their votes with the winners, as well as blessings and constructive criticisms. We’ll try to run two brackets at a time so that this doesn’t take forever, but should it take too much effort, we’ll drop it down to one bracket at a time.
    9. The prize for the winner will be an immense amount of notoriety, and I’m quite sure the community will donate ample amounts of funds to whoever they feel best deserves it!
    10. Any further questions can be forwarded to [email protected].

Now for my plea for help: I require two themers who have considerable experience in theme creating to help me judge. Naturally, you cannot be both a judge and a competitor. Should no one arise who is willing to help me judge, I’ll pick two other people that are very wise in all things iPhone to help me judge. Don’t worry, everything will be very legit. If you’re interested in helping me judge, send over an application including things like your name, themes you’ve made, and experience with other things that are relative to this idea to [email protected].

If you are interested in competing, please find a partner and send over an application of things including your names, what themes you’ve created, and why you think you deserve to be in this ultimate contest. Send those to [email protected]

Something potential participants need to accept first and foremost: by submitting a theme to this contest, you accept that it will be doled out for free to the community in order to judge which theme is best for that week. Naturally, you reserve all rights to the theme and can edit it for paid released after the contest, but that’s on you. We will, duh, post donation links at every possible opportunity. This is a chance to get the community excited and see what you are capable of.

Everyone, this has a ton of potential to be very, very fun and rewarding for the competitors. The moment we have all the contestants and the judges in place, we will begin! Tell a friend, tell a loved one, tell your dog. Let’s get this thing a going!

Once again, send all questions to [email protected].

TEAMS AS THEY ARE ADDED:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -crown.png  
    Last edited by salander85; 2011-06-01 at 05:22 AM.

AWWWWWWW Sh*t.

TheM3ThIS & GaN-MaN ( afer I talk to him right quick, and if he says yes, but he better lol)
    team 1#

This is such an awesome idea, itll push us devs to create something "that" much more, as well as learning from others. The team concept is a great idea because it allows us to mix styles and talents. Really looking forward to this..

I have to say though 7 days... Thats a really short time for either DB or WB, especially WB. Maybe lengthen up the contest, as some people may need more time

Im in though..

Tyler

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (2011-06-03)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    AWWWWWWW Sh*t.

TheM3ThIS & GaN-MaN ( afer I talk to him right quick, and if he says yes, but he better lol)
    team 1#

This is such an awesome idea, itll push us devs to create something "that" much more, as well as learning from others. The team concept is a great idea because it allows us to mix styles and talents. Really looking forward to this..

I have to say though 7 days... Thats a really short time for either DB or WB, especially WB. Maybe lengthen up the contest, as some people may need more time

Im in though..

Tyler
    Yes! Woot woot! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! And you're probably right. I can't make it too easy though! Ten days sound good?

Woo think this is a great idea, can't wait to see wat goes down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by da"S"master View Post
    Woo think this is a great idea, can't wait to see wat goes down
    Thanks a ton! Be sure to spread the word so that this can get huge!

iPhone? More like MyPhone UltimateCydiaSource's Avatar
    Thanks

When does it start? if it's during my summer break I'll probably do it with my good friend since he is good at photoshop

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCydiaSource View Post
    When does it start? if it's during my summer break I'll probably do it with my good friend since he is good at photoshop
    Since it is summer right now, as soon as enough people are into it, it will begin. The sooner the word gets out, the soon we can get going!

iPhone? More like MyPhone UltimateCydiaSource's Avatar
    Thanks

oh ok i'll ask my friend since we dont get out for like 2 more weeks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCydiaSource View Post
    oh ok i'll ask my friend since we dont get out for like 2 more weeks
    Alright man, I'm excited!

You know you love me GaN
    Last edited by Them3this; 2011-06-01 at 04:02 AM.

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

seems i got dragged into this...

great idea though. it'll be amazing to see what work comes out of this.

Livin the iPhone Life jelleheindryckx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Maybe GaNs a hater, anyone need a partner :P
    maybe he thinks the best themes need time to grow untill they are as good as they can get
    this is a great thing.. maybe we will all be amazed on the fantastic themes that can be created .
    but there's 2 sides to this..a good side great themes...but this could go bad if theme creators are getting close to the time limit with allot needed to be done.
    but lets hope for the good side
    looking forward to the results and I DO SAY THIS IS A GREAT CHALLENGE FOR THEME CREATORS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jelleheindryckx View Post
    maybe he thinks the best themes need time to grow untill they are as good as they can get
    this is a great thing.. maybe we will all be amazed on the fantastic themes that can be created .
    but there's 2 sides to this..a good side great themes...but this could go bad if theme creators are getting close to the time limit with allot needed to be done.
    but lets hope for the good side
    looking forward to the results and I DO SAY THIS IS A GREAT CHALLENGE FOR THEME CREATORS
    I agree with the 2 edged sword deal, but it's a trade off, ya know? It's kinda like a Cake Wars thing. You know you only have so much time, so it pressures you to do your best! thanks for the support man!

Livin the iPhone Life jelleheindryckx's Avatar
    Thanks

let's hope they can impress eachother and the peoples who love there themes
    and i know i have my favorites but who knows

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'd like to play, but I'm sh•t with Graphics, and I'd rather stand by an watch all this. Seems interesting though
    Whitoken for DreamBoard 1.1 in DreamStore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ech0riginal View Post
    I'd like to play, but I'm sh•t with Graphics, and I'd rather stand by an watch all this. Seems interesting though
    You could always find a partner that's great with graphics, and then you could do the coding! Just a suggestion! Would love to see you compete!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salander85 View Post
    You could always find a partner that's great with graphics, and then you could do the coding! Just a suggestion! Would love to see you compete!
    Meh, I have finals and I have ideas, just not the tools. i.e. Limitations of DreamBoard. lol maybe I can get Ecko666 to
    Whitoken for DreamBoard 1.1 in DreamStore

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How deep are the brackets (I guess based on how many enter). I guess no sleep for me (again), if I decide to partner up. I think I'd rather be a judge though (even though i'm in grasshoppa status LOL)... the java coders are going to have an advantage... also those that are webkit savvy. Might be a monopolization, but overall I think this will be bad ***.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    How deep are the brackets (I guess based on how many enter). I guess no sleep for me (again), if I decide to partner up. I think I'd rather be a judge though (even though i'm in grasshoppa status LOL)... the java coders are going to have an advantage... also those that are webkit savvy. Might be a monopolization, but overall I think this will be bad ***.
    Well, your work on GOW theme definitely goes beyond grasshoppa, haha. I'd love to have you onboard either way. The brackets will indeed depend upon how many enter. I'm hoping I can get at a minimum 8 teams, so that I can have a prelims, semis, and finals round.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salander85 View Post
    Well, your work on GOW theme definitely goes beyond grasshoppa, haha. I'd love to have you onboard either way. The brackets will indeed depend upon how many enter. I'm hoping I can get at a minimum 8 teams, so that I can have a prelims, semis, and finals round.
    I'm flattered homey!!! We shall see... maybe, if the theme requirements permit... the star wars theme would be entered, or Spawn, or Akira, or Macross, Voltron, Trazor Z, etc. etc. etc. as you can tell i'm not really a traditionalist (i'm old school, but some of these 'contemporary' theme are SCARY creative!! LOL Again, i'm truly humbled by your compliment. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast