Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: God of War (Released, two pack)

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    It shouldn't matter because the code in the plist isn't calling those images. It just doesn't automatically load images... they have be called forth... like this:

<key>ViewType</key>
    <string>ImageView</string>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/GodofWar/Images/.......@2x.png</string>

Get it?

And I stated when I repackaged it I packaged 'EVERYTHING'. I mean, you can delete the rest of the files, it doens't matter... they are not being called. The jpegs were the 'working' files that I used to build the theme... I used those in photoshop. I'll make a link on the first page....

Did the allapps show?

A good test for you is to compare the old with the new so you can see the code that is missing/changed to what it's showing now... to get more familiar with how things work... just a suggestion.

Yes... delete current.plist... and just like facebook... for some reason you have to touch the screen a little and the apps will show.
    Yea you gotta touch the screen for them to show...mayb the UserInteration setting is set wrong?? IDK, but yea, i will compare the two and see what is up...lik i said, might be easier to just remake another GOW.plist and see if it works. Better to start making the code....at least it stays in my head...

@kingjust - that worked perfectly, thanks again

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    Yea you gotta touch the screen for them to show...mayb the UserInteration setting is set wrong?? IDK, but yea, i will compare the two and see what is up...lik i said, might be easier to just remake another GOW.plist and see if it works. Better to start making the code....at least it stays in my head...
    Userinteraction allows you to actually tap on the icons and have it function... it doesn't make it dissappear... Like I said, I'm not sure... probably going to make another GOW theme, later though...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuachaill View Post
    @kingjust - that worked perfectly, thanks again
    Great, glad it worked!!!

Thanks

Userinteraction allows you to actually tap on the icons and have it function... it doesn't make it dissappear... Like I said, I'm not sure... probably going to make another GOW theme, later though...

Great, glad it worked!!!
    Alright, well, for now, ima keep the current working version cause it is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT...if you can make one that is alittle less RAM heavy and battery friendlier, i would get it. Lik i said, if my paypal was verified, i would so send a couple bucks, but since it is unverified, i cannot send any money...T_T....

Well, no luck for me, tried v3 for the allapps plist and still suffering from a case of permanent safemode.

sniff sniff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aauspitz View Post
    Well, no luck for me, tried v3 for the allapps plist and still suffering from a case of permanent safemode.

sniff sniff
    What firmware are ya on? Cause if i hav a higher firmware than you, then u should be able to run it. Hmmm, do ya got DB v1.1? Does your ipod have enough ram to run it? Enough space? no reason why it isn't working... Hmmm, really wierd...

What firmware are ya on? Cause if i hav a higher firmware than you, then u should be able to run it. Hmmm, do ya got DB v1.1? Does your ipod have enough ram to run it? Enough space? no reason why it isn't working... Hmmm, really wierd...
    Hey FrightDealer,

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.6 and DB Beta 1.1.1

I have plenty of RAM and 300MB of free space.

What's surprising is that I can run KJ's Tron theme just fine but as soon as I try any version of GoW, it puts me in safemode loop.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Hey FrightDealer,

What's surprising is that I can run KJ's Tron theme just fine but as soon as I try any version of GoW, it puts me in safemode loop.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    That's really surprising... Even with the new plist... That's crazy... You can try going to 4.3.3... seems to be working with that iOS.

sniff sniff
    Here, try these...

delete your info.plist, gow.plist... and replace with all 3.

GOWv4.rar

Alright, well, for now, ima keep the current working version cause it is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT...if you can make one that is alittle less RAM heavy and battery friendlier, i would get it. Lik i said, if my paypal was verified, i would so send a couple bucks, but since it is unverified, i cannot send any money...T_T....
    LESS RAM HEAVY... then how am I going to make cool animations???? LOLOLOL J/K... i'll see what I can do next go round!

Thanks FD!
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-06-02 at 11:40 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (2011-06-03)

Thanks

Hey FrightDealer,

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Mayb it doesnt work on 4.2.6, idrk cause iphone has different firmware versions that itouch. Mayb that is the problem? idk...but it is wierd.

Mayb it doesnt work on 4.2.6, idrk cause iphone has different firmware versions that itouch. Mayb that is the problem? idk...but it is wierd.
    If that's the case then us Verizon iPhone users are F*CKED! iOS 4.2.8 is the best we got.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    If that's the case then us Verizon iPhone users are F*CKED! iOS 4.2.8 is the best we got.
    DAM, must suck....but idk for sure, never really understood iphone firmware.

@KingJust,

Just a thought for less RAM, i mean lik the theme is hot, good at the current RAM it is using now, but i could never get RAM above 200 mb, only 130 mb. So yea. this current version uses lik 20 or 30 mb. Not complaining, just saying. But it is pro. As long as my RAM doesnt go below 80 mb, then it is alrights.

Ok so i just installed V3 fresh out the .rar and it worked absolutely fine. iPhone 4 4.2.8. I'm not sure what the V4 plists actually do so i'm not sure if i need to swap them out. And kingjust. I have a few requests if possible. Love the theme.

My requests are if you, or anyone else, could make me a mail icon to go on the first page, If you could tell me how to make the FB/Twitter widget just FB, and if you could tell me how to make the APPS section an all app grid but keep the other two the same. Thanks.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 2011-06-03 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks

Ok so i just installed V3 fresh out the .rar and it worked absolutely fine. iPhone 4 4.2.8. I'm not sure what the V4 plists actually do so i'm not sure if i need to swap them out. And kingjust. I have a few requests if possible. Love the theme.

My requests are if you, or anyone else, could make me a mail icon to go on the first page, If you could tell me how to make the FB/Twitter widget just FB, and if you could tell me how to make the APPS section an all app grid but keep the other two the same. Thanks.
    Easy... open up the plist and look for <!-- Core Icons -->. Underneath that is the code for the app icons. Look for bundleids. For instance, for mail you have com.apple.mobilPhone. Which ever you want to replace, just overwrite that code with the mail bundleid. I think it's...com.apple.mobilemail.

Just replace any of the bundleid's with that and your straight. I guess you could replace ipod or contacts...

DAM, must suck....but idk for sure, never really understood iphone firmware.

@KingJust,

Just a thought for less RAM, i mean lik the theme is hot, good at the current RAM it is using now, but i could never get RAM above 200 mb, only 130 mb. So yea. this current version uses lik 20 or 30 mb. Not complaining, just saying. But it is pro. As long as my RAM doesnt go below 80 mb, then it is alrights.
    I get what your saying man... will do better to conserve ram.

Here you go...

GOWspecial2.rar

Download, extract, remove special2, upload to phone... respring, voila!
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-06-03 at 02:28 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

Nice for you.

I can't believe that this is working on 4.2.8 and not on 4.2.6, crazyyyyy

KJ, I'm really frustrated but I appreciate everything you are doing to make this great theme work for everybody. Still not dice for me, even with your v4 plists.

I'm about ready to give up making this work on my phone, its a shame.

Thanks

Nice for you.

I can't believe that this is working on 4.2.8 and not on 4.2.6, crazyyyyy

KJ, I'm really frustrated but I appreciate everything you are doing to make this great theme work for everybody. Still not dice for me, even with your v4 plists.

I'm about ready to give up making this work on my phone, its a shame.
    Something is wrong with your device. Cause if it works on everyone elses, then it should do the same for you...either that or some type of coding error, idk. Ima take a look at the code tomorow, just downloaded Notepad++, Looks nice, love the layout of the program. Umm, so yea, this is sooooo LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGS. 2500 lines of code, and it is kinda complicated.

@kingjust

What is the point of having Current.plist if it is exactly lik GOW.plist? Why is GOW.plist, at the end, NULL? hmmm, idk, seems odd to me. but im new, kinda would help to know why they both the same in code but named differently....

Something is wrong with your device. Cause if it works on everyone elses, then it should do the same for you...either that or some type of coding error, idk. Ima take a look at the code tomorow, just downloaded Notepad++, Looks nice, love the layout of the program. Umm, so yea, this is sooooo LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGS. 2500 lines of code, and it is kinda complicated.
    Hey FD, I appreciate your help.

Nothing is wrong with my device, I can run all the DB themes out there, from the lightest to the heaviest (that'd be Tron by KJ).

Thanks

@kingjust

What is the point of having Current.plist if it is exactly lik GOW.plist? Why is GOW.plist, at the end, NULL? hmmm, idk, seems odd to me. but im new, kinda would help to know why they both the same in code but named differently....
    When your in edit mode... and you make a modification, say changing icons... to protect itself, it will create the current.plist. It will continue to use that for changes that the user does. Hence setting permissions.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When your in edit mode... and you make a modification, say changing icons... to protect itself, it will create the current.plist. It will continue to use that for changes that the user does. Hence setting permissions.
    So u make the current.plist or when u make ur theme, DB makes the current.plist as a backup of the themename.plist? This is so confusling. ill get it soon enuff

Easy... open up the plist and look for <!-- Core Icons -->. Underneath that is the code for the app icons. Look for bundleids. For instance, for mail you have com.apple.mobilPhone. Which ever you want to replace, just overwrite that code with the mail bundleid. I think it's...com.apple.mobilemail.

Just replace any of the bundleid's with that and your straight. I guess you could replace ipod or contacts...

Here you go...

GOWspecial2.rar

Download, extract, remove special2, upload to phone... respring, voila!
    Ok, Did it and it works great, except the facebook widget doesn't work.

Also, i need a mail and bitesms icon to match the rest.

Refer to attachment. Thanks KJ. Second theme that i've tried by you and both are just awesome. Keep it up. I'll donate when i get a job. lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0123.png  

Thanks

So u make the current.plist or when u make ur theme, DB makes the current.plist as a backup of the themename.plist? This is so confusling. ill get it soon enuff
    DB creates it only when you make an 'edit'... per se. You can use current plists though... interesting to say the least!

Refer to attachment. Thanks KJ. Second theme that i've tried by you and both are just awesome. Keep it up. I'll donate when i get a job. lol.
    Oh, I see what you are saying... the 'core' icons are custom... i'll get some up later on... it's late, been working on star wars, and i'm tired...

Facebook... gotta touch the screen for it so show up...

AHHHHH, don't mention it... ok that's out the way... here you go... it was quick!

Right click and save as...

Name:  Mail.png
Views: 270
Size:  2.4 KB

-bitesms-2x.png

-mail-2x.png

Just FYI... make a copy of the Mail.png, and rename it to biteSMS.png. Then copy all four files into your icons folder. Bam, BANG, POOM, POW!!! LOLOLOLOL Enjoy!
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-06-03 at 08:26 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast