Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TronForever (Released)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default TronForever (Released)
    -preview.png

Note: I run iOS 4.1, for thost that have difficulty... let me know and we can politic about it to come to a resoultion. Usually it's file naming, but being that all files are foriegn to iOS, it shouldn't be the theme.
    For those that have given me the critiques necessary to get to this point... I thank you.

To keep it short and sweet, TronForever.

Full Demo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtFe4WDm7E"]Demo[/ame]

Icons

Specs:

Three fully themed colors
    Massive amounts of places to put apps 60 x 9 to be exact
    Plenty of hiding and revealing for animations
    Weather widget with 'slide from under' 6 day forecast
    15 different hi res back grounds to choose from.
    3 default webkit based backgrounds of the glowing outlines of the suits. 'Tron, Main Character, and Clu leader'
    Switchable 'core' apps icons via a switcher button on the right side pane.

Umm, that's pretty much it. Went for form and function with beauty. I feel pretty good about this for a first Dreamboard Theme.

Also, you have immediately at your disposal, three icons:

Blue/White (Default)

-iconoverlay-2x.png

Yellow

-iconoverlayy-2x.png

Red

-iconoverlayr-2x.png

Now, the theme completely changes color as you saw in the Demo video. Here are some videos that show how to change the icons... sorry, but it requires ifile and about 1 min of your time. It is suggested that you only do this if you are going to stay with a theme color for a little while.

Here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMu25K4qEc"]Change Icons[/ame]

And this is the results:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uijd0WMml8E"]Results[/ame]

***Special Instructions***

Before adding apps in edit mode, be sure to set permissions of the Tron 'root' folder and the TronForever.plist to mobile, mobile... as such:

-img_0447.png

After doing that, then you can go ahead into edit mode and start adding your apps. Be be cautioned, I guess because of the amount of code being used, I would suggest only putting in 1 folders worth of apps, then hitting home to save and create the Current.plist file. It will respring, i'm sure of that.

So in the end, being that this is my cherry popping theme , i'm going to go with donations for this. I would like for those who do donate to be around 4 dollars. Why? You might ask, well i've been stewing back and forth... and decided to include all of my PSD's used to create the imagery. I guess that stemmed from a comment on a previous teaser thread of someone not really needing all of those folders. So including the PSD's allows you to customize your folder naming. Just do not rename the actual file, just the image. Be sure to download the Trn2 or something like that font. If not, you will not get the font that I have.

*** Note ***

I will be uploading the font file for download... wait until I get home today, and you should see it tonght where the rest of the downloads are!

*** Note ***

Just be careful and pay attention to the naming convention I use and the names of the files. For instance, if you want to change the health folder 'pane', you would have to change the glass pane image itself to put what ever wording you want, and the folder lable underneath. Keep in mind that there are 3 colors for each, and you are modifying 2 objects, so that is 6 total objects that are needed to be modified for 'your' customization. You'll understand once you get the files or theme and view all of the images in correlation to what you see on the phone themed.

*** Note ***

Please understand prior to donating that I will not be sending this or emailing this to anyone. Both files combined get up to 90 megs. So emailing is out of the question. I'm posting this because I recieved a PM stating that the person was waiting for the theme from me via an email. And I don't want no bad report because of false information or assumed actions. It's donation based, you don't have to donate (though it would be nice in support towards my next effort ***Considering a GOD OF WAR theme *** ). That is why I left it up to you, the individual, to download it if you want it.

Thanks again to everyone in support of this theme!!!

*** Note ***
    With out further ado:

Donations:

Paypal

And for the masses, the files (either right click 'save target as', or just click it and wait for the download to start:

Tron Theme
    PSD's

Simple instructions. Extract 'Tron' folder to desktop, SSH up to the Dreamboard folder. On the iphone, open DB, select TF, and enjoy. Any questions, please PM/IM me. I'll get to them as I can.

Thanks,

KingJust

Version 1.0 Revision:
    Some one asked for an all apps folder, so I modified what I need to get everything started. The productivity folder is completely an allappsgrid setup. But, with notepad++, you can view the code and dupiclate what i've done by marking out what I did, but just for the rest of the app panes, and then convert the allappsgrid, to an apps grid and put in your own apps in the code and have it scrollable.

Refer to this post HERE post 23, for the downloads. And grab the PSD's also if you would like to do the rest.
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-05-20 at 08:13 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (2011-05-19), cavman2004 (2011-05-20), eFXx (2011-05-19), j1o6sh (2011-05-19), lostinthemes (2011-05-20), Moose0704 (2011-05-19), Pii (2011-05-20), Them3this (2011-05-19), togomaku (2011-05-19), WhyNotCallMeRo (2011-05-19)

Thanks

Yes. Making video for this now!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salander85 View Post
    Yes. Making video for this now!!!
    LOL... what do you mean...

Haha, this theme look great man. Playing around with it now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    LOL... what do you mean...
    Haha, I make youtube videos reviewing themes and stuff! Check em out! OneUniti is my youtube name!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salander85 View Post
    Haha, I make youtube videos reviewing themes and stuff! Check em out! OneUniti is my youtube name!
    Cool, don't kill me man, my display recording was acting sucky!!! LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Haha, this theme look great man. Playing around with it now
    Thanks man... glad you like!
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-05-19 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

very good looking I just cant get it to keep my apps or change the weather otherwise looks awesome.

Buuf-juiced 4 life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,512 Times in 3,747 Posts

Will inside this one and make sure after testing it I wire some $

Keep it up mate!
    You have got talent

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

donate !! thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illcaptive View Post
    very good looking I just cant get it to keep my apps or change the weather otherwise looks awesome.
    Remember, the Tron folder itself in the dreamboard folder needs mobile, mobile for permissions, and the actual TronForever.plist file. That's what I have for mine... If all else fails... Download notebook++ and open the TronForever.plist. I've segmented all the code describing what each thing is. Look for the app pane... And start scrolling down. Better yet, do a find for 'NO ICON PLACEHOLDER'. And it will start off on the very first icon in the productivity pane... Every 4 entries is one row in your apps pane. Hope that helps. If you want videos I can do that also... And that's for anyone else having issues.

Thanks,

KJ

Hi and i love your work....i have a problem with the theme.
    im on ip4 running 4.2.1 and i cant seem to sort the weather on this beast!!
    Also it keeps repringing when i try to edit my apps,i have 1 folder sorted but thats it. Any help im in leeds uk.

Loved the film
    LOVE the theme

What's your paypal? Maybe I'm dumb and just didn't see it in the OP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevemind View Post
    Hi and i love your work....i have a problem with the theme.
    im on ip4 running 4.2.1 and i cant seem to sort the weather on this beast!!
    Also it keeps repringing when i try to edit my apps,i have 1 folder sorted but thats it. Any help im in leeds uk.

Loved the film
    LOVE the theme
    Thanks man...

The weather... if you are modifying the weather, it's here:

/Dreamboard/Tron/Widgets/iWeather/configureMe.js

look for 'var locale = "XXXXXXX", and enter a zip, or a city and state/country. Respring.

Here is what I did personally. When you finish verifying your apps took, click on dreamboard and go to another theme (default, it doesn't matter). Then get out of that one, then go back to Tron (in edit mode). That process worked for me. I couldn't find any other way around it and I don't know why it would do it. There is over 25k lines worth of code, and parsing it could be tasking it too much, that's why I insisted on a systematic approach in applying your apps. Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything else!

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    What's your paypal? Maybe I'm dumb and just didn't see it in the OP.
    It's at the very end of the first post... paypal in red. Thanks homey!!! What would you think of a God of War theme? Just asking a fellow themer of his input!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-05-19 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone dudeski's Avatar
    Thanks

"After doing that, then you can go ahead into edit mode and start adding your apps. Be be cautioned, I guess because of the amount of code being used, I would suggest only putting in 1 folders worth of apps, then hitting home to save and create the Current.plist file. It will respring, i'm sure of that."

-yes and then you will have to reboot otherwise you will be unable to get into edit mode again. kind of a pain in the arse. this is the only theme i have that does this. glad you gave people the option to download this theme before donating. also, no all apps grid?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dudeski View Post
    "After doing that, then you can go ahead into edit mode and start adding your apps. Be be cautioned, I guess because of the amount of code being used, I would suggest only putting in 1 folders worth of apps, then hitting home to save and create the Current.plist file. It will respring, i'm sure of that."

-yes and then you will have to reboot otherwise you will be unable to get into edit mode again. kind of a pain in the arse. this is the only theme i have that does this. glad you gave people the option to download this theme before donating. also, no all apps grid?
    Yeah, never knew why it would do that... but following that procedure will get it done. Also, you don't really need to reboot. Just get out of the theme, go to another theme, leave that one and come back to edit mode, BAM, done deal.

All apps grid would take away what I had conceptualized for organized structure. That is why I let people know to open in notepad++ because of all of the <!-- --> in the plist file denoting what is below it. Giving you the option to change what I made (which I know is not suitable for all) and make it suitable for them. Hey, options are a themers best friend! LOLOL
    Last edited by kingjust; 2011-05-19 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks

Default looks great
    love it but cant get the **** weather to work iam in the uk put the right code that i use for all my other themes and keep coming up not known and its doing my head in help please before i smash my iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me romg78's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 413 Posts

question regarding the weather..
    i tried several code in the both configure.js but ...

someone can give me the good code for paris in france?
    many thanks

Can anyone tell me how i can turn the "Productivity" folder into an All Apps section? that is all this theme is missing. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clark3529 View Post
    love it but cant get the **** weather to work iam in the uk put the right code that i use for all my other themes and keep coming up not known and its doing my head in help please before i smash my iphone
    Inside configureme.js, it states that if you are in the UK, you are suppose to put 'London, England'. The orginial widget is the iweather widget for those that want to look it up. I just put in my zip here in the states. What is the zip (or similar) for where you are?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romg78 View Post
    question regarding the weather..
    i tried several code in the both configure.js but ...

someone can give me the good code for paris in france?
    many thanks
    Paris, FR should work... Ahh, if I remember, this widget required a respring when ever you finished modifying the configureMe.js

-paris.jpg

See...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

romg78 (2011-05-20)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast