Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locus OS [preview]

Sweet can't wait to test this beta

Haha. I can't wait for it to be done!!

EDIT**

Have finalized a couple things on the basic lay-out of the theme, Im thinking of making it a more direct port of Inspired OS.

It would be great to hear some opinions,

Reasoning behind this would be, Inspired OS IMO was one of the best themes ever created, and needs re-craeted for dreamboard. Locus OS is an amazing concept, but currently dreamboard limits prevent me from making the theme everything that I want it to be, and Im not one to release a half-arsed theme. So I'm thinking that sticking to the Inspired Lay-out and then updating it with the elements I orginally had planned once dreamboard gives me the ability to do so. Long story short, This theme is going to start out fairly basic, with all the nav options, elements, and simple widgets. As time and dreamboard progress, I will update the theme HEAVILY for more of a Locus OS feel, In the end I will most likely have two completely seperate products lol.

tyler

New pics of desktop switcher and 2 rooms in a few hours, I think you guys will be pleased with the images so far..

You all know how much I like my RAM.

Wont be on for the next few hours as Im trying to get some of this finished.

ETA on beta : 72 hours and counting
    ETA on release : 240 hours and counting
    Last edited by Them3this; 2011-05-18 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

carlipods (2011-05-18), ChrisOSX (2011-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post

EDIT**

Have finalized a couple things on the basic lay-out of the theme, Im thinking of making it a more direct port of Inspired OS.

Reasoning behind this would be, Inspired OS IMO was one of the best themes ever created, and needs re-craeted for dreamboard. Locus OS is an amazing concept, but currently dreamboard limits prevent me from making the theme everything that I want it to be, and Im not one to release a half-arsed theme. So I'm thinking that sticking to the Inspired Lay-out and then updating it with the elements I orginally had planned once dreamboard gives me the ability to do so. Long story short, This theme is going to start out fairly basic, with all the nav options, elements, and simple widgets. As time and dreamboard progress, I will update the theme HEAVILY for more of a Locus OS feel, In the end I will most likely have two completely seperate products lol.

tyler

New pics of desktop switcher and 2 rooms in a few hours, I think you guys will be pleased with the images so far..

Thanks for the frequent updates Tyler. Inspired OS is also one of my favorite themes, and I think porting it over to Dreamboad + add some widgets (clock, calendar etc) would be an excellent idea.

Cheers,
    Jordan

Just finished up the desktop switcher adding it to the OP now. Let me know what you guys think. The font will change but the basic layout is done

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

FergusonsRedArmy (2011-05-19), JordanVH. (2011-05-19), rjrankin83 (2011-05-19), SnowLeo (2011-05-19)

I think it sounds like a good idea.

Then you could always have this one as the lite version? personally i havent really seen any widgets(besides calendar) that i have really cared about so widgets dont really interest me

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post

EDIT**

tyler

I would absolutely love it to be more of a direct port or iNspired OS however you should probably check with K.Nitsua and Zausser first to see if they're fine with that.

If you plan to go that route I would love to see the springboard notification icons for mail, calls, and messages that light up when there's a notification (shown off in the one of the last beta versions) and clicking on them to open them would be awesome. I would also love to see a similar home page layout with the little icons to take you to the pages.

I loved the actual setup itself with the general categories and then the specific categories within each page. I would love to see the exact same setup and possibly 2 separate ones like in Pro edition vs. Home edition. (pro was organized by places and home by app category).

The aspect I would want in a port the most though would be a full UI in HD but it would be impossible for anyone to try to match the UI of master Zausser.

Can't wait to see more from this theme!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

Them3this (2011-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    I would absolutely love it to be more of a direct port or iNspired OS however you should probably check with K.Nitsua and Zausser first to see if they're fine with that.

If you plan to go that route I would love to see the springboard notification icons for mail, calls, and messages that light up when there's a notification (shown off in the one of the last beta versions) and clicking on them to open them would be awesome. I would also love to see a similar home page layout with the little icons to take you to the pages.

I loved the actual setup itself with the general categories and then the specific categories within each page. I would love to see the exact same setup and possibly 2 separate ones like in Pro edition vs. Home edition. (pro was organized by places and home by app category).

The aspect I would want in a port the most though would be a full UI in HD but it would be impossible for anyone to try to match the UI of master Zausser.

Can't wait to see more from this theme!
    I have been unable to contact either of hem after MANY tries, so I figured as long as I used NONE of thier images I would be alright.

I agree with you on everything you said snow, I plan on releasing two versions, Locus and Inspired.

The UI however is up in arms, I cant match the quality of thier UI's so i dont know if its even worth trying, will most likely just suggest a previous winterboard UI to run alongside as I did with rooted.

Snow, is this what you were hoping to see on my theme?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-05-19)

Livin the iPhone Life jelleheindryckx's Avatar
    Thanks

tyler could you answer my pm i send you?
    think it was yesterday
    I know your bussy so sorry if you didn't get the chance to answer
    think of the great look it could have on the ipad
    would really make it bussines like

greetings

jelle

Quote Originally Posted by jelleheindryckx View Post
    tyler could you answer my pm i send you?
    think it was yesterday
    I know your bussy so sorry if you didn't get the chance to answer
    think of the great look it could have on the ipad
    would really make it bussines like

greetings

jelle
    I will respond to your PM, but I already know what your asking, and you already know the answer....

New pic up in the OP..

Awesome! That is exaxtly what I wanted to see! Keep up the great work bro.

Tip: if you want to make it look more like Zaussers add some grain to the background (:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

Them3this (2011-05-19)

I really like the desktop switcher. Maybe you could add some more transparency into it rather than using the matte style? Like in "the office" its all clear transparency etc. Also, will the "Work" desktop be linking to "the office"? Dont change 'the office'! it looks good

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JordanVH. For This Useful Post:

Them3this (2011-05-19)

Hahaha, these are just to get ideas across, everything will be tidied up to be nice and clean.

I have a few ideas for the switcher I wanna try.

@Snow Im gunna PM you if thats cool, would like to get a little more input from you.

looking good though guys?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheBeastSS2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 317 Posts

lookin real good, wish I could have helped you

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastSS2 View Post
    lookin real good, wish I could have helped you
    Sorry bro. Appreciate the offer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheBeastSS2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 317 Posts

it's cool, I can accept rejection lol, but on a serious note, progress so far looks amazing, I know everyone is giving you different suggestions on which direction to go with the theme, but I think my only constructive criticism thus far would be to stick to your guns. "The Office" top bar was glossy and sleek IMHO, while the top bar in the desktop switcher is matte and not AS sleek. I would like to see that glossy/sleek look throughout the theme, but this is of course my opinion and this is your theme, with which you can do it however you like. Regardless, I will be purchasing the beta/completed theme once available. Hopefully I won't be out to sea when released (US Navy(submarine)).

Thanks

Love it! but im not crazy for the font. donation ready!
    Thanks to all those who do what I can't
    Z - K - Wy - Bars - Blue - Li - Darkness

and many more

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nomercy413 For This Useful Post:

Them3this (2011-05-19)

Im not crazy for the font either, Honestly thats whats killing me right now. I cant decide on a font I really like.

Made some changes to the desktop switcher and such.

NEED your guys opinions, the desktop switcher will have a dock with Mail/Phone/SMS

In the inspired OS theme, no other pages had a dock. Should I stick true to that? Or add a dock for each room with Phone/Mail/SMS?

Here is an Updated Image of the desktop switcher, I just need to change up the Icons a little and I think it will be ready.

tyler
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -desktopswitcher.png  

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

markfern811 (2011-05-19), Moose0704 (2011-05-19)

Looks even better(:

Yeah itd prob be best to have the dock apps on all pages.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

Them3this (2011-05-19)

i've gotta disagree. i think you'd be better off having the phone/sms/mail solely on the main page. another thing i wanted to point out was the settings icon. i'm sure anyone could swap it out later- just wanted to say it doesn't go with the realism of the others quite so well.

hopefully you'll get the font ironed out. i'll definitely be contributing towards this with the rest of em.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to kampongkid For This Useful Post:

Them3this (2011-05-19)

I think so too, but its going to be hidden, Im going to put a "dock tab" so that way it maintains the original look, as well as keeping functionality.

Im very tired though, time for bed. Night all

tyler

Good point with the settings Icon im just noticing that now too..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast