Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 363

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: LOPEARD OS IV - beta candidate

  1. #201
    formerly known as VaioOSX ChrisOSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    root
    Posts
    795
    Thanks
    1,022
    Thanked 433 Times in 282 Posts

    Ok got the whole name thing now...so it was intentional lol

    Me personally I would go with option 2, although the dashboard widgets is a nice concept, I know people would start complaining about ram...mine ran fine, you see in my last screenshot I was running at about 320mb, but to be able to choose your widgets would be nice.

    What I would like to see (my wish list)

    -I like the spaces where it is but if you choose to redo it with the drop down, it would be cool to have a overview, like on OSX, n then you choose the one you want to pop up. Instead of swiping to get to the one you want...The stacks frame would look really good I think...just expand it.

    -Maybe a way to integrate the statusbar into the theme one?

    -Make the trash can icon close everything thats open/active

    -the search icon either functional or replace with something that will open the wallpaper changer window...instead of tapping almost anywhere to bring it up.

    Thats all I can think of with the lack of coffee in my system lol, but I did just notice that when I tried adding a icon to the dock in edit mode, it wont show...yet I tap the empty space and the app I chose will open...weird

    Still messing with it, I scratched my mod I had going and starting over lol

  2. #202
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    I was talking about how u rotated the status bar and then made the carrier image rly wide for the first lopeard


    And as for the static/dynamic thing i think its perfectly fine how it is, stuff u see and use all the time should be in the main view, and stuff that u dont use often but takes up a lot of memory to be in the background(widgets) should be dynamically loaded
    yeah... i figured that out too (statusbar)
    wasn't it the carrier that pushed the rest over to the left?
    I think for winterboard I also changed the position of the time.
    I will not use Winterboard, so this is basically just going to do what DreamBoard lets me.

    About the dynamic...
    It's definitely far from perfect. The dynamic views work fine for some cases, but making a theme like Lopeard is not standard. Dynamic views would need some more functionality (maybe park a dynamic view instead of removing it) this way a lot of stuff would get saved.

    Parking a view? HUH???
    I actually mean to save the content of the view (with all inserted or removed views) and calling the saved view when inserted again. It's definitely possible to do this and would give us a lot more possibilities.

    Dreamboard is all about not having to use other apps to make a theme... right???
    well and about making themes do anything you want.

    DreamBoard needs a lot of work to do this.

    Using DynamicViews really saves the RAM, but also makes it slower in actions. every view that is loaded takes a while. (I removed the allAPPS and made it dynamic which really saves a lot of RAM...even more than the dashboard and I don't even have that many apps on my iphone right now but it loads pretty slow)



    Well and until that SAFE MODE thing isn't fixed in DreamBoard I will not make a final release of this theme.

    Quote Originally Posted by VaioOSX View Post
    Ok got the whole name thing now...so it was intentional lol

    Me personally I would go with option 2, although the dashboard widgets is a nice concept, I know people would start complaining about ram...mine ran fine, you see in my last screenshot I was running at about 320mb, but to be able to choose your widgets would be nice.

    What I would like to see (my wish list)

    -I like the spaces where it is but if you choose to redo it with the drop down, it would be cool to have a overview, like on OSX, n then you choose the one you want to pop up. Instead of swiping to get to the one you want...The stacks frame would look really good I think...just expand it.

    -Maybe a way to integrate the statusbar into the theme one?

    -Make the trash can icon close everything thats open/active

    -the search icon either functional or replace with something that will open the wallpaper changer window...instead of tapping almost anywhere to bring it up.

    Thats all I can think of with the lack of coffee in my system lol, but I did just notice that when I tried adding a icon to the dock in edit mode, it wont show...yet I tap the empty space and the app I chose will open...weird

    Still messing with it, I scratched my mod I had going and starting over lol
    I already read those ideas in your earlier post.

    STACKS: is going to be just like you said + a exact copy of the actual open windows (I just found a way this morning) It's a lot of thinking but still pretty logical. I need to duplicate some views though. Using the divide option and the setters and getters it's actually no problem to make the stacks grid as it is on OS X.

    DASHBOARD: I think I will make the dashboard NON-dynamic, but the single widgets. I don't think people actally use more than 3 widgets + they don't really take up too much memory (you can test it opening the dashboard and then looking how your RAM changes)

    anyways how could you get 320 RAM anyways? my max is 298 on iPhone 4 16GB 4.3.1


    STATUSBAR: waiting for DreamBoard to integrate something COOL (like calling the Bluetooth, clock and WIFI...etc)

    TRASH: this is last on my list.... I don't care about trash (wordplay joke)

    SPOTLIGHT: also waiting for a cool DreamBoard feature or I'll look for some kind of search app.


    Everything is gonna be as it should.... having wallpapers open on spotlight is definitely not realistic so it's a definite NO....

    Damn I'm spending too much time on this thing..... but it's soooooooo much fun to do it
    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-21 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lopeard For This Useful Post:

    ChrisOSX (2011-05-21)

  4. #203
    This theme looks great! I'd love to try it out, but DreamBoard doesn't work for me. If you could kindly tell me how to fix it, I can then try this theme out.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...-shows-up.html

  5. #204
    formerly known as VaioOSX ChrisOSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    root
    Posts
    795
    Thanks
    1,022
    Thanked 433 Times in 282 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopeard View Post
    yeah... i figured that out too (statusbar)
    wasn't it the carrier that pushed the rest over to the left?
    I think for winterboard I also changed the position of the time.
    I will not use Winterboard, so this is basically just going to do what DreamBoard lets me.

    About the dynamic...
    It's definitely far from perfect. The dynamic views work fine for some cases, but making a theme like Lopeard is not standard. Dynamic views would need some more functionality (maybe park a dynamic view instead of removing it) this way a lot of stuff would get saved.

    Parking a view? HUH???
    I actually mean to save the content of the view (with all inserted or removed views) and calling the saved view when inserted again. It's definitely possible to do this and would give us a lot more possibilities.

    Dreamboard is all about not having to use other apps to make a theme... right???
    well and about making themes do anything you want.

    DreamBoard needs a lot of work to do this.

    Using DynamicViews really saves the RAM, but also makes it slower in actions. every view that is loaded takes a while. (I removed the allAPPS and made it dynamic which really saves a lot of RAM...even more than the dashboard and I don't even have that many apps on my iphone right now but it loads pretty slow)



    Well and until that SAFE MODE thing isn't fixed in DreamBoard I will not make a final release of this theme.



    I already read those ideas in your earlier post.

    STACKS: is going to be just like you said + a exact copy of the actual open windows (I just found a way this morning) It's a lot of thinking but still pretty logical. I need to duplicate some views though. Using the divide option and the setters and getters it's actually no problem to make the stacks grid as it is on OS X.

    DASHBOARD: I think I will make the dashboard NON-dynamic, but the single widgets. I don't think people actally use more than 3 widgets + they don't really take up too much memory (you can test it opening the dashboard and then looking how your RAM changes)

    anyways how could you get 320 RAM anyways? my max is 298 on iPhone 4 16GB 4.3.1


    STATUSBAR: waiting for DreamBoard to integrate something COOL (like calling the Bluetooth, clock and WIFI...etc)

    TRASH: this is last on my list.... I don't care about trash (wordplay joke)

    SPOTLIGHT: also waiting for a cool DreamBoard feature or I'll look for some kind of search app.


    Everything is gonna be as it should.... having wallpapers open on spotlight is definitely not realistic so it's a definite NO....

    Damn I'm spending too much time on this thing..... but it's soooooooo much fun to do it
    Yah the only real widgets I personally use would be the Calendar and a Weather widget....calculator lags a little so I'll prob nix that along with the tile game.

    Dreamboard has come a long way, and I'm pretty sure Wynd is working hard on it, just like you are working hard on this awesome theme....All in due time, I have all the patience in the world lol.

    Spotlight granted is not a reality yet but it would be cool, and I wasn't meaning having that specific icon open up the wallpaper changer, but maybe a additional icon to do so.

    This theme is driving me crazy lol cuz I have really no clue what all the new code Wynd has implemented does yet, I know simple basic stuff and modding this new sets of code is proving more challenging. I can't even imaging starting this off from scratch, I tip my hat to you and your skills to even create something like this. Not jsut to you but to any DB themer.

    Truly amazing, bottom line. And it can only get better.

    Forgot to mention my RAM, yah I dont know how I run that much, I did recently downgrade back to 4.1 cuz 4.3.2 was eating a lot of it running the same themes....but with 4.1 on 90% of my themes I run a average of 300....even with all my tweaks from cydia active. Stock I run around 350
    Last edited by ChrisOSX; 2011-05-21 at 04:14 PM.

  6. #205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    but I did just notice that when I tried adding a icon to the dock in edit mode, it wont show...yet I tap the empty space and the app I chose will open...weird
    is it the iPod icon????? it won't show on my iPhone (not even in the allApps grid)
    the rest of the icons work for me... even edited

  7. #206
    formerly known as VaioOSX ChrisOSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    root
    Posts
    795
    Thanks
    1,022
    Thanked 433 Times in 282 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopeard View Post
    is it the iPod icon????? it won't show on my iPhone (not even in the allApps grid)
    the rest of the icons work for me... even edited
    Yah it was, and yah I notice the same thing, it shows in some of my other themes, hm maybe need to change the id in the plist.

  8. #207
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Trust me.... Dreamboard theming is easy once you know how it works.
    I wrote every single line in the plist.... And it's only the thinking that makes my head smoke

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lopeard For This Useful Post:

    ChrisOSX (2011-05-21)

  10. #208
    i usually copy and paste exisitng stuff and modify it =P the </> tage are a pain to type..

    anyway one way u can "park" a view.. im not rly sure what ur getting at but say u have a button that launches a dynamic view right? but u cant save ur "set x" and "set image" which is what u want im guessing? so what u do is have a variable. that variable = 0. if the variable is 0 then you load the dynamic view how it is by default.. HOWEVER if the variable is 1 or even other numbers you perform additional actions! and the variable can be set by anything, so for example if you want to show a list of open finder windows when u tap the finder icon in the dock, you could have a bunch of variable for every finder window, set to 0 when they are closed and when they are open set to 1. and then when u make the list of open ones it only shows the ones that have that variable as 1. do u get it? look up variables and conditionals in the wiki, very useful

  11. #209
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Wow.. this new MMI theme (version) is something I really don't like...
    no preview pics... no last reply button (well it's not working)
    I hope it also has some plus points..

    Back to topic.

    The Spacesoverview (showing a small version of ALL spaces) works really well...

    if I move a window to a different space it will also be like that in the overview.
    Just like OS X. (it will change dynamically and update the positions of the current windows) yet if no windows are open they wil still show in the overview.

    is there a method that can call
    "if View is shown or hidden do this or that"
    or
    "if View is inserted or not do this or that"

    ??????
    I'm doing a few more tweaks to it and need to make some images... then I'll post a screenshot of how it looks...



    EDIT: If the two asked for "if"-actions do not work, I found a workaround (ugly but it works)

    EDIT2: preview... the windows display where they currently are. Tapping on a space will go to that space
    These are not the finals... just a preview




    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-23 at 09:25 AM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lopeard For This Useful Post:

    ChrisOSX (2011-05-23)

  13. #210
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    i usually copy and paste exisitng stuff and modify it =P the </> tage are a pain to type..

    anyway one way u can "park" a view.. im not rly sure what ur getting at but say u have a button that launches a dynamic view right? but u cant save ur "set x" and "set image" which is what u want im guessing? so what u do is have a variable. that variable = 0. if the variable is 0 then you load the dynamic view how it is by default.. HOWEVER if the variable is 1 or even other numbers you perform additional actions! and the variable can be set by anything, so for example if you want to show a list of open finder windows when u tap the finder icon in the dock, you could have a bunch of variable for every finder window, set to 0 when they are closed and when they are open set to 1. and then when u make the list of open ones it only shows the ones that have that variable as 1. do u get it? look up variables and conditionals in the wiki, very useful
    I also c&p views and edit those

    I will have a look at the variables...
    Let me finish the spacesView.... Then I'll give variables a try.
    I also need it to get the wallpaper and transparent/opaque statusbar after respring

    I am near 6000 lines of code... This doesn't make it easy to modify it with varables... But I guess I have no other choice than integrating variables

  14. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopeard View Post
    I also c&p views and edit those

    I will have a look at the variables...
    Let me finish the spacesView.... Then I'll give variables a try.
    I also need it to get the wallpaper and transparent/opaque statusbar after respring

    I am near 6000 lines of code... This doesn't make it easy to modify it with varables... But I guess I have no other choice than integrating variables
    you should definetly be using variables its so much simpler and easier.. im not quite sure how u are doing this without them

    also like the wiki says, use "set alpha", not show/hide. u can also "get alpha" i think

  15. #212
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    you should definetly be using variables its so much simpler and easier.. im not quite sure how u are doing this without them

    also like the wiki says, use "set alpha", not show/hide. u can also "get alpha" i think
    I tried get alpha which gave me some safe modes, that's why I did it this way.... (but it could be that I had some mistakes in my code)



    EDIT:
    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-23 at 10:34 PM.

  16. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopeard View Post
    I tried get alpha which gave me some safe modes, that's why I did it this way.... (but it could be that I had some mistakes in my code)
    yea its a bit different cuz its a real not a integer

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

    Predator721 (2011-05-24)

  18. #214
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    I definitely need show/hide to make lopeard.
    Alpha just doesn't do the trick. I can use it in some parts, but not all.

    The Variables... WOW I really need time to figure out how to integrate these into lopeard....

  19. #215
    Buuf-juiced 4 life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Inside a Plist
    Posts
    6,519
    Thanks
    5,352
    Thanked 8,513 Times in 3,748 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopeard View Post
    I definitely need show/hide to make lopeard.
    Alpha just doesn't do the trick. I can use it in some parts, but not all.

    The Variables... WOW I really need time to figure out how to integrate these into lopeard....
    Why the hell our you a green apple?
    Hahahaha, that must taste sour?

  20. #216
    How the heck does it only work in some parts its the same thIng

  21. #217
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    There are some occasions where alpha does not work.
    Examples
    --As soon as alpha is set to an image i can touch views beneath.
    --scrollviews do not support alpha
    --...etc

    If you take a look at the sourcecode of Lopeard you can see how I use hide/show for some views.
    Maybe variables will change that but there are quite a few show/hide which I cannot remove at this point.

    Well I need to finish a few webpages this week + I got a few big projects coming up the next month.
    I will not release an update until I got the variables to work

    The current BETA will be given to developers on request only.
    The public BETA should work fine.

    NEWS on the current (dev) BETA:
    --included a spaces overview
    --changes on the behavior of the Finder and its windows

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone4GRo View Post
    Why the hell our you a green apple?
    Hahahaha, that must taste sour?
    Who cares about titles???
    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-26 at 11:27 AM.

  22. #218
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Progressreport:

    Wallpaper:
    Wallpaper uses Variables.
    Wallpaper saves on themechange

    Dashboard:
    Choose the widgets you want on your Dashboard. (WIP)
    All Views are dynamic

    Spaces:
    Spaces has an overview now (show all spaces)
    (WIP)
    All active windows are shown in the current spaces.

  23. #219
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts

    Dashboard: manage widgets ...YES



    Spaces: Overview (windows only show if and where they are currently active)

    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-26 at 11:25 PM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lopeard For This Useful Post:

    ChrisOSX (2011-05-27), rokindeez (2011-05-27)

  25. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopeard View Post
    Dashboard: manage widgets ...YES



    Spaces: Overview (windows only show if and where they are currently active)

    Wow COOL!!!!!

    Made some icons tell me what you think. Not form scratch of course from mac osx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0480.png   -img_0479.png  

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •