Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 / 3GS HTC Clock & Weather Widget

Quote Originally Posted by lil red wagon View Post
    Sorry it has taken a while for me to get these posted up, but for those who asked, here are my "trueglass" HTC images... (laptop got hit with a virus, has really jacked up my week)
    Thanks for this. Could someone please modify it slightly please? The 'frame' around the clock is overlapping the "Lo: temperature" in the bottom right corner.
    Other than that, it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by MuseFan288 View Post
    what should I do if i want it only on the springboard not the lockscreen?
    Just delete LockBackground.html

I remember reading in a post that you said you had this clear glass for lock info also, do you mind sharing????? And not can you tell me what to edit in the HTML I'm not sure but does it have something to do with the FFFFFF GGGGGG codes???

Quote Originally Posted by exclusive1979 View Post
    I remember reading in a post that you said you had this clear glass for lock info also, do you mind sharing????? And not can you tell me what to edit in the HTML I'm not sure but does it have something to do with the FFFFFF GGGGGG codes???
    i didn't change any codes in the html, all i did was use ifunbox, and replace the images with ones i made

is it possible to get a wiper blade animation with this theme.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am new to the forums and looking for advice on changing the location after downloading the widget from Cydia last night.

The problem I am having is that I can't seem to find 'htcweatherwidget.html' in the folder? I have navigated to the Private/Weatherwidget folder but can't see the html file anywhere.

I did look in 'lockbackground' and was able to change locale there, but when I entered my location I ended up with a blank screen with a tiny blue box with a question mark in it?

Does it recognise UK zip codes rather than typing in the actual location (ie: London, UK) ?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I did have this working before on my old 3GS but since upgraded to an iPhone 4 and would love to have this working again

regards, Mike.

Atleast you can find the weatherwidget folder under private. I can't even find that on my 4.1 iPhone 4 on AT&T.

Can anyone give me some help on how to figure out how to change my locale for this widget. I have looked in iFile to try and locate the folders but when I go to private I do not see a weatherwidget folder.

I see
    /private/etc
    or
    /private/var

That is it.

Thanks

Because your in the Root of the phone, not the Theme folder where you should be.

You need to goto /Library/Themes/HTC Weather Widget.theme/Private and it should be in there, but that is where I'm stuck... htcweatherwidget.html is just not there?

Result!

Ok I navigated to library/themes/htc weather widget.theme/ and opened lockbackground.html and I found about halfway down the change location option. So I used this website (which I found through another thread):

Weather Location Codes/IDs

used my location code, clicked save and resprung my iPhone4 and low and behold... It works! :-)

i've hit a slight problem, I have edited the Temperature - I have it displayed in Celsius but the problem is it has an 'F' next to it, can anyone help me out in changing the F to a C?
    Last edited by mmac78; 2011-01-28 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mmac78 View Post
    Because your in the Root of the phone, not the Theme folder where you should be.

You need to goto /Library/Themes/HTC Weather Widget.theme/Private and it should be in there, but that is where I'm stuck... htcweatherwidget.html is just not there?

Result!

Ok I navigated to library/themes/htc weather widget.theme/ and opened lockbackground.html and I found about halfway down the change location option. So I used this website (which I found through another thread):

Weather Location Codes/IDs

used my location code, clicked save and resprung my iPhone4 and low and behold... It works! :-)

i've hit a slight problem, I have edited the Temperature - I have it displayed in Celsius but the problem is it has an 'F' next to it, can anyone help me out in changing the F to a C?

Thanks man. That actually really helped me out locate the file. Now the only question is what does the text look like that you have to edit to change for your location?

Do you change the zip code in

function fetchWeatherData (callback, zip)

or is there someplace else I am supposed to do that?

Again, thank you very much. Atleast I am making headway with your help.

Thanks

no don't change that, scroll down further to just over halfway down til you see 'var locale = " *ENTER YOUR LOCATION HERE* / / e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio' etc etc...

after 'var locale =' you must enter your location here, check my post above for the site which will give you the exact code you need :-)

i'm having problems changing the 'F' to a 'C' in temperature, as I changed mine over to Celsius but can't find how to edit it

Quote Originally Posted by mmac78 View Post
    no don't change that, scroll down further to just over halfway down til you see 'var locale = " *ENTER YOUR LOCATION HERE* / / e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio' etc etc...

after 'var locale =' you must enter your location here, check my post above for the site which will give you the exact code you need :-)

i'm having problems changing the 'F' to a 'C' in temperature, as I changed mine over to Celsius but can't find how to edit it
    You are a god sir. That worked perfectly. Now it shows up with my home town. Awesome! Thank you very much for walking me through that.

I tried changing some stuff to see if I could get it to change from f to c but couldn't figure it out either.

But thank you for your help.

Thanks

excellent news, glad to have been of assistance.

Just hope someone can shed some light on the temperature reading

edit: found it!
    Last edited by mmac78; 2011-01-29 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love the widget! I'm having a little trouble though...

Most of the time the whole thing works great, the weather icon shows up and all. But sometimes I'll run into an issue (I've noticed it happens most after a respring) where the status will be "undefined" (where it's supposed to say 'clear'/'rain'/'sunny'/etc), and there will be a large analog clock where the weather image should be. I've looked around and PM'd a couple people but no one's been able to help!

If you know how to resolve this let me know it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks

deleted.
    Last edited by pen.suhl; 2011-01-29 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Being stupid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really like this Theme no even better I LOVE IT!
    Last edited by Heroctic; 2011-01-29 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Edited

Quote Originally Posted by Tombdaddy482 View Post
    I am a noob and I need help doing this!! Can someone give me step by step instructions how to do this in iFile please!! I would really appreciate it!!
    Can someone please help me out on this! I have tried wverything and I can't get rid of the blue question mark box and border!! Please help me!! I have an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1. Thanks

Thanks

I also have had the same picture since installing it.. A sunny day, at night? Confused!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tombdaddy482 View Post
    Can someone please help me out on this! I have tried wverything and I can't get rid of the blue question mark box and border!! Please help me!! I have an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1. Thanks
    are you talking about this.

Default HTC Widget for iPhone 3GS
    Here you have two options:
    1. HTC Widget with Weather
    2. HTC Widget No Weather
    (Checkout screenshots)

You will need to have the following:

1. Winterboard (from Cydia)
    2. Lockscreen Clock Hide (from Cydia "ModMyi Repo")
    3. OpenSSH (from Cydia) or use "iPhone Explorer" included in the download

Custom Wallpaper:

You can change the wallpaper of each Widget to your own.
    You will have to delete the one located in "Private" folder
    Rename your custom background to "wallpaper" & copy to the "Private" folder
    Make sure the size is 320x 480
    Make sure it's a .png file

Set your weather location:

Edit the "WeatherWidget.html" file in the "Private\WeatherWidget" folder
    Search for "var locale" and put your zip in the " " ... (ex: var locale = "10461")

Copy both Widgets to: /var/stash/Themes
    Set the one you want to use in Winterboard

HTC Widgets.rar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -htc_weather.png   -htc_no_weather.png  

I don't think this works on 4.2.1 because it worked fine on my 4.1 but now that I've updated to 4.2.1 all I get is a black background with a white line border

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast