Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [CYDIA RELEASE!] iMagine HD & SD

First... I would like say, iMagine is a Great theme! It's one of the first themes I bought from Themeit. Anyway thanks for the post about where to go to change your location!! Also is there a icon for QickLock?

guys im still having problem with the conatcts icon i already have the 4.2 fix activated

Quote Originally Posted by nejidark View Post
    guys im still having problem with the conatcts icon i already have the 4.2 fix activated
    Here is what I had to do..make sure that summerboard mode is on in winterboard. Then using ifile Or ssh and go into the imagine theme file where it has bundles and Uiimages folders then create a file called Icons with a capital
    I..then put the contacts icon that you want it to be..and name it "Contacts" or whatever the icons exact name is on your springboard..let me know if you understand what I mean I can prolly give a tutorial with pics when I get to my pc later if you need it..idk why but nobody on this forum helps anybody out..not even the creator of the theme..

hi, I would like to knw, how can I change my lockscreen animated picture to my own? can it be animated too?

secondly, when I installed the theme, and after clicking a folder, the background changes to my old one. when I exit the folder it changes back to theme wallpaper. how can I prevent from hapenning?

Quote Originally Posted by killer86sg View Post
    hi, I would like to knw, how can I change my lockscreen animated picture to my own? can it be animated too?
    I found the ans for this. but still looking for the second one..

I also like to add that for the keyboard theme included, when I press the "$" button it came out as "". When I silent the phone, the proper image "Audio Disable" did not appear. The weather icon too remains the same. The folder background image also did not appear to be the one that came with the theme. Please advice what I supposed to do. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by killer86sg View Post
    , The weather icon too remains the same.
    this issue has already been resolve.just need to donload the liveweather. the clock too need to download the liveclock from cydia. now left with the folder background images, the keyboard error and the silent phone icon did not appear.
    Last edited by killer86sg; 2011-03-30 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I purchased theme because it said there was an iAcces keyboard. Where is it?

Problem with weather themes. LS weather shows partly cloudy with a blue sky. 1st Shift weather shows partly cloudy with a black sky. I checked the images in the folders and they are both named correctly. Is it a problem with the CSS file pulling the wrong image? Also, the partly cloudy image has the black background and the mostly cloudy image has a blue sky background. I can fix this by swapping the image names but I don't know how to get ls and 1st shift to show the same image. Thanks

Dude!!!! You really need to update this theme in Cydia. No keyboard, LS doesn't work and time code is messed up. It shows 00 instead of 12 for the time. The second box doesn't show. The weather widget for springboard doesn't work. Nice theme but you really should perfect it a little more before you release it and charge money for it. I will be asking for a refund. An answer to my pm would have been nice.
    Last edited by radiationburn; 2011-04-12 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Theme clearly states compatible with 4.2, and it's funny that you're the only person having all this trouble...
    While the theme will be receiving an update later this week for 4.3 compatibility (as will all of my other themes), I wish there was a way I could intentionally block you from receiving it. You all can call me what you want but I'm sick and tired of listening to people like you come on and bash my work publicly because you can't follow a set up file.

Good evening.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-05-15 at 10:30 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary comments

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

EdgeNsketch (2011-05-16)

@Anonomy... U gonna make this for dreamboard?

Default Dock label
    Yo dude, I was wondering if you can tell me how to add labels to the dock icons? Thanks.

how can download this theme?

Boy it's been an awfully long week hasn't it? Still waiting for that 4.3 update promised over a month ago.

I can see by the overwhelming number of posts on your forum thatALL the other people NOT having problems with this theme probably totals about 3. Maybe the reason that the theme seems to have died a slow painful death (a real shame because the theme is really good) is because of you and lack of support and mistreatment of the people that PAID YOU for it. Take a good long look in the mirror before you decide to bad mouth someone and call them an *** in a public forum. Have a nice life.

Just to be clear I didn't "bash" your work. I only asked to be provided with the items that were promised in the theme when I paid for it. They were not included and I feel that is false advertising. If you had just taken two minutes to respond to my PM it never would have gone this far. My apologies for my language in my last post. A like response would be appreciated as I DO know how to read and was just looking for a little help.
    Last edited by radiationburn; 2011-05-15 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radiationburn For This Useful Post:

EdgeNsketch (2011-05-16), gwtracy (2011-06-06)

Author posted on 16 Feb that the iMagine keyboard would be submitted to Cydia "shortly" but I can't find it there. I purchased the theme because, among other reasons, of the keyboard. Is it or is it not available on Cydia?
    Last edited by gwtracy; 2011-06-06 at 03:16 PM.

gwtracy, good luck getting a response from the theme's creator. He seems to be one to take people's money and then forget about the support aspect of creating a theme. I waited over a month for a response and then all the guy did was badmouth me and call me stupid. He seems to forget that we paid HIM our hard earned money for his theme. His motto seems to be "Take the money and run. You may be waiting a very long time for a response. The keyboard was the single reason I bought the theme as well. Too bad, it's s really nice theme and has a lot if potential. Unfortunately the creator seems to have better things to do. Look a couple of posts back where he promises an update for the theme I a week. That was well over a month ago. Ce la vie!
    Nuclear is nice!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to radiationburn For This Useful Post:

gwtracy (2011-06-06)

Hey radiationburn, I happen to agree with the substance of your message if not your delivery. I felt that you meant to offer constructive criticism. I think I understand your aggravation also about paying for a product that hasn't really risen to the level of deserving payment

Having invested a few hours screwing around with the visually delightful but technically unfinished iMagine theme leaves no question in my mind that it is far from complete. In its current state iMagine in no way qualifies as a "release candidate" nor does it conform to any reasonable standard of an app for which payment is merited. Clearly it was released as a "paid app" prematurely. Perhaps as a result of greed, or just due to the author's naivete. I prefer to believe it was the latter.

To the author I would say, yes, I read and understood your setup files. And no I'm not a noob. I have considerably more than an elemental understanding of the technology. Almost certainly I have more experience and knowledge of the platform for which you're developing than you are likely to acquire in the next few years. So far I've created and sold three successful software companies for many millions, owing in large part to a hard-won understanding of software design, human engineering, and professionalism.

Why do I think the iMagine theme is incomplete and not deserving of payment? Very simply it is not even close to being a plug & play product. Many thousands of people jailbreak their iPhones for a variety of reasons, but only a very small percentage of those people are comfortable SSH'ing and diddling about in the iOS folder structure. An even smaller percentage of that tiny sub-group have the wits to understand and execute the file changes and replacements that must be performed in order to achieve some modicum of success in successfully implementing the iMagine theme in the fullness of its glory.

It helps to understand that the overwhelming majority of people who pay their money for something -- an app, a theme, a ring tone, whatever -- expect it to work right out of the box, (Or in this case, very soon after they press the "Install" button). In exchange for their hard-earned money, they expect a theme that is easy, simple, fully thought out, totally complete, and seamlessly integrated within the vernacular of the device for which it was designed.

For example, if they want their own image in the gorgeous animated iMagine lock screen, then they should be able to select a photo from the Camera Roll and toggle "Use in iMagine Lockscreen" from the photo options popup menu right under "Use as Wallpaper". That's just one example. It really should be that simple. The weather widget is cool, but having to edit a file thru SSH to define my location is very not cool for 98% of the iPhone user population. They should be able to enter their location from a menu selection on the the Settings app. If the theme were truly complete, there would never be any reason for the purchaser to SSH. Nor would they have to return to Cydia again and again for add-on components that weren't provided in the original installation bundle.

So why does it matter and why is some guy who has many better things to do bothering to write this review? Because I think that iMagine is actually a terrifically attractive theme with great potential for a fairly large audience if it was properly finished and packaged as a polished app. I just wanted to say something that might encourage that to happen. That's all.
    Last edited by gwtracy; 2011-06-06 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiationburn View Post
    gwtracy, good luck getting a response from the theme's creator.
    Looking back over the forum history I see what you mean. A variety of promises have been made, but it seems that none of those promises were kept. Very sad.

Thanks

gwtracy, good luck getting a response from the theme's creator. He seems to be one to take people's money and then forget about the support aspect of creating a theme. I waited over a month for a response and then all the guy did was badmouth me and call me stupid. He seems to forget that we paid HIM our hard earned money for his theme. His motto seems to be "Take the money and run. You may be waiting a very long time for a response. The keyboard was the single reason I bought the theme as well. Too bad, it's s really nice theme and has a lot if potential. Unfortunately the creator seems to have better things to do. Look a couple of posts back where he promises an update for the theme I a week. That was well over a month ago. Ce la vie!
    It's people like you who have helped make it easier for me not to feel bad for not coming around more often. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gwtracy View Post
    Looking back over the forum history I see what you mean. A variety of promises have been made, but it seems that none of those promises were kept. Very sad.
    I don't know who led u to believe that it's possible to change the way iOS works in order to make it easier for u to set up a theme, but please feel free to point out any theme out there that gives u new buttons in your camera roll. I'm betting you won't find one. Older versions of iOS did allow for lock screen pictures selected thru the camera roll to be used in HTML, however, this was changed and we have Apple to thank for that.

As far as broken promises go, I do assume responsibility for leaving a few things unfinished and apologize for doing so. However, this theme was destroyed long before it was even released by this very forum and it's wonderful members.

It's disheartening to see that none of you appreciate the fact that while I do enjoy making themes for your devices, I also have a real life outside of this community. I have a family that needs to be taken care of. I'm not working right now, and my wife is going to school full time. So along with theming, I'm also doing music videos and running a recording studio to try and make ends meet. I have a daughter who needs to be taken to school (and dance class, and swim lessons, and sports, etc...), all of which leaves me very little time for updating themes that no one likes (let alone appreciates) anyways.

While I do appreciate all of your concerns and "problems", I cannot appreciate being called greedy or selfish or whatever else it was that u all felt it necessary to call me. Now that I am in a bit more comfortable position in life that does allow me some time for these things, I come back to my thread to find this. I was going to begin work on another theme, and begin updating/porting my old ones to newer versions of iOS as well as iPad. But if this is the kind of appreciation I can expect from this community when times are tough, what's the point?
    Last edited by Anonomys; 2011-07-28 at 02:28 AM.

I have a response and then I'm done with this forum. If you read my posts in their entirety you would see that I think it's a great theme. I also said it had a lot of potential if the creator supported it more. I didn't know about the problems in your personal life and I feel for you in that regard. I myself have been unemployed for over 8 years with a health problem, that is why money is so important to me. However, me and the rest of the community were just made aware of that today. If you had informed the community of your hardship at the timree instead of just abandoning your theme altogether some of the comments including mine may not have been so harsh. I know you have a responsibility to your family but you are aslso responsible to the people who paid you money. A little heads up would have gone a long way. I still think this is a great theme and the fact that you stated thast the keyboard WAS INCLUDED and wasn't was nobody's fault but your own. If it's not included don't say thast it is. That was my basic argument all along (and the fact that you never responded to your subscribers) which you have sufficiently explained after the fact. Good luck in your personal life and please try to accept SOME responsibility yourself for the failure of the theme instead of pinning it all on people like me. We are just trying to get what was promised to us when we paid for the theme. Good luck.
    Nuclear is nice!

Thanks

I have a response and then I'm done with this forum. If you read my posts in their entirety you would see that I think it's a great theme. I also said it had a lot of potential if the creator supported it more. I didn't know about the problems in your personal life and I feel for you in that regard. I myself have been unemployed for over 8 years with a health problem, that is why money is so important to me. However, me and the rest of the community were just made aware of that today. If you had informed the community of your hardship at the timree instead of just abandoning your theme altogether some of the comments including mine may not have been so harsh. I know you have a responsibility to your family but you are aslso responsible to the people who paid you money. A little heads up would have gone a long way. I still think this is a great theme and the fact that you stated thast the keyboard WAS INCLUDED and wasn't was nobody's fault but your own. If it's not included don't say thast it is. That was my basic argument all along (and the fact that you never responded to your subscribers) which you have sufficiently explained after the fact. Good luck in your personal life and please try to accept SOME responsibility yourself for the failure of the theme instead of pinning it all on people like me. We are just trying to get what was promised to us when we paid for the theme. Good luck.
    Actually the keyboard is included with the package if u purchase from ThemeIt. I'm pretty sure I submitted the same package to both stores so I don't know what happened there.

Your are right. A heads up would have probably helped. I suppose I was a bit too embarrassed at the time to come right out and saw I'm too damn broke to continue updating this theme at the moment, but in hindsight perhaps I should have.

Anybody who has any issues that are still persistent, please feel free to email me at [email protected] so that I can begin compiling a list of issues to be resolved with the next update. I won't be putting a time frame on this update, as that came back to bite me in the a** last time around. Just know that it is going to happen and that I appreciate all of your patience in the meantime.

Anyone who has purchased thru Cydia that wants the extra addons available in ThemeIt currently, send me an email as well. I will do my best to keep up.

Hey, thanks for "manning up" in your last post. I'm really looking forward to the update, whenever it comes. I purchased theme in Cydia and I just downloaded again and keyboard is missing. Thanks. Good luck and I'll think before I write in the future.
    Nuclear is nice!

Great theme just got love everything about!!! Just one question on the weather widget the animation stops and the only way to start it is respring the phone is the widget suppose to be that way? But other than that it's an awesome theme thank you.
    Last edited by Fattone66; 2011-07-29 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Great theme just got love everything about!!! Just one question on the weather widget the animation stops and the only way to start it is respring the phone is the widget suppose to be that way? But other than that it's an awesome theme thank you.
    1stshift designed it that way so the animation wouldn't drain your battery. I asked him for a looping version but I never heard back about it

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast