Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Helvecia

I am trying to create a blank Calendar icon. Anyone done this successfully? I place a blank [email protected], which removes the background now I just get white text for the date.

Also, would like to remove the clock, changing it to a transparent icon as well.

Found the Calendar by setting color to transparent (according to Blue's post #281)

Still looking to make the clock transparent....
    Last edited by jtskinz; 2010-11-30 at 11:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me FiVe5tArPlAy3r's Avatar
    Thanks

check the info.plist in the apple.springboard folder and change the color!

@Blue

Looks like the AppStore apps can be GLYPH'd using the same procedures as stated in TimelessHD thread. Was able to get Facebook to GLYPH. Pretty sweet! Although this may not be seen as a GLYPH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo3.png  

@Blue
    The weather widget, is this the correct image for "fair"? The image looks like "rain".

TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Hey Blue, is it possible to remove the icon names somehow? I've always preferred the look of just icons without the labels.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskinz View Post
    @Blue

Looks like the AppStore apps can be GLYPH'd using the same procedures as stated in TimelessHD thread. Was able to get Facebook to GLYPH. Pretty sweet! Although this may not be seen as a GLYPH
    are you referring to this bit? If so, for whatever reason these instructions aren't exactly clear to me.

If you want to use a glyph for a AppStore app then choose one from the Extras folder, copy it twice (!) to the folder TimelessHD/Icons/ and name it e. g. "Facebook.png" and the second one "[email protected]". This icons must be named case sensitive and written like on your screen. Now you must enable Summerboard mode at the Winterboard app and it works.
    3. If you want to use a glyph for a Apple app or a Cydia app name it "[email protected]", copy it to the existing folder of this app inside the folder Bundles. NOTE: First take a look at this folder, some apps name this icons different! And: Safari is stored at: TimelessHD.theme/Folders/MobileSafari.app
    4. How the folders and icons must be named can be found here: CFBundleIdentifer Database

Quote Originally Posted by Truxton View Post
    are you referring to this bit? If so, for whatever reason these instructions aren't exactly clear to me.

If you want to use a glyph for a AppStore app then choose one from the Extras folder, copy it twice (!) to the folder TimelessHD/Icons/ and name it e. g. "Facebook.png" and the second one "[email protected]". This icons must be named case sensitive and written like on your screen. Now you must enable Summerboard mode at the Winterboard app and it works.
    3. If you want to use a glyph for a Apple app or a Cydia app name it "[email protected]", copy it to the existing folder of this app inside the folder Bundles. NOTE: First take a look at this folder, some apps name this icons different! And: Safari is stored at: TimelessHD.theme/Folders/MobileSafari.app
    4. How the folders and icons must be named can be found here: CFBundleIdentifer Database
    those are the instructions.

Place your icon (new replacement) in these 2 locations;
    1. XXX.Theme/icons (you will need 2 copies of the file in here)
    Label one icon [email protected] and the other icon facebook.png

2. XXX.Theme/Bundles/com.facebook.Facebook
    Label your replacement icon -> [email protected]

Enable Summerboard

Respring (only if Summerboard was already enabled)

** Some say you don't need the icon in the bundles folder but, mine don't work without it **

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_peripheral View Post
    Hey Blue, is it possible to remove the icon names somehow? I've always preferred the look of just icons without the labels.
    I made a no icon label theme but can't upload it right now cause I'm @ work with no computer, as soon as I get home I'll post it up for you. All you will have to do is check it in winterboard!

I thought by default, Winterboard already comes with two 'themes' to remove the icon labels namely "No Docked Icon Labels" and "No Undocked Icon Labels"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I did some experimenting with the directions above. I was able to get the icons to show simply by naming them whatever they were named on the springboard and dropping them into the "Icons" folder inside the theme. If I copied a second identical icon to the folder and added "@2x" it did absolutely nothing to the appearance of the icon on my springboard. I did not need any additional folder in the bundles folder. I have an iphone 4 on firmware 4.0. Summerboard is on in winterboard

Only thing is the appearance of the icons on my springboard. Most of the icons in the photos attached are 80x80 from an old theme I had on my 3gs. The the movies, sports, tetris, and fieldrunners icons are 60x60. The facebook icon is the same one that came with this theme which is 120x120.

Btw I use the rename application a lot so if you do too then you MUST name the icon that you drop into the "Icons" folder whatever you have renamed the app. for example sports, twitter and movies in the screenshots are really sportacular, twitteriffic, and Flixter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1061-1-.png   -img_1062-1-.png   -img_1064-1-.jpg  

I'm not smarter but I can tell you based on my testing and experimenting as well.. I do need the two icons - one with @2x and one without in the Icons folder and yes, for me there's no need for the Bundles folder. From my test, missing either one of the icon (with or without @2x) will result in the oversized icon (as per your facebook icon). Maybe the double icons are required for some (like facebook) but not for others depending on the .app qualifiers

Secondly, yes you can rename them but if you apply a version update to them, you will have to rename them again as any updates will revert them back to the original labels.. FYI
    Last edited by EddieEckhardt; 2010-12-01 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FiVe5tArPlAy3r View Post
    I made a no icon label theme but can't upload it right now cause I'm @ work with no computer, as soon as I get home I'll post it up for you. All you will have to do is check it in winterboard!
    Hey, I found something in cydia that removed the labels. Strangely, it removed the battery icon at the top right, as well, which I didn't want. If yours doesn't do that, I'd love it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieEckhardt View Post
    I thought by default, Winterboard already comes with two 'themes' to remove the icon labels namely "No Docked Icon Labels" and "No Undocked Icon Labels"
    yeah it does but it didn't work for me, so I made my on plist!

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

For the glyphs:

I found out a new (?)method three days ago to use HD glyphs without the black background bug and allready posted it at my TimelessHD thread:

"If you want to use a glyph for a AppStore app then choose one from the Extras folder, copy it twice (!) to the folder (Helvecia.theme)/Icons/ and name it e. g. "Facebook.png" and the second one "[email protected]". This icons must be named case sensitive and written like on your screen. Now you must enable Summerboard mode at the Winterboard app and it works."

For the Lables:
    - Winterboard has two build in "themes" for hiding labels (simple text files like the one i post here). You can hide Springboard or Dock Labels separatly, but not individual lables. Make sure if you use this winterboard themes that they are placed above (!) the Helvecia theme to work.

- You can also open the "info.plist" file of the Helvecia theme with a text editor or iFile and set the color of docked or undocked icon labels to "transparent". Replace the "black" with "transparent" thats all this winterboard "themes" do :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>position:fixed; margin-top: 25px;font-family:Helvetica neue; color: white;font-size: 30px;width:300px;height:160px;font-weight: 0;padding: 70px 0 0;text-align:center;margin-left:-116px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>margin-top: 0px;color: white;font-size: 9px;margin-left:0px;;text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string> font-family:Helvetica neue; font-size: 12px; text-transform: capitalize; color: black; opacity:0.0; text-shadow: 0px 1px 5px rgba(255,255,255,0.8);</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string> font-family:Helvetica; font-size: 11px; text-transform: lowercase; color: black; opacity: 0.3; text-shadow: 0px 1px 4px rgba(255,255,255, 0.9);</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-12-02 at 03:07 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

EddieEckhardt (2010-12-02), FiVe5tArPlAy3r (2010-12-01), jtskinz (2010-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by FiVe5tArPlAy3r View Post
    yeah it does but it didn't work for me, so I made my on plist!
    Ya, as Blue mentioned.. perhaps all you need to do is to push them up to the top of the the winterboard queue.. IMHO, I feel that if transparent is all you want, might as well use them since they're there otherwise, info.plist method is good for customized text colour.

@Blue
    How can I adjust the font color for the high and low temps (at the top)? This color is not easy to see. Would like to make it the same color as the daily low temps.

TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

blue, can you help me change the font of the springjumps? i made new icons, and placed them into the previous folders for the springjumps to overwrite the old files, and it worked. if i pull the icons out, they are the ones i've created.

but when i respring, the icons stay the same as yours. any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@Eddie what firmware r u on?

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_peripheral View Post
    blue, can you help me change the font of the springjumps? i made new icons, and placed them into the previous folders for the springjumps to overwrite the old files, and it worked. if i pull the icons out, they are the ones i've created.

but when i respring, the icons stay the same as yours. any ideas?
    If you made new springjumps copy them to Helvecia.theme/folders/...and not to var/applications/.....

With your method you replace the system springjump icons with yours and it works but after a respring winterboard loads mine from the theme folder again
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-12-02 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    If you made new springjumps copy them to Helvecia.theme/folders/...and not to var/applications/.....

With your method you replace the system springjump icons with yours and it works but after a respring winterboard loads mine from the theme folder again
    Sweet. I'll give that a try. Thank you!

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast