Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elite PRO HD [ RELEASE ]

@hemptation. You sir have done this thread proud. That must have been a mountain of a job!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yusuf530i For This Useful Post:

hemptation (2012-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    I asked a couple of days and probably 50 or so pages ago about the basic tools needed to get in on modding. It was either ignored or got lost in the mix...either of which is understandable since you folks have a community here. What I'm wanting to know is if there is a basic how-to posted around here for working with modding themes including the tools needed. I'm done with school forever now, quit my band after 7 years, and my kids are almost grown. I need a new hobby. This seems like fun.

Thanks!
    What is your goal? To create a whole new theme? Or just to personalize one such as EPHD?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,883 Times in 923 Posts

@ barsoverbeats

I know you have not much Time, but the 3GS Version must grow
    The List you dont have forget ?

Much Greetings ...

hmm. well bro. start with changing some icons. do you have file installed? take a weather widget. look at the code. change the location. then edit the css, for style, font and color. as you progress....you will learn.

tools needed photoshop, need to learn javascript, and html5

where are you starting? at the very beginning? do you have any knowledge of any of this? just talk to me bro. this thread is really fast. I promise your not being ignored

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2012-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    What is your goal? To create a whole new theme? Or just to personalize one such as EPHD?
    For now, to personalize with EPHD. If it goes well, who knows?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Diggin this for real! Soaking in the simple sexiness before I go wydget crazy! Thanks to EVERYBODY!

Oh SNAP! That widget pic is fantastic! I'd love to get a hold of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,906 Times in 905 Posts

@thudstaff. Just so your aware this is my first theming experience and this forum has taught me a lot. The people on her are very helpful and I am still learning but learning fast. Still doing minor tweaks to the phone teaching my self.

Just to put my 2 cents about the thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1329424723.599234.jpg  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

rumcajs (2012-02-16), The_Durben (2012-02-16)

I asked a couple of days and probably 50 or so pages ago about the basic tools needed to get in on modding. It was either ignored or got lost in the mix...either of which is understandable since you folks have a community here. What I'm wanting to know is if there is a basic how-to posted around here for working with modding themes including the tools needed. I'm done with school forever now, quit my band after 7 years, and my kids are almost grown. I need a new hobby. This seems like fun.

Thanks!
    Get yourself a copy of Photoshop, a copy of this theme and get on YouTube to find out about gradients, icon masks etc etc.... Study each and every file of this theme as it is probably the most complete theme and then start experimenting. That's how I learnt. You tube & trial and error

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

hemptation (2012-02-16), iammarcweezy (2012-02-17), rumcajs (2012-02-16), The_Durben (2012-02-16), wirral59 (2012-02-17)

For now, to personalize with EPHD. If it goes well, who knows?!?
    First thing I would do is get iFile through Cydia and just start browsing through the theme. I may help you. Once you get an idea of what you'd like to change, feel free to ask questions.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

rumcajs (2012-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by tajr12 View Post
    @thudstaff. Just so your aware this is my first theming experience and this forum has taught me a lot. The people on her are very helpful and I am still learning but learning fast. Still doing minor tweaks to the phone teaching my self.

Just to put my 2 cents about the thread.
    Looking good and loving that clock

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

hemptation (2012-02-16), rumcajs (2012-02-16), TaJr12 (2012-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    hmm. well bro. start with changing some icons. do you have file installed? take a weather widget. look at the code. change the location. then edit the css, for style, font and color. as you progress....you will learn.

tools needed photoshop, need to learn javascript, and html5

where are you starting? at the very beginning? do you have any knowledge of any of this? just talk to me bro. this thread is really fast. I promise your not being ignored
    I'd say I'm at the beginning though I'm not a computer novice. I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator. I've designed web pages (for fun...not profit), gig flyers for my band and have built computers from the ground up with parts. I know a little about CSS and nothing about JS or HTML5. I just want to start messing around with EPHD to learn and hopefully contribute.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thudstaff For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (2012-02-16), metaserph (2012-02-17), The_Durben (2012-02-16), wirral59 (2012-02-17)

I'd say I'm at the beginning though I'm not a computer novice. I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator. I've designed web pages (for fun...not profit), gig flyers for my band and have built computers from the ground up with parts. I know a little about CSS and nothing about JS or HTML5. I just want to start messing around with EPHD to learn and hopefully contribute.
    Well, there are PSD files in the theme folder that you could mess around with making icons. That's a start.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

rumcajs (2012-02-16), wirral59 (2012-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    like I said, I will have something for us all rayrod, with a brief explanation.

for all of us on mac's......apple just announced mountain lion with some really cool features. they also are releasing the beta messages app for the mac computer. gonna be tight.
    I am currently taking them both for a spin. The imessage beta app works awesome, the only thing that annoys me is that my phone also receives all the messages. This means when I am chatting on my iMac, my phone keeps going ape every time I receive a message. Minor annoyance though.

As for Mountain Lion. So far so good. I am LOVING the notification center.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GibMcfragger For This Useful Post:

hemptation (2012-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Darka5sa5sin View Post
    Get yourself a copy of Photoshop, a copy of this theme and get on YouTube to find out about gradients, icon masks etc etc.... Study each and every file of this theme as it is probably the most complete theme and then start experimenting. That's how I learnt. You tube & trial and error
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    First thing I would do is get iFile through Cydia and just start browsing through the theme. I may help you. Once you get an idea of what you'd like to change, feel free to ask questions.
    Thanks!

I'll get iFile when I get home from work and start looking around.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Thudstaff For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (2012-02-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone a Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Groovejunkie View Post
    my current setup!
    Share that wall plzz
    Turtle's FTW!

oh yea gib, my secret is turn my devices on silent. I started having that same irritation when I started chatting from my iPad. so I feel ya. and if they would finally give us full sync...........we could place our phone's in airplane mode. or like a mercedes knows when you get close with the keys, the phone's functions could be taken over by the mac when you get within 2 ft or something. just thoughts bro. glad someone else is as big into their mac as i am.

and Thud. yes, get ifile. download you a couple of widgets. and play with some of that code. maybe change the color of the text, or move the temp around a bit. you will get the hang of it. if you have any question, don't be afraid to ask. the EPHD team is always here to help those in need.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (2012-02-16), GibMcfragger (2012-02-16), rumcajs (2012-02-16), The_Durben (2012-02-16), wirral59 (2012-02-17)

Thanks

okay quick noob question, what is the easiest way to adjust the mirror effect of the dock? I would like to make the mirror effect a little bigger if that makes sence.

Diggin this for real! Soaking in the simple sexiness before I go wydget crazy! Thanks to EVERYBODY!

Show Off!!!!!....lol....love this Lockscreen.....looks sweet my friend....

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (2012-02-16), hemptation (2012-02-16), wirral59 (2012-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    Show Off!!!!!....lol....love this Lockscreen.....looks sweet my friend....
    Thanks bro!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (2012-02-16), GibMcfragger (2012-02-16), hemptation (2012-02-16), rumcajs (2012-02-16), wirral59 (2012-02-17)

Thanks

Thanks bro!
    How did you get your reflection to be like that on your dock?

Page 1624 of 2938 FirstFirst ... 62411241524157416141622162316241625162616341674172421242624 ... LastLast