Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: fiftyfootshadowsHD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overjjrk View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vabellabel
    why deoesnt my weather icon show up? how come it shows the apple default one?

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, a screenshot may help to identify the issue your having. A quick thought though, push this theme to the top of winterboard (then deselect/reselect/respring).
    This is the problem he's referring to.I have the same issue and have already tried to move the theme on top of Winterboard then deselect/reselect/respring + reinstalled the theme twice with Cydia and SSH...nothing helps and I have no other widget or weatherpanel installed.
    TIA.
    Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0064.png  

Quote Originally Posted by b3nzzz View Post
    May i know how to set it to have random pictures instead of fix pic during sliding
    Currently, it doesn't support random pictures. I'm thinking about it though...

Quote Originally Posted by jokfoe View Post
    This is the problem he's referring to.I have the same issue and have already tried to move the theme on top of Winterboard then deselect/reselect/respring + reinstalled the theme twice with Cydia and SSH...nothing helps and I have no other widget or weatherpanel installed.
    TIA.
    Mike.
    Weird. The fact that the weather icon isn't skinned makes me think something else must be interfering, as the weather icon normally skins fine.

What other cydia apps do you have installed? WeatherIcon?
    out of touch

3. The Following User Says Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

jokfoe (2010-10-18)

You're right storyr, I think they have WeatherIcon installed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Li-ion For This Useful Post:

storyr (2010-10-18)

Just uploaded an updated slides folder, containing most of the original slides, plus the pack you can find in fiftyfootshadow.net.
    I tried to have good zoom points, as storyr did on the originals, but it can be refined a bit for some of them. Link here :
    2shared - download slides.zip
    Don't hesitate to modify the slideindex.txt and post it here if some of the zoom points aren't to your liking.

I'll try to make the same thing for the Bundles folder, containing all icons posted here and on the mactheme forums.
    Have a nice day everyone and thank you again storyr for this little piece of awesomeness !

edit : here is my updated Bundles folder...
    http://www.2shared.com/file/1qLRx86f/Bundles.html
    Some icons are missing, couldn't find them on CFbundleidentifier, and mostly iphone 4 only icons.
    It's to avoid summerboard use, which I like to avoid if possible.
    Last edited by Zorak Zoran; 2010-10-18 at 02:37 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorak Zoran For This Useful Post:

storyr (2010-10-18)

Thanks

I love this theme...it's so crisp!! I went in and deleted the 3 overlays you had in the theme and after the respring I got a white box around my top status bar with a blue and white question mark in the middle. I can see my status bar. I have had this problem before with another theme and forgot how I fixed it, but was hoping you could give me some help. Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dReAdLoKdEmOn For This Useful Post:

nubees (2011-04-07)

Quote Originally Posted by dReAdLoKdEmOn View Post
    I love this theme...it's so crisp!! I went in and deleted the 3 overlays you had in the theme and after the respring I got a white box around my top status bar with a blue and white question mark in the middle. I can see my status bar. I have had this problem before with another theme and forgot how I fixed it, but was hoping you could give me some help. Thanks
    Yes, I tried to do the same, you have to keep an overlay, else it won't work. There's an overlay I made which covers only the "black parts", link :
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post5504975

edit : I just made a completly transparent overlay, hope it's what you wanted :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -overlayhd.png  
    Last edited by Zorak Zoran; 2010-10-18 at 03:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorak Zoran For This Useful Post:

storyr (2010-10-18)

Thanks

Worked perfectly bro!!! I love the help I get on this site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Currently, it doesn't support random pictures. I'm thinking about it though...

Weird. The fact that the weather icon isn't skinned makes me think something else must be interfering, as the weather icon normally skins fine.

What other cydia apps do you have installed? WeatherIcon?
    Nope, no weather apps or themes or widgets or whatever in Cydia installed...strange
    But thanks anyhow for the best theme in years and all the work you do by replying individually to all our stupid questions !
    iPhone 5 - JB

Any plans on adding SMS theming or Lockscreen theming to match the Springboard?

Not necessarily 'moving' like the SB does but something graphically equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEous View Post

What would be real nice for me, are sms, mail, phone elements themed like a WIP I saw here, trueglass HD :
    http://modmyi.com/forums/attachments...ms-ui-copy.png
    Transparency would be awesome...

A lockscreen would be cool too, I tried to use the other theme storyr made, Sidewinder, as a lockscreen, but it's too heavy for me, loading it takes too long imho.

Storyr where could how often the images changed again? I cant find it in the updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEous View Post

At this point I don't have any plans to expand the theme. Skinning the UI seems like too much work...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Zoran View Post
    What would be real nice for me, are sms, mail, phone elements themed like a WIP I saw here, trueglass HD :

Transparency would be awesome...

A lockscreen would be cool too, I tried to use the other theme storyr made, Sidewinder, as a lockscreen, but it's too heavy for me, loading it takes too long imho.
    I've got some thoughts of how to break the initialization up into smaller piece to get it to load faster...

Quote Originally Posted by QaS_ViP View Post
    Storyr where could how often the images changed again? I cant find it in the updated version.
    That is now in /fiftyfootshadowsHD.theme/theme/script/theme.js

Code:
    // slide rotation frequency (in minutes)
    var slideRotation = 0.3;
    Quote Originally Posted by vabellabel View Post
    why deoesnt my weather icon show up? how come it shows the apple default one?
    Thanks to a user from Tawain, I believe this issue is caused by the OS using a different icon name for certain markets.

In the com.apple.weather bundle, rename [email protected] to [email protected]
    Last edited by storyr; 2010-10-19 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    out of touch

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

MrEous (2010-10-20), Zorak Zoran (2010-10-20)

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    At this point I don't have any plans to expand the theme. Skinning the UI seems like too much work...
    Well darn...I do appreciate the theme as is though, it's great. Thank you!

Exclamation Bug report: Winterboard icon
    Just a note. This theme uses bundles, which is the modern best practice to skin application icons. Supposely allows WInterboard to run faster and the ability to to turn of the Summerboard compatibility mode completely.

To determine what the name to call the bundled folder as well as the correct name for the icons, please consult this resource:
    CFBundleIdentifer Database

For the most part, making the assumption that "icon.png" for non retina iOS devices and "[email protected]" for Retina capable iOS devices is correct most of the time. But it is not always true.

Or instance, as mentioned before, the "I" in the Icon.png and [email protected] for Facebook must be capitalized.

Having said all that, on to the bug report. Consulting the CFBundleIdentifer Database, you can see that WInterboard has not been updated for Retina graphics and uses "icon.png" for both non-Retina and Retina display. So for those with iPhone 4, you'll see that your WInterboard icon is low resolution. To fix, simply delete "icon.png" from ~/fiftyfootshadowsHD.theme/Bundles/com.saurik.WinterBoard/ and then rename "[email protected]" to "icon.png".

I would like to end by saying that many people still try to theme application icons using the old summerboard technique of creating an icon folder within the theme folder. I suggest everyone understand and make use of bundles as storyr's theme does.

Quote Originally Posted by daryoon View Post
    Just a note. This theme uses bundles, which is the modern best practice to skin application icons. Supposely allows WInterboard to run faster and the ability to to turn of the Summerboard compatibility mode completely.

To determine what the name to call the bundled folder as well as the correct name for the icons, please consult this resource:
    CFBundleIdentifer Database

For the most part, making the assumption that "icon.png" for non retina iOS devices and "[email protected]" for Retina capable iOS devices is correct most of the time. But it is not always true.

Or instance, as mentioned before, the "I" in the Icon.png and [email protected] for Facebook must be capitalized.

Having said all that, on to the bug report. Consulting the CFBundleIdentifer Database, you can see that WInterboard has not been updated for Retina graphics and uses "icon.png" for both non-Retina and Retina display. So for those with iPhone 4, you'll see that your WInterboard icon is low resolution. To fix, simply delete "icon.png" from ~/fiftyfootshadowsHD.theme/Bundles/com.saurik.WinterBoard/ and then rename "[email protected]" to "icon.png".

I would like to end by saying that many people still try to theme application icons using the old summerboard technique of creating an icon folder within the theme folder. I suggest everyone understand and make use of bundles as storyr's theme does.
    Wow - that's for the info. I've heard complaints that the winterboard icon look pixelated...

I agree with everything you've said, but there is an outstanding issue with using bundles for app-store icons, and it's been the number one pain-in-my-butt since releasing this and sidewinder:

Icons with transparency will show black instead of transparent.

That's why I'm thinking of using the Icons folder for just app-store icons. It now supports hi-res (@2x) icons, and doesn't exhibit the black-instead-of-transparent issue.

At least until it's fixed. What are your thoughts on this?
    out of touch

storyr,
    You're right. I haven't been able to find a way to overcome that problem. From what I can see, the mask is applied programatically, no doubt in an attempt to give consistency to all the applications residing in /users/Applications/. Which means all apps from the App store.

Only Apple's native applications and Cydia apps which are installed to the /Aplications/ folder not get this mask effect applied to it.

I think the fix needs to be done in WInterboard. But doesn't seem like anyone has really taken the time to program WInterboard any longer. It is an opensource program so hopefully someone in the future to pick up the project and finish up the enhancements.

Saurik did write an interesting post on the topic of WInterboard theming in case you didn't come across it before:
    iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)

I'll report back if I can come up with any other solutions.

How come when I put the theme in themes.xxxxxx and check it off in winterboard, nothing happens whatsoever. Not a single thing. And no the theme is not in another folder. What's happening?

I've installed many themes manually on my phone before but this is really weird cuz not a single element of the theme shows up on my sb. Not an icon even
    Last edited by mejemaka; 2010-10-22 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mejemaka View Post
    How come when I put the theme in themes.xxxxxx and check it off in winterboard, nothing happens whatsoever. Not a single thing. And no the theme is not in another folder. What's happening?

I've installed many themes manually on my phone before but this is really weird cuz not a single element of the theme shows up on my sb. Not an icon even
    If you downloaded and directly to your phone (via SDM) and unzipped, there's an issue with how the permissions get set in the folders.

Try this (removed - updated in first post) direct download and see if it works any better...
    Last edited by storyr; 2010-10-22 at 06:45 PM.
    out of touch

Awesome!!! That worked perfectly. Thought I was going crazy

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mejemaka For This Useful Post:

storyr (2010-10-22)

Default Updated
    Updated. Download from 1st post...

October 23 2010

► Fixed issue with Taiwan region format (weather wouldn't update)
    ► Moved settings.xml to main theme folder (for convenience)
    ► Added "data saver" mode to settings. New setting "forecast" adds the ability to turn off weather forecast data - reducing data consumption by 75%.
    ► Added Icons folder for app-store icons. This fixes the issue with black backgrounds on transparent app-store icons.
    ► Updated readme.txt file with new instructions for adding icons.
    ► Added additional com.apple.weather icons [email protected] and Icon-Celsius.png. Fixes issue where themed weather icon wasn't working in certain regions.
    ► Added ability to have a single, non-zooming slide. Just edit slideindex.txt to a single slide.
    out of touch

28. The Following User Says Thank You to storyr For This Useful Post:

Zorak Zoran (2010-10-24)

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast