Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Using SBSettings, tell me what mobile substrate tweaks you have on.

I have :
    3GMy3G
    Activator
    Backgrounder
    Clockhide
    DisplayStack
    FileScheme
    FolderEnhancer
    IconSupport
    Iconoclasm
    IntelliStatusIconsVi...
    LibWeather
    LockInfo
    LockInfoMail
    LockInfoPhone
    PDFPatch_CVE-201
    PreferenceLoader
    ScrollingBoard
    SpringBoardAcess
    WinterBoard
    _SBRotator4
    gremlin
    iCallAnnounce
    iLostMyi
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    photopreviewhider
    sandcastle
    sandcastleclient

I only recognize a few of them. I dont understand what this list is. I have been running some of them through google and ModMyI and i think that some old utilities have left parts behind. If you could help me identify these, it might help.

I really appreciate you helping me with this.
    Last edited by Spaceman1701; 2011-01-28 at 08:25 PM.

Cool, I'll have to check out that video after work. I'd like to learn how but I'm not sure if I have the right software to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    Using SBSettings, tell me what mobile substrate tweaks you have on.

I have :
    3GMy3G
    Activator
    Backgrounder
    Clockhide
    DisplayStack
    FileScheme
    FolderEnhancer
    IconSupport
    Iconoclasm
    IntelliStatusIconsVi...
    LibWeather
    LockInfo
    LockInfoMail
    LockInfoPhone
    PDFPatch_CVE-201
    PreferenceLoader
    ScrollingBoard
    SpringBoardAcess
    WinterBoard
    _SBRotator4
    gremlin
    iCallAnnounce
    iLostMyi
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    photopreviewhider
    sandcastle
    sandcastleclient

I only recognize a few of them. I dont understand what this list is. I have been running some of them through google and ModMyI and i think that some old utilities have left parts behind. If you could help me identify these, it might help.

I really appreciate you helping me with this.
    As far as I can tell, most of this looks pretty normal. Can you do me a favor, navigate in your phone to var/stash/theme.xxx/engraved wood@2x.theme/ and find the icons folder, copy it to your computer, compress it, and upload it to mediafire so i can look at the individual files to make sure they are packaged correctly.

also, try going back to the mobile substrate and disabling:

3gmy3g,
    clockhide,
    filescheme,
    intelliscreen,
    gremlin,
    iCallAnnounce,
    iLostMyi,
    photopreviewhider,

I checked all urs on my phone and the above are all foreign to me, so i would suspect its either the theme files (you didnt get it from an official source, or one of the sources packaged it wrong), or assuming u did officially get it, one of the above mobile substrate add ons are interfering with something.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-28 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    New Tutorial on Icon Creation:
    Will this work with Photoshop CS3 v10?

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Will this work with Photoshop CS3 v10?
    No idea for sure, but i would assume so. I used PS CS2 V 9.0.2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

The6uest (2011-01-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi peeps,

Why isn't my weather icon changing? I could set everything up, but weather icon won't change...
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    Hi peeps,

Why isn't my weather icon changing? I could set everything up, but weather icon won't change...
    Easiest way to fix is to find the weather icon in the var/stash/theme.xxx/engraved wood(@2x).theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather, copy it to var/stash/theme.xxx/engraved wood(@2x).theme/Icons/, and rename it to "Weather"

Ok, I'm not familiar with Photoshop so I wanted to check. In your video it just says "Adobe Photoshop" at the top and I wasn't sure what the CS3 meant on mine. A friend is letting me use this one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kevin.e.white's Avatar
    Thanks

what an amazing looking theme, congrats to you for the time and efort youve put into it.
    ill be buying it soon.

Thanks

Easiest way to fix is to find the weather icon in the var/stash/theme.xxx/engraved wood(@2x).theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather, copy it to var/stash/theme.xxx/engraved wood(@2x).theme/Icons/, and rename it to "Weather"
    Thanks a lot, dude! Worked like a charm.
    One last point: dock icons become transparent and they are also transparent in the quick app switcher... any chance to have them, shall we say, "normal"?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

Thanks

Hello Fondforgood89, every day I am more hooked on this stunning theme! Is there any plans to add UI sounds, animated weather, new icons? PLEASE PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.e.white View Post
    what an amazing looking theme, congrats to you for the time and efort youve put into it.
    ill be buying it soon.
    thanks for the kind words.

Thanks a lot, dude! Worked like a charm.
    One last point: dock icons become transparent and they are also transparent in the quick app switcher... any chance to have them, shall we say, "normal"?

glad it worked.
    If your talking about blanked icons on the dock that are blanked using the "Icons" folder, theres nothing much i can do about it. You can try using bundles folders as an alternative, but ull need to move the original icon around too, and unfortunatly, the masking will stay so its not really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Hello Fondforgood89, every day I am more hooked on this stunning theme! Is there any plans to add UI sounds, animated weather, new icons? PLEASE PLEASE
    UI Sounds: I recommend my Zelda SoundFX sounds. I made it over a year ago, and love it so much, i use it for everything now. Its original, but not really a reminder of the game, it uses pretty inconspicuous tritone-ish type feel. Give it a shot, even if you dont like zelda. Its worth it

Animated weather. I hope so, but at this point idk how yet. Ill look into it.

New icons. I just published a video on how to make em. however, i will still be taking requests.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-29 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

thanks for the kind words.

glad it worked.
    If your talking about blanked icons on the dock that are blanked using the "Icons" folder, theres nothing much i can do about it. You can try using bundles folders as an alternative, but ull need to move the original icon around too, and unfortunatly, the masking will stay so its not really worth it.

UI Sounds: I recommend my Zelda SoundFX sounds. I made it over a year ago, and love it so much, i use it for everything now. Its original, but not really a reminder of the game, it uses pretty inconspicuous tritone-ish type feel. Give it a shot, even if you dont like zelda. Its worth it

Animated weather. I hope so, but at this point idk how yet. Ill look into it.

New icons. I just published a video on how to make em. however, i will still be taking requests.
    Totally right, Zelda SoundFX is the shake!!! I love it!!!

Can you create these icons please? I don't have PS

appstore: Speed Test, Precorder, Lose It!, 2Do, 360 Browser, Car Care.
    Cydia: ThemeIt, Grooveshark, iSHSHit, TLert, MyWi 4.0, BytaFont, iWipe, AppBackup, Click2Call, qTweeter, MultiCleaner, iSmart Dialer, MyProfiles, BatteryDetective, Movie Land, Xpandr, iControl, AnyRing, MewSeek, Cylay, TVOutTurner, CallController, ToneFXs.
    Last edited by Dalvar3; 2011-01-29 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks

Foundforgood,

I'm talking about the blank icons in the quick app switcher, when you tap twice the home button.
    It's not a problem. Theme is already very good and I can survive with that

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Totally right, Zelda SoundFX is the shake!!! I love it!!!

Can you create these icons please? I don't have PS

appstore: Speed Test, Precorder, Lose It!, 2Do, 360 Browser, Car Care.
    Cydia: ThemeIt, Grooveshark, iSHSHit, TLert, MyWi 4.0, BytaFont, iWipe, AppBackup, Click2Call, qTweeter, MultiCleaner, iSmart Dialer, MyProfiles, BatteryDetective, Movie Land, Xpandr, iControl, AnyRing, MewSeek, Cylay, TVOutTurner, CallController, ToneFXs.
    I'd be happy to male those for you :-)

Just a heads up again for those of you who wanna take on icon making, I would LOVE it if you sent me your creations. it saves me alot of work and time I could use to start new themes and further development of this theme.

so I have a question that maybe somebody can answer. there's still no way to create custom icons for folders yet, right? like in categories you could chose the icon. I'm trying to design a new theme but that kinda ability would be invaluable. does anyone have any suggestions for doing this? I've thought of springjump but there's not enough pages so it's too limiting, and categoriesSB doesn't have as nice a feel as the native folders with folder enhancer.

last question, what do people think is the best number of icons to have on a page? very subjective, but I'm curious.

Foundforgood,

I'm talking about the blank icons in the quick app switcher, when you tap twice the home button.
    It's not a problem. Theme is already very good and I can survive with that

OH, that issue! yeah :-( that's an artifact of the blank dock icons. my best suggestion is multimusicoverlay for the iPod multimedia page and use multiflow instead of the normal switcher. sorry :-/
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-29 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

holl0wm1nd (2011-01-30)

I watched your icon creation video and got the hang of doing basic icons (one layer), but will need more practice before I can do something complex like the the game app icon you did. When I have more time I will try theming several icons that I have that aren't themed yet and send them to you to check out.

I don't know how to create the folders in which the icons go into though. I tried doing it before with another theme and it would never work for some reason.

so I have a question that maybe somebody can answer. there's still no way to create custom icons for folders yet, right? like in categories you could chose the icon. I'm trying to design a new theme but that kinda ability would be invaluable. does anyone have any suggestions for doing this? I've thought of springjump but there's not enough pages so it's too limiting, and categoriesSB doesn't have as nice a feel as the native folders with folder enhancer.
    Thats actually something I wondered about myself before. The folders are ok but when you have many on a page they just blend together and its not easy to distinguish between them besides reading the label. I would prefer to have Categories-style folders too with a single icon/image for that folder instead of 9 tiny icons on one. You may have to ask that in the general theming or modding forum.
    Last edited by The6uest; 2011-01-29 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

well...it just isnt to be. I have reinstalled 4.01 and started from scratch and I still have the same problem.
    If you ever discovery what causes this, let me know.
    Kinda sucks cause i love this theme and i bought 3 other programs as well as this one.
    Can i run the weather widgets without running the main theme?

That sucks... If a complete restore and new jailbreak don't fix the problem, I don't know what else it could be.

Yeah, the weather widgets should work without the theme being on.

Thanks

I'd be happy to male those for you :-)

Just a heads up again for those of you who wanna take on icon making, I would LOVE it if you sent me your creations. it saves me alot of work and time I could use to start new themes and further development of this theme.

last question, what do people think is the best number of icons to have on a page? very subjective, but I'm curious.

OH, that issue! yeah :-( that's an artifact of the blank dock icons. my best suggestion is multimusicoverlay for the iPod multimedia page and use multiflow instead of the normal switcher. sorry :-/
    Oh, I see!
    Not a problem for me anyway. No worries!
    Keep up the good work!

Attached the icon blank to the first post for those who wanna give icon creation i shot :-)

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast