Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 640

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

  1. #121
    On Request Wallpaper #9, there's a Camera glyph that's not part of the Dock Icons package. Any change of getting just the glyph?

  2. #122
    Wow, thanks for the thorough reply! Thats cool about the LS widget, I will keep a look out for its release. I understand what you mean about the HS widget because it is so unique. I have it setup now with Iconoclasm but it would be easier to swap themes without it. Maybe a similar style just less curved? Either way its still cool!

    That worked to fix the Maps app.. I just made a lowercase version of the icon. Its weird that those are case-sensitive but I guess thats just how Apple is. I wish they didn't change stuff like that though from 4.1 to 4.2 because it just makes more work for the themers.

    Would it be possible to have a folder in place of an icon on the custom dock? The Overboard icon would be perfect but I guess that probably isn't possible with folders.

    One other app that works well with this theme is Barrel. If you set the mode to "Page Fade", the icons stay in position and just fade from one set/page to the other. Just thought that was cool.

  3. #123
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Help with issues
    I wanna start by saying I gladly paid(i think it was $2.50). I love this theme. It adds a touch of class to the IPhone 4 theme. I have all the sub themes to go with it.

    The issues I am having is that some of the icons are abnormally large and dont fit into the rest of the theme.

    If you look at the top progress bar, look at the battery icon and % reading. they are distorted.

    The confirm message for deleteing apps is also oversized.

    I have watched the tutorial videos, searched the web for troubleshooting, but now I come to you.

    here are some screenshots of the issue.






    Please help so I can fully use this theme.

    Thanx

  4. #124
    Thats funny looking! Did you turn on Summerboard mode?

  5. #125
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Summerboard was on, but I thought to turn it off then on. same issue.
    thanx for the suggestion.
    I wonder if there is another theme conflict. I checked but I dont have any other themes on.
    with them oversized like that, I cant click on them to activate the app.

  6. #126
    Hmm, do you have the theme after the weather widget in Winterboard? Do you have the Shrink app? I don't know whether either of those would cause that problem but theyre just thoughts.

  7. #127
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    i got it like this:


    the original theme file is farther down the list.(after the doctor who)

    No shrink app.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    i got it like this:


    the original theme file is farther down the list.(after the doctor who)

    No shrink app.
    To me it looks like ur running the wrong version on your device. what type of device are u using?

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarbum View Post
    On Request Wallpaper #9, there's a Camera glyph that's not part of the Dock Icons package. Any change of getting just the glyph?
    Ill attach it to this post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snappy-copy.png  

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

    oscarbum (2011-01-29)

  11. #130
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    To me it looks like ur running the wrong version on your device. what type of device are u using?
    IPhone 4 IOS 4.01

  12. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    IPhone 4 IOS 4.01
    hmm. Very curious. There has to be some tweak or program you have that it doesnt like cuz ive sold lots of copies and tested it on lots of devices and never run into that problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Wow, thanks for the thorough reply! Thats cool about the LS widget, I will keep a look out for its release. I understand what you mean about the HS widget because it is so unique. I have it setup now with Iconoclasm but it would be easier to swap themes without it. Maybe a similar style just less curved? Either way its still cool!
    Thanks :-) ill see what I can do with another version of a widget and different layout.

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    That worked to fix the Maps app.. I just made a lowercase version of the icon. Its weird that those are case-sensitive but I guess thats just how Apple is. I wish they didn't change stuff like that though from 4.1 to 4.2 because it just makes more work for the themers.
    You have no idea. They change everything so often. It really sucks, Im hoping it will stop soon though, since most of the changes were because of the ipad and such it looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Would it be possible to have a folder in place of an icon on the custom dock? The Overboard icon would be perfect but I guess that probably isn't possible with folders.
    Not really unfortunately :-( ive thought about ways to make it work, but none seem like great solutions unfortunately. Just a drawback of this type of theme for users that like folders in their dock unfortunately :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    One other app that works well with this theme is Barrel. If you set the mode to "Page Fade", the icons stay in position and just fade from one set/page to the other. Just thought that was cool.
    Ive heard that barrel was a cool effect with it. I haven't tried it myself, but people have really seemed to like it. I cant wait for that 3d icons tweak that was advertised on a couple sites. Now THAT would be sick with it. If only i could implement that into the wooden plank and the dock aswell!
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-28 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    i got it like this:


    the original theme file is farther down the list.(after the doctor who)

    No shrink app.
    The weather themes should be above/before the main theme and the extras theme doesn't need to be selected, but I don't think that that would cause the issues you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    Not really unfortunately :-( ive thought about ways to make it work, but none seem like great solutions unfortunately. Just a drawback of this type of theme for users that like folders in their dock unfortunately :-(

    Ive heard that barrel was a cool effect with it. I haven't tried it myself, but people have really seemed to like it. I cant wait for that 3d icons tweak that was advertised on a couple sites. Now THAT would be sick with it. If only i could implement that into the wooden plank and the dock aswell!
    No problem about the folder, I may just center the folder in a 5-icon dock and use the theme icons on either side, but I'd need Beejive on the right. Yeah, I heard about the 3d icons too and it sounds pretty cool!

    So you're here in GA too? That ice we had a couple weeks ago sure was something huh?! I couldn't even get out of my driveway until Wednesday.

  14. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    The weather themes should be above/before the main theme and the extras theme doesn't need to be selected, but I don't think that that would cause the issues you have.



    No problem about the folder, I may just center the folder in a 5-icon dock and use the theme icons on either side, but I'd need Beejive on the right. Yeah, I heard about the 3d icons too and it sounds pretty cool!

    So you're here in GA too? That ice we had a couple weeks ago sure was something huh?! I couldn't even get out of my driveway until Wednesday.
    Haha, ya, it was pretty insane. I wasnt actually here when it happened, as i was on winter break and back home, but I had my flight scheduled to fly in to GA the day after the storm. It ended up getting canceled 5 times, to 5 days later, and even then, when I got back, everything was ridiculous!

  15. #134
    Livin the iPhone Life Dalvar3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 943 Times in 415 Posts

    Hey, just to let you know that this theme is great, I love it! hope you have the chance to work on more icon conversion which I believe it is not easy.

    I've seen that the most of the themes have some kind of skin autocreation, why you didn't use it in this stunning theme?

    Greetings from Costa Rica!

  16. #135
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    well...I have gutted cydia of every tweak. the only thing left are utilities and repos.
    this is what i am left with. Does the order I have them in work.


    still I have the issue. I even turned the sub themes to HD Engraved off.

    Last edited by Spaceman1701; 2011-01-28 at 05:17 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceman1701 For This Useful Post:

    Fattone66 (2011-06-23)

  18. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    I've seen that the most of the themes have some kind of skin autocreation, why you didn't use it in this stunning theme?
    It does auto-skin but you may not have noticed since it's a thin border around the icons.

    Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    Haha, ya, it was pretty insane. I wasnt actually here when it happened, as i was on winter break and back home, but I had my flight scheduled to fly in to GA the day after the storm. It ended up getting canceled 5 times, to 5 days later, and even then, when I got back, everything was ridiculous!
    Thats messed up! Hope your teachers understood why you missed some class unless it was closed all week. Heh

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    well...I have gutted cydia of every tweak. the only thing left are utilities and repos.
    this is what i am left with. Does the order I have them in work still even when I turned the sub themes to HD Engraved off.
    Thats just.. odd. The order shouldn't matter when no other theme is selected. So it only happens with this theme? For some reason all the themed icons are double size. Where did you get the theme from? Did you try deleting then re-downloading it?
    Last edited by The6uest; 2011-01-28 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #137
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Only happens with this theme. I bought the theme from Cydia. I havent deleted and reinstalled. Been scared to. I bought the theme a few months ago but never was able to download it till a couple of weeks ago. I kept getting a repo error while tryinf. Either that or some other error.
    So i was concerned about trying to redownload it.
    Gonna try that.

    IDK. I have removed everything and only innstalled the base theme and it still does it. I am gonna start looking at lockinfo or iconoclasm maybe.
    Last edited by Spaceman1701; 2011-01-28 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    Only happens with this theme. I bought the theme from Cydia. I havent deleted and reinstalled. Been scared to. I bought the theme a few months ago but never was able to download it till a couple of weeks ago. I kept getting a repo error while tryinf. Either that or some other error.
    So i was concerned about trying to redownload it.
    Gonna try that.

    IDK. I have removed everything and only innstalled the base theme and it still does it. I am gonna start looking at lockinfo or iconoclasm maybe.
    Using SBSettings, tell me what mobile substrate tweaks you have on.

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    It does auto-skin but you may not have noticed since it's a thin border around the icons.
    Yeah. I dont like themes that cover up TOO much of the original app, cuz if the original artwork isnt centered it sometimes cuts it off. For my next theme, ive got a better idea though that will look more dramatically altered :-)



    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Thats messed up! Hope your teachers understood why you missed some class unless it was closed all week. Heh
    It was :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-28 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    Yeah. I dont like themes that cover up TOO much of the original app, cuz if the original artwork isnt centered it sometimes cuts it off. For my next theme, ive got a better idea though that will look more dramatically altered :-)
    Oh, already got another theme planned? Cool! Looking forward to it already.

  22. #140
    New Tutorial on Icon Creation:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHsCxPz-idU]YouTube - Engraved Wood: How to create Icons for the theme![/ame]

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Oh, already got another theme planned? Cool! Looking forward to it already.
    Thanks. Trying to find a group to work on it with so I can dish out some of these themes faster. But well c, it may just be easier to do it slow and make sure its perfect :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-28 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

    The6uest (2011-01-28)

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •