Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

Np friend :-)

So progress on the theme has gone faster than I anticipated. I should be able to finish everything in the next couple days. So let this be the 1 week notice for the raised price: starting the 10th of January, the price of HD Engraved wood will raise to $2.50! The final update should be finished and released in the next 4-6 days. Those buying the standard version and the double version bundle will still get discounts, so don't worry.

Glad to hear that....btw while you are at that (finishing your final theming work)...could you please theme the carrier icon in the Setting....thanks

sure.that was definitely something I overlooked. I'll get on that.

home now, meaning final steps of theme can really get finished up. if theres any icon requests or other features wanted, nows time to ask
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-04 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So everything is finished and I am ready to submit pending a facetime interface test. I am requesting some users who would like to test a beta of the Lockscreen Weather Widget. I request that those who would like to test have Lockinfo as the first version I am releasing is only compatible with Lockinfo users. I am looking into widget users and will make one for those who dont use either soon.

Heres the update list (as of now: there may be some last minute requests and icon requests added in)
    v7.0.0 (finalized release): 1/10/11
    -HD Engraved Wood Lock Weather Widget release with updated keypad and text fields (available in cydia)
    -customized voice controls
    -live weather/clock customizations
    -Icon bundle add-on (containing over 50 icons)
    -In-app customizations for voice memos, calculator, clock, notes, and camera
    -New font (Note This) for the notes application
    -redesigned folder enhancer layout and background for new update (needs manual iconoclasm update for layout)
    -Several Alternate carrier additions
    -Settings app Small icons for Cydia Apps (requests needed for additional icons)
    -Facetime customizations
    -Carrier icon in settings app now themed

and finally some screens before the final release :-)

New Keypad for Lockscreen Password

Clock App

Lockscreen Weather Widget (for Lockinfo)

Calculator App (in both portrait and landscape)

Voice Memos App

Notes App (portrait and landscape)

Camera App

New Alternate Carriers (this is the new default, but 4 other new ones are also included)

Facetime

I was VERY busy while on vacation ;-)

Submitting TOMORROW! Price goes up when update goes live. Make sure you buy before the price increase!

added 4.2.1 compatibility, but it is untested since im still stuck on 4.1

Latest update submitted and pending approval. Buy early before the price raise.

Enjoy the new Forum initial post, with new screenshots and updated feature and update lists
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-06 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me mossdef's Avatar
    Thanks

nice update

Slight delay in the v7.0.0 release. The theme was rejected for being "too large" (over 155MB compressed), so I have to split it into two themes (HD Engraved Wood 7.0.0 (the update), and HD Engraved Wood Extras). Submitting again now. The extras theme does not need to be enabled: it only contains the "optional pieces" folder containing fonts and other manual installation material. Directions are included in the extras theme.

If the fact that the theme was rejected for being too large doesn't prove how much HDEW offers, idk what will :-)

(EDIT)
    Sorry guys. One more drawback. Engraved Wood was still too large even after the optional parts were pull out. So now there will be two new packages: the optional parts and Loaders (the loading screens when apps are started up). Should be submitting soon.

Just so everyone knows, the theme now has quite a few parts, so I thought I would make a list so everyone can get all the parts the want/need.
    Here they are:
    HD Engraved Wood (v7.0.0) - Being submitted
    HD Engraved Wood SBS (v2.0.2)
    HD Engraved Wood Weather Widget (v1.5.0)
    HD Engraved Wood LockScreen Weather Widget (v1.0.0)
    HD Engraved Wood Extras (v1.0.0) - Being Submitted
    HD Engraved Wood Loaders (v1.0.0) - Being submitted

Then there's the STD Engraved Wood SBS, and I will be working on the STD version of the whole theme (weather widget and all) over the next couple weeks. Hope to release soon.

(EDIT)
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the support :-) I finally broke 300 purchases which was my goal for the theme since it's only my first one (with exception to some old ones I made back in 2.x.x that were pretty much just a wallpaper and icons). Keep the purchases coming and requests for icons and features coming in :-)

Work begins on the Std version for now, but I am also brainstorming for ideas on my next theme. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-08 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great job...congrats on achieving your goal...next one probably engraved metal?

I don't find 7.00 version on Cydia ?

Its still awaiting approval because on modmyi. Took a little longer cuz i had to split it into parts. But the price goes up to 2.50 after its release, so your better off getting it now. It should be released in the next coming days.

Good news! I got my hands on a non-retina device so I can finally, confidently begin development of the theme in standard def! :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-08 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

V7.0.0 is now live in both Cydia and iThemeSky.com

nice weather widget

Quote Originally Posted by lao3hero View Post
    nice weather widget
    thanks bud

STD Version of Engraved Wood is Submitted and should go live in a couple days hopefully. It will come with two more updates to bring it where the 7.0.0 HD engraved wood version is. All 5 components of the HD version (2 weather widgets, extras, loaders, and sbs) will also be coming/updated. Be patient with them: i wanna make sure they are perfect for you guys
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-11 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've downloaded all of the packages for HD Engraved Wood from Cydia and I have to say I'm impressed. However, I don't have the kyeboard mod that I see here. am I missing something really obvious? I'll admit I'm not the sharpest on the iphone mods, but I've worked my way around most of them.

thanks for your help!

Unfortunately the only way to mod the keyboard (since 3.0 or something like that) has been to use iAcces. So the keyboard mod is only for those people who purchase and install iAcces on you phone. Here is a link to more information:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spMEYp_o0nU]YouTube - [How-To] Themed Keyboards on 3.x w/iAcces 4 (UPDATED)[/ame]

Ignore the parts about installing their iacces keyboards. The Engraved Wood theme contains the themed keyboards. You just need the program "iAcces 4" installed

I bought the theme and I like it, but I have some criticisms. The first is the repository. I don't know who is hosting the theme, but it took over 20 minutes for me to install just the single main theme from Cydia. After I purchased the theme, each individual addition took some much time, I eventually had to queue them all up and go to bed. It took over 3 attempts to get a good download of just the weather addition.

This brings the weather addition. Forcing the customer to install iconoclasm is wrong. I own Iconoclasm but it has problems with other software, namely FoldeEnhancer. I've had other software, including iconoclasm, remove folderenchancer, but the uninstalls never deleted the folders as well. So now, I have to recreate all of my folders once again and sort 338 apps. Not cool. I understand that iconoclasm /may/ give the best visual impact, but there really isn't any reason why someone can't place their apps or folders where they want without you forcing a software requirement on them.

I really like the theme and I am happy with my purchase. But the destruction of my folders with the forced remove of software that I want to use, is not cool.

One more thing that is a major annoyance. By forcing customers to use Iconoclasm, this forces me to use iconoclasm all of the time for all of my themes. BTW, still grouping icons.
    Last edited by JoeStorm; 2011-01-13 at 06:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've purchased this theme but it doesn't work with 4.2.1 firmware, probably with the latest firmware Apple has changed name of ui retina images... could you fix your theme for working on 4.2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    I bought the theme and I like it, but I have some criticisms. The first is the repository. I don't know who is hosting the theme, but it took over 20 minutes for me to install just the single main theme from Cydia. After I purchased the theme, each individual addition took some much time, I eventually had to queue them all up and go to bed. It took over 3 attempts to get a good download of just the weather addition.

This brings the weather addition. Forcing the customer to install iconoclasm is wrong. I own Iconoclasm but it has problems with other software, namely FoldeEnhancer. I've had other software, including iconoclasm, remove folderenchancer, but the uninstalls never deleted the folders as well. So now, I have to recreate all of my folders once again and sort 338 apps. Not cool. I understand that iconoclasm /may/ give the best visual impact, but there really isn't any reason why someone can't place their apps or folders where they want without you forcing a software requirement on them.

I really like the theme and I am happy with my purchase. But the destruction of my folders with the forced remove of software that I want to use, is not cool.

One more thing that is a major annoyance. By forcing customers to use Iconoclasm, this forces me to use iconoclasm all of the time for all of my themes. BTW, still grouping icons.

Hey JoeStorm. I appologise that you have had such a negative experience with my theme.

The repo is ModMyI, and I have unfortunately been running into some errors with them too: namely the downloading of the weather widget and the forbidden message that many users get. As an alternative, users have the ability to download and install the theme using iThemeSky. A link is provided on my first post.

Iconoclasm is simply a recommended program for my theme. My theme has no dependencies on that program (or at least it shouldn't: please inform me if it does), so there is no requirement to purchase that program first. Using gridlock is a decent alternative that I have recommended to many users, but it doesn't provide the same, best effect that iconoclasm does. I have simply designed my theme this way because this is how I wanted it to look. I appologise that there have been so many unfortunate side effects. I currently am using iconoclasm and folder enhancer together and havent experienced any problems between them. The only thing that seemed to cause me any issues was infiniboards scrolling pages, but besides that, there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. I am sorry that you lost all your folders by uninstalling folder enhancer. It really is an unfortunate side effect of this tweak.

The theme should not require any force remove of any software and if this is the case, please inform me so I can bring it to the attention of the repo moderators at ModMyI. Thank you for your cooperation and I appreciate your business and interest in my theme.

Quote Originally Posted by matiu View Post
    I've purchased this theme but it doesn't work with 4.2.1 firmware, probably with the latest firmware Apple has changed name of ui retina images... could you fix your theme for working on 4.2.1?
    An update is on the way. I apologize that it is taking so long. It has been only till recently that I have had at my disposal a 4.2.1 jailbroken device. Updates should go live to fix the issues with 4.2.1 soon.

For those of you having installation issues, I am in the process of making some youtube videos that will give detailed instructions on installation of the theme. Hopefully this will help people out.

Thanks for everyone's continued business and support.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-01-13 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I've only installed UIImages and clarely the os doesn't recognize it correctly and resize it two times bigger!
    Could you tell me how to resize correctly (or rename) the uiimages for working on 4.2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by matiu View Post
    I've only installed UIImages and clarely the os doesn't recognize it correctly and resize it two times bigger!
    Could you tell me how to resize correctly (or rename) the uiimages for working on 4.2.1?
    There should have been no size errors involved with the 4.2.1 glitch. Any size issues would only have happened potentially if you used the HD version on a non-retina screen. However, if you are using a iphone 4 or ipod touch 4th, please provide me with some screens and ill try and correct any errors.

Thanks

Ok, tomorrow I'll do that... just a question, where are setted the original uiimages on the file system?

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast