Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by sonyfreak View Post
    Aah okay, I understand you.. heh.. take a rest.. don't get stressed..

I'll forward it again.. thanks..
    Haha! So much easier to say. I am totally backedup in my update, still need to finish the concept art of the new theme, and have 3 exams over the next week. Stupid last semester of college :-)

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    Haha! So much easier to say. I am totally backedup in my update, still need to finish the concept art of the new theme, and have 3 exams over the next week. Stupid last semester of college :-)
    I look forward to see the new theme !

But.... remember... collage is one-change-only.. prioritise that first dude ! themes and moneymaking second..
    without a good average, the collage is wasted..
    I'm on my last semester too..

I look forward to see the new theme !

But.... remember... collage is one-change-only.. prioritise that first dude ! themes and moneymaking second..
    without a good average, the collage is wasted..
    I'm on my last semester too..
    Very true.
    Best of luck on ur last semester too

I almost have it fully configured, the last issue I seem to have is whenver I go to search (far left screen), or multi task (double tapping home button), on top shows up Engraved Wood and Foundforgood89. It seems to overlap on top of other text so it looks a bit messy. Anyone know where the file is located (I assume a png image) where those two words are located?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunhour View Post
    I almost have it fully configured, the last issue I seem to have is whenver I go to search (far left screen), or multi task (double tapping home button), on top shows up Engraved Wood and Foundforgood89. It seems to overlap on top of other text so it looks a bit messy. Anyone know where the file is located (I assume a png image) where those two words are located?
    They are part of the weather widgets wallpaper. Located at var/stash/theme.xxx/ew weather (@2x).theme/HomeBackground.png

SO!
    After HOURS of downloading free applications and scouring the internet JUST to find the name of applications on the springboard so I could label the requested icons correctly, I am EXHAUSTED! So that's why I am making a new rule for icon requests. This includes requested icons on this forum AND through private emails.

RULE: IT IS THE REQUESTER'S RESPONSIBILITY to check and make sure the 512x512 icon they are requesting to be themed is named EXACTLY what it is on the springboard of their iDevice. This means that WHATEVER is displayed as the name of your application (the text written under the icon on your screen) is what the 512x512 artwork that is sent to be should be called, with the ".png" at the end. THIS IS CASE AND PUNCTUATION SENSITIVE!

SO THAT NO ONE MESSES THIS UP I HAVE MADE AN EXAMPLE!
    Attached is an old picture of EW's springboard with an icon not themed: the application "Pulse". So, if someone was to request this, they would need to:
    1) get the 512x512 artwork through itunes. It should be named the name of the application AS IT IS NAMED IN ITUNES. This means that it won't necessarily (but still may) be named what the application will be called on the springboard of your device (for some applications with long names, the developers abbreviate it when it appears on the springboard).
    2) Look on your springboard for the name of the application. For this example, the name of the application is "Pulse News". This means this is the EXACT name the file that is sent to me should have, with the .png on the end. So the final 512x512 artwork should be named "Pulse News.png". NOT "pulse news.png"! If any punctuation or capitalization is DIFFERENT from what it is on the springboard, the icon WILL NOT WORK!
    3) Double check the name is correct!
    4) TRIPLE CHECK THAT THE NAME IS CORRECT!
    5) post it on this forum or send by email to [email protected]. IF YOUR POSTING THE ICONS ON THE FORUM: Please list the icons in the post with their springboard name as well as attaching them. This is because sometimes the names of the icons posted arn't the same after downloading them from the forum.

NOTE: I will make these icons and name them EXACTLY what is sent to me! This means I will no longer test them or search for their names! IT IS THE REQUESTER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO GET THE NAME RIGHT!

Sorry if I sound really strict or unfair about this, but I literally had to do this for 3 days for over 300 ICONS! So I never wanna have to do that again. I could have submitted the update AND finished the concept art by now if I didn't have to do that.

Thanks guys. Hopefully the next update will be ready really soon. In the meantime, this will REALLY help us out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot-old.png  

iDevice Theme Developer: Engraved Wood, Etched Glass

PS. If requesters do not follow these rules I will discontinue making icons for this theme. I'm sorry, but I really cant invest my time in such a job as making sure the names are right, especially when often I dont own the requested icon, so on occasion I have to buy it JUST so i can get the names correct if I cant get them at any other source.

foundforgood89... I'll of cause follow the rules. As you already have my icon request you can jump over the naming. I'll make the names when your have finished the Photoshop part.
    I know that the icon text comes from the CFBundleDisplayName or CFBundleName in the plist of the app.
    when I have the naming correct I'll send it back to you.

All of the custom icons you've made for people, is there a location/zip file that others can grab them from?

I made about 50 icons for myself, most of them are mediocre at best, but i'm happy to send them your way if you want to see if any are usable for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunhour View Post
    All of the custom icons you've made for people, is there a location/zip file that others can grab them from?

I made about 50 icons for myself, most of them are mediocre at best, but i'm happy to send them your way if you want to see if any are usable for others.
    Ive put some up, but my next update will have em all included

Id be happy to grab em and add them to the theme if youd be ok with it. Ill give you credit for ur icons :-)

Just make sure it follows the rules above

foundforgood89... I'll of cause follow the rules. As you already have my icon request you can jump over the naming. I'll make the names when your have finished the Photoshop part.
    I know that the icon text comes from the CFBundleDisplayName or CFBundleName in the plist of the app.
    when I have the naming correct I'll send it back to you.
    Its fine, dont worry about it for this one :-) but I may post a little later any I cant find so you could always help me with those by telling me the names of any that you know.

Hey guys. So Im down to about 75 icons that I dont know the official springboard names of. So I'm going to ask you guys for help. Take a look at the zip file below, and let me know if you know the official names of any icons so i can release the update sooner. Ill still be working to get as many as i can, but I am having trouble finding these ones, so help would be appreciated :-)

Icons with unknown names.zip
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-20 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey i was wondering if ya could make it so the dock icons where settings, app store, cydia, safari, itunes. im in no rush for this, if you dont have the free time thats fine

Ive put some up, but my next update will have em all included

Id be happy to grab em and add them to the theme if youd be ok with it. Ill give you credit for ur icons :-)

Just make sure it follows the rules above

Its fine, dont worry about it for this one :-) but I may post a little later any I cant find so you could always help me with those by telling me the names of any that you know.

Hey guys. So Im down to about 75 icons that I dont know the official springboard names of. So I'm going to ask you guys for help. Take a look at the zip file below, and let me know if you know the official names of any icons so i can release the update sooner. Ill still be working to get as many as i can, but I am having trouble finding these ones, so help would be appreciated :-)

Icons with unknown names.zip
    Okay, so I have checked some of em

zipped "Correct names"

I have another icon request, but take the time Don't prioritise it..

EDIT:
    The order is:
    "Movie Player.png" ; "My Movies.png" ; "Police Radio.png" ; "Sleep Cycle.png" ; "YouTube Downloader.png"

The last one is from cydia and there's no larger icon - I hope it's okay..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -movie-player.png   -my-movies.png   -police-radio.png   -sleep-cycle.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sonyfreak; 2011-02-20 at 10:57 AM.

I don't know if these will be useful to you, as the quality won't be as good as FoundforGood's, but if it saves him any time, then you can use these I made.

The question mark one is called "Always Right" sorry for the confusion about that. I'm done with requests for now (I'm out of icons) and things I want. I'm keeping this theme. Great work on this. Sorry we (including me) have kinda abused you on this all. Its the best theme I've ever seen. Keep up the college stuff first because thats a *tad* more important than us being satisfied customers. Get great grades first (great not good) then help us (when/if you want to) because thats more important. Good luck make it a good one.

Theres no need for anyone to appologise, i really appreciate all ur guys consideration :-) i think i just have been having stressful weekend between my exams and the themes. I over reacted. If people wouldn't mind following the rules i gave earlier, i really appreciate it, but I'm not mad, so don't worry :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    hey i was wondering if ya could make it so the dock icons where settings, app store, cydia, safari, itunes. im in no rush for this, if you dont have the free time thats fine
    Here ya go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -request.png  

Okay, so I have checked some of em

zipped "Correct names"

I have another icon request, but take the time Don't prioritise it..

EDIT:
    The order is:
    "Movie Player.png" ; "My Movies.png" ; "Police Radio.png" ; "Sleep Cycle.png" ; "YouTube Downloader.png"

The last one is from cydia and there's no larger icon - I hope it's okay..
    Thanks for the corrected icon names. Dunhour seemed to do a great job on the icons you requested :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    The question mark one is called "Always Right" sorry for the confusion about that. I'm done with requests for now (I'm out of icons) and things I want. I'm keeping this theme. Great work on this. Sorry we (including me) have kinda abused you on this all. Its the best theme I've ever seen. Keep up the college stuff first because thats a *tad* more important than us being satisfied customers. Get great grades first (great not good) then help us (when/if you want to) because thats more important. Good luck make it a good one.
    Thanks for the support bud :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-20 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the corrected icon names. Dunhour seemed to do a great job on the icons you requested :-)

Thanks for the support bud :-)
    Year, absolutely !

Well, I'm having this problem with the YouTube Downloader icon. I cant get it to show the wood icon.
    Actually, I found out that the original name was "FREEdi_Youtube" on the springboard, but even if I change the icon file to "FREEdi_Youtube.png" and respring, nothing happens. hmm..

Let me get one thing strait.. When you give an icon a name - the exact name, what CFxxx in the plist file does it refer to ?
    Am I correct if I say that, it is Winterboard which make sure the app takes the icon from the theme ?

Thank you..

EDIT:
    I finally did it fixed.. The icon file for the app have to be "FREEdi YouTube Downloader.png".

You may still answer the question about CFxxx
    Last edited by sonyfreak; 2011-02-21 at 12:27 AM.

i followed the video instructions on how to dissable the dock icons, it didnt work. i am using ScrollingBoard, think that has something to do with it? im also on 4.2.1 if that helps any

nevermind i found a way around it, i just used the sample blank icon all of them
    Last edited by Ashes; 2011-02-21 at 12:15 AM.

Year, absolutely !

Well, I'm having this problem with the YouTube Downloader icon. I cant get it to show the wood icon.
    Actually, I found out that the original name was "FREEdi_Youtube" on the springboard, but even if I change the icon file to "FREEdi_Youtube.png" and respring, nothing happens. hmm..

Let me get one thing strait.. When you give an icon a name - the exact name, what CFxxx in the plist file does it refer to ?
    Am I correct if I say that, it is Winterboard which make sure the app takes the icon from the theme ?

Thank you..

EDIT:
    I finally did it fixed.. The icon file for the app have to be "FREEdi YouTube Downloader.png".

You may still answer the question about CFxxx
    I think the CFBundleDisplayName is the name you are supposed to use. Wether or not winterboard senses the ID of the icon by that or by the springboard label itself, I do not know. I think they are one in the same though (if you edited the CFBundleDisplayName, I think it will change the name of the icon on the springboard...)

An easy way to see the icon's name on the springboard (incase its a long one) is to download and install "Icon Renamer" and bring up the rename window to see what the label is normally (just make sure not to accidentally change it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    i followed the video instructions on how to dissable the dock icons, it didnt work. i am using ScrollingBoard, think that has something to do with it? im also on 4.2.1 if that helps any

nevermind i found a way around it, i just used the sample blank icon all of them
    I use scrollingboard too, so that shouldnt cause any issues. Did you manage to resolve the problem? Let me know if you still need help...
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-21 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast