Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    These actully look alot better than the ones i saw on my phone. maybe its cuz they were blown up a bit? anyways good job! :-) these are definitely useable
    I tried to make them realistic as possible. Most icons have a lighter shade on the upper half and with those icons i tryed to represent that, but then i realised that your blank icon has already a ligher shade in the back and i remade them.

Here is exactly what I did. I went to the folder EW Weather -> Bundles -> Disabled dock icons and copied com.apple.mobilephone, safari, ipod, email to one folder up which is the bundles folder. I wonder if this is a Verizon Iphone thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bufat View Post
    I tried to make them realistic as possible. Most icons have a lighter shade on the upper half and with those icons i tryed to represent that, but then i realised that your blank icon has already a ligher shade in the back and i remade them.
    Really well done. Just be sure to omit any lighter shading. It isn't necessary. We will be sure to work on ur other icons, but be sure to upload anymore you make ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by b00st4ddicted View Post
    Here is exactly what I did. I went to the folder EW Weather -> Bundles -> Disabled dock icons and copied com.apple.mobilephone, safari, ipod, email to one folder up which is the bundles folder. I wonder if this is a Verizon Iphone thing.
    That all sounds correct. Could anyone confirm they got it working on verizon?

Go into ifiles and navigate back to the root folder "/". Then go to /Applications/Mobilephone.app/ and find the info.plist file. Open it and read the CFBundleIdentifier label. It SHOULD be "com.apple.mobilephone". If not, tell me (be case sensitive. If something capital that isn't above, tell me)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-17 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it looks like Verizon's file name is a little different. isntead of com.apple.mobilephone it says MobilePhone.app. Does that mean I need to switch all the name in bundles folder to that? thanks for all your hard work!!

please ignore the last post. i didn't read the whole thing. i just check the info file, and it is com.apple.mobilephone exact
    Last edited by b00st4ddicted; 2011-02-17 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Glad you got it working :-) thanks guys for helping him

Alway appreciate suggestions. I want this theme to be the best it can aswell :-)
    As for the icon shadows when selecting apps, in 4.2.1, apple changed the way these selection shadows are defined. unfortunately, in this new means of defining them, I can no longer modify them using winterboard. They are now defined using the icon masks. unfortunately, this really sucks for my themes because I dont like to use masked icons all that much. I feel like themes should make a valiant attempt and making themes more creative than just masking icons in a single way (as you will see in my upcoming new theme).
    So because of this, the icon shadows cant be changed :-( sorry. They will naturally look best for masked icons, but most icons wont be masked, so yeah.

As for the second issue, the stretched background where the delete button is is unfortunately another artifact of apple made restrictions. Because that bar can have varying lengths (by adding more or less buttons), when more buttons are present, the image stretches. I actually addressed this early in beta (around v5 or 6) to try and fix that, but I wasn't able to :-( I also looked into making another version with vertical grains in the wood to try and help the stretch, but that ended up looking worse. So if you have any suggestions, id love to help, but no matter what, the image will have to stretch.

And lastly, the blue bar at the top of the screen when mywi is enabled. That I am happy to say, I can improve :-) and will happily add it to the next update.

we will get to them ASAP :-) Thanks The6uest

Okay that's a shame.. well, I have noticed that in other themes, maybe it was the theme glasklart, it worked well, and I don't think it were by masking the icons. take a look. A theme in cydia in the description said that the theme worked only with summerboard mode turned off. Is there a way for you to do it that way ?
    Well, I have to understand the basic of how the onclick effect is working to give suggestions. hehe

for the stretch thing.. theres something you have to explain to me..
    The example I gave you about the photo deleting.. Here the background stretches, but if you go into dropbox and push the "+" it pops up the same bar - the bar with options.. Here there isn't any stretch ? how come ? hmm.. does it not uses the same background image or what?

Sorry my bad english

Finelly, I'll be happy to help in any way..

Quote Originally Posted by b00st4ddicted View Post
    it looks like Verizon's file name is a little different. isntead of com.apple.mobilephone it says MobilePhone.app. Does that mean I need to switch all the name in bundles folder to that? thanks for all your hard work!!

please ignore the last post. i didn't read the whole thing. i just check the info file, and it is com.apple.mobilephone exact
    Do you have the weather widget above engraved wood in winterboard? Can you send me a screen of ur springboard

Quote Originally Posted by sonyfreak View Post
    Okay that's a shame.. well, I have noticed that in other themes, maybe it was the theme glasklart, it worked well, and I don't think it were by masking the icons. take a look. A theme in cydia in the description said that the theme worked only with summerboard mode turned off. Is there a way for you to do it that way ?
    Well, I have to understand the basic of how the onclick effect is working to give suggestions. hehe

for the stretch thing.. theres something you have to explain to me..
    The example I gave you about the photo deleting.. Here the background stretches, but if you go into dropbox and push the "+" it pops up the same bar - the bar with options.. Here there isn't any stretch ? how come ? hmm.. does it not uses the same background image or what?

Sorry my bad english

Finelly, I'll be happy to help in any way..
    Summerboard needs to be on for the theme to work as is, and with the number of icons the theme includes (now over 600!), i cant support monitoring them in the bundles folders

I think it may use another image. Because there can be a varied number of buttons on the bar, it stretches when more are added.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-18 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@foundforgood89

I was wondering if its possible to put your icon video tutorial on youtube, or here for that matter, with at least 720 resolution. The max available atm is 480 and, for some reason, I'm having difficulties seeing what your are doing there. Would be helpfull.

Kind regards.

id like to see a dock with icons in this order please

sms, safari, phone, ipod

thanks master theme-er you are the best at this stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -airview.png   -battery-doctor-pro-max-your-battery-life.png   -brain-wave-25-advanced-binaural-programs.png   -burn-rope.png   -dilbert-mobile.png   -find-my-iphone.png   -fruit-ninja.png   -movies-flixster-rotten-tomatoes-free.png  

-shazam-encore.png   -not-always-right.png   -kid-cudi-official.png   -word-lens.png  

Can't make more advanced stuff yet, but if you consider them ok, you can surly add them.

Hope this helped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -shazam-encore.png   -airview.png   -dilbert-mobile.png   -not-always-right.png   -word-lens.png  

Oh very nice indeed. The Kid Cudi one I don't think will be easy/possible. I like what you've done

Hello, ran into a problem, bought Engraved Wood HD via Theme It, once i got it installed i went to look something up on Cydia. Heres the problem, Cydia kept crashing on me, WTF i thought and what was the last thing i did? So i uninstalled Engraved Wood HD and now Cydia works fine now.

This is the frist time i ran into this problem installing a theme, and ive gone through many themes since ive own a iPod(curently own a 4g on 4.2.1), but the frist time i use Theme It to buy a theme, so i figure that might be my problem

I was wondering, since i alerady paid for it through Theme It, do i still have to pay for it in Cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    I was wondering, since i alerady paid for it through Theme It, do i still have to pay for it in Cydia?
    I don't think so, wait for foundforgood to reply and he will ask you some questions to verify the purchase, and after you've givin him your cydia account you can redownload it.

@foundforgood89

I was wondering if its possible to put your icon video tutorial on youtube, or here for that matter, with at least 720 resolution. The max available atm is 480 and, for some reason, I'm having difficulties seeing what your are doing there. Would be helpfull.

Kind regards.
    Are you watching on your iPod/iPhone? Id recommend checking it on a computer cuz I tried to annotate all the steps to make it easier. If your still having problems, just lemme know

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    id like to see a dock with icons in this order please

sms, safari, phone, ipod

thanks master theme-er you are the best at this stuff
    Sure, ill make that up for you this afternoon. We will add these icons to our todo aswell
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-18 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's the same. I evan downloaded the movie on my pc and still i cant see a thing.

Can't make more advanced stuff yet, but if you consider them ok, you can surly add them.

Hope this helped.
    Great job, :-) thanks for the help. Sorry, i didn't see these before my last post

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    Oh very nice indeed. The Kid Cudi one I don't think will be easy/possible. I like what you've done
    Ill take a crack at it when i get a chance :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-18 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello, ran into a problem, bought Engraved Wood HD via Theme It, once i got it installed i went to look something up on Cydia. Heres the problem, Cydia kept crashing on me, WTF i thought and what was the last thing i did? So i uninstalled Engraved Wood HD and now Cydia works fine now.

This is the frist time i ran into this problem installing a theme, and ive gone through many themes since ive own a iPod(curently own a 4g on 4.2.1), but the frist time i use Theme It to buy a theme, so i figure that might be my problem

I had that same problem when I first got the theme. You just have to update Cydia to fix the problem. Its an issue with Cydias purchase verification.

What bufat said: send me an email at [email protected] with any download confirmations that you got, along with your name as registered in ThemeIt and the approximate date of purchase. Ill set u up with a fix :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I had that same problem when I first got the theme. You just have to update Cydia to fix the problem. Its an issue with Cydias purchase verification.
    Do u mean update Cydia itself? Cuz if hes crashing he wont be able to. Think u can find a deb file of the latest version for him so he can manually install?

It's the same. I evan downloaded the movie on my pc and still i cant see a thing.
    I can try and write out the annotated steps for you if u like. Is this for the complex icons? Cuz i thought u did well on the simple ones
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-18 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do u mean update Cydia itself? Cuz if hes crashing he wont be able to. Think u can find a deb file of the latest version for him so he can manually install?
    I don't think Cydia can be updated through itself anyways. I downloaded the file and installed it through iFile. I'll see if I can find it and post the link here. It should be version 1.0.3366.7.

Heres a link to the Cydia update. Just download it to your phone then find the file in iFile and select it then choose "install".
    http://www.mediafire.com/?69rha650cb5rj0g
    Last edited by The6uest; 2011-02-18 at 04:32 PM.

Do you have the weather widget above engraved wood in winterboard? Can you send me a screen of ur springboard

Summerboard needs to be on for the theme to work as is, and with the number of icons the theme includes (now over 600!), i cant support monitoring them in the bundles folders

I think it may use another image. Because there can be a varied number of buttons on the bar, it stretches when more are added.
    Okay, that's understandable !

Do you now the stretch is also visible when you write a message.. a long message you'll see it.. is this the same problem though ?

How does it goes with the icon package ?

Another Q.. I was trying to follow your custom icon video, but when I should do the second color range, photoshop said that there will be no pixels shown.. is there a get-a-around ?

Thanks..

I have a Danish version of the lock weather. Do you want it to your next update for your Danish customers ?

Happy 1000th cydia purchase!!

To celebrate Engraved Woods massive success and its 1000th Cydia purchase, I am giving three lucky users beta access and a FREE COPY (upon official release) of my new pending theme "Etched Glass"!

(This is a great contest for those interested in the process of theme making, as you will get first hand experience working with me to make this theme complete)

Etched Glass info:
    (currently in alpha) This is a new theme designed to show off the best features of the weather widget included in Engraved Wood, but in a new and just as appealing way! By using amazing transparent graphicing along with already-existing cydia tweaks, this theme complements every users interest. Concept art will be posted here as soon as it's complete.

How do I enter?:
    There will be three ways to enter this competition.
    1) The first is by tweeting about this competition to spread the word. This requires both a reference back to myself (by typing "@foundforgood89". without this, I will have no way of knowing you have entered), and a link to this post:

Add this LINK to your Twitter Post

2) The second way of entering is by tweeting about Engraved Wood. This requires both a reference back to myself (by typing "@foundforgood89". without this, I will have no way of knowing you have entered), a snapshot of the theme (either from your phone or this forum), and a link to this forum:

Add this LINK to your Twitter Post

3) The last way of winning will be by creating a Youtube video showing off Engraved Wood. The criteria for this is that they must be a minimum of 3 minutes long and show your iDevice customized with some aspect of the Engraved Wood theme. This does NOT include videos of screenshots of your iDevice or others. It must be a live video. DisplayRecorder (or any similar program) recordings are fine, but please add an audio component to the submission. Submissions to this portion of the contest must be posted with a link to your video on this forum:

Submit Youtube video links to this forum

A winner will be decided from each means of entry. Please read the "How are winners decided" section. You MAY enter in all three ways.

What is the prize?:
    The prize of this competition has several components. It includes access to the alpha and beta copies of the theme as they are being constructed. It also includes access to exclusive communication with me during the development process to allow customization to your personal iDevice. This means I will costumize any requested portions of the device (given that it can be done practically and plausibally) up until the official release of the theme. Why is this so amazing? I will PERSONNALLY work with you to make sure your copy of the theme is completely to your satisfaction in every way before it is even officially released!
    Secondly, winners will also receive a free copy of the theme through either Cydia or ThemeIt (pending acception into their stores).

How are winners decided?:
    Three winners will be decided for this contest. The first two will be a random drawing of the entrys for the twitter submissions. There will be one drawing from each type (advertising Engraved wood OR this contest), and winners will be generated using a random number generator for fairness.
    The third winner, for the youtube video submissions, will be decided by popular vote by my team.

When does this end?:
    Contest will be available for the next month, ending on March 15th. As long as the submission is in before March 16th, it is eligible. The reason why this contest is so long is to give me time to complete the alpha and to give contestants time to make and submit their entries and spread the word.

How can I collect my prize?: Beta progress of this theme will be distributed via email until the theme is complete enough to publish. During this time (and only this time), winners will be allowed to consult with me at a higher level than other customers on the features they wish to see in the theme (specific apps, tweaks, and icons, etc). Upon publish, the contest winners will be allowed to get a copy of the theme free of charge through either Cydia (account required) or ThemeIt (account required, pending acceptance by the ThemeIt team)

PLEASE NOTE: Any submissions that I don't see will not be included. This means that if a twitter post does not have reference to me, it will not be included. Any youtube video made and not posted on the forum will not be included. Only submissions that meet the above conditions will be included in the contests.

Hope you all give it a shot. It really is the only chance you will get to not only get early copies of the theme, but learn about the themeing process in the first place and to make sure everything on your device is customized to your liking.

Awaiting submissions starting...NOW!
    Foundforgood89
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-18 at 05:21 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

kruzzit (2011-02-25), The6uest (2011-02-18)

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast